Stick vacuums are appealing to most apartment owners and people who reside in small to medium houses. Though they do not pack a punch like upright vacuums, they are versatile and easy to use than the latter.
These few benefits have resulted in these devices being a must-have, and Shark stick vacuums are just perfect.
Though most Shark Stick vacuums seem similar, well they have a ton of similarities, there are still some crucial differences that have allowed Shark to create a quite a versatile range of devices.
- Reasons Why You Should Get a Shark Stick Vacuum
- Shark Stick Vacuum Cleaner Shops Near You
- Best Shark Stick Vacuum Comparison Guide 2020
- 15 Best Shark Stick Vacuums 2020: Reviewed and Rated
- 1. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light HV302
- 2. Shark Rocket with Zero-M ZS351
- 3. Shark Apex DuoClean with Zero-M Technology ZS362
- 4. Shark ION P50 Cordless Vacuum
- 5. Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Vacuum
- 6. Shark ION F80 MultiFlex Stick Vacuum
- 7. Shark Rocket with DuoClean HV382
- 8. SharkNinja Rocket Deluxe Pro Ultra-Light HV321
- 9. Shark Rocket HV301
- 10. Shark ION X40 Cordless Vacuum
- 11. Shark UV450 Upright Stick Vacuum
- 12. Shark Rocket IR101 Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 13. Shark Flex DuoClean HV391 Vacuum
- 14. Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Vacuum
- 15. Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro HV322 Stick Vacuum
- Stick Vacuums Buying Guide
Reasons Why You Should Get a Shark Stick Vacuum
It is giving Dyson a run for its money, meaning they must be doing something right. First, unlike Dyson, who has a handful of stick vacuums, Shark has a slew, and thus you are spoilt for choice.
Moreover, Shark is a recognized brand, a household name, and I always insist you purchase from a renowned brand. Renowned brands such as Shark have a name to protect and thus have to manufacture quality machines. They are also more likely to honor their warranties, unlike newer companies.
Finally, Shark stick vacuums are affordable, unlike Dyson. You will be getting a premium device but at a reasonable price.
Stick vacuums have disadvantages over canister and upright vacuums.
- Convenient – These appliances are light, and are grab and go devices. You can effortlessly haul them up and down a flight of stairs without the risk of falling. You can use them for quick clean-ups or pick up kids and pet messes.
- Quiet – Stick vacuums are not exactly silent devices, but they are quieter than upright vacuums. They are pleasant to use, and you can carry on with your cleaning without disturbing other family members.
- Easy to store – One Shortcoming of upright vacuum cleaners is that they need a lot of space for storage. The best Shark stick vacuums are an ideal alternative for people with limited space. The slim design enables you to store inside a closet or a pantry. Heck, some retail with a wall-mountable attachment to save floor space.
- Agile – Should you choose to work with cordless Shark vacuums, you will have the ability to go where other vacuums cannot go. You can reach areas without outlets.
- Safe – This is a benefit exclusive to cordless stick vacuums. You will not be dealing with cords reducing the likelihood of tripping.
Shark Stick Vacuum Cleaner Shops Near You
Before I get started on the best Shark stick vacuum guide, I would like to help you find the best stick vacuum shop in your location. I believe a machine is only as good as where you buy it. Here is a map of the best vacuum shops in your location.
A quick search will also help you narrow down the best Shark stick vacuum shop. You can use search terms such as “Shark stick vacuum cleaner shop in my location”, “Shark stick vacuum cleaner shop near me”, or “Shark stick vacuum cleaner shop in UK”.
