The catalytic converter is a vital component of your engine system. In its absence, the toxic pollutants without proper treatment would be released into the environment, inflicting many dangers to the ecosystem.
Years of regular use will make any Catalytic converter dirty. The internal combustion releases noxious gases and carbon products that form layers on different parts of the system. Moreover, the unburnt fuel mixes with the new fuel and forms gel, gunk, sled, etc., restricting the proper fuel flow and hampers effective combustion.
To get rid of all these troubles and to increase the efficiency of the process, you would need the Best Catalytic Converter Cleaner. This cleaner will not only remove the impurities but also ensure the protection of your engine in the long term.
How A Dirty Catalytic Converter Can Damage The Engine?
Look at the information below and understand the different stages that occur before your car engine is damaged.
- Stage 1 – When the catalytic converter is dirty, it doesn’t correctly oxidize the unburnt fuel and its raw components. Further, this results in excessive emission of pollutants in the air.
- Stage 2 – The released pollutants are carbon products and form soot in the exhaust, which turns into a significant blockage.
- Stage 3 – The unburnt fuel mixes with the new fuel and forms lumps and gunk, which restricts proper uniform combustion, and you need to refill the fuel tank more frequently than usual.
- Stage 4 – As the fuel economy reduced, your car starts acting up. It doesn’t start quickly or accelerate properly.
- Stage 5 – With more blockage, the catalyst converter stops working, and the engine starts heating up.
- Stage 6 – Heating results in the expansion of every compound and further expansion of the whole matrix. Usually, this results in a reduced flow of fuel, and finally, the choked engine.
Generally, this could be avoided if a quality cleaner is introduced to the engine at an earlier stage. As it will provide lubrication, clean the converter with exhaust and dissolve the sleds, your engine will be protected.
Benefits Of Using A Catalytic Converter Cleaner
Till now, you must have got an idea as to why a Catalytic Converter is essential and what all could happen to your vehicle’s engine if it goes putrid and not cleaned within the required time. Here are some benefits of using a Catalytic Converter Cleaner to save you from such disappointing consequences; take a look:
Improves Engine Performance
A Catalytic Converter Cleaner facilitates the smooth flow of fuel, removing residues and deposits. As more hydrocarbon is combusted adequately in the process, there are fewer chances of waste, and all of your fuel is used to provide high performance.
It also cleans the fuel injectors and lubricates cylinders improving the power generation. Hence, the overall performance of the engine enhances.
Saves Your Money
First of all, with the increased efficiency of the engine, you don’t have to fill the tank frequently. Your fuel costs are cut to significant levels. In addition to this, you won’t have to go to a mechanic to change the converter as the cleaner clears the clogs and renews it. Your professional servicing expenses are also deducted.
Reduces Emission Level
A clean Cat-Converter helps in breaking toxic carbon oxides into milder, less notorious gases. This way, the total emission levels are reduced, and you can easily pass the emission test while protecting the environment.
Helps You Get Rid Of Foul Odor
When the Catalytic Cleaner is clogged or is not working accurately, your whole exhaust system will give out an unbearable rotten egg smell. With the cleaner, you can remove the deposits from the exhaust and clear the converter clogging to get rid of the terrible odor.
Which Are The Best Catalytic Converter Cleaners To Buy?
The top best Catalytic Converter Cleaners are undoubtedly Lucas and Sea Foam products due to their impressive cleaning features and all-rounder performances. Berryman cleaner, too, is an excellent option for you as it’s technologically advanced and comes from a reliable brand.
Check out all the other recommended products down below:
- Best Overall: LUCAS 10013 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Lubricates carburetors, high power detergent, burns fuel completely, multi-purpose, dissolves residues in oil.”
- Best Budget: Sea Foam SF-16 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Easy to use, cleaner, lubricator, fuel stabilizer, dissolves residues, cleans oil, budget-friendly.”
- Best for Carburetor: Berryman 0117 B-12 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Reputed brand, disperses moisture, improves acceleration, cleans carburetor, lubricates, facilitates easy flow.”
