Undoubtedly, hardwood flooring is a smart choice for a home or an office as it compliments all types of interior designs. However, the wood starts to lose its shine due to wear and tear over time. Here is where the best hardwood floor polish comes into play.
Treating your hardwood floor not only aids in restoring the shine to your floor but also reduces the uneven textures, such as grooves and scratches, thereby increasing the durability of the product. However, with countless numbers of options available, picking the right product is not an easy task.
So, to help you choose the best hardwood floor polish, here I am going to give a list of top 15 best floor polishes, which can help your hardwood floor restore its shine, texture, and enhance its lifespan. Here I will discuss other vital aspects, along with the buying guide. Let’s get started.
- Benefits of Polished Hardwood Floors
- How to Polish Hardwood Floors?
- Best Brands for Hardwood Floor Polish
- What Are The Best Hardwood Floor Polishes?
- Best Hardwood Floor Polishes Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Hardwood Floor Polishes Reviews 2020
- Howard FW0016 Hardwood Floor Polish
- Quick Shine Hardwood Floor Polish
- Bona High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish
- Quick Shine 64 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
- Weiman High-Traffic Hardwood Floor Polish
- Weiman 27 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
- Orange Glo 4-in-1 Hardwood Floor Polish
- Milsek OR-4 Hardwood Floor Polish
- TriNova High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish
- Milsek HO-12 Hardwood Floor Polish
- Zep Commercial 1044999 Hardwood Floor Polish
- Rejuvenate 40 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
- Shark 16 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
- Libman 2055 Hardwood Floor Polish
- Zap 32 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
- Things to Consider When Buying the Best Hardwood Floor Polish
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- My Top Pick
Benefits of Polished Hardwood Floors
While you’re getting your dream home ready, it is wise to get your wooden floor polished with the best polish. And, if you don’t know why you should use polished hardwood floors, here are the reasons.
- Durability: Getting your hardwood floor polished will ensure that it doesn’t get damaged easily. It will make sure that the floor is protected from the process of wearing and tearing. The best quality polish will allow the floor to last for a long time and let you spend less on its maintenance.
- Attractive: The polished hardwood floors will enhance the beauty of your home. It will make your home look attractive and clean. You will not be able to find anything better than this for your home because it is truly eye-catching.
- Prevents Stains: Polish will prevent the hardwood floors from stains. If the floors are polished, it will not be possible for the stains and spills to reach the actual wood and make it look dirty. Also, with polish, it will be easy for you to get rid of the stains without putting much effort.
- Offers Good Health: As we all know that it is not easy to remove the dust from wooden floors, if they will be polished, you can easily clean the dust and keep the air of your home clean. And, clean air will eventually keep your health good.
- Prevents Sand: If you are going to get your floors polished, you will not have to get them sanded. Sanding is done basically to keep the floors of your home smooth and give them a new look. And, going for sanding could be an expensive option. So, polishing will save you from sanding costs.
How to Polish Hardwood Floors?
Hardwood floors can lose its shine over time and may demand a polish to cover up its imperfections. So here is how you can start polishing your hardwood floors:
Testing the Finish of the Floors
The very first thing that you need to do is to scrape off a small part of your floors to check out the finish.
If the finish looks smudged, then probably your floors have a penetrating finish and do not require polishing, but it may need waxing. But if you happen to see clear material & your floors have a surface finish, then you can consider polishing such floors by testing it on a small portion of the hardwood floors.
Clean Your Floors
Before you start polishing the floors, you need to get rid of all the trash and belongings from your room. Remove all the furniture and wipe the floors so that it is free of dirt and grit. Make sure you allow it to dry before you apply the polish.
When you kick start the polishing process, start from one corner of the room by spreading the hardwood polish in ‘S’ shape. Now, use a flat mop to spread it evenly over the floors by moving it back and forth, removing any air bubbles for a perfectly smooth finish.
