In the past few years, Shark has positioned itself as the go-to company for homeowners on the hunt for affordable but quality vacuums. Their vacuums also happen to be versatile as some can clean carpets as well as hard floors, while others are best for specialized tasks.
However, picking the perfect Shark Vacuum is no walk in the pack. Yes, you are spoilt for choice, but the many varieties can be a bit confusing. You are in luck though as we have provided a list of the best shark vacuums and a buying guide to help you make an informed decision. There is also a table if you are in a hurry.
- Why Shark Vacuums?
- Finding a Shark Vacuum Cleaner Shop Near You
- The Best Shark Vacuums Comparison Table 2020
- Top 18 Best Shark Vacuums Reviews 2020
- 1. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean
- 2. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
- 3. Shark ION Robot Vacuum R85 Wi-Fi Enabled
- 4. Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Carpet and Hard Floor
- 5. Shark Cordless Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper
- 6. Shark Rocket Corded Ultra-Light HV292 Hand Vacuum for Carpet
- 7. Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum for Carpet
- 8. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor NV352
- 9. Shark Rotator Professional Upright NV501 Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor
- 10. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) Upright Vacuum
- 11. Shark Duo-Clean Powered Lift-Away NV803 Standard
- 12. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum with Lift-Away ZU561
- 13. Shark ION F80 Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 14. Shark ION Robot Vacuum R75 Wi-Fi Connected
- 15. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV-360
- 16. Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright HV322 Corded Stick Vacuum
- 17. Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright NV42 Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor
- 18. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum HV302 for Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning
- 4 Things to Consider when Buying a Shark Vacuum
Why Shark Vacuums?
Shark vacuums should top your list of consideration owing to the quality and the price point. These vacuums are premium products, but the price happens to be friendlier.
Other than the perfect balance of quality and price, Shark Vacuums are versatile, and you can get one for any task. Given their wide selection from robot vacuums to upright units, and even stick vacuums, you can be sure that there is something for you.
Finding a Shark Vacuum Cleaner Shop Near You
If you don’t have the time to go through this entire piece, below is a map to direct you to the best shark vacuum cleaner shops near you. You can be confident you will find top appliances here.
You can also conduct a quick search using the words “in my location”, “near me”, or “in + your town”.
Here are a few examples:
- Best shark vacuums near me
- Best shark vacuums in my location
Nonetheless, we have made it easy for you with the map below.
Now that you know where to find the top Vacuums, here are the vacuums to look for.
The Best Shark Vacuums Comparison Table 2020
Here is a quick breakdown of the features on the best Shark vacuums. I believe this will come in handy if you are in a hurry, or you want a way to compare the appliances side to side.
|Name||Weight in pounds||Power||Cord Length/ Runtime||Bagged/ Bagless||Warranty||Upright/ Robot/ Stick|
|Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean - Best Overall||17.1||Corded||30ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E - Best for hardwood floors||14||Corded||30ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark ION Robot Vacuum R85 Wi-Fi Enabled - Best Shark Robot Vacuum||5.51||Cordless||60 minutes||Bagless||1-yr limited||Robot|
|Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Carpet and Hard Floor - Best Shark Stick Vacuum||9.9||Corded||30ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Stick|
|Shark Cordless Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper - Most Affordable Shark Vacuum||3.15||Cordless||20 min||Bagless||1-yr limited||_|
|Shark Rocket Corded Ultra-Light HV292 Hand Vacuum for Carpet - Best Shark Hand Vacuum||3.7||Corded||40 min||Bagless||1-yr limited||Hand Vacuum|
|Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum for Carpet - Best Shark Cordless Vacuum||7.5||Cordless||15 – 17 minutes||Bagless||1-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor NV352 - Editor’s Choice||12.5||Corded||25ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Rotator Professional Upright NV501 Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor - Best Overall||12.5||Corded||25ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) Upright Vacuum - Editor’s Pick||16.7||Corded||30ft||Bagless||2-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Duo-Clean Powered Lift-Away NV803 Standard - Great for top air quality||14.5||Corded||30ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum with Lift-Away ZU561||18.75||Corded||30ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark ION F80 Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum - Shark Vacuum with the Longest Runtime||8.7||Cordless||80 mins||Bagless||5-yr limited||Stick|
|Shark ION Robot Vacuum R75 Wi-Fi Connected - Editor’s Pick||5.51||Cordless||60 mins||Bagless||1-yr limited||Robot|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV-360 - Editor’s Choice||13||Corded||25ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright HV322 Corded Stick Vacuum - Best for maneuverability & reach thanks to the cord||8.6||Corded||32ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Stick|
|Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright NV42 Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor - Customizable||14.8||Corded||25ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Upright|
|Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum HV302 for Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning - Easiest to store Shark vacuum||7.6||Corded||25ft||Bagless||5-yr limited||Stick|
Top 18 Best Shark Vacuums Reviews 2020
Yes, I have created a list of the best Shark vacuums. But what makes a vacuum be considered as the best? Below you will learn of the various features and the performance of these apppliaces and how I went about ranking them.
1. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean
The Shark Apex is top of the vacuum food chain as the name Apex suggests. It is packed with features and makes cleaning both hardwood floors and carpets (both low pile and high pile) a walk in the park. It is also versatile and can be used for above floor cleaning and to reach tight spots.
First, you will appreciate the DuoClean. The DuoClean brushroll consists of a soft brush and a standard brushroll combined. The soft brushroll picks fine dust on hardwood, while the standard brush is used to agitate dirt on carpets.
You can also adjust the unit for cleaning hard floors, low pile carpets, and deep pile carpets.
Another exciting feature of the Shark Apex that makes it top our list of best shark vacuums is the Zero-M system. It removes all the hair from the brushroll, so you don’t have to. Finally, you will appreciate the powered lift away mode that allows one to reach tight spots.
- It has an excellent suction at 101 inches of water lift.
- It has a long cord at 30-ft.
- Cleaning above floor spaces is a breeze thanks to the detachable canister.
- It has HEPA filters.
- Emptying the bin is a messy affair. It leaves a large cloud of dust.
- It is pricey.
- A bit heavy.
The Shark Apex is an exemplary machine and I don’t think words do it any justice. Check out this video review for a better feel.
(Best for hardwood floors)
Following on our list of the best Shark Vacuums is the NV356E. It is a mid-range vacuum offering a balance between price and quality.
Being a lift-away unit, it is ideal for cleaning tough to reach spots. You can remove the canister for above ground cleaning and recline it for cleaning under couches and beds. It also has swivel steering, so it is easy to get around obstacles in the house.
Another remarkable feature of the NV356E has to be the HEPA filter. Though this should be a standard feature on vacuums, it is not, and it is ever pleasant to come across those that have. Furthermore, it has a 30-ft cord allowing you to clean large areas without having to change outlets.
- It incorporates Shark’s never lose suction tech and thus great for hard floors.
- It is a 2-in-1 vacuum and thus great for both carpets and hard floors.
- It has a lengthy 5-year warranty
- Has pet tools for removing pet hair.
- There are instances where Shark will not honor their warranty.
- It is somewhat bulky at 13.7 pounds.
3. Shark ION Robot Vacuum R85 Wi-Fi Enabled
(Best Shark Robot Vacuum)
Our first robot vacuum is the R85, and it is the best Shark Robot Vacuum. If you are busy or dislike the work involved with vacuuming, then I recommend this unit.
The R85 is voice and Wi-Fi enabled; thus, you can control it with your phone or Amazon Echo. You can also control it with the panel on the top side. The panel has three buttons; clean for cleaning. DOCK to go back to the charging station, and max to operate at max suction.
Speaking of suction, the R85 has three suction modes and thus is ideal for different surfaces. On the underside, there is a central brushroll and side spinning brushes. The brushes are suitable for pulling debris into the path of the vacuum and for cleaning edges.
Finally, it has a broad 12.8-inch cleaning path and is only 3.4-inches tall. It covers large areas in a short time and can get under furniture and beds with ease.
- It includes a boundary strip to block-off sensitive areas.
- Has advanced navigation sensors to detect dirt and debris.
- The boundary marker is outdated.
- It has no mapping tech.
Here is what you can expect when you purchase the Shark R85. See it in action to help make an informed decision.
4. Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Carpet and Hard Floor
(Best Shark Stick Vacuum)
Following on our list is the best Shark stick vacuum, the Shark HV382. It incorporates the standard DuoClean tech and thus cleaning carpets, and hard floors will be a walk in the park. You will also appreciate the Triple Particle Cleaning system as it makes it easy to clean dirt of different size. You will clean large debris without snowplowing, small, and stuck-on particles. S
The HV382 is well accessorized but what stood out for me had to be the TruePet mini motorized brush for cleaning pet hair. The under-appliance attachment is also great for cleaning under furniture and bed. There is also a wall mount feature, so it is easy to store.
The unit also has some convenient features such as LED lights at the front for cleaning dimly lit areas, and a 30-ft cord so you don’t have to change outlets.
- It easily cleans different surfaces as it is easy to switch between the various power levels.
- It is well accessorized increasing the versatility.
- It has a powerful suction.
- One major flaw with most Shark vacuums is that they fail to honor their warranty.
- Removing the hair from the brushroll is a challenge.
5. Shark Cordless Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper
(Most Affordable Shark Vacuum)
If you are on the hunt for an affordable Shark vacuum, I recommend this Shark Cordless Rechargeable Floor and Carpet Sweeper. Other than being affordable, it is a lightweight unit, and thus you can work with it for long periods. It is a quiet unit and great for use in areas where silence is paramount.
What caught my eye, though, is the speed setting. It has two speed settings for cleaning hard floors and carpets. It is also ideal for people with pets, and it has a substantial tray for collecting the dirt. Emptying the bin is a walk in the park as all that is needed is to slide it from the device.
The unit is also a quick charging unit, which is a plus.
- The unit has a press to fold button, where the handle folds allowing you to reach tight spots such as under furniture.
- It has swivel steering for cleaning around obstacles.
- It cleans any size of debris.
- It is affordable.
- Well, it will only last up to 3-years.
- The handle breaks easily.
6. Shark Rocket Corded Ultra-Light HV292 Hand Vacuum for Carpet
(Best Shark Hand Vacuum)
The best shark hand-vacuum has to be the Shark Rocket HV292. It is designed for above floor cleaning and happens to be more affordable than most uprights or stick vacuums.
First, the tool is well accessorized, with a flexible hose, a crevice tool, a dusting brush, and a motorized brush. The dusting brush is excellent for agitating dust when cleaning while the motorized brush (has its motor), is ideal for cleaning pet hair and upholstery. The flexible hose increases the versatility of the unit. As for the crevice tool, it allows you to get into tight spots with ease.
Another terrific feature of this appliance is that it is lightweight and thus cleaning for lengthy periods will be a walk in the park. The HV292 has a large canister, and disposal is easy as it opens on the bottom. As for the cord, it is only 15-foot long.
- It is lightweight, and you can work with it for long periods.
- It is well accessorized for different above floor cleaning tasks.
- It does not lose suction until the bin is almost full.
- The suction is average.
- The cord could be longer.
The HV292 has been the cause of a lot ouf outrage in the vacuum world. How can a handheld be so good? Here is a quick review for a better feel.
(Best Shark Cordless Vacuum)
Shark SV1106 happens to be a tremendous cordless vacuum and one we recommend for anyone on a budget. The unit ships with a docking station which doubles as a charging station. The unit takes about 4-hours to charge and will only last for 15 to 17 minutes.
You will also appreciate that it is lightweight at 7.5-pounds and thus it is easy to work with for long hours. The 2-speed brushroll allows you to clean carpets and hard floor. This versatility is ideal for people with area rugs.
As for the dust-cup, it is easy to empty without interruption, and it is well sized so you can clean large areas without emptying. The motorized brush makes cleaning carpets a breeze, and it also happens to be good-enough for pet hair.
- It is marvelous at picking pet hair.
- It is convenient to take apart and empty.
- It is easy to use thanks to the rotating head and that it is lightweight.
- It is a relatively quiet unit.
- Lacks some convenience features such as attachments and LED lights.
- It is not durable and has a short battery life.
The Shark HV352 relies on Shark’s proprietary lift-away technology where you can convert the upright into a canister vacuum for cleaning tight spots. Other than the lift-away tech, it also uses the cyclonic technology, ensuring it never loses suction when cleaning.
The HEPA filter also happens to be a beautiful touch by Shark as it ensures the air in your home is ever clean. It also incorporates swivel steering, and cleaning around obstacles will be effortless. It happens to be lightweight, allowing you to work for long hours with ease.