- Best Fuel Additive: Star Tron 32 oz Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Rejuvenates fuel, ideal for ethanol, removes clogs, fit for any kind of vehicle.”
- Best for Diesel Engines: Archoil AR6200 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Highly concentrated, DPF cleaning, prevents corrosion, lubricates, great for gas engines too.”
- Best for Petrol Engines: Chevron Concentrated Fuel System Cleaner
“Prevents overheating, boosts combustion rate, restores acceleration, easy start, increases fuel efficiency.”
- Best for Fuel Injectors: Red Line (60103) Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“All in one, cost-effective, for oxygenated fuels, cleans fuel injectors thoroughly, enhances performance.”
- Best for Rust and Corrosion: Marvel Mystery Oil 50665 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Easy to use, provides lubrication, removes residue and clogging, prevents rust and corrosion, stabilizes fuel.”
- Best Fuel Economy: Royal Purple 11722 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Increases fuel efficiency, EPA/CARB compliant, easy flow, blends well, unscented, protection against rust.”
- Best for Hybrid Cars: Mr. Gasket 120009 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Reduces emission, environmental friendly, oxygen sensor safe, easy to store, cleans exhaust well.”
- Best for Exhaust: OXICAT 250 ml Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Prevents deposit on exhaust, lessens emission, made in Germany, reduces soot, cleans oxygen sensor.”
- Best for All-Terrain Vehicles: Cataclean 120007 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Restores acceleration, easy start, no sluggish drive, increases fuel economy, reduces carbon buildup, perfect for off-road vehicles.”
- Best Deodorizer: Hi-Gear HG3270s Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Removes rotten egg smell, prevents soot formation, cleans exhaust, improves horsepower, easy to use, no technical knowledge needed.”
- Best for Passing Inspection: Solder-It (CAT-1) Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“Lessens pollutant emission, eliminates clogging of exhaust, deodorizer, cleans oxygen sensor, compatible with all kinds of vehicles.”
- Best for Deposits: Mac Auto Parts P420 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
“2-step cleaning formula, professionally used, removes bad odor, provides long term protection against rust and corrosion, narrow tube bottle for ease of usage.”
Catalytic Converter Cleaner Comparison Chart
Compare the enlisted Best Catalytic Converter cleaners and find the best match for you. For easy analysis, I have prepared the following chart for you.
|Product Name||Compatible With||Suitable For||Action||Capacity||Dosage||Warranty/ Return Policy|
|LUCAS 10013 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best Overall||ATVs, UTVs, street motorcycles, snowmobiles, and marine equipment.||Gasoline or diesel||Cleaner, lubricator, stabilizer||1 gallon||2 to 3 ounces /10 gallons||Manufacturer's warranty could be requested through customer service, provided depending upon many factors|
|Sea Foam SF-16 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best Budget||Car, truck, any diesel-based motor||Gasoline or diesel||Cleaner, lubrication, fuel stabilizer||16 oz||1 ounce/gallon or for greater cleaning 2 ounces/gallon||No warranty|
|Berryman 0117 B-12 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Carburetor||Cars, trucks, ATV's, off-road vehicles||Gasoline or diesel||Improves acceleration, removes residue||16 oz||1 ounce per gallon||30 days replacement if defective|
|Star Tron 32 oz Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best Fuel Additive||Cars, trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, and outdoor power equipment.||All types||Smoothens flow, detergent, dissolves residue||32 oz||1 fl oz every 8 gallons||Provided after inspecting different factors by manufacturer|
|Archoil AR6200 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Diesel Engines||Cars, vintage and classic vehicles, small motor equipments||Gasoline or diesel||Prevents corrosion, lubricator||8 oz||2 ml per gallons||30 days return policy|
|Chevron Concentrated Fuel System Cleaner - Best for Petrol Engines||two-stroke air-cooled engines, two-stroke water-cooled engines, four-stroke lawnmower, motorcycle, and marine engines||Gasoline, gasoline hybrid vehicles||Prevents overheating||20 fl oz||Full bottle for 20 gallons||30 days limited warranty period|