In order to gain proper control over your polishing skills, make sure that you polish in small areas applying a thin polish coat, which can dry quickly explicating its shine.
Allow It to Settle
As soon as you complete the polishing chore, it does not give you the license to roam about freely on the hardwood floors. You need to have patience before you allow light traffic in the room. Allow the floor to breathe for a while & leave it isolated for a couple of hours to avoid any sign of scratches and stains.
Follow the Precaution Protocols
Now once the hardwood floors have been polished well and are ready to use, you can go ahead to enjoy walking on your hardwood floors that might be bestowing a new shine. But make sure that you adhere to all the precaution protocols so that the floors can serve you prolonged services.
Consider using rugs at the entry path to prevent dust from accumulating on your floors and also follow the cleaning schedule religiously so that your surfaces do not go dull and can reveal its charm and luscious shine for long.
Best Brands for Hardwood Floor Polish
It is difficult to maintain the shine of the hardwood flooring. In such cases, the best hardwood floor polish can be a lifesaver. So, here is the list of top brands for hardwood floor polish.
Wilhelm Edner, the founder of Bona, was the owner of a grocery shop where he used to sell bonvax – the element which creates a polished and protective layer when applied on wooden floors. After realizing the power of bonvax, he incorporated Bona AB in 1919.
Since then, this century-old company has been manufacturing the products for the hardwood floor industry, including polishes, adhesives, sanding, coating, etc.
Weiman introduced a complimentary bottle of wood polish, cooktop cleaner, and wipes for premium surfaces in 1941, 1980, and 2003, respectively. All these cleaning products help its customers to keep their houses shine like a new one.
Now, from stainless steel cleaner to metal and jewelry cleaner to floor polishes – Weiman is a pioneer in the cleaning industry.
Founded by Douglas G. Howard, Howard Products launched its first flagship product – Restore-A-Finish in 1969.
Today, Howards Products offer an entire line of the premium quality product for kitchens, leather and upholstery, metal care, chalk-style paint, and wood care. These products have the potentiality to make any home a better place to inhabit and restore antique and fine furniture.
Quick Shine is a sub-brand of Holloway House that manufactures premium quality household care products, floor care tools, and hardwood floor polish since 1962.
The company supplies innovative and quality products that can fit a customer’s purpose are their ultimate goals. The products provided by Quick Shine have undergone extensive evaluations to be deemed both safe and effective for your house.
Founded in 1999, Rejuvenate is known for its home restoration products in the USA. It has launched a line of more than 50 home restoration products that includes leather cleaner, spot and stain remover, and furniture and cabinet restorer and polishes.
The active ingredients in Rejuvenate’s floor polishes are safe to use around kids and pets and strong enough to remove the toughest scratches and dirt from the floor.
What Are The Best Hardwood Floor Polishes?
Have a quick review at the features of the 15-best hardwood floor polishes, and pick the one that suits your needs the best.
