Vacuuming has been an integral part of the cleaning routine, and you know about the home vacuum cleaners. However, there are other parts of the home like a lawn where cleaning is required, but these vacuum cleaners are not apt for the job. The good news is you do have the privilege to enjoy custom made products for vacuuming the lawns especially designed for them.
The debris from the fallen leaves, pine cones, cut grass, etc., accumulate over time and rot when they come into contact with moisture, housing several parasites and worms. To avoid the conditions suitable for parasites, you need to keep the lawn clean from time to time. The lawn needs to be cleaned for aesthetic reasons, also apart from hygienic reasons.
The best lawn vacuum at most of the times comes with additional features like blower and mulcher. It has varied power options and capacities for garbage collection bags. The collection bags come as attached to the device directly or with a hose and can be worn as a backpack.
You have corded, cordless varieties running with gas and battery-powered models you can be chosen according to your convenience and budget. Having one in your tools is always time saving and handy for you in maintaining the cleanliness around your home.
Benefits of Owning a Lawn Vacuum
Best Lawn vacuum is a convenient tool to gather the debris in your garden and reduce its quantity. They are helpful in the below manner.
- Blowing up a large number of leaves into a pile
- Gathering pine needles and cut grass
- Sucking up dry leaves
- Pick debris from flower beds
- Cleaning leaves in the gutter
- Mulching the debris into bits to be used as protection
- Clean up the large trucks and vehicles
- Saves time and manual labor
Having known how relevant and useful the lawn vacuums are, you might be convinced by now that this is something you must be having in your possession. So, I am helping you with the comprehensive buying guide below. Read along and choose to buy your suitable lawn vacuum.
Here Are The Best Lawn Vacuums:
The pursuit of best is what leads you here, and I bet this is the right place you are looking for. Short but informative guidance in a few words about each of the 15 products lets you have an idea of what to expect from the best lawn vacuum.
- Best Overall - Toro Ultra Electric Blower Lawn Vacuum
"Speed of 250mph, 350 cfm air volume, 88% reduction of debris, Speed control, 3-in-1 tool, Larger metal impeller."
- Best Budget - Toro 225 mph Super Lawn Vacuum
"3-in-1, 225 mph airspeed, 10:1 mulch ratio, 81% debris reduction, latch with quick release technology."
- Best Worx - WORX 3-In-1 Blower, Mulcher, and Lawn Vacuum
"14 gallons per minute sucking capacity, 210 mph airpower, 16:1 mulch ratio, tube designed to reach difficult places."
- Best Craftsman - CRAFTSMAN CMEBL7000 Blower Lawn Vacuum
"Powerful motor, backpack collection bag, cruise control speed variation, flexible hose, lightweight tool."
- Best Greenworks - Greenworks 2 Speed Electric Lawn Vacuum
"2-speed control, power performance, superior quality mulching action, conversion from blower to vacuum is simple."
- Best Electric - Portland 3-In-1 Electric Lawn Vacuum
"Switches from vacuum to blower easily, balanced and lightweight design, operates quietly, 2-speed settings."
- Best for Leaves - WORX Turbine Fusion Electric Lawn Vacuum
"12 Amps Power, 24:1 mulch ratio, micro mulch, 2 speed control, dual metal impeller."
- Best for Acorns - Husqvarna 125BVx 2-Cycle Gas Lawn Vacuum
"Cruise speed control, easy start, mulching 16:1 ratio, 170 mph airspeed, 425 cfm air volume."
- Best Cordless - Sun Joe 40-Volt Cordless Lawn Vacuum
"The 3-in-1 tool, 16 gallons collection bag, Easy conversion, powerful impeller, battery-powered."
- Best Blower - TECCPO TABV01G Lawn Vacuum
"Steel impeller, variable speeds, quick switch modes, comfortable handle, sidelong zipper."
- Best Battery - RYOBI 2-In-1 Cordless Lawn Vacuum
"Metal impeller with a mulching ratio of 16:1, 2-in-1 tool, battery operated."
- Best Commercial - BLACK+DECKER Power Boost Lawn Vacuum
"Backpack model collection bag, Double bag capacity, power boost facility, roll and clip bag for easy emptying."