|Red Line (60103) Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Fuel Injectors||Cars, street bike, dirt bike, ATV's, PCWs||Gasoline||Cleaner removes clogs||8 oz||1 bottle for 20 gallons||No warranty|
|Marvel Mystery Oil 50665 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Rust And Corrosion||GDI engines, cars, trucks, 2 and 4 stroke engines, ATVs||Ethanol mixes, diesel, gasoline||Prevents rust and corrosion||12 fl oz||4 oz/10 gallons||30 days return policy|
|Royal Purple 11722 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best Fuel Economy||For both 4-cycle and 2-cycle engines||Gasoline or diesel||Dissolves impurities, provides easy flow||20 fl oz||1 ounce per gallon||Limited warranty for 30 days|
|Mr. Gasket 120009 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Hybrid Cars||Truck, fleet, industrial use||Gasoline, diesel, and hybrid||Reduced emission||5 liters||1 quart for 8 gallons||30 days sellers warranty|
|OXICAT 250 ml Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Exhaust||Petrol (gasoline) vehicles||Diesel, gasoline, hybrid||Cleans soot and layering||250 ml||1 bottle for 12-15 gallons||Return within 30 days after the item is returned, shipping and handling cost not refundable|
|Cataclean 120007 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for All-Terrain Vehicles||Any gasoline, diesel-based vehicle. ATV's and marine vehicles.||Gasoline, diesel, not for gas/mix fuels||Lubricator dissolves residue||473ml||1 quart for 8 gallons||30 days return policy, limited warranty|
|Hi-Gear HG3270s Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best Deodorizer||Cars, motorcycles, trucks, vehicles running only on gasoline||Only gasoline||Removes rotten egg smell||15 fl oz||1 can for 17-20 gallons||Not specified|
|Solder-It (CAT-1) Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Passing Inspection||ATV, UTV, street sport motorcycle, off-road motorcycle, marine personal craft, snowmobiles, and street touring motorcycles||Gasoline||Prevents excessive emission of pollutants||16 oz||1 bottle for 20 gallons||30 days return policy|
|Mac Auto Parts P420 Catalytic Converter Cleaner - Best for Deposits||GDI engines, car, truck, motorcycles, all gasoline-based vehicles||Gasoline||Cleans soot layers||Not specified||1 bottle for a tank of gasoline||Limited warranty by the manufacturer|
Top 15 Best Catalytic Converter Cleaners On The Market 2021 Reviews
Well, now when you have decided to buy the best catalytic converter cleaner, the next question is – which one? You will have a jillion options to choose from, and the process will be backbreaking work.
To share the burden, I’m providing you with the 15 best products. Look into the specifications and read the features to get the most suitable cleaner for your car engine.
1. LUCAS 10013 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
For gunk, free, smooth operating motor, opt for this product, and you will never be disappointed. LUCAS catalytic converter cleaner gives your engine a power boost by cleaning all the oil residues and increasing its efficiency.
You can use it for all kinds of gasoline or diesel-based engines.
Helping in neutralizing low sulfur fuel issues it helps in minimizing the emission of harmful gasses. If you are looking forward to increasing the life of injectors and pumps, this all-in-one cleaner will help you out.
- Lubricates carburetors and injectors
- High detergent mechanism
- No solvent
- burns fuel completely
- Dissolves residue in the oil
- Helps incomplete combustion and increases the efficiency of fuel.
- Lessens smog formation and emissions
- Exceeding the ad iced dosage will not affect your vehicle negatively
|Bottle Type||Capped, pour-in|
2. Sea Foam SF-16 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
Manufactured by Sea Foam, this lubricant and cleaner will help you avoid all kinds of engine damages. Once mixed with oil, it will increase its lubricity and dissolve any kind of residue. It is suitable for all gasoline and diesel engines, and you can use it all by yourself without any professional help.
The eye-catching feature of this motor cleaner is the price. You get a fuel stabilizer, lubricator, cleaner for fuel injector and carburetor- all in one can. This multi-use product will make your rides smooth and quiet and prevent clogging from residue.
