In the day of age where we are surrounded by technology, who does not love the idea of a robot cleaning their house? With almost everything being automated, you can now see robot mops taking the place of regular mops and buckets.
While they are still at the development stage, robot mops have really taken the households by storm. Homeowners are all enthralled just by the idea of a robot cleaning and mopping their homes.
Therefore, they are looking for the best robot mop they could buy.
Well, I know it sounds amazing but the fact that there are a plethora of robot mop models to choose from might give you cerebral pain. I myself went through it when I was looking for a robot mop for my apartment.
Lucky for you, I will not let you go through all the hassle of researching and testing because I have done the research and would want to share it with you.
That is why I have created this post to help you find the best robot mop available in the market.
So keep reading on.
- Top 14 Best Robot Mops Comparison Table 2020
- What is The Best Robot Mop?
- Best Robot Mops Reviews 2020
- iRobot Braava Jet M6
- Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum
- Roborock S5
- Proscenic M7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- iRobot Roomba s9+ Robot Vacuum
- BISSELL EV675 Robot Mop Vacuum Cleaner
- Shark IQ R101AE Robot Mop with Self-Empty Base
- Roborock E35
- Coredy Robot R500+ Vacuum Cleaner
- iLife V8s Robot Vacuum Cleaner and Mop Combo
- iLife Shinebot W400 Robot Mop
- iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop
- iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop
- iRobot Braava Jet 240 Robot Mop
- Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Robot Mop
- Frequently Asked Questions
- My Top Pick
Top 14 Best Robot Mops Comparison Table 2020
In this post, I have listed 14 of the best robot mops available for homeowners. However, in this comparison table, I have listed and compared the most desired models of 2020. Let’s take a look at it.
|iRobot Braava Jet M6 - Best overall||Patented iAdapt 3.0 Navigation||App control with iRobot HOME||Yes|
|Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum - Best for Hardwood Floor Types||Smart LDS Navigation with 14 types of sensor||Roborock App||Yes|
|Roborock S5 - Best for Carpet||TechGearLab Advanced mapping||Mi Home app||Yes|
|Proscenic M7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Mopping||Laser Distance Sensor Navigation||ProscenicHome app||Yes|
|iRobot Roomba s9+ Robot Vacuum - Best for Pet Hair||Advanced vSLAM navigation technology||iRobot HOME app||Yes|
|BISSELL EV675 Robot Mop Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Homes with Kids and Pet Owners||Random navigation system||No app||Yes|
|Shark IQ R101AE Robot Mop with Self-Empty Base - Best for Cleaning Pet Shedding||IQ NAV||Shark (R) Clean App||Yes|
|Roborock E35 - Best Quiet||Dual-gyro system with motion tracking sensors||Mi Home APP||Yes|
|Coredy Robot R500+ Vacuum Cleaner - Best for all Indoor Floor Types||Remote control cleaning||No app||Yes|
|iLife V8s Robot Vacuum Cleaner and Mop Combo - Best Mop/Vacuum Hybrid||Remote-controlled||No app||Yes|
|iLife Shinebot W400 Robot Mop - Best for Scrubbing||Random navigation system||No app||No|
|iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop - Best Budget||Remote control operation||No app||No|
|iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop - Best for Maintenance Cleaning||iAdapt 2.0 Navigation||iRobot HOME app||No|
|iRobot Braava Jet 240 Robot Mop - Best for Smaller and Compact Areas||iAdapt 2.0 Navigation system||iRobot HOME app||No|
What is The Best Robot Mop?
- Best Overall - iRobot Braava Jet M6
Advanced mapping, compatible for all floor-types, voice control option, multi-functional, can also be used in commercial spaces as well.
- Best for Hardwood Floor Types - Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum
High-end navigation sensors, incredible battery life, good for high-traffic areas, clean hardwood floors exceptionally.
- Best for Carpet - Roborock S5
Neat carpet lines and navigation, allows for scheduling, different cleaning modes for hassle-free cleaning.
- Best for Mopping - Proscenic M7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Large top-loading water tank with capillary-style water dispersion, dual-brush lifting power, exceptional suction and mopping modes.
- Best for Pet Hair - iRobot Roomba s9+ Robot Vacuum
Superior 3-stage cleaning system removes pet hair even from deep inside the carpet, equipped with anti-allergen system.
- Best for Homes with Kids and Pet Owners - BISSELL EV675 Robot Mop Vacuum Cleaner
Triple-action cleaning system for hassle-free removal of pet hair from hardwoods and carpets, smart cleaning with automatic sensors.