- Best Overall: Howard FW0016 Hardwood Floor Polish
Versatile and easy to use, Prevents further drying of the wood, Includes natural components like beeswax
- Best Budget: Quick Shine Hardwood Floor Polish
Fortified with plant-based carnauba, Free from harsh metals, Quick and Easy application
- Best High Gloss: Bona High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish
Safe for all unwaxed and unoiled wood floors, High gloss formula, Adds a protective layer on the wood floor
- Best for Pets: Quick Shine 64 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
Ideal for laminate, vinyl, and stone floors, Free from aluminum, ammonia, etc., Long-lasting glow
- Best to Remove Scratches: Weiman High-Traffic Hardwood Floor Polish
Prevent from future scratches, Versatile polish, No sticky residue
- Best Weiman: Weiman 27 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
Safe and ready to use formula, Ideal for finished hardwood floors, Extends the life of the wood floor
- Best DIY: Orange Glo 4-in-1 Hardwood Floor Polish
Less dry time, Ideal for high foot traffic area, Effective results
- Best Natural: Milsek OR-4 Hardwood Floor Polish
Features a fresh orange scent, Safe to use, Multi-purpose product
- Best TriNova: TriNova High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish
Easy application, Brings natural shine back, Long-lasting results
- Best for Watermarks: Milsek HO-12 Hardwood Floor Polish
No wax or silicon, No residue, Effective results
- Best for High-Traffic Area: Zep Commercial 1044999 Hardwood Floor Polish
High gloss shine resists scuffs and marks, Versatile polish, Professional strength floor polish
- Best Rejuvenate: Rejuvenate 40 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
Eliminate smudges and footprints, Free of dyes, Instantly shines dull floors
- Best Non-Toxic: Shark 16 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
Safe for pets, Non-toxic and biodegradable, Quick-dry anti-slip finish
- Best for Shine Restoration: Libman 2055 Hardwood Floor Polish
Prevent scratching and dulling of floors, Maintains high-quality shine for a long time, Fresh citrus scent
- Best Heavy-Duty: Zap 32 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
Ideal for heavy-duty restoration projects, Safe for any wood of any finish, Removes stains and restores the original shine
Best Hardwood Floor Polishes Comparison Chart
Check out the comparison chart of the 15-best hardwood floor polishes below that help you choose the right product as per your needs.
|Best Hardwood Floor Polishes||Capacity||Dry Time|
|Howard FW0016 Hardwood Floor Polish - Best Overall||16 Oz.||20 minutes|
|Quick Shine Hardwood Floor Polish - Best Budget||27 Oz.||30 minutes|
|Bona High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish - Best High Gloss||32 Oz||1 Hour|
|Quick Shine 64 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish - Best for Pets||64 Oz.||30 minutes|
|Weiman High-Traffic Hardwood Floor Polish - Best to Remove Scratches||32 Oz.||30 minutes|
|Weiman 27 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish - Best Weiman||27 Oz.||30 minutes|
|Orange Glo 4-in-1 Hardwood Floor Polish - Best DIY||24 Oz.||15 minutes|
|Milsek OR-4 Hardwood Floor Polish - Best Natural||4-bottles of 12 Oz. each||20 minutes|
|TriNova High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish - Best TriNova||32 Oz.||1 hour|
|Milsek HO-12 Hardwood Floor Polish - Best for Watermarks||12 Oz.||20 minutes|
|Zep Commercial 1044999 Hardwood Floor Polish - Best for High-Traffic Area||1 gallon||30 minutes|
|Rejuvenate 40 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish - Best Rejuvenate||40 Oz.||10 minutes|
|Shark 16 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish - Best Non-Toxic||16 Oz.||1 hour|
|Libman 2055 Hardwood Floor Polish - Best for Shine Restoration||24 Oz.||1 hour|
|Zap 32 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish - Best Heavy-Duty||32 Oz.||30 minutes|
Top 15 Best Hardwood Floor Polishes Reviews 2020
Now you know what this guide is all about, let us go through a detailed review of the best hardwood floor polish to help you choose the right product.
Howard FW0016 Hardwood Floor Polish
Designed to act as a product with dual features of polishing and conditioner, the Howard Hardwood Floor Polish is an amazing option for you to try. It polishes all types of hardwood surfaces to add a soft and protective luster.
The beeswax and carnauba wax coverage ensure there is no scratch or dust on the surface.
The formula introduces high-quality conditioning oils to the wood and avoids the eventual drying off and fading issues. Howard doesn't make your floor look fake; rather, it adds to the existing beauty. Not just that, this hardwood floor polish adds into the grain depth in unfinished or finished wood surfaces.
