Owning the best robot vacuum under $500 needs careful consideration about the cleaning device as it is a decent amount you are investing. Robot vacuums give you the comfort of gaining some free time by performing the cleaning tasks unsupervised.
Though many robot vacuums on the market claim to offer this convenience, only a few of them live on their word, and this is where you need to be shrewd. Do not go by the advertised features blindly and fall into the marketing trap. Check out the tried and tested robot vacuums that give you ultimate suction power to clean your home effectively.
Benefits Of Having A Robot Vacuum
Robot vacuums seem like the mini devices representing modern technology we are blessed with in this digital era. They serve numerous uses.
- Extremely convenient to use as they run themselves most of the time
- Efficient cleaning using advanced navigation and mapping techniques
- Saves your precious time which you can spend on more critical tasks
- Cleans multiple surfaces automatically
- Single click custom cleaning options offer a quick spot cleaning facility
- Boundary marking keeps them within the desired vicinity
- They are compact when compared to regular vacuums
Which Are The Best Robot Vacuums Under $500?
These are the 15 best robot vacuums under $500, but the devices by Shark and TOCMOC ace the list with top performance. The robot vacuum by Samsung gives you the best performance as well as fits your budget.
Check out the list of 15 robot vacuums under $500, given below.
- Best Overall – Shark IQ Self-Empty Robot Vacuum
“Cleans row by row, effective filtration, powerful suction, self-emptying base, side brushes, boundary strips, bushes do not tangle with hair.”
- Best Budget – Samsung R7065 Robot Vacuum
“Multiple sensors, multi-room cleaning, magnetic boundary, ideal cleaning path, clean clogs, high suction power, washable filter, clean corners, and edges effectively.”
- Best With Google Assistant – TOCMOC Robot Vacuum
“No-go Zone protection, selective cleaning, schedule ahead, automatic resume, returns to dock, cliff sensor, smart control, Roller brush, HEPA filter.”
- Best for Pet Hair – iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
“Dual-action with powerful pickup, Alexa voice control, lithium-ion battery, precise navigation, multi-surface dual rubber brushes, floor tracking sensors.”
- Best Wet and Dry – BISSELL SpinWave Wet and Dry Robot Vacuum
“App control, stylish design, long runtime, high suction power, large battery capacity, mopping function, soft surface sensor, gyroscope.”
- Best With Boundary Strips – GOOVI 2.8” Ultra-Thin Robot Vacuum
“Boundary strips, smart cleaning, IR sensors, low profile design, quiet operation, side brushes, remote-controlled, cleaning tool.”
- Best Self-Empty – Neabot Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum
“Laser navigation, deep cleaning, smart mapping, high suction power, self-emptying dustbin, remote controlling, and variable suction power.”
- Best for Zone Cleaning – iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum
“Wi-Fi connected, 5 x suction power, multi-surface brushes, height adapting cleaning head, edge sweeping brush, iRobot home app.”
- Best With Laser Mapping – Proscenic M7 Pro LDS Robot Vacuum
“Multi mapping, Laser navigation, powerful suction, picks pet hair, Alexa control, 24 sensors, selective cleaning, and real-time mapping.”
- Best for Multiple Floors – 360 S5 LiDAR Robot Vacuum
“Selective cleaning, multi-floor mapping, self-charge, no-go zones, scheduling ahead, LiDAR mapping, automatic carpet detection, and boost technology.”
- Best Quiet – OPOVE Clearobo 3 Robot Vacuum
“Restricted wall setting, 4 suction powers, lithium-ion battery, low profile design, smart navigation, works quietly, zig-zag pattern.”
- Best Vacuum and Mop – Coredy G800 Robot Vacuum
“Picks pet hair works with Alexa, sweeps and mops, ideal for hardwood floor, cleans carpets, intelligent mapping technology, and smart navigation.”
- Best for Smart Navigation – Neato Botvac D3 Robot Vacuum
“Laser-guided works with Alexa, clean in straight lines, 60 minutes runtime, D-shaped design, auto recharges scheduled cleaning.”
- Best With HEPA – Yeedi K700 Robot Vacuum
“Self-charging, strong suction, camera mapping technology, zig zag cleaning path, mopping, HEPA filter, 110 minutes runtime.”