The Shark NV352 also happens to be great for both carpet and hard floor cleaning. The brushroll is great for agitating the dirt on carpets, but you can shut it off to clean hard floors. Finally, it has a substantial cord at 25ft.
- It has a lengthy 5-year warranty.
- It is relatively quiet compared to other units.
- It is lightweight for an upright.
- It has a decent size dirt cup.
- It has no headlights.
- It is not ideal for large debris thanks to the snowplowing effect.
- The controls are difficult to reach.
Learn more about the Shark NV352 in the video below, and why it is considered one of the best Shark vacuums.
9. Shark Rotator Professional Upright NV501 Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor
After our top-pick, the Shark NV501 is the second best shark vacuum overall. What caught my eye first is the removable wand that doubles as a handle. You can attach any of the accessories to the wand, increasing the versatility.
Another fascinating feature of the Shark NV501 is that you can convert it to a canister vacuum and use the base with the caster wheels. The appliance also ensures that the air in your home is top-quality thanks to the Anti-allergen complete seal technology.
As for ease of use, the unit incorporates swivel steering, so it is easy to get around obstacles. Releasing the canister is as easy as pressing a button. It also has LED lights that make it easy to cleanly dimly lit areas. As for the cord length, it is a substantial 25ft.
- It is versatile thanks to Shark’s proprietary lift-away technology.
- It is easy to use on stairs thanks to the long wand.
- It makes above floor cleaning seem like a piece of cake.
- Long 5-year warranty.
- Clear canister so you know when it is time to empty.
- The switch is not on the handle.
- Pulling too hard may result in the caddy toppling.
10. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) Upright Vacuum
The Shark NV752 is the original lift-away unit, but it can still hold its own against newer installations. Thanks to the lift-away system, you can use it as a canister vacuum for above floor cleaning.
The appliance is well accessorized with a crevice tool for tight spots, an upholstery tool, a motorized brush for cleaning pet hair, and a hard floor hero. The unit works on carpets and hard floors, with a suction of above 95-inches, and airflow above 99cfm.
As for the performance, it picks up stuck-on and embedded dirt with ease. Picking pet hair also happens to be a walk in the park, as does picking small debris. However, the unit cannot collect large debris as it has a snowplowing effect, but you can use the wand which doubles as the handle for such waste.
- It has a substantial cord at 30-ft.
- It has LED headlights allowing you to see dimly lit areas.
- It incorporates dynamic swivel steering making it easy to control.
- The controls are at your fingertips.
- It includes HEPA filters keeping the air in your house clean.
- It is a bit bulky, which can be a challenge.
- The power head is on the narrower side.
See how powerful the NV752 is in the review below. Also see how it performs on carpets and on the carpets.
11. Shark Duo-Clean Powered Lift-Away NV803 Standard
(Great for top air quality)
What caught my eye with the Shark NV803 is the DuoClean cleaner head. The cleaner head has a brushroll for cleaning carpets and a gentle roller brush for hard floors. It is, therefore, versatile for different surfaces.
The unit also never loses suction, and that is why I recommend it for hard floors. You can also expect the air in your home to ever be clean thanks to the anti-allergen complete seal technology and HEPA filters. Furthermore, it incorporates the standard lift-away tech where it transforms into a canister vacuum for above floor cleaning.
The Shark NV803 also happens to include convenience features such as LED lights allowing you to clean dimly lit areas. The handle also doubles up as a wand increasing the versatility. It also has fingertip controls, so it is easy to control.
- It has a narrow head so it can get into tight spots.
- It comes with four tools: a pet multi-tool, a crevice tool, a pet power tool, and under-appliance wand.
- It has a low profile and can get under furniture easily.
- You will need more passes to clean surfaces seeing as it has a narrow head.
- The dust-canister needs to be emptied frequently.
- It is loud.
- It does not have a motorized pet tool.
The proprietary Zero-M technology is what makes the Shark ZU561 stand out. It removes pet hair from the brushroll as you vacuum for a more pleasant cleaning experience.
As for the accessories, the unit is a bit lacking in this area. However, it does include a combo-tool to dig up dirt from the carpet, which also doubles as an upholstery tool. Furthermore, it also consists of a standard crevice tool for getting to tight spots and a broad upholstery tool.
