Stick vacuums are the Ferraris of the vacuum world. They are slick, light, and quite versatile. When they first came into the market, most of these units were only ideal for small tasks — don’t get me wrong, they still are — but they can now handle more demanding tasks.
The Market is currently flooded with Stick Vacuums as each manufacturer battles to get a share. And like any other industry, there are remarkable units that will cost you a fortune, exemplary appliances that are reasonably priced, and low-quality items that will do nothing but disappoint you.
In this guide, you will learn of the best cordless stick vacuums of 2020, and why they stand out. But first, here are some benefits of stick vacuums.
- Benefits of Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Cordless Stick Vacuum Shops Near You
- Cordless Stick Vacuums Comparison Chart
- Here Are The Best Cordless Stick Vacuums
- 1. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 2. Shark Rocket ZS351 Corded Stick Vacuum
- 3. Von-Haus 2-in-1 Corded Stick and Handheld Vacuum
- 4. Shark ION P50 Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 5. Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 6. Bissell 81L2A PowerEdge Corded Stick Vacuum
- 7. Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 8. Moosoo Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 9. Fuller Brush Spiffy Corded Stick Vacuum
- 10. Shark Rocket HV302 Corded Stick Vacuum
- 11. Hoover Linx SH20030 Corded Stick Vacuum
- 12. Tineco A10 Master Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 13. Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 14. Black + Decker HCUA525JP Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 15. Eureka NES210 Corded Stick Vacuum
- Cordless Stick Vacuum Buying Guide
Benefits of Cordless Stick Vacuums
Stick vacuum can be divided into two categories; corded and cordless, and each has its benefits. Here, we will discuss the benefits of all stick vacuums, though we will break them down later in the review.
- Light – The most significant benefit of stick vacuums is that they are light. Most of these appliances are well below 10-pounds, and therefore, they are easy to maneuver. They are easy on the wrist, and you can use them for extended periods without fatigue.
- Versatile – Take the Dyson Stick Vacuums (some of the best cordless stick vacuums in the market), these double as handheld appliances as well as stick vacuums. You can use them for floor cleaning applications as well as above floor cleaning. Though other vacuums — upright, and canister — can still be used for above floor applications, none is as resourceful as these appliances.
- Convenient - Say you have guest over, and a kid accidentally spills or knocks over a plate of snacks. Well, you have to clean up, but upright vacuums happen to be quite bulky. A stick vacuum comes in handy as it means fewer interruptions, less energy used, and more rewarding experience. You can unmount, and be done cleaning in less than a minute.
- Bagless – One deal breaker when working with upright and canister vacuums is the recurring cost of consumables. By consumables I mean dirtbags. Well, you can forget all about these bags if you decide to work with a stick vacuum. They are all bagless and easy to use.
- They are Affordable – All the pros above would mean diddlysquat if stick vacuums were out of reach of most homeowners. Well, they are not, but happen to be reasonably priced.
Cordless Stick Vacuum Shops Near You
The best way to find stick vacuum shops near you is by referrals. Ask that friend or family member where s/he got his/her marvelous little machine. Undoubtedly, you will be directed to a remarkable stick vacuum shop.
However, if you find that too tasking, you can use the map, or use any of the search terms below.
Search terms to apply:
- Stick vacuum cleaner shops near me
- Stick vacuum cleaner shops in my location
- Stick vacuum cleaner shops in my area
- Stick vacuum cleaner shops in uk
Now let’s get into the meat of this article. These are the 15 best cordless stick vacuums of 2020.