- Best Walk Behind - Snapper 3-In-1 Mower and Lawn Vacuum
"Mower and vacuum cleaner for the lawn, 7 height adjustments, 21-inch mowing deck, easy start system, gas-powered."
- Best Billy Goat - Billy Goat KV600 Litter and Lawn Vacuum
"Picks up large debris also like cans and bottles, wide mouth vacuum, tube vacuum for smaller areas."
- Best Handheld - Poulan Pro PPBV25 Lawn Vacuum
"A soft-grip handle, 3-in-1, lower vibration, high airspeed, and air volume."
Best Lawn Vacuums Comparison Chart
Comparing the products in their terms of specifications give us a quick knowledge of how each of them differs. Also, you get to know the possible choices you might be interested in at a glance. So, presenting some of the critical best lawn vacuum related specifications.
|Best Lawn Vacuums||Debris Reduction % or Mulch Ratio||Air Power||Air Volume||Powered By||Speed Control|
|Toro Ultra Electric Blower Lawn Vacuum - Best Overall||88%||250 MPH||410 CFM||Corded Electric||Variable|
|Toro 225 mph Super Lawn Vacuum - Best Budget||81% or 10:1||225 MPH||390 CFM||Corded Electric||2 speeds|
|WORX 3-In-1 Blower, Mulcher, and Lawn Vacuum - Best Worx||16:01||210 MPH||350CFM||Corded Electric||Variable|
|CRAFTSMAN CMEBL7000 Blower Lawn Vacuum - Best Craftsman||Not specified||260 MPH||450 CFM||Corded Electric||Cruise control|
|Greenworks 2 Speed Electric Lawn Vacuum - Best GreenWorks||Not specified||230 MPH||375 CFM||Corded Electric||2 speeds|
|Portland 3-In-1 Electric Lawn Vacuum - Best Electric||12:01||230 MPH||375 CFM||Corded Electric||2 speeds|
|WORX Turbine Fusion Electric Lawn Vacuum - Best for Leaves||24:1||65 MPH||525 CFM||Corded Electric||2 speeds|
|Husqvarna 125BVx 2-Cycle Gas Lawn Vacuum - Best for Acorns||16:01||170 MPH||425 CFM||Gas powered||Cruise control|
|Sun Joe 40-Volt Cordless Lawn Vacuum - Best Cordless||17:01||200 MPH||350 CFM||Battery-powered||6 speeds|
|TECCPO TABV01G Lawn Vacuum - Best Blower||16:01||250 MPH||410 CFM||Corded Electric||2 speeds|
|RYOBI 2-In-1 Cordless Lawn Vacuum - Best Battery||16:01||Not specified||Not applicable||Battery-powered||Variable|
|BLACK+DECKER Power Boost Lawn Vacuum - Best Commercial||16:01||250 MPH||400 CFM||Corded Electric||2 speeds|
|Snapper 3-In-1 Mower and Lawn Vacuum - Best Walk Behind||Not specified||Not specified||Not applicable||Gas powered||Not specified|
|Billy Goat KV600 Litter and Lawn Vacuum - Best Billy Goat||Not specified||Not specified||Not applicable||Gas powered||Not specified|
|Poulan Pro PPBV25 Lawn Vacuum - Best Handheld||16:01||230 MPH||450 CFM||Gas powered||Cruise control|
Top 15 Best Lawn Vacuum Reviews 2020
Below listed 15 products are the best lawn vacuums that are considered as the right job doers by the people who own them. Finding your suitable lawn vacuum would not be hard with the following 15 informative reviews.
1 - Toro Ultra Electric Blower Lawn Vacuum
The powerful and aggressive 3-in-1 machine by Toro comes in red color and performs three useful garden cleaning actions of blowing, vacuuming, and leaf shredding. The device is capable of operating at variable speeds as a blower and vacuum.
The size of the metal impeller is large and has better mulching.Ultra-electric model comes with a vacuum tube, includes a hook for cord storage, a bag with bottom zipper for easy disposal of waste, concentrator nozzle.
Though a power insert is provided, it does not come with a cord extension. The high-power airspeed clears many possible garden debris, and the shredder mulches the leaves and other waste up to 88% into ½ inch pieces.