Another fascinating feature is the convenience you get with the unit. It has LED lights and the standard lift-away technology. The canister is also generously sized and can hold 2.2 quarts up to the fill line. Emptying it will be a walk in the park, and it also happens to be easy to detach and reattach. Finally, the unit will keep the air in your house clean thanks to the HEPA filter and complete seal technology.
- The filters can be cleaned, reducing the amount you spend on consumables.
- The bin disposes from the bottom for no mess disposal.
- It is great for seniors as it has a short cord to be tangled up, and it is lightweight.
- The cord is short, and thus, you have to change outlets.
- It is loud.
- It has a short hose.
13. Shark ION F80 Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum
(Shark Vacuum with the Longest Runtime)
Following on our list of the best Shark vacuums is the Shark ION F80. This is the Shark stick vacuum with the longest runtime at 80 minutes thanks to the two lithium rechargeable batteries. However, the runtime depends on how you use the unit.
It also happens to rely on the DuoClean technology allowing you to clean hard floors and carpets. The gentle roller is ideal for hard floors, while the brushroll is ideal for carpets.
The unit is also convenient to work with thanks to the foldable handle and low profile. These allow you to reach and clean under obstacles such as furniture. It also happens to have headlights for cleaning dimly lit areas.
As for accessories, well it has very few. That is the crevice tool and an upholstery tool. However, this allows you to customize the unit.
- It is lightweight at 8.7 pounds allowing you to work for lengthy periods with ease.
- It has a long runtime.
- It is easy to store.
- It transforms into a hand vacuum.
- It has a 5-year warranty.
- It is pricey but has very few attachments.
- It takes long to charge (3.5 hrs).
14. Shark ION Robot Vacuum R75 Wi-Fi Connected
The second robot on this list of the best Shark vacuums is the R75. It is a simple unit that is Wi-Fi enabled, enabling you to control it with your phone. You can also add voice-control with Amazon Alexa for more seamless control.
The appliance is best for quick cleaning as it can only pick small debris. You have to get a stick or upright vacuum to clean larger debris. You will also appreciate the smart sensor technology that helps the R75 avoid obstructions. Furthermore, it has side spinning brushes that pull dirt into the cleaning path. Moreover, it helps in edge cleaning.
Other than voice and phone control, you can control the unit using the panel on the top side. The panel has three buttons; clean, dock, and spot. The clean button directs the vacuum to clean; the dock button directs it back to the charging dock while the port button is for spot cleaning.
- It saves you the agony of cleaning.
- It has a long runtime at 60 minutes.
- Its low profile allows it to get under furniture with ease.
- It is quiet.
- It is not ideal for large debris.
- It still relies on outdated boundary strips.
- You have to clear obstructions such as cables and mats lest the unit tries to suck it in.
Let’s do away with the standard features before we get into what fascinates me with this unit. It has Shark’s Lift-Away technology where you can convert it into a canister unit for above floor cleaning. It also has the standard attachments including the crevice tool, the dusting brush, and under appliance tool.
What stood out for me with this unit is the strong suction. It makes quick work of any dirt or debris leaving your floors and carpets sparkling. As you might have gathered, it is best for hardwood floors and carpets alike.
You will also appreciate the strong suction, and the HEPA filter plus complete seal technology that ensures the air in your house is clean.
Our best feature though happens to be the under-appliance tool. It makes it easy to clean under things such as furniture and fridge.
- It has powerful suction, and thus it can pick even the tiniest debris.
- It includes swivel steering for ease of control.
- It has a large canister, and thus you can clean for long periods without having to empty.
- The strong suction makes it challenging to clean using the upholstery tool.
- There is no place to attach the under-appliance wand and the upholstery tool, and thus, they can be easily misplaced.
Most of the other video reviews here are by professionals which is why I am excited to have this here. It is by a home user and thus it will give you the best feel of all Shark vacuums. Be sure to check it out.
16. Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright HV322 Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best for maneuverability & reach thanks to the cord)
This is one of the few corded stick vacuums and as such had to be on this list of the best Shark vacuums. It happens to be great for pet hair, and I recommend it for that thanks to the motorized pet tool.
If you are familiar with the Dyson D40 series, then you have a rough idea of what the Shark HV322 looks like only that it is corded. Speaking of it being corded, it has the lengthiest cord at 32-ft, and thus you can clean substantial areas without having to change outlets.