- Amazing scented orange oil formula
- Gel-like polish consistency to avoid spillage
- Little amount goes a long way
- Helps prevent any deterioration/drying of hardwood
- Can be used on dining tables, cabinets, and wooden door
- Easy to apply
- Requires adequate ventilation during application
|Dry Time||20 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2.5*2.5*8.5 inches/15.2 ounces|
Bring your hardwood floor back to life with the Howard Products floor polish. Check this video for more information:
Quick Shine Hardwood Floor Polish
Want your hardwood floor to look just as new, but budget is your concern? With Quick Shine floor polish, you get access to a budget-friendly option that helps restore the richness of your hardwood floor. Not just that, if your floor has fading issues, this formula will help keep up its original color.
Quick Shine is also fortified with the purest carnauba that is a plant-based extract. This formula brings in triple action, which starts with restoration, protection, and goes all the way to the refreshment of your hardwood floor.
Not just that, the formula is safe for pets, kids, as well as the environment.
- Perfect for high traffic hardwood floor
- Antifoam technology for maximum coverage
- Adheres to United States EPA safety standards
- Quick application process with fast results
- Nozzle design for squirt and spread action
- Free from harsh metals
- Might leave a cloud-like residue
|Capacity||27 Oz./64 Oz.|
|Dry Time||30 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2.25*4.7*10.75 inches/1.95 pounds|
With this budget hardwood floor polish, get rid of your cleaning woes. Here is a quick video describing its use:
Bona High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish
(Best High Gloss)
Love to see that glossy shine on your hardwood floor? With Bona Store Hardwood Floor Polish, you can get access to an amazing formula that adds an amazing gloss to your faded floor. Apart from adding that luster to your hardwood, it protects the same against gradual wear.
The Bona hardwood floor polish also fills in the micro-scratches that happen from daily foot traffic. This formula is perfect for use on your office or home floors. The product also flaunts GreenGuard certification for a low amount of chemical emission.
- Adds protective film for abrasion prevention
- Creates an even finish for the floor
- Safe for unoiled, unwaxed, or polyurethane wood floors
- Water-based solution for zero chemical deterioration
- No need for floor buffer post application
- Doesn’t allow pet fur to stick to the floor
- Doesn’t clean, only polishes the floor
|Dry Time||1 hour|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||4.5*2.5*9.5 inches/2.2 pounds|
Add a new meaning to your home décor with the amazing shine brought to you by the Bona Store hardwood floor cleaner. Check this video to understand how it works:
Quick Shine 64 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
(Best for Pets)
When keeping your hardwood floor clean, the right way to go is to opt for a polish that is safe to use around your pets and kids. One such option available in the market is the Quick Shine hardwood floor polish. Not just the hardwood floor, this formula can easily clean laminates, tiles, stone floors, as well as LVT.
This floor polish adds in an instant, rich, deep glow to your hardwood floor. The formula also ensures optimum gloss and durability. The quick pour action ensures faster polishing action and easy spread out. The consistency has been designed to ensure that the formula evenly covers the hardwood floor.
- Free from alcohol, formaldehyde, paraben, and more
- EPA approved formula
- Quick and easy application
- Removes tough build-up and residue
- A single application is enough
- Doesn’t make the floor slippery
- Effects fade away easily
|Dry Time||30 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||3*5.63*11.5 inches/4.25 pounds|
Now that you know everything about the Quick Shine Hardwood Polish, here is a quick video that describes more about its use:
Weiman High-Traffic Hardwood Floor Polish
(Best to Remove Scratches)
When scratches cover your hardwood floor, the sight of the same can be heartbreaking. With Weiman hardwood floor polish, you can easily remove these scratches while preventing any possibility of future abrasions. The formula is perfect for floors that tend to receive high traffic and hence prone to faster deterioration.
The micro-filling technology added to the formula helps remove any scratches by forming a highly protective coating. Not just that, the floor polish has been designed to be versatile with use on different types of hardwood floor finishes.