- Airspeed of 250 mph power
- Blower and vacuum convertible
- 350 CFM blow mode
- 410 CFM Vac mode
- Blower, vacuum and leaf shredder
|Dimensions||9.00 x 41.00 x 14.00 inches|
|Manufacturer||The Toro Company|
- Large metal impeller
- Storage bag for the device
- Speed is variable in vacuum and blower modes
- In-built cord storage hook
- High airspeed with the excellent coverage value
- Working on wet leaves causes issues
From unboxing to working of Toro Ultra Electric Blower Lawn Vacuum, watch here:
2 - Toro 225 mph Super Lawn Vacuum
All the three functions provided by the Toro lawn vacuum are equally efficient in this device. The speed of the vacuum is high, the blower is sturdy and the mulching of woofing 88% where leaves are shredded into ½ inch pieces.
The mulch ratio is 10:1, meaning ten bags of debris will go into one bag after shredding. The switching of modes from blower to vacuum is easy and does not require any tools for conversion.
A quick-release latch is pressed for detaching and attaching the pipes.
- 10:1 mulch ratio
- 225 mph airspeed
- 81% of waste can be shredded to be ½ inch
- 3-in-one mechanism equipment
- Quick-release latch
|Dimensions||9 x 9 x 14 inches|
|Manufacturer||The Toro Company|
- 3-in-1 equipment for lawn vacuuming
- Decent mulching ratio
- The small size of reduced debris for space-saving
- High speed of air for blowing
- Easy switching of modes
- The motor makes a loud noise while grinding
Take a peek at Toro 225 mph Super Lawn Vacuum here:
3 - WORX 3-In-1 Blower, Mulcher, and Lawn Vacuum
The multipurpose tools need complex processing before they switch roles, but the lawn vacuum cleaner by WORX is just simple. No assembling and disassembling and no stopping is required to change modes. Only flipping a switch will do the trick.
The 3-in-one tool has an airspeed of 210 mph and 14-gallon drawing capacity in a minute. A mulch ratio of 16:1 is claimed by WORX 3-in-1 meaning the 16 bags full of leaves would be shredded to fit into just one bag.
Airflow can be adjusted to suit various tasks where bringing it down to 80 mph is possible. A lightweight of around 9.5 lbs of the tool allows the one-hand operation to be possible.
- Angled tube for better cleaning
- Lightweight of 9.5lbs
- Airspeed of 210 mph
- 16:1 mulching ratio
- Quick-release button for collection bag
|Dimensions||20 x 15 x 9 inches|
|Manufacturer||Positec/Worx - Lawn &|
- Reduces waste from 16 bags to 1
- Easy to change the mode of the machine
- Three functions in one tool
- 210mph and 80 mph speed variations
- Vacuum capacity of 14 gallons/minute
- It is a little loud
Watch the leaves blown by WORX 3-in-1 Blower, Mulcher, and Lawn Vacuum:
4 - CRAFTSMAN CMEBL7000 Blower Lawn Vacuum
Lawn vacuum by Craftsman boats of 260 mph and a 450 CFM. The motor is powerful and works on 12 Amps, making it capable of clearing the debris.
Changing the mode from blower to vacuum does not require any tool. It can be done without a tool, and it required nothing but bare hands.
- 12 Amp motor
- 450 CFM capability
- 55L mulch collection bag capacity
- Blower convertible to vacuum
- Backpack model of the collection bag
|Dimensions||19 x 13.25 x 9.25 inches|
- Large capacity for collecting bag
- Wide opening bag for easy emptying
- Backpack model of collection bag for easy carrying
- Switching modes of the tool are easy
- Good speed and coverage capacity
- Switching off the tool is required while mode changing
Get a close look at CRAFTSMAN CMEBL7000 Blower Lawn Vacuum here:
5 - Greenworks 2 Speed Electric Lawn Vacuum
Electrically powered lawn vacuum by Greenworks offers 2-speed modes. These speed modes work both in blower mode and vacuum mode. The lawn vacuum has a maximum speed of 230 MPH and 375 CFM and also a 12 Amp powerful motor.