Cordless Stick Vacuums Comparison Chart
I understand you might not have the time to read the entire review, but here is a quick comparison of the best stick vacuums of 2020.
|Name||Corded/Cordless||Runtime/Cord-Length||Weight in pounds||Bin size in quarts||HEPA||Dimensions in inches||Warranty in yrs|
|Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute - Best Overall||Cordless||60-mins||5.9||0.815||Yes||9.8 X 10.1 X 49.2||2|
|Shark Rocket (ZS351) Corded Ultra-Light with Zero-M Technology - Best stick vacuum for pet hair||Corded||30-ft||9.3||0.74||No||13.4 X 10.2 X 47.2||5|
|Von-Haus 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum - Best budget pick||Corded||19.5-ft||5.6||1.37||Yes||12 X 6 X 46||1|
|Shark ION P50 with DuoClean - Best Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum||Cordless||55-mins||12.03||0.54||Yes||10.2 X 12.4 X 44.8||5|
|Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum - Editors pick||Cordless||25-mins||2.87||0.42||Yes||12.5 X 8.3 X 43.3||2|
|Bissell Poweredge Hard Floor Vacuum 81L2A - Best stick vacuum for areas with furniture||Corded||20-ft||7.5||-||No||10.6 X 11.3 X 43.3||1|
|Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum - Best value for money||Cordless||40-mins||5.75||0.53||Yes||9.9 X 8.9 X 49||2|
|Moosoo Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Best lightweight||Cordless||30-mins||2.84||0.42||Yes||8.5 X 9 X 45||2|
|Fuller Brush Spiffy Maid Bagless Broom - Best stick vacuum for edge cleaning||Corded||30-ft||4||Yes||8 X 10.8 X 40.5||1|
|Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded HV302 - Best stick vacuum for hard floors||Corded||25-ft||8.2||0.42||No||10.5 X 9.8 X 46||5|
|Hoover Linx SH20030 Corded Bagless Vacuum - Best low-cost stick vacuum for carpets||Corded||20-ft||8||1.26||No||10.6 X 8 X 25||2|
|Tineco A10 Master Cordless Stick Vacuum - Best stick vacuum with the longest runtime||Cordless||100-mins||2.87||0.42||Yes||12.5 X 8.3 X 43.3||2|
|Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum - Most affordable Dyson stick vacuum||Cordless||20-mins||5.1||0.57||Yes||9.8 X 8.2 X 46.4||2|
|Black + Decker HCUA525JP Cordless Stick Vacuum - Best smart stick vacuum||Cordless||60-mins||8||1.05||No||8.9 X 11.2 X 33.7||2|
|Eureka NES210 Corded Stick Vacuum - Best stick vacuum for stairs||Corded||18-ft||4||0.58||No||6 X 10 X 44||1|
Here Are The Best Cordless Stick Vacuums
The comparison table should have given you a feel of what to expect. Here are in-depth reviews of the devices to help make an informed decision.
1. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum
I will come right out and say that this is a pricey unit. It will cost you a fortune, and I recommend it for people on a generous budget. But that begs, the question, is it worth the high price point? Let’s find out.
First, it is a cordless stick vacuum — so it has that going for it —and you can use it without worrying about outlets. It has a long 60-minute runtime, and it incorporates an on-demand trigger.
Therefore, power is only used when cleaning.
As for the performance, this unit cleans all debris nearly flawlessly. It has all the necessary accessories for different cleaning tasks. The motorized brush is superb on both low pile and high pile carpets while the fluffy cleaning head is terrific on floor. You will love how it picks larger debris.
The Dyson V10 happens to be easy to maneuver. It allows you to take tight 80-degree corners and it is light at about 9.5-pounds in stick mode, and 3.6-pounds in handheld.
- All the accessories click into place fast and easy.
- It is light.
- It is powerful.
- It is durable.
- It is a well-accessorized.
- It is pricey.
- It flings debris forward when using the fluffy head.
- It has a short warranty.
2. Shark Rocket ZS351 Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best Stick Vacuum For Pet Hair)
Dealing with pet hair is a pain. First, you have to get a vacuum that can pick up the fur, and with HEPA filters. However, even then, you are not guaranteed a pleasant cleaning experience. You have to pry the hair off the brush roll. Enter the Shark Rocket ZS351.
If you are familiar with the Zero-M technology, it is a comb-like feature that eliminates all pet hair saving you the trouble.