- Best for Cleaning Pet Shedding - Shark IQ R101AE Robot Mop
Powerful suction capability allows for cleaning pet shedding everywhere, can hold up to 30-day worth debris and dirt.
- Best Quiet - Roborock E35
Powerful battery for longer use, incredibly quiet, uses a dual-gyro system for easy navigation.
- Best for all Indoor Floor Types - Coredy Robot R500+ Vacuum Cleaner
Five unique cleaning modes allow for all types of floor cleaning, anti-drop and anti-collision sensors with auto-charging capability.
- Best Mop/Vacuum Hybrid - iLife V8s Robot Vacuum Cleaner and Mop Combo
Efficiently vacuums and mops floors, can even slip under furniture and kitchen cabinets, comes with six different cleaning modes.
- Best for Scrubbing - iLife Shinebot W400 Robot Mop
Comes with multi-task programmable scheduling system, exceptional at scrubbing, has two large reservoirs for clean and dirty water.
- Best Budget - iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop
Suitable for beginners, affordable, fully-featured robot mop with light design and smart sensors.
- Best for Maintenance Cleaning - iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop
Practical, good with maintenance cleaning, multi-functional, solid construction, it is whisper quiet.
- Best for Smaller and Compact Areas - iRobot Braava Jet 240 Robot Mop
Affordable robot mop for compact areas, lightweight, portable, three different cleaning modes, easy to use and easy operate.
Best Robot Mops Reviews 2020
In this section, we will discuss each of the products I have shortlisted in detail. It is completely a personal review, everything negative or positive I have mentioned were my views.
Let’s jump right into it.
iRobot Braava Jet M6
(Best robot mop)
My favourite robot mop, the iRobot Braava Jet M6 is a bigger unit than its previous versions. It is the best robot mop for keeping the floors squeaky clean on a daily basis. It cannot only clean larger areas but comes with smart technology that allows it to adapt to messy rooms. This makes it suitable for homes that are always chaotic.
Well, it is an expensive piece of technology, but it is worth having in homes as it sure beats manual labour.
I started using this model recently for dry sweeping and wet mopping my kitchen and living room and I was surprised by the way it worked. It is equipped with quality sensors and cameras that I never have to rescue the bot from any awkward spots.
- Advanced mapping
- Precision jet spray
- Automatically re-docks
- Voice control with Google Assistant or Alexa
- App control with iRobot HOME
- Keep-out zones
- Precision jet spray ensures water doesn’t mess up your house
- Easy to replace pads
- Theatrical cleaning action
- Only comes with two disposable pads – you have to buy more
- Sometimes leave tire marks on the floor
Here’s the complete review of this product, check out now:
Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum
(Best for hardwood floor types)
Roborock S6 comes with excellent mopping abilities that are better than most of the high-end models available. Simply put, I think it is an affordable alternative for pricier models that comes with smart tech and updated mopping.
There are 14 sensors installed in this robot mop that gives it excellent obstacle avoidance capability and helps it move with precision around the room.
Therefore, you do not have to worry about it being stuck in awkward places. The best part, it comes with a 3-hour per cycle battery run time, which is enough to clean up a single floor.
- Works as a robot map
- 14 navigation sensors
- Incredibly quiet at 56 decibels
- 3-hour battery life
- Google Assistant and Alexa voice control options integrated
- Improved sweeping and mopping features
- The roller bristles are 250% denser and softer that gives the floor a thorough cleaning without harming it
- Offers improved mapping within individual zones and rooms
- It comes with a charging dock, 2 reusable and 5 disposable mop cloths
- The mobile app isn’t intuitive
- It could potentially leave dents in furniture and walls as there are no soft bumper strips on the perimeter
See the comparison between Roborock S6 and Braava Jet M6:
(Best for carpet)
One of the main reasons why I included this model in my list is because of its features. For starters, Roborock S5 can save up to 3-floor plans. Therefore, you do not have to worry about pre-setting it every time you have to use it on a different floor.
Moreover, there are four vacuum cleaning modes incorporated into the robot that allows you to clean the room depending on the mess.
It comes with a super versatile mobile application that allows you to control the robot mop with ease.
- Comes with 4 cleaning modes – quiet, balanced, turbo, and max
- Impressive navigation and neat carpet lines
- Zoned cleaning
- Remote controlled
- The app is so versatile that it gives you stats on how dirty your room is
- It allows for automatic adjusting of vacuum power to maximize battery life
- Comes with a carpet mode
- The moping feature is not that brag-worthy
- Since the app is so versatile, some users may find it a bit overwhelming
Click here to find out the complete set up guide for this robot mop!