- Zero sticky residue
- Safe for pets and kids
- Restores natural wood shine
- Less drying time
- Easy-to-squeeze bottle
- No-slip formula
- Designed for finished hardwood only
|Dry Time||30 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2.35*4.62*10.5 inches/2.3 pounds|
Are you looking for more information on how to use the Weiman Hardwood Floor Polish? Check out this quick video:
Weiman 27 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
Weiman is a hardwood floor polish that brings together a creative formula for easy scratch removal as well as dust-protection. The micro-filling formula helps create a protective layer that is scratch resistant and doesn't wear out for long.
This versatile floor polish can easily be used over any hardwood surface that has been finished for perfection. The Weiman floor polish leaves a rejuvenating shine minus the sticky residue. It also extends the wood floor's life in a single and easy step. However, you might need to sweep and vacuum the floor before polishing your hardwood floor.
- Polymer scuff-based removal agent
- Hides the minor scratches easily
- Prevents moisture seepage into the hardwood
- Restores natural wood oils for better shine
- Doesn’t leave any film that distorts the wood
- Polishes and restores at the same time
- Chemical smell post-use
|Dry Time||30 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||4.08*2.5*9.19 inches/2.06 pounds|
With Weiman, keep away your daily woes of having a squeaky clean hardwood floor. This video explains more about its features:
Orange Glo 4-in-1 Hardwood Floor Polish
If you do not have the budget or simply do not love the work by floor polishing service providers, the Orange Glo hardwood floor polish is your perfect DIY companion. It makes use of orange peels in the form of a cleaning agent.
The citrusy smell and natural ingredients are something cherished by most environment savvy campaigners. This floor polishing agent doesn't leave any waxy or oily residue on your hardwood floors. The polishing agent also acts as a cleaner to remove grease, dirt, or waxy substances.
- Revitalizes the natural wood textures
- Leaves the room smelling fresh for long
- Doesn't harm the pets or kids
- Perfect for offices with heavy traffic
- Dries up quickly
- Deep cleaning action to evade any underlying wood issues
- Might cause skin or eye irritation
|Dry Time||15 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||3.92*2.37*9.5 inches/1.75 pounds|
With Orange Glo, you can perfect the art of keeping your hardwood floor squeaky clean. Here is how you keep it clean. Watch this video for more information:
Milsek OR-4 Hardwood Floor Polish
If you hate that terrible smell of chemicals and want things to be all-natural in terms of hardwood polishing, the Milsek hardwood floor polish is an ideal choice. This pack of 4 multi-purpose cleaner and polishing agents with no build-up formula can clear all the dust, scratches, and oily residue from the floor.
The natural formula is also safe for daily use on your floors or kitchen cabinets. This polishing agent can be used with rattan and wicker furniture as well. The nourishing oil present within the formula ensures that the hardwood doesn't dry out very quickly.
- Protects hardwood floor from dry air or moisture
- Cleans and polishes in one go
- Removes wax or damage from the water ring
- Consists of petroleum distillates and mineral spirits
- Gently cleans the hardwood without any damage
- Replenishes the natural wood oil
- Oil tends to stick to the skin (gloves recommended)
|Capacity||4-bottles of 12 Oz. each|
|Dry Time||20 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||6.5*8.25*3.75 inches/12 ounces|
With Milsek Hardwood Floor Polish, you can keep that pesky chemical smell away from your home. Check out this video to get more information on the product:
TriNova High Gloss Hardwood Floor Polish
Are you looking for a premium quality floor polish to keep your expensive hardwood all nice and shiny? With Trinova Hardwood Floor Polish, you can ensure that your hardwood has reduced scratch appearances with an abundant renewal of the natural luster.
While protecting your hardwood, it also restores the wood oil while removing any existing damage. The formula also shields your floor from the heavy foot traffic with a naturally enhance beauty for your wooden floors. The Trinova floor polish also helps your floor look its best with a high gloss added to the hardwood.