The tool picks up the leaves, sticks, and debris quickly and keeps your lawn clean. The conversion of modes does not need any tools. Extension cords of 14 gauge with a length of 50 feet or 12 gauge with a length of 100 feet are compatible with the equipment.
- 12 Amp motor power
- 230 mph airpower
- 375 cfm drawing power
- Dual speed option in each mode
- Overmold grip is cushioned
|Dimensions||32.72 x 8.66 x 11.38 inches|
- Highly influential mulching action
- Conversion from blower to vacuum is tool-less
- Extension cords of 50 feet or 100 feet can be added
- Twigs and other debris are also picked
- The vacuum bag is of good quality
- Mulching is so fine that sometimes dust escapes the vacuum bag
A short walkthrough of Greenworks 2 Speed Electric Lawn Vacuum:
6 - Portland 3-In-1 Electric Lawn Vacuum
The light weighing tool with the 3-in-1 capability of the blower, vacuum, and mulcher would be the ideal equipment for vacuuming your lawn. The promise of quiet operation is a real taker as the noise from the vacuum is usually the loudest, and you fear to disturb your neighbors.
The transition from one mode to another is just a switch away and can be done in a snap. Mulch ratio offered by the Portland lawn vacuum is 12:1, and the mulching happens soon after the leaves are vacuumed and just before they are bagged.
- Sound of operation 84-97 dB
- Mulch ratio of 12:1
- 150 to 230 mph air velocity
- 12 amps power
- The airflow of 375 cfm
|Impeller Material||Not specified|
- Flipping a switch is enough for switching
- High mulch ration for waste reduction
- Concentration nozzle accessory
- The lightweight, balanced design
- Less noise while working
- The extension cord is not long enough
Check out the detailed review of Portland 3-In-1 Electric Lawn Vacuum here:
7 - WORX Turbine Fusion Electric Lawn Vacuum
(Best for Leaves)
The three in one blower, vacuum and mulcher by Worx has a high blowing power of 525 CFM and blows the scattered leaves into a pile in no time. The dual metal impeller is capable of micro mulching and Turbine Fusion has a mulching ratio of 24:1.
A shoulder strap is provided for comfortable handling of the lawn vacuum. Conversion of vacuum to blower and vice versa does not require any tools. The collection bag is well designed with flat bottom and it is also easy to empty.
- Dual metal impeller
- 525 CFM air volume
- 65 MPH airspeed
- 24:1 mulch ratio
|Dimensions||40 x 10 x 13 inches|
- Switch modes just by attaching the bag
- Dual speed modes using a single button
- Waste is reduced to micro particles
- Shoulder strap for easy carrying
- It is very loud when compared to other lawn vacuums
Everything you need to know about WORX Turbine Fusion Electric Lawn Vacuum is here:
8 - Husqvarna 125BVx 2-Cycle Gas Lawn Vacuum
(Best for Acorns)
The 125BVx model is gaining fans due to its efficient performance with the high 425 CFM it is providing. The gas-operated lawn vacuum has a mulch ratio of 16:1 and starts easily and quickly with its advanced features related to start and stop switches.
Reduced vibration effect on the handle is gentle on your wrists, and the noise reduction is also a good point worth mentioning. Powerful performance and secure start mechanisms are enough reasons to consider Husqvarna lawn vacuum to be your next purchase.
- 425 CFM Air Volume
- 170 MPH Air Velocity
- The mulching ratio of 16:1
- Works with gas/oil
- Easy 2 pull start
|Dimensions||38.5 x 9 x 14 inches|
- Variable speed control for each mode
- Metal mulcher for durability
- High cleaning capacity of the vacuum
- Powerful blowing speed
- No attached cords to limit its movement
- Little heavier compared to electric models
For the complete review of Husqvarna 125BVx, 2-Cycle Gas Lawn Vacuum watch this:
9 - Sun Joe 40-Volt Cordless Lawn Vacuum
Sun Joe lawn vacuum runs on 4 Amp battery power and is cordless, making it easy to move around and not worry about the cord length.
The cleanup process is fast using this lawn blower as it has a high airspeed of 200 mph. Reducing the waste to 17:1 ratio is impressive, and the 16-gallon vacuum bag can hold a lot of mulched leaves.