Proscenic M7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
(Best with a water tank)
If you are looking for a robot vacuum cleaner with powerful mopping capability then you can always go with Proscenic M7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner. It comes with a large top-loading water reservoir that evenly sprays water in the direction of travel.
This is the best robot mop with a water tank that incorporates high-Pascal suction and deep-lifting brush roll.
Proscenic M7 comes with a Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone app that allows you to customize features like cleaning zones, suction and mopping modes, among others, with your smartphone. The best part, it boasts a laser distance sensor that memorizes and creates a map of your home.
- Dual-brush lifting power
- High-efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration
- Laser distance with SLAM navigation
- Capillary-style water dispersion
- Hands-free voice control with Alexa
- Comes with a single side brush that sweeps debris and dirt from wall edges
- The three-speed suction system produces immense vacuum power for efficient cleaning
- The water reservoir comes with 17-ounce capacity and three water dispersion levels
- No automatic dirt disposal
- High charging time
Here is what you need to know about Proscenic M7’s Laser Navigation App:
iRobot Roomba s9+ Robot Vacuum
(Best robot mop for pets)
Now, if you have pets, you know how difficult when it get rid of all those fur stuck into the carpet and rugs, and other areas of the room. It can be messy and you know that. That is why the iRobot Roomba s9+ designed specifically to deal with this issue.
It is the best robot mop for pets that shed. One of the best things about this model is that it automatically empties the trash bag after each cleaning session.
It features advanced navigation technology powerful suction that makes cleaning a whole lot easier.
- Equipped with an anti-allergen system
- A superior 3-stage cleaning system
- Uses advanced vSLAM navigation technology
- Deep cleaning with specifically designed Corner Brush
- Imprint smart mapping
- Imprint link technology allows it to connect with other robot mop and automatically clean in sequence
- Delivers 40 times the suction power for deep cleaning on rugs and carpets
- Imprint smart mapping technology provides more thorough and deep cleaning
- Can hold up to 30 sessions worth of dirt, debris, and dust
- Quite costly
- Not the lowest profile design
- Doesn’t have no-go zones
How iRobot S9 compares with i7? Click the link to find out!
BISSELL EV675 Robot Mop Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for homes with kids and pet owners)
BISSELL EV675 is another pet-friendly robot mop that expertly extracts animal dander, dust, dirt, and other debris from hard-to-reach areas.
Thanks to its triple action cleaning system that includes a rotating brush roll, the robot mop adapts to various surfaces without any hassle.
The powerful cleaning system incorporates dual cleaning brushes with powerful suction that easily picks up dirt and debris that tends to hide deep in the rugs, carpets, and other surfaces.
It boasts a low-profile design that allows it to clean underneath furniture as well. There are drop sensors installed that keeps the robot mop from tumbling down the stairs as it mops.
- A triple-action cleaning system
- Scheduled cleaning
- Smart cleaning with automatic sensors
- Quiet operation
- Automatically returns to the charging hub when it runs low on battery
- Boasts a low profile design that allows for deep cleaning even under the furniture
- You can customize and schedule cleaning sessions
- Similarly priced models offer more features
- It is not Wi-Fi enabled
Get to know your BISSELL EV675:
(Best for cleaning pet shedding)
This is another best robot mop for pet owners who are fed up with cleaning animal dander from the carpets and other surfaces. The Shark IQ R101AE features an automatic emptying base that can hold up to 30 days worth of pet hair, dirt, debris, and dust.
It comes with a mobile app that allows you to control the robot mop with a touch of a button. The best part, the vacuum is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa, so you can give voice commands for cleaning.
- Powerful suction capability
- The 30-days capacity of holding dirt and debris
- Self-cleaning brush roll cleans animal dander and long hair
- Scheduled cleaning mechanism
- Complete home mapping for hassle-free cleaning
- Edge and dual corner brushes get into the edges and corners
- Select rooms that you want to clean and rooms that you want to avoid cleaning on each floor
- Comes with a self-emptying dustbin
- Only works with 2.4GHz networks
- Relatively loud
How Shark IQ R101AE works? Click here to know!
If you are looking for a mid-range robot mop to do the job, you can always vouch for Roborock E35. It boasts a decent combination of features, quality components, affordability, and digital tools that make the operations hassle-free.
The reason I was intrigued by this model because of its incredibly quiet operation.
It comes with a plethora of industry-leading features and thanks to the massive 5200 mAh battery, it can operate for 150 minutes straight.