- Best Suction Power – Trifo Max Pet 4000Pa Robot Vacuum
“App control, Alexa, 33% higher suction, time saver, suitable for any home surface, extracts pet hair, HEPA filter, large dustbin, excellent navigation system.”
Best Robot Vacuums Under $500 Comparison Chart 2021
The best robot vacuum under $500 is easy to decide when you can check each vacuum’s specifications at a glance. Check the below chart to pick the vacuum that fits your needs.
|Best Robot Vacuums Under $500||Capacity||Suction Power||Runtime||Works With|
|Shark IQ Self-Empty Robot Vacuum - Best Overall||660 ml||3 x suction power||90 minutes||App control, Alexa|
|Samsung R7065 Robot Vacuum - Best Budget||0.3 L||5160Pa||90 minutes||Alexa, Google assistant, App control|
|TOCMOC Robot Vacuum - Best With Google Assistant||0.5L||3000 Pa||200 minutes||T-home vacuum App, Google Assistant, Alexa|
|iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum - Best for Pet Hair||600 ml||5X the air power||75 minutes||Alexa, iRobot HOME App|
|BISSELL SpinWave Wet and Dry Robot Vacuum - Best Wet and Dry||400 ml||1500 Pa||100 minutes||Bissell connect App|
|GOOVI 2.8” Ultra-Thin Robot Vacuum - Best With Boundary Strips||0.5L||2100 Pa||120 minutes||Remote control|
|Neabot Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum - Best Self-Empty||400 ml||2700 Pa||120 minutes||Google Assistant, Alexa, App control, remote control|
|iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum - Best for Zone Cleaning||0.62 L||5 X airpower||90 minutes||App control, Alexa|
|Proscenic M7 Pro LDS Robot Vacuum - Best With Laser Mapping||600ml||2700Pa||150 minutes||Remote control, ProscenicHome app control, Alexa|
|360 S5 LiDAR Robot Vacuum - Best for Multiple Floors||580 ml||2200Pa||90 minutes||App control, voice control|
|OPOVE Clearobo 3 Robot Vacuum - Best Quiet||240 ml||2200Pa||180 min||App control, voice control|
|Coredy G800 Robot Vacuum - Best Vacuum and Mop||300 ml||2000 pa||110 minutes||App control, voice control|
|Neato Botvac D3 Robot Vacuum - Best for Smart Navigation||0.7 L||1000pa||60 minutes||Smartwatches, Smart Phones, Alexa|
|Yeedi K700 Robot Vacuum - Best With HEPA||600 ml||2000Pa||110 minutes||Remote control|
|Trifo Max Pet 4000Pa Robot Vacuum - Best Suction Power||600 ml||4000Pa||120 minutes||Trifo Home App control, Alexa|
Top 15 Best Robot Vacuum Under $500 Reviews 2021
When purchasing the best robot vacuum under $500, you need to check through what they have to offer and how those features are useful to you. Each of the below reviews offers a complete insight into the robot vacuum’s features and uses systematically for easy understanding.
1. Shark IQ Self-Empty Robot Vacuum
It maps the complete home and gives you an option to choose a room selectively for cleaning if required. The self-emptying base helps store debris for a few days, which you can empty at your convenience. This also eliminates the need to empty the vacuum’s dustbin frequently.
As the brushes are self-cleaning, you need not worry about tangled hair, which leads to reduced suction power. All these features together make it a worry-free vacuum that needs your attention only once in a while. Operating it with application or voice commands adds more comfort.
- Self-emptying base
- Total home mapping
- Self-cleaning brush roll
- Multi-stage filtration
- High-efficiency filter
- Resumes in the same place it left cleaning after it recharges
- It comes with BotBoundary strips that keep the vacuum from no-go zones
- Multi-stage filtering gives 99% protection from dust, allergens, and dander
- Methodical cleaning ensures complete coverage of each area
- The brush roll comes with self-cleaning technology that keeps suction intact
- Makes a loud sound when working on hardwood floors
|Mapping||IQ Navigation™, Sonic mapping|
Review and testing of Shark IQ Self-Empty Robot Vacuum is here:
2. Samsung R7065 Robot Vacuum
Samsung robot vacuum features advanced sensor technology that helps it mauver efficiently by steering clear of the obstacles yet cover maximum cleaning area. It is accompanied by magnetic boundary tape, which helps in keeping the vacuum away from no-entry zones.