- Easy to use
- Blends well
- Smooth and working of the engine
- Effective and safe
- Dissolves residues in crankcase oil
- Clean valves and deposits in the chamber
- Stabilizes fuel for two years
- Could be used in any kind of truck, car, or diesel-based motor
- Reduces fuel burning
- The manufacturer doesn’t provide a return policy on this product
|Bottle Type||Capped, pour-in|
3. Berryman 0117 B-12 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Carburetor)
Berryman is a family-owned company that has been providing quality items for almost a century. This product is designed to clean the carburetor and dissolve the residue thoroughly. With the usage of “HEST” (High Energy Solvent Technology), the fuel economy boosts up.
A carburetor is that part of an engine that mixes air to fuel the perfect ratio for proper combustion. For this process to be efficient, the carb’s cylinder has to be free from any varnish, residue, or deposit.
The product mentioned above does this job for you. It means the carb linkage, throttle body, distributor shafts, and provides the fuel an easy flow too.
- Uses HEST
- Provides Lubrication to carburetors
- Comes in different sizes and capacities
- Improves acceleration
- Disperses moisture when used with gasoline
- O2 sensor safe
- Reliable and made of suitable quality substances
- Environment friendly and reduces harmful emission
- Improves drivability and smoothens the functioning of the machine
- Quick dissolving mechanism and dissolves clogs and varnishes
- Comes in different sizes and capacities
- Might strip off paint if incompatible
|Bottle Type||Pour-in capped Can|
4. Star Tron 32 oz Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best Fuel Additive)
The multifunctional additive helps break down water and sludge to simpler particles for easy burning with the fuel. Superior enzyme technology allows the engine to start quickly and run smoothly even when left for months without using ethanol dissolved fuel.
It ensures uniform combustion and increases fuel efficiency. The fuel is stabilized for up to 2 years, and no clogs are formed in the carburetor. You can use this fuel additive in excess without implicating any kind of harm on the engine.
If you are looking for a catalytic converter cleaner that easily blends with the fuel reducing the overall emission of harmful gases from the engine, then Star Tron is the one for you.
- Cures ethanol problems
- Improves performance
- Provides fuel efficiency
- Rejuvenates old fuel
- Could be used in all kinds of cars, trucks, ATV/UTV, snowmobiles, etc
- Directly added to fuel without any hassle
- Any amount will not harm the engine
- Prevents clogging and varnishes efficiently
- This product might not be legal to use in many parts of the state require different CARB standards
|Bottle Type||Capped, pour-in|
5. Archoil AR6200 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Diesel Engines)
With the help of this product, you will modify the combustion and make it smooth plus efficient. Providing apt lubricant to oil and fuel, it has a decisive detergent action that cleans dirt and residue and breaking sludge into microparticles.
Usually, this is a super-concentrated formula, and one small bottle will treat a large amount of fuel. The Archoil cleaner is perfect for diesel engines and works as a demulsifier too for active water separation.
It will work for gasoline machines, too, and prevent corrosion. For having thorough combustion and better working condition for your vehicle, this cleaner is a great deal.
- Works exceptionally well for DPF cleaning
- Enhances lubrication
- Prevents corrosion
- Highly concentrated
- Doesn’t rip off paint
- Protects the fuel system
- Helps in long term storage of fuels
- Sufficient detergent action cleans fuel from sludge
- Great for gas engines as well
- The product doesn’t come with a tube to deliver the product to the tank
6. Chevron Concentrated Fuel System Cleaner
(Best for Petrol Engines)
This fuel cleanser removes impurities and carbon deposits from all critical parts of your engine. Widely trusted by motorists and mechanisms from all over the world.
Though used for gasoline based engines too, petrol engines are its perfect match. How much ever old your car and its engine is, you will get satisfactory performance with this product’s usage.
It works molecule by molecule, simplifying the gunk and dissolving them in fuel for complete burning. It’s an all-rounder additive that would clean, protect, and restore your vehicle’s engine.