Roborock E35 has a mobile that allows you to control the robot from your smartphone from anywhere given that the robot mop is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Large 5200 mAh battery
- Intelligent and efficient – uses a dual-gyro system
- 2000 Pascal of intense suction
- App control features allow for remote access
- Quiet operating
- Exceptional navigational capabilities
- Easily integrates with voice assistants like Google Assistant and Alexa
- You might still see visible spills on the ground
- The navigation won’t handle complex floor plans
The ultimate guide to using Roborock E35 – check out this YouTube video:
Coredy Robot R500+ Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for all indoor floor types)
If you are looking for an affordable option for a robot vacuum cleaner, then you will definitely like the Coredy Robot R500+. It is a quiet and thin vacuum cleaner that fully automated and comes with a strong 1400 Pascal suction.
This robot mop offers enhanced performance on both carpet surfaces and hard floors.
Despite being a low-end model, R500+ robot vacuum features improved smart protection with a plethora of anti-drop and anti-collision sensors.
It comes equipped with auto-charging capability, high-capacity battery, and five unique cleaning modes.
- Is powered by a powerful 2600 mAh battery
- Multiple cleaning modes – edge, max, spot, wet-dry, and auto
- Quiet performance at just 50 decibels
- Remote controlled
- Works best on all indoor floor types
- You can use the vacuum in multiple ways as per your convenient
- Long run time
- Doesn’t come with voice control options or app functionality
- Struggles on carpeted surfaces
Unboxing Coredy Robot R500+ - what you can expect?
iLife V8s Robot Vacuum Cleaner and Mop Combo
(Best mop/vacuum hybrid)
iLife V8s is the best robot mop/vacuum hybrid available in the market that’s also budget-friendly. It boasts a robust design that can even slip under your furniture.
What I liked about it the most is that this model comes equipped with a bumper that prevents the robot mop from damaging itself and things like furniture or walls if it slams into them.
The vacuum’s cleaning performance is commendable and can tackle even the worst of the dirt in your apartment or home.
- Damp mopping, sweeping and vacuuming all in one
- Powerful BLDC motor for high suction
- Large dustbin
- Comes with six cleaning modes
- 3-speed water-dropping mechanism
- Comes with lots of different modes
- Offers powerful cleaning
- Comes at an affordable price
- Not great for tough stains
- Lacks voice control and app
Click here to view the video review of this product.
iLife Shinebot W400 Robot Mop
(Best for scrubbing)
Specifically designed for mopping floors, the iLife Shinebot W400 Robot Mop is great for household chores like mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming. I would recommend this model for high-traffic areas as it is good at mopping away heavy stains and dirt.
Similar your traditional robot mops, it boasts a round design but is actually a bit taller. This is because it houses two large reservoirs for clean and dirty water. Therefore, the manufacturer has installed a handy carry handle at the top for easy picking and transport.
- Comes with six different cleaning modes
- A multi-task programmable scheduling system
- Great scrubbing action
- Two large water tanks – 0.91-liter tank for holding dirty water and 0.85-liter tank for holding clean water
- Incredibly great cleaning performance
- Reusable microfiber brush roll
- The robot mop sucks up dirty water on the floor and stores into the tank
- Due to its height, it cannot go under furniture or kitchen cabinets for cleaning
- Poor obstacle avoidance capability
Here’s a video of tough grime mopping test with iLife Shinebot W400 and one other robot mop:
iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop
If you are under a budget but want a quality robot mop that will cater to your regular cleaning needs, then you give a try at iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop.
Not just low price, good looks, and solid performance are other aspects that make this robot vacuum cleaner the most desirable for customers.
What is surprising about this robot mop is that it gets the job done even with minimal supervision and setup. One of the great things about this model from iLife is the design. It features an aesthetically pleasing design that goes well with almost every interior décor of the home.
- All-in-one – sweeping, vacuuming, and damp mopping
- Powerful motor with max mode for high cleaning performance
- Light design with smart sensors
- Automatically docs to the charging station
- Compatible to all hard floor types
- Advanced i-dropping technology for more efficient mopping
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Surprisingly quiet
- Steadily approaches and avoids obstacles
- You might not like its lackluster mopping
- Battery drains quickly
Here is link to the complete product review:
iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop
(Best for maintenance cleaning)
iRobot Braava 380t is the best robot mop for maintenance cleaning. For regular mopping and sweeping, iRobot Braava 380t is a sturdy robot mop that is designed to look after your cleaning needs while you sit back and relax.
It contains a unique square design, which is something unusual when we talk about the robot mops since they are all circular.