Finally, the Shark Deluxe Pro is also great for hard floors and carpets. It makes cleaning these surfaces look like a walk in the park. It has a powerful suction and micro-fiber towel for cleaning hard floors, and a brushroll for carpets.
- It has an ergonomic handle allowing you to work for long hours.
- The dust cup is easy to empty.
- It includes a wall mount easing storage.
- It has HEPA filtration keeping your house free of allergens.
- It is easy to maneuver thanks to advanced swivel steering.
- You have to content with the cord.
- The tool clip is of low quality.
- It has a small bin.
If you are okay working with a basic vacuum, then get the Shark NV42. This product has only the essential features to make it a decent unit, and you should not expect anything more.
However, it happens to be great at picking pet hair and cleaning both hard floors and carpets. You can use the brushroll to clean carpets or shut it down when working on hard floors.
As for the accessories, it only features a dusting brush and a crevice tool. The dusting brush is great for working on upholstery while the crevice tool is ideal for getting into tight spots.
What stood out for me though has to be the large bin capacity. It has a 3-quart bin and can clean areas without having to empty it. Moreover, detaching, pouring out, and reattaching the canister is a breeze.
- It has a substantial cleaning path at 11-inches.
- It has a long hose at 12-ft.
- Never loses suction for even cleaning.
- Has an ergonomic handle for comfort when working.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It has a low profile enabling you to clean under furniture.
- It does not swivel.
18. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum HV302 for Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning
(Easiest to store Shark vacuum)
Another corded stick vacuum is the Shark HV302, and you will love how lightweight it is. At 8-pounds, it allows you to work for long periods with ease. It doesn’t have the longest of cords, but it is substantial at 25-pounds. You don’t have to change outlets unless you are cleaning a large area.
The unit has some convenience features such as the swivel steering that enables you to maneuver it with ease. The controls too are at your fingertip for better control. The dust cup happens to be easy to detach, empty, and reattach, although it is small at 0.42 quarts. Finally, it has a lengthy warranty.
- It has a motorized brush tool making it easy to clean pet hair.
- It is lightweight.
- It is versatile, and you can convert it into a hand vacuum.
- You can clean multiple areas with ease.
- It is easy to store as you can mount it or stick the hand vacuum to the bottom of the wand.
- It is not that powerful and has a shorter cord compared to most units here.
Now that you know the best Shark vacuums for every imaginable task, it is time you knew what to look for in a vacuum.
4 Things to Consider when Buying a Shark Vacuum
1. Power Source
When picking a vacuum, you have to decide between corded and cordless vacuums. If you want increased mobility, we recommend you get a cordless unit. You don’t have to deal with a power cord, and you can move around as you wish. However, you have to deal with the batteries as they run out in a matter of minutes. I would recommend the Shark ION F80 thanks to the long runtime.
If you want unlimited runtime, then get a corded shark vacuum. Ensure the cord is long at least 25ft, so you don’t have to change the outlet often.
2. Upright versus Stick Versus Robot
We are currently spoilt for choice when it comes to vacuums. However, this can be confusing, and you have to know what to look for.
I recommend robot vacuums for quick cleaning tasks and if you don’t want to engage in the actual cleaning work. However, they are only for simple cleaning. Stick vacuums are ideal as secondary units thanks to their ease of storage and lightweight design. However, they cannot be used for demanding jobs. Finally, upright units are for those demanding cleaning jobs.
Before you purchase a vacuum, you have to be sure the type of surface you will be cleaning as there is no one size fits all. If you want a device for above floor cleaning, then get the hand vacuum as that will be enough. If you are cleaning large areas, I recommend you get an upright unit thanks to the power and larger bin. If you want a unit ideal for quick cleaning, then a stick vacuum or a robot will be enough.
Furthermore, get a 2-in-1 unit if you are on the hunt for a device that can clean carpets and hard floors.
I love answering frequently asked questions before I wrap up. They help address some of the concerns people have about vacuums, and in this case Shark vacuums. I welcome you to read the review below to get to know these devices better.
Shark has made it affordable for homeowners to own premium vacuums without having to pay a small fortune. The units are solid and are affordable. However, you should have a rough idea of what you want before you make a purchase. The above guide should help you make an informed decision. Also, visit one of the shops on the map above, and they should be in a position to assist.