It has a rubber brush which does not scratch your hardwood floors. The vacuum does not clog easily as the CycloneForce technology helps it in unclogging the vacuum frequently. As a result, it keeps up with the high suction power throughout the cleaning process and gives you a superior vacuuming experience.
- 5160Pa suction power
- Google Assistant and Alexa voice commands
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- CycloneForce™ technology
- Magnetic boundary tape
- It has 40 times more suction power in comparison to regular robot vacuums
- Smartphone control acts as a remote control for your robot vacuum
- The rubber blade is soft on hardwood, effective in reaching edges, and durable
- The washable filter makes the maintenance easier
- CycloneForce technology keeps on unclogging the vacuum while it is running
- Instructions are hard to follow
|Mapping||Visionary mapping™ plus, FullView Sensor™ 2.0|
Unboxing and working of Samsung R7065 Robot Vacuum is here:
3. TOCMOC Robot Vacuum
(Best With Google Assistant)
This modern age robot vacuum equipped with advanced laser navigation and artificial intelligence supported mapping technology that gives efficient cleaning results. You can customize the cleaning area by targeting it using your mobile as well as virtual lay boundaries.
It’s highly powerful motor gives strong suction power that cleans both your floors and carpets equally well. The 5200mAh Li-ion battery gives you 3.4 hours of continuous plus constant runtime, which is suitable to clean multiple rooms and even large homes easily.
- iPath Laser Navigation
- AI Map technology
- 3000Pa suction power
- Nidec Turbine Motor
- 18000 RPM
- It can identify and climb the carpets of up to 0.8” automatically
- When low on battery, it automatically returns to the charging dock
- After recharging, it starts cleaning from the point where it stopped
- App and voice control with multiple features is convenient
- Several sensors present on the robot vacuum allow excellent coverage
- Noise is a little loud
|Filter||2 x washable HEPA Filter|
See the working of TOCMOC Robot Vacuum here:
4. iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
(Best for Pet Hair)
The seamless navigation technology stores its cleaning path and learns the pattern to give you a rich and deep cleaning experience. Its custom application is easy to use, especially after the new update. It is far more efficient than the older versions.
It is intelligent enough to suggest routines that benefit you according to your lifestyle and the seasons to keep you healthy. It cleans the carpets excellently using its high suction power, and the dual brush system gives good human and pet hair pick-up capacity.
- iRobot HOME App
- 5x air power suction action
- 3 stages cleaning
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation
- vSLAM technology
- It moves logically and cleans in neat rows using floor tracking sensors
- High-efficiency filter to tackle up to 10 microns of dust
- Adapts to your surroundings as it learns and cleans efficiently
- Advanced custom application has several features to clean effortlessly
- The dual brush rollers capture the pet hair and do not tangle it
- Wheels make squeaking noise now and then
|Mapping||Wi-Fi connected Mapping|
Check the thorough testing of iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum here:
5. BISSELL SpinWave Wet and Dry Robot Vacuum
(Best Wet and Dry)
The lithium-ion battery-powered robot vacuum by Bissell is an innovative device that comes with a two-tank system to give you the ultimate cleaning experience. It sweeps debris effectively using the powerful suction, rolling brush supported by the spinning brushes in the front.
Using the microfiber pad scrubbers attached to the vacuum you can scrub and mop the sealed hardwood floors. Additionally, it allows you to use a cleaning solution to make your mopping more efficient. Its intelligent sensor can differentiate between rugs and floor for dry and wet functions.
- 100 minutes runtime
- 1500pa Suction
- Triple action RV
- Microfiber pads
- Two tank cleaning system
- This vacuum can sweep, scrub and mop the floors
- It avoids soft surfaces such as rugs to while mopping using its sensor
- Capable of scrubbing floors using cleaning solution and mopping simultaneously
- Dual spinning brushes and the rotating brush sweeps debris effectively
- Works using the custom application and easy to operate
- Does not have any speed variable options
Demonstration of BISSELL SpinWave Wet and Dry Robot Vacuum is here:
6. GOOVI 2.8” Ultra-Thin Robot Vacuum
(Best With Boundary Strips)
The low profile design goes under the furniture smoothly and cleans all the areas. As it is IR dependent, it does not require light to operate. Also, the other technologies such as anti-drop and anti-collision give complete support to the vacuum’s inefficient maneuvering.