Best Shark Stick Vacuum Comparison Guide 2020
|Name||Weight In pounds||Type||Cord Length/ Runtime||Dust Cup Capacity in quarts||Dimensions in inches||HEPA||Warranty|
|Shark Rocket Ultra-Light HV302 - Best Overall||8.2||Corded||30-ft||0.42||10.5 X 9.8 X 46||No||5|
|Shark Rocket with Zero-M ZS351 - Best for pet hair||9.3||Corded||30-ft||0.74||13.4 X 10.2 X 47.2||No||5|
|Shark Apex DuoClean with Zero-M Technology ZS362 - Best for hard surfaces||10||Corded||30-ft||0.74||10.2 X 9.8 X 46.4||No||5|
|Shark ION P50 Cordless Vacuum - Best cordless||12.03||Cordless||50-min||0.54||10.2 X 12.4 X 44.8||Yes||5|
|Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Vacuum - Best Shark ION Flex||8.7||Cordless||46-min||0.3||13.4 X 10.4 X 45.9||5|
|Shark ION F80 MultiFlex Stick Vacuum - Best battery life||8.7||Cordless||80-min||0.3||13.4 X 10.2 X 46||No||5|
|Shark Rocket with DuoClean HV382 - Best for large areas||9.9||Corded||30-ft||0.91||10.2 X 9.8 X 46.4||No||5|
|SharkNinja Rocket Deluxe Pro Ultra-Light HV321 - Comfortable||8.6||Corded||30-ft||0.91||10.2 X 13.4 X 47.2||No||5|
|Shark Rocket HV301 - Best for carpets||8||Corded||30-ft||0.42||10.5 X 9.8 X 46||No||5|
|Shark ION X40 Cordless Vacuum - Easy to push on carpets||7.9||Cordless||40-min||0.3||13.4 X10.2 X 46||No||2|
|Shark UV450 Upright Stick Vacuum - Best Suction Vacuum||7.5||Corded||30-ft||0.91||10 X 12 X 31||No||5|
|Shark Rocket IR101 Cordless Stick Vacuum - Budget pick||7.2||Cordless||30-min||0.3||11.9 X 10.3 X 45.6||No||5|
|Shark Flex DuoClean HV391 Vacuum - Best shark corded flex stick vacuum||9.8||Corded||25-ft||0.42||10.2 X 16.5 X 49||No||5|
|Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Vacuum SV1106 - Best for heavy debris||7.5||Cordless||15-min||1.26||10.5 X 9.6 X 46||No||1|
|Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro HV322 Stick Vacuum - Best for crowded areas||8||Corded||32-ft||0.69||13 X 10 X 47.5||No||5|
15 Best Shark Stick Vacuums 2020: Reviewed and Rated
Now that you had the chance to compare the various Shark vacuums let’s get into the meat of this article.
1. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light HV302
Coming first as the best Shark stick vacuum is the Shark HV302. Though it is corded and does not have the DuoClean head, I still consider it the best Shark vacuum, and most customers seem to agree with me.
First, it has a 2-speed cleaner head that enables you to work on hard floors and carpets. On carpets, you select the higher speed as it agitates dirt and the slower speed on hard floors to prevent damage. The controls are on your fingertips, reducing the hassle involved with changing the speeds.
As for power, this unit competes with Dyson Stick vacuums. The Shark HV302 has a suction of about 100 air watts. This is enough to lift most debris from any surface. You will also appreciate the cord as it is long at 30-ft. It allows you to clean any area without the need to change outlets.
Finally, it is an easy to use unit. It is light weighing less than 8-pounds, it has a rubber grip for comfort, and it swivel steers.
- It has a car detailing kit.
- You can convert it into a handheld unit.
- It has dual storage options. You can mount it on a wall or.
- It is corded, and you are tethered to an outlet.
2. Shark Rocket with Zero-M ZS351
(Best for Pet Hair)
Following on our list of the best Shark stick vacuums is the Shark ZS351. First, this device is excellent for cleaning pet hair, thanks to the Zero-M design. The Zero-M tech adds little protrusions to the top of the cleaner head that slice hair preventing it from collecting on the cleaner head. It saves you the agony of having to remove pet hair from the cleaner head.
It is a powerful unit with an airflow of about 45cfm which compares to the Dyson V8. The suction is 49” of water, which is equally good. It is a corded stick vacuum, and though this might be a drawback, I liked that it is long. At the press of a button, the Shark ZS351 converts to a handheld device allowing you to clean upholstery and other above-floor areas.
- It has LED lights on the cleaner head and the handheld device for lighting dark areas.
- The cord is long, and you don’t have to change outlets often.
- It has a large easy to empty bin.
- It is not well balanced and will strain your hand.
- It is awkward to store when cleaning.
- It does not include a HEPA filter.
3. Shark Apex DuoClean with Zero-M Technology ZS362
(Best for hard floors)
The Shark DuoClean head is the eighth wonder of the world. It is the best invention in the vacuum world and for a good reason. The DuoClean tech involves adding two cleaning units to the same cleaner head. The agitating brush is perfect for deep cleaning carpets, while the soft roller is ideal for hard floors. The soft roller is in contact with the ground and will pick up stuck-on debris.
The DuoClean head has one more advantage in that it makes short work of large debris. The soft roller, “rolls” over large debris reducing the likelihood of snow plowing.
The Zero-M tech, on the other hand, prevents pet hair from collecting on the cleaner head. The cleaner head has signal lights to let you know of the status of the brushroll. Here are some pros and cons.