- Hurricane airspeed of 200 mph
- 4 Amp battery powered
- 17:1 mulch reduction
- 16-gallon vacuum bag
- Quick and simple mode change
|Dimensions||44.5 x 30.7 x 8.86 inches|
- Large capacity of the vacuum bag
- High mulch ratio when compared to counterparts
- Blowing speed is powerful
- Easy start mechanism
- Cordless and easily manageable
- Battery drains fast on high power setting
Check out how Sun Joe 40-Volt Cordless Lawn Vacuum works:
10 - TECCPO TABV01G Lawn Vacuum
Lawn vacuum by Teccpo is a 3-in-1 lawn cleaning helper tool that blows, vacuums, and mulched the leaves. Steel mulching blades provide a mulching ratio of 16:1, and variable speeds in both modes are useful inefficient functioning.
The extension cord is not supplied with the equipment and is to be bought separately. The well-designed handle and the collection bag with innovative design, which provides large capacity and long zipper life and a cleaner bag, are added advantages.
- 16:1 mulch ratio
- 170/250mph min and max blow speeds
- 280/410 CFM min and max air volume
- Collection bag of 40L capacity
- 12 Amp power
|Dimensions||16.73 x 7.09 x 13.39 inches|
- Ergonomic handle design
- Large capacity of the collection bag
- The wide base of the collection bag
- Side zipper on the bag to avoid it ripping easily
- Double layer for keeping the bag clean
- The acorns are not well handled by this lawn vacuum
Complete specifications of TECCPO TABV01G Lawn Vacuum can be viewed here:
11 - RYOBI 2-In-1 Cordless Lawn Vacuum
The 2-in-1 lawn vacuum does not come with a battery or vacuum, and this is a good thing for one reason that it reduces the cost of the equipment. If you already own a battery and charger compatible with this, then it is a smart buy.
The vacuum and mulching operations performed by this tool keep your garden neat and lets you reduce the garden waste up to 16 times. A variable speed setting ability helps maintain battery life. Guiding wheels that maintain constant distance and provide guidance for ideal vacuuming level to maintain from ground.
- Lithium-Ion battery
- Metal impeller
- Speed control dial for varying speed
- Heavy-duty collection bag
- 16:1 mulch ratio
- Different speed settings are available
- Quality of collection bag is good
- The metal impeller is durable
- The mulching ratio is high enough
- Battery operated hence portable
- Guiding wheels from the ground level
- Plastic front wheels should have been made of rubber
View RYOBI 2-in1 Cordless Lawn Vacuumin action:
12 - BLACK+DECKER Power Boost Lawn Vacuum
Backpack lawn vacuum collection bag with double the standard bag capacity halves your trips to the trash bin. The bag you carry on your shoulders also keeps the vacuum tool lighter wherein other models the tool gets weighed down with the weight of the mulched leaves.
You can boost the power to increase the blowing or drawing capacity of the tool. Blower efficiently blows off the leaves and debris. Offers all the three essential operations required in garden cleaning.
- Double capacity backpack
- 250 mph airpower
- 400 cfm air volume
- Power boost using a button
|Dimensions||16 x 11.6 x 21.3 inches|
|Manufacturer||Black & Decker Outdoor|
- The zipperless collection bag is hassle-free
- The mulching ratio of 16:1 is appreciable
- Three actions in one tool
- Easy to carry around
- More leaves can be collected
- The impeller is made of plastic
Watch the assembly and demo of BLACK+DECKER Power Boost Lawn Vacuum:
13 - Snapper 3-In-1 Mower and Lawn Vacuum
(Best Walk Behind)
The push lawn mower with a 21-inch deck is powered by gas and has an engine power of 190cc. The mower is adjustable to 7 different heights for mowing so that all heights of grass can be conveniently mowed.
The 3-in-1 lawn vacuum also has a powerful sucking vacuum action, which leaves your lawn clean and neat, looking after you are done. Cordless and hence easy to handle and push it.