- Works against over-heating
- Cleans carburetor, fuel injectors, ports, etc
- Boosts combustion rate
- Could be used for unused vehicles
- Reduces jerkiness and engine overload
- Restores acceleration and lost power
- Increases fuel efficiency
- Cleans out junk and other deposits
- Ensures less emission of harmful gases in the environment
- It can trigger the catalytic converter
- The engine might start to burn oil, which would result in its aging
- Very high concentration if the liquid
|Bottle Type||Liquid tube neck bottle|
7. Red Line (60103) Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Fuel Injectors)
Containing Polyether amines, this product works well for fuel injectors. Comprising of powerful detergents, it works on both low and high heat conditions. It prevents carburetor icing and stabilizes gasoline avoiding the formation of varnish and gum.
Your car cylinders will be treated too with lubrication with the usage of this product. With the age of your vehicle, the engine starts being slugging and consumes more fuel than before.
If you want to reclaim the lost quality, this product is an ideal one at this price. You will witness positive changes in a concise period.
- Enhances performance
- All-in-one product
- Perfect for cleaning fuel injectors
- It is used every 1500 miles
- Detergents work on all types of excellent conditions
- Safe for long term usage
- Reducing the amount to be used, you can treat this product as a regular cleaner for your vehicle too
- Could be used With oxygenated fuels as well
- Not compatible with all models of vehicles, you will have to enquire before putting them to use
- Not ideal for diesel engines
|Bottle Type||Liquid tube neck bottle|
8. Marvel Mystery Oil 50665 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Rust and Corrosion)
Ideal for high mileage and proper maintenance of your vehicle’s engine, Marvel Mystery cleaner is one of the best products on the market. Marvel Mystery, designed for today’s advanced systems, could also be used in the crankcase.
Blending perfectly, it smoothens the engine’s functioning and is equipped with direct injection (GDI). As it is an ethanol and biodiesel friendly product, it protects against corrosion and rust. It gives top-end lubrication and desirable fuel economy.
If you are in search of a catalytic converter cleaner that doesn’t corrode the machine parts and also protects them from such harm, this product will exceed all your expectations.
- Easy to use
- Could be used with advanced fuels
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Stabilizes fuel
- Provides lubrication
- Enhances compression and power
- An essential product for preventive maintenance of the engine
- Could be used in advanced fuels and also synthetic oil
- Dissolves sled and gunk improving fuel efficiency
- It has a powerful smell and could be a little uncomfortable for you while using
|Brand||Marvel Mystery Oil|
|Bottle Type||Tube neck bottle|
9. Royal Purple 11722 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best Fuel Economy)
Maximizing the fuel’s performance, this product will deeply penetrate inside the engine system cleaning all parts. Being EPA/CARB compliant, this cleaner could be used in gasoline and diesel engines.
It gives sufficient lubrication and increases mileage. With regular uses, you will be surprised to witness the changes in your car.
Providing compatibility with a 2- cycle and 4- cycle engine, this product also reduces emission and doesn’t harm the combustion chamber. You will love how your car runs like new after usage of the cleaner.
- Oxygen sensor safe
- Increases the life of the engine
- Sold individually
- Smooth liquid flow
- EPA/CARB compliant safe for advanced engine designs
- Blends with the fuels properly and reduces gel, dirt formation
- Deeply generates and cleans all the parts
- Offers protection against rust
- You will have to use it at least 5-6 times to notice results
|Capacity||20 fl oz|
|Bottle Type||Can, Plastic Cap|
10. Mr. Gasket 120009 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Hybrid Cars)
Manufactured by Mr. Gasket, this cleaner holds a good reputation in the market. The emission levels will lower with this product’s usage, and it will decrease the carbon build up in a significant amount.
Perfect for hybrid cars, it will help your vehicle pass the smog test effortlessly. Cataclean comes in a reasonable quantity and will last for more time than you would expect.
While adding this cleaner to your engine system, be careful, and read the instructions provided thoroughly. Store in a cool/dry place and enjoy comfortable rides without any trouble.