- It has a large dust cap at 0.74 quarts.
- It has a long cord.
- It has LED lights on the cleaner head.
- It is one of the bulkier stick vacuums weighing 10 pounds.
4. Shark ION P50 Cordless Vacuum
(Best Shark cordless stick vacuum)
Following on our list of the best Shark stick vacuum is the Shark ION P50. This is a review of the Shark IC162 model though the only difference with the IC160 is the included attachments. The IC162 has a crevice tool for getting into tight spots, an upholstery tool, and a dusting brush. It also has a charging cradle which you can use to charge batteries when using the unit.
The ION P50 is a cordless vacuum and has a runtime of 50-minutes. However, it is lower in other modes and falls to 18-minutes in boost mode. Nonetheless, the battery is removable, allowing you to increase the runtime.
This appliance is quite versatile as you can use it as a canister or an upright vacuum. It has a large dust cup and includes the DuoClean head for working on different surfaces.
- It has free standing upright storage for effortless storage.
- It is completely sealed and has a HEPA filter.
- It has a long runtime.
- It has headlights for those dark areas.
- The accessories are compression fit and can break when you push them in.
I consider the Shark ION P50 to be the best Shark cordless vacuum and I am confident you will agree with me after watching the review below.
5. Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Vacuum
(Best for cleaning under appliances)
Shark flex models are renowned for their multi-flex tech, while the ION denotes that it is a cordless vacuum. The multi-flex tech allows the machine to fold over making cleaning under furniture a walk in the park. It also allows for simpler storage as it occupies less space, and you can store it in an upright position.
As for the accessories, they are pretty basic, but they will get the job done. However, it has one marvelous attachment that the under-appliance wand. It has a tremendous reach of 40+-inches, and you can reach those tight spots.
It has the DuoClean tech, and as I said, it is a remarkable invention. Though it does not have the Zero-M tech, you can easily access the brushroll to remove any pet hair that has collected.
- It has 2-batteries increasing the runtime.
- You can charge the batteries while in the charging cradle or the unit.
- It has indicator lights to let you the remaining charge.
- It is heavy and will strain your arm.
Here are some of the things you will love about this device. There is also a second video of some few things you might not like. Take a look to get a feel of the device.
6. Shark ION F80 MultiFlex Stick Vacuum
(Best battery life)
With a runtime of almost 80-minutes, the Shark F80 allows you to work for long periods without having to charge. However, the runtime will depend on whether you are on low or high power.
The 80-min runtime is when using suction only, but this will drop to 27-minutes when in high power mode and with the cleaner head attached.
It is also a flex unit which eases storage and vacuuming under furniture. At first, I thought it was just a gimmick, but it does work.
Another reason why I consider this one of the best Shark stick vacuums is the DuoClean head. With DuoClean, to touch it is to vacuum it. It picks large debris and is equally suitable for fine dust thanks to the high suction.
As for the accessories, it has a rather short crevice tool at 8-inches, but still enough to get into tight spots. It also has a car detailing kit and a pet brush.
- It is robust and produces strong suction for a long time.
- It has headlights to enhance visibility.
- The batteries are removable.
- It is top-heavy as the weight distribution could be better.
- It is difficult to pull back on carpets.
If you want to learn how fascinating the ION F80 is, here is a complete review.
7. Shark Rocket with DuoClean HV382
(Best for large areas)
If for no other reason get the Shark HV382 for the DuoClean head, and the massive dust cup capacity. At 0.91-quarts, the bin is larger than on most Shark stick vacuums and thus great for large areas. For this, it had to be on this list of the Best Shark stick vacuums.
Another remarkable feature of the Shark HV382 is that it has LED lights on the cleaner head and the hand vac. It, therefore, allows you to spot dirt in the darkest spots. It is a corded unit, and that can be an advantage or a drawback depending on how you look at it. It is an advantage as you don’t have downtime. However, you are tethered to an outlet, and you cannot clean areas without outlets.
- It is versatile as it works like a hand vacuum and a stick.
- The low profile cleaner head allows you to get into tight spots.
- The DuoClean head enables you to clean large debris, stuck-on dirt, and granular debris.
- It is bulky and not well balanced.
- Filtration was never a strong point of the rockets, therefore, air quality is poor.
8. SharkNinja Rocket Deluxe Pro Ultra-Light HV321
Next on our list of the best Shark stick vacuums is the Shark HV321. It is similar to most Rockets in that it does not have stellar filtration but other than that; it is an astounding little machine.