It performs two different types of cleaning – damp and dry. In the dry mode, the robot sweeps the floor for any dust and dirt. And in the damp mode, it uses the Northstar navigation to clean the surface.
- Northstar navigation technology makes the robot mop pass back and forth the same area until it is properly clean
- Turbo charge cradle for quick charging
- Two cleaning modes
- It doesn’t have a vacuum motor so it is whisper quiet
- The microfiber mops are reusable
- The bot utilizes an efficient cleaning pattern
- Great for mopping hard floors like marble and tile
- No scheduling
- You have to carry it back to the charging station once it completes mopping
How to use iRobot Braava 380t – click here to find out!
iRobot Braava Jet 240 Robot Mop
(For smaller and compact areas)
When I first saw iRobot Braava Jet 240, it felt weird because it was so little. It is just over three inches tall. Then I realized why the brand markets it as the best robot mop for smaller and compact areas.
Unlike your traditional robot mops and the Roombas, this robot mop does not come with a dock - a price to pay for a small size. Instead, it has a removable battery that you can take off and charge through an outlet charger.
It easily fits around the corners of the room and automatically behaves based on the type of cleaning pad. It works as both vacuum and mop. So if you have a small compact space, I would recommend this model to you.
- Comes with three cleaning modes – dry sweeping, damp mopping, and wet mopping
- Easy-to-pick handle
- Cliff sensors detect the type of cleaning pad attached
- Reasonably priced
- Compact and sturdy design
- The multi-mode robotic mop can work wonders on nooks and corners
- Maps and obstacles are deleted after each cleaning
- Poor navigation
Is it worth buying? Click this link to know more!
Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Robot Mop
Let’s be honest here. Robot mops cannot replace your handheld mop and bucket. They are not suitable for heavy-duty cleaning. So, if you are buying one, keep in mind that they are only best for maintenance cleaning that goes between your manual cleaning sessions.
They are great at taking care of the daily dust and dirt buildup, including pet hair, dander, and food splatters. Here are the things you need to keep in mind when buying the best robot mop.
The robot mop you choose should clean numerous surfaces including hard floors and carpet surfaces. When you use it on your marble or hardwood flooring, the microfiber cloth attached to the mop must pick a lot of grime and dirt.
After a cleaning session, if the microfiber cloth isn’t dirty, it means your floor is either squeaky clean or the robot mop isn’t that comprehensive.
So, research everything about its features and operations before you buy a robot mop. High-end models can a bit too pricey but they promise to deliver high-end performance.
In the present scenario, the majority of the robot mop manufacturers are designing their robot mops with smartphone integration compatibility.
These mops have their own mobile apps that you can install from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Having an app means, the device is intuitive to use.
With a mobile application and Wi-Fi network, you can operate the robot mop from anywhere.
So, if you are at the office and the guests are coming, you can simply command the robot mop to begin cleaning from your smartphone and by the time you reach home, you will see spotless floors. These apps control the majority of the robot app features.
Now, if you were not that into tech and stuff, you would want a robot mop that’s easy to understand and operate without Wi-Fi or smartphone apps. In that case, choose a robot mop that is easy to program, setup, charge, and fill water tanks.
While such robot mops come with less functionality and you may have to babysit them, they are great at functioning. So, choose a robot mop that suits your preference and needs.
Sensors are the main reasons why these robot mops are successful amongst households and homeowners. It is because of the sensor why these robot mops are able to move around from room to room, cleaning, and mopping while saving the room plans and paths for future reference.
Moreover, these sensors are the reason why the robot mops easily avoid obstacles and prevent itself from falling off the stairs.
The robot mop you choose must have a battery life of at least 90 minutes. Most importantly, look for robot mops that can automatically return to their charging station when running low on battery. Else, you will have to babysit your robot mop all the time when it is cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the most frequently asked questions on robot mops:
My Top Pick
My top pick is the iRobot Braava Jet M6. It is a pricey powerful robot mop that is quiet, small, and offers solid navigation capabilities. This is the best robot mop for all homes and commercial spaces like offices and stores.
The best part, you can command the device with your voice using Google Assistant or Alexa. It can clean larger areas as well as smaller compact ones. It can surely make manual labor less complicated.
That’s it! This is my ultimate guide to the best robot mop. I hope you find it informative. The robot mops I have mentioned in this post are all tested by me.
Therefore, you can say I have expressed my personal views on each of the products. You can do your own research and find the best robot mop you feel is worthy.
However, it is easy for you to pick from the aforementioned products. They are the best and will work wonders for you.
If you have any queries regarding the topic or the products, drop a comment.