- Perfect consistency doesn't need to be diluted
- Can also be used on the linoleum vinyl floors
- No second coat required immediately
- Helps renew the wood floor texture
- Doesn’t make the hardwood floor grainy
- Makes the floor easy to clean
- Aroma might be allergic for some
|Dry Time||1 hour|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||9.4*6.6*3.5 inches/2.09 pounds|
Milsek HO-12 Hardwood Floor Polish
(Best for Watermarks)
Do you hate those watermarks that degrade the overall look of your hardwood floor? Now get rid of these watermarks with the help of Milsek Hardwood Floor Polish. This cinnamon-raspberry scented polishing oil ensures that you do not have to witness those heart-breaking watermarks on your precious floor.
The best thing about this polishing agent is the fact that it can be used daily without deteriorating the original wooden texture. Apart from being used on your hardwood floor, you can use it on your cabinets, panels, as well as your expensive furniture.
- Polishes-protects-cleans all in 1-easy step
- Doesn't leave any harmful residue
- Perfect for use on shower doors for moisture protection
- Removes grit, grime, and dust
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- Non-greasy wooden finish
- The room might get stinky
|Dry Time||20 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||3.25*7.63*2 inches/12 ounces|
Get rid of those notorious watermarks that kill the beauty of your hardwood floors. Check out this video to understand more about how it works:
Zep Commercial 1044999 Hardwood Floor Polish
(Best for High-Traffic Area)
If your office or home hardwood floor is exposed to high foot traffic, you need a reliable floor polish that doesn't deteriorate your expensive flooring. With Zep Commercial floor polish, you can give your floor a durable and high-gloss shine that lasts for long.
With a simple one-step application, you get access to a formula that requires minimal maintenance. The formula takes a minimum of 30 minutes to dry out completely and seal in the natural oils. Further, this floor polish can be dubbed as a no-slip concentrate that works on the heel and scuff mark left behind on the hardwood floor.
- Perfect for use with hardwood, concrete, vinyl, or rubber
- Durable polishing for high foot traffic
- Best for floors that are infrequently buffed
- 20% solid polishing formula
- Creates a sparkly wet look
- Excellent pricing for the features provided
- Leaves an ammonia-like scent
|Dry Time||30 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||13*6*6 inches/9 pounds|
With Zep hardwood floor polish, you can maintain the luster of your floors and keep them shiny for years. Here is a video explaining more about the floor polish:
Rejuvenate 40 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
If you have a recently finished hardwood floor or a newly installed floor, the Rejuvenate floor polish will help you keep them new and shiny for long. Not only it maintains the lustrous shine of your floors, but it also protects and cleans your floors.
This floor polishing formula is also great for laminate, stone, vinyl, ceramic, terrazzo, and so on. The floor polish helps eliminate the unnecessary smudges and footprints known to plague your hardwood floor. The formula is free of chemical fumes and odor that is known to irritate some users.
- Doesn't contain hydrogen peroxide, caustics, or dyes
- Instantly adds shine to the dull floor
- Effective results
- Fills in the minute scratches
- A single application is required
- Seals in the natural oil minus the moisture
- Dust tends to stick on the surface
|Dry Time||10 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||10.25*5*2.25 inches/2.79 pounds|
If you love your hardwood floors, the best way to keep them new and shiny is with the help of Rejuvenate hardwood floor polish. Here is a video explaining more about it:
We all know how dangerous those toxic chemical fumes can be that radiate from the regular floor polishes. With Shark hardwood floor polish, you do not have to worry about the same. This non-toxic formula is perfect for the safety of your pets and children.
Not just that, the Shark floor polish is biodegradable and doesn't harm nature in any manner. Whether you want to use it on wood or tiles, this formula will bring in the much-needed shine to your floor. With its quick-dry feature, you can be assured that dust or dirt won't settle quickly on the floor as it dries off.