First, you will appreciate the ergonomic design. It is light at 8.6 pounds, and thus it’s easy to use and easy to store. It has a rubberized grip for comfort, and the dust cup can be removed for emptying. This is unlike the previous model where you had to carry the device to the bin.
Another exciting feature of this device is the lifetime belt. It also has a ridge on the beater bar where you can insert a scissors edge to get rid of pet hair that has collected. Finally, the device has two different speed settings for hard floors and carpets.
- It has onboard storage for the crevice tool and the upholstery tool.
- It has a hard floor genie for sweeping fine dirt.
- It has LED lights for illuminating dark areas.
- Shark customer service could be better.
The HV321 is a remarkable device but I fell you will only appreciate it after seeing it in action.
9. Shark Rocket HV301
(Best for carpets)
The Shark Rocket HV301 is similar to our top pick, albeit with a few differences. First, the vacuum is designed to clean both hard floors and carpets, but you can convert it into a handheld at the press of a button.
The HV301 is a corded appliance saving you the trouble of waiting for it to charge and it has a long cord at 30-ft. Storing the device is a walk in the park thanks to the wall mount. Cleaning tight spots will be easy to thanks to the 12” crevice attachment. As for the weight, it is light at 7.6 pounds.
- It is light allowing you to work for extended periods.
- The cord is long. Thus you don’t need to change outlets.
- You can get under furniture with ease owing to the low profile.
- It struggles when picking large debris on hard floors.
Though this is a short review, it should be enough to help you make a decision on the Shark HV301.
10. Shark ION X40 Cordless Vacuum
(Easy to push on carpets)
The Shark X40 is a cordless vacuum that relies on a 25.5-volt lithium-ion battery. This is marvelous seeing as most saws, and other cordless devices work with 18-volt lithium-ion batteries.
Therefore, you can expect a longer runtime. And speaking or runtime, you can use it for 40 minutes. However, this time drops to 25-minutes when cleaning carpets and 30 minutes when cleaning hard floors in ION Power mode.
Another reason why I consider the Shark ION X40 as one of the best Shark stick vacuums is the fact the battery is removable. As a result you can purchase an extra battery for increased runtime.
As for cleaning performance, the X40 has the DuoClean head, and we all know to expect nothing but phenomenal cleaning performance. You can convert this to a handheld device for above floor cleaning and detailing tasks. Finally, it is easy to use, and you can push it on carpets and hard floors with minimum effort.
- The rollers and filters are easy to remove and clean.
- The dust cup is easy to empty.
- It charges quickly and will last long.
- It does not have a HEPA filter.
11. Shark UV450 Upright Stick Vacuum
(Best Suction Vacuum)
Following on this list of the best Shark stick vacuum is the Shark UV450. This unit has the best suction available, and it will come in handy when cleaning hard floors. It will pick stuck-on dirt and even large debris with ease.
Other than suction, you will appreciate the ergonomics of this device. It is light weighing 7.5 pounds, and it has a rubberized ergonomic grip for comfort. It also has some few accessories that increase the versatility. The 12” crevice tool allows you to get into tight spots, while the pet tool is for getting pet hair off of upholstery.
It also includes some convenience features such as the minimal mess dust cup and the LED lights on the base. And speaking of the base, it is wide and enables you to get into tight spots with ease.
As for the brushroll, it has a 2-speed setting that enables you to work on different surfaces. It also includes a hard floor genie for when you don’t want to use the standard cleaner head for hard surfaces.
- It is wall-mountable thus easy to store.
- It is top-heavy and will strain your arm during above-floor cleaning.
12. Shark Rocket IR101 Cordless Stick Vacuum
If you are on the hunt for an affordable Shark cordless stick vacuum, I recommend the Shark IR101. While the other cordless have their perks, they are pricey retailing at twice the price of the IR101.
Two features stood out for me with the Shark IR101; the smart response tech and the anti-allergen seal. If you are familiar with Shark Rocket vacuums, then you should know that filtration is not one of their strong points. However, the IR101 is different as it is 100% sealed. Yes, it does not have a HEPA filter, but it will keep all pollutants and allergens in the unit.
As for the smart response, it allows the unit to adjust when moving from carpets to vice versa without any input for you. Now, on to some pros and cons.
- It has a decent runtime of 30 minutes, which happens to be upgradable.
- The warranty is long.
- It has LED lights for cleaning dark areas.
- It is top-heavy.
- The bin is small.