- Fuel and exhaust cleaner
- Easy to use
- Easy to store
- Reliable product
- Cleans the catalytic converter efficiently
- Prevents accumulation of carbon substances
- Perfect for your exhaust cleaning and reduces emissions in a large amount
- Value for money and lasts longer than expected
- Not quick in action and rakes time to show visible improvement in the performance of your car’s engine
|Bottle Type||Plastic Jerrycan|
11. OXICAT 250 ml Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Exhaust)
This high-performance product is specially devised to remove soot and any kind of impurities. While optimizing engine performance, the cleaner also ensures the proper functioning of catalysts and sensors. Mix this additive in a ratio of 1:300 for best results.
Made in Germany, it is of very high quality and takes care of your engine’s catalyst, oxygen sensor. It is a premium product and specially designed to clean all parts of the cat cleaner.
Protecting against contamination due to regular use, it also eliminates the pre-existing impurities. It will clean the exhaust and oxygen sensor in-depth and provide you with the best possible results.
- Oxygen sensor cleaner
- Reduces soot formation
- Eliminates pre-existing contamination
- Protects from future contamination
- Provides for effortless acceleration
- Ensures proper functioning of the lambda sensor and catalyst
- Perfectly observes the emission limits of your vehicle
- Could be used in gasoline, hybrid, or diesel vehicles without causing harm
- Quick action as its reaction time is significantly less
- The product doesn’t offer any multitask options
- It is a bit expensive as compared to the other products with similar features
- Very less quantity provided
|Bottle Type||Plastic cap, can, filling tube provided|
12. Cataclean 120007 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for All-Terrain Vehicles)
This premium product helps in reducing hydrocarbon emissions up to 50 percent. You can easily clean any unwanted deposits in the converter and limit their buildup again in the future.
It is a suitable product for non-gasoline vehicles. The long term protection provided proves its reliability, so you don’t have to worry about the consequences.
Get rid of issues like tough starts and sluggish drivability with the usage of this product. If you are planning to change the oxygen sensors and catalytic converter, consider this product to keep those expenses aside for some time.
- Perfect for offroad vehicles
- Legal in 50 states
- Complies with the federal low sulfur requirement
- Reduces carbon buildup
- Helps in gaining the fuel economy
- Helps in the easy start of your vehicle and hence suitable for ATV’s /UTVs
- Could be used in all types of weather
- Doesn’t modify the fuel and a lot for diesel, gasoline, hybrid, and flex-fuel
- Easy to add with the narrow duct shape of the bottle
- Not suitable for use in two strokes engines like mowers
- Couldn’t be used in gas/oil mix engines
|Bottle Type||Narrow tube can|
13. Hi-Gear HG3270s Catalytic Converter Cleaner
Preventing excessive emission of noxious gases, this product by Hi-Gear helps restore the lost quality of the engine. If you are sick of the rotten egg smell coming out of the engine, this product will do wonders.
This straight forward cleaner comes ready to use and offers optimum service in cleaning the catalytic converter.
You will love how it restores the smooth functioning of your car and helps in curing the hard-start issues. Cleaning the impurities will increase fuel efficiency as well. It has a very close formula to OEM.
- Cleans the exhaust and restricts future carbon build-up
- Comes in a sturdy metal can
- Removes rotten egg smell
- Reduces emission of toxic gases
- Very simple to use, no need for technical knowledge
- Improves the horsepower and efficiency
- Cleans injectors, combustion chamber, valves, pistons, and almost everything that comes in an engine
- Can only work with gas engines and no other type.
- No multipack option available
|Bottle Type||Metal Can|
14. Solder-It (CAT-1) Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Passing Inspection)
Solder-It designed to be used in both monolithic and pelletized catalytic converter; this cleaner also works as a deodorizer. You no longer have to make peace with the foul, rotten egg odor. This product will end your worries.
If you are tensed about passing the emission test, switch to this cleaner, and you won’t regret it. Simple and easy usage is what makes it more attractive.
You don’t have to be a mechanic or professional; with the help of this catalytic cleaner, you can do the job on your own. Save your money and time, but Solder-It Cat cleaner today!