As for the standard features you expect on a stick vacuum, you can convert it to a handheld for effortless cleaning, and I believe you will also love the long 30-ft cord.
When it comes to performance, the Shark ZS351 is stupendous. It scores a perfect 100% in thorough cleaning tests and also performs flawlessly when picking large debris. On hard floors, it is exceptional thanks to the air seal system.
- It has a slim design and can get into tight spots.
- Swivel steering increases the maneuverability.
- It is a powerful vacuum.
- Has bright LED lights to illuminate dark areas.
- It is not well balanced and thus will strain your hand.
- It is awkward to store.
- It does not have a sealed system.
3. Von-Haus 2-in-1 Corded Stick and Handheld Vacuum
(Best Budget Pick)
Our two top picks for the best stick vacuum will cost an arm and a leg. Yes, they are worth it, but they are still pricey. However, I came across the Von-Haus 2-in-1, and this is a terrific machine for the price of a decent meal; not a great meal a decent meal. This begs the question though, can it compete with the pricier vacuums?
First, it is a 2-in-1, and you can use it as a handheld or an upright. Cleaning above floor areas will be a walk in the park. Second, it has a telescopic handle which you can adjust to suit your height. It also has HEPA filtration. You would think this is a standard feature, but it is not something I would expect at this price. Finally, it has a large bin, and you will not have to empty it repeatedly.
- It has a small footprint, and it can reach difficult places.
- It is affordable.
- It has a substantial bin.
- It is lightweight allowing you to work for long hours.
- It does not have a rotating brush; therefore, cleaning carpets will be a challenge.
- The accessories do not lock in place and might fall off.
- Has a short 19.5-ft cord.
4. Shark ION P50 Cordless Stick Vacuum
(Best Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum)
This is a futuristic device and engineers at Shark outdid themselves with this appliance. Shark has few cordless stick vacuums, and this is a pleasant surprise. But what does this device have to offer other than appeal? Well, a lot.
First, it has long battery life. In max power mode, it can run for 30-minutes and 55-minutes in low-power mode. Working in low-power mode is enough to pick up most debris.
As for the performance, I believe the DuoClean head will blow you away. The soft brush rolls over large debris eliminating the snowplowing. It is also in contact with the floor, and will pick-up stuck on dirt. The agitating brush, on the other hand, will deep clean carpets. By and large, it is stupendous.
I also think it is important to note that the soft roller is at the front of the head and you can clean close to furniture and walls.
- It is a powerful unit.
- It is quiet.
- It has a large dust bin.
- The battery is removable.
- It is sealed and has HEPA filtration.
- It is pricey.
5. Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum
Most of us have our reservation about Chinese made appliances. From experience, most cannot compete with domestic devices. They might be cheaper, but the quality is lower. Well, the Tineco changed my perception of Chinese made appliances. It is a versatile device and one that I believe you will love.
The Tineco A10 Hero uses a lithium-ion battery that provides fade free power. You can use the battery to the last of its power without losing cleaning power. The battery is removable, and thus you can have 2 or more for longer runtime. And speaking of runtime, it has a 25-minute battery life in low power mode, and a 7-min runtime in high power mode and it recharges in 5-hrs.
As for the cleaning path, it has a substantial 10.4-inch path, but the suction channel is 9.25-inches. Finally, it has 5-small LED lights for illuminating dark areas.
- It is exemplary on carpets and bare floors.
- Easy to empty.
- It has a HEPA filter.
- You can lock the trigger.
- You cannot lay it flat without lifting the head; therefore, getting under furniture and beds will be difficult.
6. Bissell 81L2A PowerEdge Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best Stick Vacuum For Areas With Furniture)
Affordable, versatile, remarkable edge cleaning, and lightweight. The Bissell 81L2A ticks all the right boxes for a terrific stick vacuum. Read on to learn more about this nifty machine.