You can operate this vacuum with remote control and do not need any sophisticated operation using apps. It comes with boundary strips, which make it easier for you to mark the no-go zones. This vacuum comes with an extra filter for later replacement.
- Boundary strips
- Remote controlled
- Lithium-Ion battery
- 12-15 ° climbing capability
- 2.81″ low profile
- Returns to the charging dock automatically when low on power
- Gyroscope helps in detecting the height and helps in climbing carpets
- Remote controlled operation does not require technical knowledge
- Anti-collision and anti-drop technologies help in safeguarding the vacuum
- Boundary strips marking help in designating the no-go zones
- Does not follow the change of direction when in motion
Demonstration of GOOVI 2.8” Ultra-Thin Robot Vacuum:
7. Neabot Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum
The self-emptying dustbin and the robot vacuum combination gives you unattended cleaning for days together. You need not touch the dust with your hands and just need to remove the dust bag from the dust tank to empty it. Also, you get a notification when it is full.
It has three suction power levels, which you can choose from depending on your cleaning requirement. This vacuum is capable of picking both small and large debris due to excellent suction power. Its intelligent navigation and mapping techniques help in efficient maneuvering.
- 3 levels of suction power
- Z-shaped vacuuming pattern
- Neabot Home APP
- Lidar Navigation
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)
- The challenging terrains are tackled easily using the Laser navigation
- It uses the Z pattern to cover every corner without fail
- Monitor the performance and cleaning status of the vacuum on your mobile
- Voice command capability makes it convenient to operate the vacuum
- Smart mapping gives it an efficient cleaning path to cover all spots
- Cannot detect and clean dark colored carpets
|Mapping||Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), Lidar Navigation|
Check the in-detail review of Neabot Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum here:
8. iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum
(Best for Zone Cleaning)
This high suction powered robot vacuum has an advanced navigation system that is capable of targeting high traffic areas of your home. Its patented sensors technology helps it in this process. It is capable of 90 minutes of runtime per charge and returns automatically to the docking station.
Also, it’s Alexa, and Google Assistant compatibility gives you convenient access through voice commands. Similarly, its proprietary app is capable of handling several settings. You can schedule the vacuum to run from anywhere using the application.
- 5X the air power
- 3 stage cleaning system
- Auto-adjust cleaning head
- Dual rubber brushes
- 90 minutes runtime
- It has a sweeping edge brush which sweeps in the debris from corners
- The height of the cleaning head adapts itself depending on the surface
- Dual brushes are made of rubber and are compatible with multiple surfaces
- The three-stage cleaning system helps in deep cleaning
- iRobot application has advanced features for effortless cleaning
- It cannot remember the spot it stopped before the low charge
|Mapping||Dirt Detect sensors|
See the working of iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum here:
9. Proscenic M7 Pro LDS Robot Vacuum
(Best With Laser Mapping)
The Proscenic robotic vacuum comes with an advanced navigation technology that helps in efficient navigation. Using its 24 sensors, it creates cleaning path maps intelligently and can save multi-floor maps in its memory.
Its powerful suction helps in cleaning larger debris. The long runtime due to the large battery capacity makes it ideal for multiple floor cleaning. You need not babysit this vacuum as it can climb the carpets automatically and also adjust the suction power accordingly.
- IPNAS 3.0 with 24 sensors
- 5200mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- Nidec brushless motor
- 110ml water tank
- Multi-floor Mapping memory
- Intelligent navigation system aided with 24 sensors creates efficient paths
- It automatically boosts the suction power when it detects a carpet
- Capability to map multiple floors and save them in memory
- High suction power with three levels of settings
- Large battery capacity that gives long runtime
- The app is not convenient enough
Watch the working of Proscenic M7 Pro LDS Robot Vacuum here:
10. 360 S5 LiDAR Robot Vacuum
(Best for Multiple Floors)
This vacuum is intelligent enough to sense the carpeted area, increase the suction accordingly, and climb the carpet without assistance. It also features advanced LiDAR technology that helps in efficient mapping of the home, giving you deep cleaning.