- Works as a deodorizer too
- Affordable price
- Reduces emission
- Cleans the oxygen sensor
- Suitable for all types of vehicles, including ATVs
- Comes in a right quantity of 16-ounces and will last long
- It is also available in different packs contacting a variable number of units of this cleaner
- The period between tunings could be extended with its usage
- As a tube doesn’t come packed with this product, you won’t be able to pour it directly.
|Bottle Type||Plastic capped bottle|
15. Mac Auto Parts P420 Catalytic Converter Cleaner
(Best for Deposits)
This heavy-duty cleaner is used by professionals as well. The 2-step cleaning formula is beneficial and delivers satisfactory results. The components in this product are fit for the cleaning of soot or other impurities.
You will have to use it every 5000 miles to increase the life of the cat converter. Specially designed to remove excessive dirt, this cleaner doesn’t implicate any damage in the process.
It dissolves gum and other undesirable formations in the fuel. It increases the life of the catalytic converter.
- Devised for professional use
- Doesn’t cause damage
- 2-step cleaning formula
- Reduces carbon emission
- Helps you in getting rid of the rotten egg smell
- Be it any part of the system, this cleaner will get to every end and dissolve the unwanted deposits
- Provides long term protection from clogging and deposits
- Easy to use, just a simple pour in, and you are good to go
- Expensive as compared to other products with identical features
- Doesn’t provide proper lubrication to the system
|Brand||Mac Auto Parts|
|Bottle Type||Narrow tube neck bottle|
Ultimate Buying Guide On Best Catalytic Converter Cleaners
Now you must be wondering how to know which cleaner is best for your car engine’s Cat-Converter. Well, I’m here to provide you with a solution. Refer to the guide below while choosing the product, and I assure you there will be no chances of missing out on the perfect cleaner.
If you own a regular gasoline car, there is no need to worry. Almost all catalytic converter cleaners are compatible with them. But if your car is hybrid or uses diesel, look for a cleanser specially formulated to clean a diesel-run vehicle’s engine.
Full System Cleaning
Before making the purchase, look at the services the cleaner provides and what functions it performs. With so many options available in the market, there are multi-purpose catalytic converter cleaners that clean every part of the system.
It includes exhaust, carburetor, fuel injectors, cylindrical tube to lubricate, reduce emission, dissolve impurities, and much more. Generally, this will help you cut costs, and instead of filling your garage shelves with hundreds of task-specific products, you will have the one perfect solution.
Look out for a product that is legal to use in all states. Many states have put restrictions on cleaners that don’t pass the emission test.
The same goes for exhausts. There are regulations regarding the types of cat-cleaners that could be used with different kinds of exhausts. Check the state regulations before buying the product, so it doesn’t go to waste.
The no. of product per package matters because you will have to use the product quite frequently. Especially for the cleaners that show improvement after 4 to 5 uses, you won’t want to buy a new bottle every time.
Buying an excellent catalytic converter cleaner that comes in multipack would be the right choice.
Emission Test Pass
If you add a catalytic converter additive right before a test, you surely are hoping for it to get you a pass. In such circumstances, buy a product that asserts and assures this.
There are numerous cleaners out there who will promise you the passing and state the same on their package. Make a wise choice and read the descriptions and terms carefully.
With a legion of cat-cleaners available in the market, I understand how perplexing your experience of finding one could be. To share your burden, I’m sharing with you some general queries that might appear in your mind at some point.
My Top Pick
After looking into all the Best Catalytic Converter Cleaners and comparing them, my top pick is Sea Foam SF-16 Catalytic Converter Cleaner. Considering the offered versatility and multi-functional qualities, it becomes the indisputable winner.
As it is compatible with all kinds of engines, it will be compatible with your use. Summer, winter, spring, or fall, use this product four times a year and stay away from your car engine’s related problems. The price range of this cleaner is just another cherry on the cake.
I hope my recommendations will help you find the best cleaner unit. Now when you are equipped with sufficient knowledge, go and get your Catalytic Converter Cleaner today!