13. Shark Flex DuoClean HV391 Vacuum
(Best shark corded flex stick vacuum)
Following on this list of the best Shark stick vacuums is the Shark Flex HV391. Going with previous reviews, it seemed the multiflex tech was exclusive to cordless vacuums. Well, it is available in this Shark HV291. Moreover, I am sure you now have the gist of the multiflex tech, and it will allow you to get under furniture without having to bend over
Other than the multi-flex, it is a completely sealed appliance. That is better than having a HEPA filter as it ensures no allergens are released back into the house. It also has the greatest thing after sliced bread, the DuoClean head. It will pick up everything from large debris to fine dust.
My final best feature of the HV291 is the active glide tech. The unit reacts to the floor type you are cleaning and adjusts accordingly.
- It has a long cord. So though you are tethered to an outlet, you still have a long reach.
- It is powerful and cleans even stuck-on dirt.
- The swivel head is good for getting into corners.
- Easy to store as it is foldable.
- It is top-heavy and tiring when in handheld mode.
- It clogs with pet hair.
(Best for heavy materials)
Though this is the most affordable shark stick vacuum, I could not pick it as my budget pick, more on that later. However, it has some fancy features, and I had to include it on this list of the best shark stick vacuums.
First, it has the largest bin size of all the vacuums on this list. With a 1.26 quart bin, you can use it to clean large areas without having to empty. It also happens to be a cordless vacuum, and you can carry it anywhere though it has one shortcoming in that it has a short battery life. It has a runtime of 12 minutes on carpets and 17-minutes on hard floors.
The SV1106 also has some convenience features to ease the cleaning process. These are in the pros and cons below.
- It swivels allowing you to get around furniture.
- It has a recessed opening on the cleaner head for large debris.
- It has 3 LED lights for cleaning dimly lit areas.
- It relies on a metal hydride battery which has a shorter battery life and longer charge time.
15. Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro HV322 Stick Vacuum
(Best for crowded areas)
My final item in this list of the best Shark stick vacuum is the Shark HV322. In an ideal world, this would rank higher, but I found it is quite similar to the HV321 which I have already included.
I recommend the HV322 for crowded areas, that is, areas with a lot of furniture owing to the long cord. Though most Shark corded vacuums have substantial cords, the HV322 has the longest at 32-ft. Therefore, you have room despite it getting caught between furniture.
It also has a TruePet motorized brush for pet hair. As for the cleaning head, it has a brushroll for carpets and a hard floor genie for hard floors. Finally, it has a 10” crevice tool for getting into tight spots and LED lights to illuminate dark areas.
- It is great for removing pet hair off any surface.
- It is easy to store thanks to the wall mount.
- It maintains suction even when the bin is full.
- The dirt cup is small, and it cannot stand on its own.
Stick Vacuums Buying Guide
Now that you know of the best Shark stick vacuums, here is what to look for.
- Corded or Cordless – First, you have to choose between a corded or a cordless vacuum. Corded units are limiting as you are connected to an outlet, but they have an advantage in that they don’t have a downtime. Cordless Shark stick vacuums, on the other hand, are agile and will work in areas without electrical outlets, but they are limiting in that they battery eventually dies and you have to wait for it to charge.
- Dust Cup – You also have to stop and consider the capacity of the vacuum. How much dirt can it hold? Will it be enough to clean the entire house? Get a stick vacuum that will allow you to clean an entire house before you have to empty it.
- Runtime and Cord Length – If you choose to work with a cordless vacuum, you have to consider the battery life? A 15-min battery runtime will only be enough for a small or medium-sized house, while one like the Shark F80 will do for larger houses. If you choose to get a corded vacuum, try and get one with a cord that is long enough for the various tasks. A 30-ft cord while living in a small apartment will only get in the way. However, the same will be sufficient for a large house.
- Cleaner Head – Another feature you have to consider is the cleaner head as you want something that will short work of your cleaning tasks. If you have few tight spaces, get a Shark stick vacuum with a large cleaner head. However, if you have to get into tight spaces, they a vacuum with a leaner head is preferable. Also, I recommend any of the vacuums with a DuoClean head and Zero-M technology. This attachment will pick all debris, and no pet hair will collect on the brushroll.
Thank you for reading this far, and as I wind up, allow me to answer some few frequently asked questions about Shark stick vacuums. I will try and address some of the customer pain points to ease the customer journey.
Shark vacuums are built with the customer in mind. The manufacturer ensures that only the necessary features are on the device so as not to overburden the user. They also ensure that they are affordable. They have a long lifespan, and the performance is stellar. Would I recommend these devices? Definitely.
If you feel there is something I missed, you are welcome to leave a comment below.