First, this device has a V-shaped cleaning head that increases versatility. You can get close to furniture to pick up any dirt and debris. The V-shaped design also helps with large debris as you can direct large debris to the large suction opening at the center.
The Bissell 81L2A is perfect for pets and hard floors. If you are on the hunt for an appliance that can pick up after molting dogs on those beautiful tiles, then get this. Finally, one thinks that the V-shape will hinder edge-cleaning, but this vacuum will surprise you; it excels at edge cleaning.
- It is easy to assemble and operate.
- The swivel head and v-shape allow you to clean around the legs of your furniture.
- It is bagless and easy to empty.
- It has a short one year warranty.
- The cord is limiting at 20-ft.
- Does not have HEPA filtration.
7. Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum
(Best Value For Money)
This is a review of the Dyson V8 Absolute. Not to be confused with the animal or the motorhead. If I were to use one word to describe this device, it would be stupendous. As such, it had to be on this list of the best stick vacuums for 2020.
In terms of performance, it is unrivaled. The standard brushroll does well on carpets, whether it’s picking large or fine debris. However, it can only pick fine debris on hard floors, and that is why you have the fluffy head; it will pick up large debris with ease.
Seeing as this is cordless, you have to think of the runtime. The device has 40-minutes of continuous runtime and takes about 3.5-hrs to charge. However, in real life, you can expect longer runtime thanks to the on-demand system.
- It is well balanced.
- The Absolute is well-accessorized.
- It is compact.
- It is the best value for money.
- It is still pricey, but it is worth every shilling you will be paying.
8. Moosoo Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Stick vacuums are all the rage as they are light. However, the Moosoo is light even for stick vacuums. At 2.84-pounds, you can work with it for hours without fatigue. As such, it has to be on this list of best stick vacuums.
But what features does the Moosoo have?
First, it has a lithium-ion battery that runs for 30-minutes on standard mode and 15-minutes on max mode. Moreover, at the press of a button, you can have a handheld device for above floor cleaning.
The appliance also enhances the quality of air in your home thanks to the HEPA filter. HEPA filters trap 99.97% of pollen, dirt, and allergens, ensuring your house is clean. Finally, it has enough attachments for most cleaning tasks.
- You don’t have to keep depressing the trigger. Pull it once for standard mode, twice for max mode, and a third time for off.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It is light.
- It does not perform well on carpets.
9. Fuller Brush Spiffy Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best Stick Vacuum For Edge Cleaning)
Following on this list of best stick vacuums is the Fuller Brush Spiffy. It is not a pricey unit, but it is not as affordable as our budget pick. I say it is reasonably priced. But is it a unit you should buy?
First, it is exemplary on hard floors and edges. One shortcoming of vacuums is that they have larger heads than the cleaning paths and thus cannot get close to walls. That is not the case with the Spiffy Maid. You will also appreciate that this unit has a telescopic handle, and thus you can customize the height. Also, it enables for effortless storage.
This device also has a substantial cord. At 30-feet, you can cover most areas in one pass. Finally, it has a crevice tool that you can store on the device.
- It is reasonably priced.
- Performs well on hard floors and especially at edge cleaning.
- It has a long cord (30-ft) and a washable filter.
- It has few accessories.
- It is terrible at carpets, especially when removing pet hair.
- It is difficult to maneuver as it does not pivot.
10. Shark Rocket HV302 Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best Stick Vacuum For Hard Floors)
The HV302 is ideal for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets. Though Shark claims you can use it for high-pile carpets, I would not recommend that as it does not deep clean.
The appliance has 2-settings — one to use on carpets and the other on bare floors. In setting 1, for hard floors, it reduces the rotation of the brush to reduce the likelihood of damaging it. However, you cannot shut down the brushroll. It will rely on suction to lift the dirt, and the results are terrific.
In setting 2, the brushroll spins faster agitating dirt deeply embedded in carpets. You can also use this as a handheld device, and it comes off effortlessly. You can clean upholstery and other tight spots. However, using the wand in handheld mode stood out for me. It allows you to reach high places such as ceilings and stairs.