Another exciting feature is customizing the cleaning zones. You can either keep the vacuum away from entering certain places or clean a particular zone regularly at a specified time. Alexa compatibility and phone application make it easy to utilize all these advanced features.
- 2200 Pa suction power
- LiDAR Mapping Technology
- Alexa Compatible
- Four power modes
- Carpet auto-detection
- It can self-recharge and resume from the same place when low on battery
- The laser mapping technology allows intelligent navigation
- Virtual boundaries help your vacuum navigate in a safe zone
- Customizing the cleaning routine is possible using the phone app
- Voice control using Alexa is convenient to use
- Cannot work on dark carpets
|Brand||360 Smart Network|
Find the tests and working of 360 S5 LiDAR Robot Vacuum here:
11. OPOVE Clearobo 3 Robot Vacuum
The smart navigation with laser-equipped mapping technology is capable of deep cleaning your home. It can climb carpets lower than 2 cms height effortlessly. Large battery capacity gives it long runtime, which helps in covering multiple-rooms in a single charge.
Cleaning pet hair is more comfortable using this vacuum. It has a suction power of 2200 Pa which is capable of delivering better cleaning. You can create a virtual wall setting using the phone application. Its low profile design allows you to reach under the furniture easily.
- 4-speed cleaning modes
- 5200mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- Drop sensing technology
- 180 minutes runtime
- 2200Pa suction power
- Drop sensing technology keeps it falling from stairs
- Long runtime gives coverage of the whole house
- The virtual wall setting restricts the cleaning area as you need
- Deep cleaning your home is possible using laser smart navigation
- Variable cleaning modes help you in customizing the cleaning
- Cannot climb carpets higher than two cms
|Mapping||Smart Laser Navigation (SLAM)|
Unboxing and working of OPOVE Clearobo 3 Robot Vacuum is:
12. Coredy G800 Robot Vacuum
(Best Vacuum and Mop)
The Coredy vacuum is capable of deep cleaning your house using its smart navigation system and real-time mapping technology. Its sweep and mop capability helps you in completing two tasks using a single vacuum. You can schedule it using the phone app or voice commands.
It has many advanced functions that help you use this vacuum effortlessly. The zigzag cleaning path does not miss spots, thus giving you a cleaner home compared to other robot vacuums.
- App control and voice control
- Sweeping and mopping function
- Smart navigation
- Zig-zag routing
- Real-time mapping
- The variable suction level allows you to have control over cleaning
- App control and voice control is convenient for operating
- Scheduling the cleaning ahead of time allows you to run it when you are away
- Smart navigation helps in efficient path creation for maximum coverage
- Sweep and mop features help it perform a dual role
- Establishing a Wi-Fi connection initially is not easy
See the Coredy G800 Robot Vacuum cleaning the tiled floor:
13. Neato Botvac D3 Robot Vacuum
(Best for Smart Navigation)
The robot vacuum with laser technology navigates smartly and gives effective deep cleaning using its large core brushes. It is controllable through multiple devices such as smartphones, Alexa, and Smartwatch. This vacuum is capable of cleaning multiple surfaces.
You can schedule the vacuum to run daily or on specified days using the application. When this vacuum runs low on power, it immediately returns to the charging dock, and once recharged, it resumes cleaning from the point it left. The unique D-shaped vacuum gives it access to corners.
- D-shaped design
- Smartwatch control
- Large core brushes
- LaserSmart technology
- 60 minutes runtime
- Easy control over vacuum using multiple devices
- Long runtime to clean a large room
- Pre-scheduling option for convenient cleaning routine
- Resumes cleaning from the old spot
- Uses smart navigation technology
- Wheels make squeaky noise while moving
Check the working of Neato Botvac D3 Robot Vacuum here:
14. Yeedi K700 Robot Vacuum
(Best With HEPA)
Yeedi robot vacuum cleans your home by sweeping as well as mopping the floor using a disinfectant. It uses advanced camera assisted mapping technology to identify its surroundings. Using this mapped information, it works in a zigzag pattern without missing any spots.