- Adjustable height for cutting up to 7 positions
- 3-in-1 mower, vacuum, and mulcher
- 190cc engine power
|Impeller Material||Not specified|
|Dimensions||38 x 23 x 19 inches|
|Manufacturer||Briggs and Stratton Power Products|
- The engine starts on the first pull
- Mower cuts tall and short grass
- Good sucking power of the vacuum
- Everything stays on the deck so no weight on hands
- Self-propelled mechanism and non-laborious
- Grass deflector is not included
Unboxing and starting of Snapper 3-in-1 Mower And Lawn Vacuum:
14 - Billy Goat KV600 Litter and Lawn Vacuum
(Best Billy Goat)
The Billy Goat lawn vacuum has a hard-bottomed bag made of mesh and a dust cover to keep dust at bay. Impeller blades are large and have five blades with well-serrated ends maximizing the performance of suction and mulching.
The large collection bag has a closure similar to marine clasps, which helps in quick disposal of debris rather than a zipper. The self-propelled vacuum is gas-powered and has a height adjustability function.
- 190 cc Briggs
- Impeller blade with five blades
- 40-gallon collecting bag capacity
|Dimensions||62 x 26.75 x 42 inches|
- The hard bottom mesh collection bag
- Dust skirt for keeping away the dust
- Clamp closure for easy debris dumping
- Variable height adjustment
- Large bag capacity for debris
- Height adjustment is tricky and does not have pre-set values
Can Billy Goat KV600 Litter and Lawn Vacuum pick all these debris?
15 - Poulan Pro PPBV25 Lawn Vacuum
The low vibration from the tool gives the lawn vacuum more points as it does not work you up like other vacuums with high vibrations. The soft grip on the handle is gentle on your hands and makes your experience a comfortable one while using it.
Mulch ratio of 16:1 is the currently available best in the market and it has considerable power for good cleaning action.
- 450 cfm airflow
- 230 mph airspeed
- 16:1 mulching ratio
- 25 cc engine power
- 2 cycle gas powered
|Dimensions||19 x 16 x 12.75 inches|
- Handle with soft grip
- Vibration reduction technology
- Cordless and can be used anywhere
- Powerful airspeed and air volume
- Shifting blower to vacuum is little hard
More details can be viewed on Poulan Pro PPBV25 Lawn Vacuum here:
Ultimate Buying Guide for Lawn Vacuums
Some factors listed below are to be taken into consideration before buying a lawn vacuum
Impeller Material and Size
The impeller can be made of metal or plastic. It can be of various sizes. It is the main component after power that decides the ability of the vacuum to mulch the sucked in debris. If it is durable and broad with good design, then it is durable.
Checking out the air power and air volume metrics allows us to know how powerful the lawn vacuum. More compelling it is, the more debris it can pick.
Its performance would be better, and the time to do the job also improves. However, high fuel or electricity consumption is also to be noted while choosing power.
Corded or Cordless
Corded or cordless is an endless debate as they have equal votes for their pros and cons. But the one single thing that speaks out to cordless is the unavailability of power areas.
If your yard is enormous and the cord is not reachable to its corners, then cordless is good to have. Well, there are other factors but equal consequences too. So decide intelligently and usefully.
The ability to control how much power you execute helps you pick us debris from various places, and where there is less pickup material, you don’t need much power. Gravel laid paths, and flower beds are the best examples where you need power control.
As the vacuum device comes in a multi-purpose tool form transiting from one mode to another should be easy. Otherwise, you will regret and be stuck more with fixing the parts and doing your jobless.
Durability Of Vacuum Bag
A vacuum bag is something that is very much used up and does not cover in warranty. So having a good quality vacuum bag is essential.
Leaf Dumping Method
There are various ways of opening the bad, and few have zippers at bottom or side, or a double zipper and some roll-up, and others have clamped. So mainly, you can classify them as zippers and no zippers.
Non-zipper closure is preferred over zippers as the zippers get ripped and need to be replaced. Also, dumping is more comfortable to roll up or clamp bags.
My Top Pick
Owning the best lawn vacuum makes a lot of difference in adding more free time to your life. You can have a helping hand from your other family members as it is easy to handle even by fragile hands. I got to experience this after I owned Toro Ultra Electric Blower Lawn Vacuum which is the foremost. I like the cleaning experience as well as the result it gives after I am done cleaning.
Find your great experience soon by choosing one from the above best products and tell me how it went in the comments.