- Anti-slip polishing formula
- Ease of application
- High glossy effect without any waxy residue
- Helps polish, clean, and restore the hardwood floor
- A tiny bit goes a long way
- Keeps the wood color intact
- A tad bit pricey
|Dry Time||1 hour|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||10*8*6 inches/1 pound|
Libman 2055 Hardwood Floor Polish
(Best for Shine Restoration)
Is your hardwood floor looking dingy and dusty? With Libman hardwood floor polish, you can protect and restore the shine of your hardwood floor. The effects last for a month or so with minimal need for re-application. The polish gets rid of any dulling or color deterioration that might occur on your floor with time.
Apart from this, the fresh citrus fruit scent ensures that your room stays smelling fresh for as long as possible. This polisher should be paired with the Libman hardwood cleaner to ensure maximum shine and luster.
- Great at getting rid of scuffs or soil
- Cleans and removes debris while polishing the floor
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- Ideal packing for spill prevention
- Built-in cup for measuring the right amount
- Rubs off the watermarks easily
- Needs to be diluted
|Dry Time||1 hour|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||8.75*3.75*2.25 inches/1.75 pounds|
Zap 32 Oz. Hardwood Floor Polish
Once every year, you need to opt for in-depth cleaning of your hardwood floors. Selecting the right floor polish is the key to get lasting effects. With Zap Professional, you get access to a wood polishing formula that restores your floor to a whole new level.
Designed for heavy-duty use, this floor polish handles tough marks that have been ailing your floor for a long time. It is also ideal for a routine cleaning session that maintains the beauty of your wooden laminates. The formula works to lock in the natural wood oil while rejuvenating the floor from within.
- Ideal for wooden floor restoration projects
- Buffs the scratch marks
- Simple easy-to-pour bottle
- Brings out wood’s natural grains
- Gentle formula that doesn’t deteriorate wood
- Doesn’t strip off the protective coating
- Makes the floor tad slippery
- Doesn’t have a spraying nozzle for better application
|Dry Time||30 minutes|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||NA/2 pounds|
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Hardwood Floor Polish
With countless numbers of options of hardwood floor polish available, picking the right one is not easy. So, here are some factors that you must know before choosing the best polish for your hardwood floor.
Usually, wood polishes are designed for finished surfaces that provide a protective seal. Since you can’t use the same floor polish for unfinished floors that you’re using for finished floors, it is important to buy the floor polish as per your floor finish. Otherwise, it may ruin your floor’s appearance and shine.
It can be a nightmare to remove high traffic polish from a low traffic area & it can damage the base of the floor. Hence, if you’re seeking a hardwood polish for your house, then consider buying a low traffic floor polish. But if you’re buying it for your industrial floor, buy medium traffic or high traffic floor polish.
Since some wood polishes leave some stains or residue when it dries and makes the floor slippery, it is vital to understand the ingredients present in the product. A perfect hardwood floor polish is highly effective in restoring the glow of the typical wooden floor without leaving any residue behind.
The nature of a good hardwood floor polish is to get dry quickly while adding shine to your floor. No one can walk on a hardwood floor right after polishing and needs to wait till the time it gets dry. It will be great if a buyer pays attention to the time the polish takes to get dry.
Ease of Application
While some polishes require some sprayers or special tools for the application, some can be used with a clean mop or a dry cloth. Hence, before finalizing your decision, it is vital to ensure the polish you are buying is easy to use. Otherwise, you may end up creating a mess all over your floor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Hardwood floor polish is one of the most preferred choices, but various questions may surround your mind regarding the polish. Here I have listed the top 5 FAQs about Hardwood Floor Polish.
My Top Pick
I hope that this article has helped you to choose the best hardwood floor polish that can meet your needs efficiently. However, I liked Howard FW0016 Hardwood Floor Polish the most.
This hardwood floor polish can treat all types of wood surfaces by providing a soft luster and a coating of Carnauba Wax and Beeswax to protect your floor in the future. What makes this product stand out from the crowd is that it prevents deterioration and drying of wood in the future.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask. I’ll love to answer your queries. All the best!