The 110 minutes of runtime while vacuuming and 250 minutes of runtime while mopping are exceptional in comparison to other robot vacuums. Also, it comes with a 600 ml dry dust capacity and a 300 ml wet tank. Its anti-collision technology and low noise operation are mention-worthy features.
- 2000 Pa suction power
- Intelligent anti-collision
- 15 cm drop-proof
- 15˚ climbing angle
- 55 dB low noise
- The automatic docking system recharges the vacuum without supervision
- Works quietly without making annoying noises
- The 2-in-1 sweep and mop functions help in versatile cleaning jobs
- The advanced Zig Zag mapping technology helps it maintain the efficient path
- Separate 300 ml water tank where you can add disinfectant for mopping
- Does not have app or Alexa compatibility
|Mapping||Smart navigation, camera mapping|
Opening and demonstration of Yeedi K700 Robot Vacuum is here:
15. Trifo Max Pet 4000Pa Robot Vacuum
(Best Suction Power )
The hi-fi navigation system of the Trifo robot vacuum is aided with real-time maps and videos to guide it flawlessly under and around the obstacles. It cleans efficiently using its high suction power that can clean both hardwood floor and the carpets of your home effectively.
When it grabs pet hair, it does not tangle and hence runs with full suction for the whole cycle. The HEPA filter is effective in filtering the dust particles. Its 2-hour runtime gives you extensive coverage and cleans large rooms or multiple rooms easily.
- Home security camera
- Washable HEPA filter
- 120-minute runtime
- 4000 Pa suction power
- Alexa-enabled voice operation
- It records real-time video and notifies suspicious activities
- You can control it using voice commands using Alexa
- Trifo home application is handy for scheduling cleaning and monitoring
- Real-time maps help it choose the most effective cleaning map
- It can maneuver under the furniture and about the problematic obstacles also
- It sounds loud on high suction power setting
|Mapping||Advanced visual navigation|
Check the Trifo Max Pet 4000Pa Robot Vacuum here:
Ultimate Buying Guide On Best Robot Vacuum Under $500
Though all robot vacuums seem similar in charging themselves, deciding the cleaning path, identifying the obstacles, and cleaning the home unsupervised, there are lots of features that differ.
Some robot vacuums come with specific cleaning modes that can be operated with a single click. Few features automatic carpet detection and clean accordingly. Depending on your priority, choose the vacuum with relevant cleaning modes.
Robot vacuums range from high technology controlled to simple remote-controlled. If you are well versed with technology, then choosing a sophisticated model might offer you more convenience to operate the vacuum at a different level. However, if you do not like fiddling with technology and do not know how to use smart apps, then opting for a remote-controlled device is best.
Sensors present in the vacuum guide it to navigate through the home without babysitting it. Ensure you are opting for the latest technology as you get to have an efficient vacuum when it is up to date. Navigation helps in detecting walls, boundaries and to keep it safe from falling or bumping into furniture.
This one of the most essential requirement of robot vacuums as the ones that have the right mapping techniques is one that can cover most area of your home. Several advanced technologies are utilized to get this right. Laser, IR, camera aided, and similar technologies are found in many vacuums these days.
Mapping also depends on the area you are using, like multiple floors, so check for the multiple floor mapper if you own a two-floored house.
You get virtual boundary choice as well as magnetic tape boundaries. Some prefer virtual boundaries for aesthetic purposes or when they have kids and pets disturbing those boundaries.
Few like the assuredness of magnetic strip boundary as it effectively controls the vacuum from crossing over compared to virtual boundaries. You need to make a choice depending on your requirement.
Despite knowing a lot about robot vacuums still, some questions arise while using them. Find them answered below.
My Top Pick
The Shark IQ Self-Empty Robot Vacuum comes with a self-emptying bin and has advanced technology. With mighty suction power, it stands the best among all others as it requires no supervision for many days. When you own a robot vacuum, it means cleaning your home using your fingertips.
Save your valuable time and energy by opting for a robot vacuum and spend it for more valuable purposes such as for family or earning.