- It picks pet hair effortlessly.
- It is powerful.
- It is easy to store.
- The cord is long, and you don’t have to change outlets.
- You cannot remove the bin from the central unit. You have to unplug it when going to empty. The canister also happens to be small.
11. Hoover Linx SH20030 Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best Low-Cost Stick Vacuum For Carpets)
Following on this list of the best stick vacuums is the Hoover SH20030. Hoover has carved a niche for affordable vacuums, and the SH20030 is no exception.
The first feature that allows it to be on this list is the strong suction. Thanks to the multi-cyclone technology, it can pick up debris on hard floors with ease. Next, it has a powered brushroll and getting cleaning carpets will be a walk in the park. It will get rid of deeply embedded dirt.
Another remarkable feature is the extreme recline handle. You can lower the appliance allowing you to get into tight spots such as under furniture. However, the large bin gets in the way. It is also great for edge cleaning thanks to the edge bristles and has non-marring wheels for anyone willing to take the extra precaution to protect their hard floors.
- It is affordable.
- It has a clear caniste, so you know when to empty.
- Remarkable for edge-cleaning.
- It swivels thus easy to maneuver.
- It does not have a HEPA filter.
- The bin is smal, so you have to empty regularly.
12. Tineco A10 Master Cordless Stick Vacuum
(Best Stick Vacuum With The Longest Runtime)
The Tineco A10 Master has a minimal design which gives it a sleek, light appearance. It is a cordless unit, and you can carry it anywhere.
Unlike the Hero, the Master has 50-minutes of runtime, which is enough for any cleaning task. It retails with two batteries and thus has a combined runtime of 100-minutes. Remarkable, right?
However, it does not have a fade-free design, and it will lose power as the batteries drain.
As for ease of use, you will love that that it is light at 2.87-pounds. It is slightly bulky than our lightest device, but the difference is not noticeable. Moreover, it is possible to lock the on-switch, so you don’t have to depress it to clean. Finally, it is powerful, with 110 air watts of suction.
- It is quiet
- It has LED lights for illuminating dimly lit areas.
- It is a fully sealed system and great for allergic persons.
- It is perfect for pet liter.
- There have been some concerns about quality control where the company sold damaged batteries.
13. Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum
(Most Affordable Dyson Stick Vacuum)
Dyson vacuums have a loyal fan base. And they rightfully should thanks to the quality and the unmatched performance. If you are part of this cult-like following, then get the Dyson V6 as it is the most affordable Dyson Stick vacuum.
First, you have 20-minutes of runtime, and though it is limited, the on-demand trigger design ensures that the battery is only used when cleaning. The unit also doubles as a handheld vacuum for above floor cleaning.
As for power, the Dyson V6 packs quite the punch. It can pick up pet hair and other debris with ease. It has two cleaner heads, the direct drive for carpets and the soft-roller brush is for hard floors. The latter is also great with large debris.
You can use it to clean upholstery, and the articulating pet hair tool enables you to clean tight curves. Finally, it has HEPA filtration trapping pollutants and allergens.
- For a Dyson, it is affordable.
- Changing accessories is a walk in the park.
- It is lightweight.
- It is robust.
- The device has many crevices where dirt gathers.
14. Black + Decker HCUA525JP Cordless Stick Vacuum
(Best Smart Stick Vacuum)
If you are on the hunt for a smart stick vacuum but one that is reasonably priced, I recommend you get the Black + Decker HCUA525JP. You could get the Dyson V11, but that will cost you more than a fortune.
The HCUA525JP is packed with smart features. First, it has an autosense feature for cleaning hard floors and carpets. You can move between the two seamlessly. It also has a Battersense for when the battery is running low, and a filtersense for when you are to clean the filter. Yes, it is the entire package.
As for the cleaning head, it has anti-tangle rubber bristles that will lift hair but will not allow it to collect on the brushroll. Finally, it has a dust-compactor that enables it to hold more dirt than standard vacuums.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It is well-accessorized.
- The vacuum is easy to assemble.
- The user guide is ridiculous.
15. Eureka NES210 Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best Stick Vacuum For Stairs)
Finally, I will end this list of best stick vacuums with these low-cost Eureka. We all appreciate quality, inexpensive appliances, and the NES210 is one such device. It costs a fraction of the cost of most units here, but it has top performance.
First, you will love that this is a 3-in-1 unit and there area ton of things you can do with it. First, it is a standard stick vacuum for floor cleaning. It converts to a handheld device for above floor cleaning, and finally, you can use it as a stirs cleaner. The latter involves attaching the cleaning head to the handheld unit for increased maneuverability.
Another exciting feature of this appliance is Eureka’s signature swivel steering that increases the ease of use. It is also a lightweight unit at only 4-pounds, and it has a substantial cleaning path of 9.44-inches.
- It stands upright and thus is simpler to store.
- It has a large particle channel for picking up large debris.
- It is light, and you can work for long hours with ease.
- The cord is short at 18-feet, and you have to change outlets when cleaning.
Cordless Stick Vacuum Buying Guide
Now that you know some of the best stick vacuums in the market, you should know what to look for.
Corded or Cordless
When on the hunt for the best stick vacuums, you can expect to find corded and cordless units. Whichever you pick is up to you, but here are some of the pros and cons of each.
Starting with cordless, they tend to limit you with the runtime. You can only use them for so long before you have to charge them, and most take at least 3.5-hrs to charge. Moreover, most cordless stick vacuums are pricey. Take a look at the Dyson V10; it costs a fortune as do most of the cordless.
However, it is not all doom and gloom. Cordless vacuums are easier to maneuver. There is no cord to get wrapped around house items, and you are not tethered to an outlet.
As for corded vacuums, well, you are tethered, and you have to change outlets when moving from one area to the next. Moreover, you can trip, the cord wraps around things, and it is a pain to deal with. Nevertheless, corded stick vacuums are more affordable than cordless units.
What Do You Need It For?
Before you purchase a stick vacuum, it is best to have an idea of what you will need it for. Are you on the hunt for a device that can clean boats and car interiors as well as house floors? Do you want a vacuum that works on hard floors, on carpets, or both?
Answering these questions will help you narrow down. For hard floors, I recommend the Bissell 81L2A, or the Dyson V8 and V10 absolute. The Bissell is excellent as it does not have a brushroll that can damage your floors. The Dyson Absolute is ideal thanks to the fluffy head.
If you want to clean carpets, get an appliance with a brushroll such as the Shark ION P50 with DuoClean.
Compare the Dyson V10 Absolute and the Eureka NES210. The former has a slew of appliances from a mini-motorized tool for furniture, a crevice tool, dusting brush, and two cleaning heads. The latter — the Eureka NES210 —, on the other hand, retails with only the crevice tool. Though the Eureka is affordable but not as versatile as the Dyson.
If you want a resourceful stick vacuum, then get one with a slew of accessories.
Cord Length or Runtime
Finally, consider the cord length or the runtime of the stick vacuum. The Dyson V10 will run continuously for 60-minutes, the Dyson V6 for 20-minutes and the Tineco A10 Hero for 25 minutes. I cannot presume to know the runtime you require, but I recommend investing in a unit with a longer runtime for a pleasant experience.
As for the cord, get a stick vacuum with a substantial cable. With a long cable, you can clean large areas without having to change outlets.
Before I wind up, allow me to answer some common questions about stick vacuums. From if they are worth it to how to maintain your batteries.
Stick vacuums still have a long way to go before they can usurp upright and canister vacuums as the best for houses, but they are still suitable for small tasks. The vacuum above are the best stick vacuums in the market, and I am confident you will find one that meets your needs. Please leave a comment below if you feel there is something I missed.