Since vinyl siding came to the fore in the 1950s, they have risen to become one of the most preferred when it comes to home architecture. Thanks to the advent of technology, vinyl siding is not only aesthetically pleasing and durable, but it is also easy to maintain.
All you need is a high-pressure power washer and an excellent vinyl siding cleaner that will make your home always look as good as new! With just these, you have the ultimate method to rid your home vinyl siding of mold, dirt, and other unsightly debris.
Why Should You Purchase a Vinyl Siding Cleaner?
Nothing beats pulling up to a stunning sight of your home looking like perhaps the best on the street. You will have to agree that this is only possible when you practice good hygiene.
From regularly mowing the lawns to making sure that the vinyl sidings remain clean at all times, keeping your home in tip-top shape may prove a bit difficult. This is because it exhausts time and money, which may cause many to disregard cleaning their vinyl siding.
This is, however, a wrong move! You should find a vinyl siding cleaner that will fit your criteria and just get to cleaning! Here on, you will find that I have reviewed 15 vinyl siding cleaners.
Whether you are looking for something to fit a tight budget or something best for fungal growth, this list is sure to help quicken your search.
What Are The Best Vinyl Siding Cleaners To Buy?
Hereon are the products I have reviewed and thus recommend for you. This list is based on each product’s most attractive features and will help you streamline your search.
The best vinyl siding cleaner I favor the most is the Mold Armor. The most budget-friendly vinyl siding cleaner should be the Scotts. If you are looking for the best vinyl siding cleaner for pressure water, you can opt for the Zep.
- Best Overall: Mold Armor FG51164 E-Z House Wash
“This product is my top pick for that cleaner best suited for use in a pressure washer. It is also up to par when it comes to the basic functions of a cleaner.”
- Best Budget: Scotts FBA 51501 Concentrate Plus OxiClean Outdoor Cleaner
“This cleaner offers you great value for your money! At a very affordable price, you get 2.5 liters of the product. An offer like that is hard to find.”
- Best For Multiple Outdoor Surfaces: Wet and Forget 800003 Stain Remover
“If you own a large yard and are more concerned about getting a cleaner that will serve as a wash for multiple surfaces, then this Wet and Forget product is a go-to.”
- Best Vinyl Protector: Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner Concentrate
“Keeping your home vinyl siding sparkling clean while preventing it from fading off may be a tasking job, but with the Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner Concentrate, there is no stressing.”
- Best for Pressure Water: Zep House and Siding Pressure Wash Cleaner
“The Zep House Wash is not only a good vinyl siding cleaner, but it also works quickly and efficiently to clean out gutters no matter the nature of the dirt.”
- Best for All Home Sidings: Vinyl Renu Siding Restorer Kit
“A powerful cleaner kit with water-based ingredients and patented UV protection that can restore the color of all home sidings.”
- Best For Mold and Mildew: Star Brite Remover + Cleaner for Vinyl Siding
“Looking for a vinyl siding cleaner for the unsightly mass of mold and mildew on your home vinyl siding? I recommend this Star Brite product.’
- Best Eco-Friendly: Simple Green House and Siding Pressure Washer Cleaner
“Buy this Simple Green cleaner, and you can rest assured that you are not doing environmental damage of any kind.”
- Best All-Rounder: RMR-86 Instant Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover
“Think of any stain on your vinyl siding – or whatever siding you may have – and the RMR-86 clears it off in a short while!”
- Best Long-Lasting: Moldex 7030 Instant House Wash
“Cleaning your vinyl siding is a chore that may be done annually or maybe for shorter, depending on your preference. Either way, there is nothing that beats a cleaner like the Moldex 7030 Instant House Wash that has long-lasting effects.”
- Best for Landscaping Use: Home Armor FG503 E-Z House Wash
“Need a cleaner that will work productively and still pose no harm to your beautiful landscaping? The Home Armor FG503 E-Z House Wash is a good choice!”
- Best for Beginners: Spray & Forget Revolutionary Roof Cleaner Concentrate
“This concentrate comes in the “spray and forget” unit, much commonly recommended for people who are new to cleaning their home’s vinyl siding independently.”
- Best UVR Protector: 303 Products 30307 UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl Siding
“When it comes to caring for your home’s vinyl siding, it is essential to know that protecting it from harsh ultraviolet rays is just as important as cleaning. The 303 (30307) UV Protectant Spray does both of these.”
- Best Fast-Acting: RMR 86 Pro Complete Mold Killer & Remover DIY Bundle
“RMR overdid themselves with this simple DAY bundle that contains some of their most popular products, RMR 86 and RMR 141. Not only does this combo work effectively, but it also works very fast!”
- Best Kid-Friendly: Granite Gold Daily Cleaner Spray – Streak-Free Stone Cleaning Formula
“The Granite Gold Cleaner is best used in family homes that have children. This product is certified safe for use among children and grown adults, thanks to the absence of toxic chemicals amongst its ingredients.”
Vinyl Siding Cleaner Comparison Chart 2021
Below is a list of the fifteen best vinyl siding cleaners. At a glance, this comparison chart will give you an inkling of what to expect as you start your search for the product that is most perfect for you.
|Best Vinyl Siding Cleaners||Product Application||Product Volume|
|Wet and Forget 800003 Moss Mold Mildew & Algae Stain Remover - Best For Multiple Outdoor Surfaces||Spray and Forget||1 pound|
|Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner Concentrate - Best Vinyl Protector||Through Sprayer or Pressure Washer||1 gallon|
|Zep House and Siding Pressure Wash Cleaner - Best For Pressure Washer||Pressure Washer||128 ounces|
|Scotts FBA 51501 Concentrate Plus Oxi Clean Outdoor Cleaner - Best Budget||Through Sprayer or Pressure Washer||2.5 gallon|
|Vinyl Renu Siding Restorer Kit - Best For All Home Sidings||Sprayer||1 gallon|
|Star Brite Mold & Mildew Stain Remover + Cleaner for Vinyl Siding - Best for Mold and Mildew||Sprayer||1 gallon|
|Simple Green House and Siding Pressure Washer Cleaner - Best Eco-Friendly||Pressure Washer||1 gallon|
|RMR-86 Instant Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover - Best All-Rounder||Sprayer||1 gallon|
|Mold Armor FG51164 E-Z House Wash - Best Overall||Pressure Washer and Sprayer||64 ounces|
|Moldex 7030 Instant House Wash - Best Long-Lasting||Pressure Washer and Sprayer||56 ounces|
|Home Armor FG503 E-Z House Wash - Best For Landscaping Use||Spray and Forget||1 gallon|
|Spray & Forget Revolutionary Roof Cleaner Concentrate - Best for Beginners||Spray and Forget||1 Gallon|
|303 (30307) UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl Siding - Best UVR Protector||Sprayer||16 ounces|
|RMR 86 Pro Complete Mold Killer & Remover DIY Bundle - Best Fast-Acting||Spray and Forget||32 ounces|
|Granite Gold Daily Cleaner Spray – Streak-Free Stone Cleaning Formula - Best Kid-Friendly||Sprayer||24 ounces per pack|
The Top 15 Best Vinyl Siding Cleaners Reviews 2021
On starting your search for a vinyl siding cleaner for your home, you will discover that there is a myriad of products on the market. To avoid woe tales after making a purchase, whether online or in a walk-in store, it is vital that you check out product reviews.
Read on to find mine for 15 best vinyl siding cleaners I found productive while on my search for the ideal product as a homeowner bothered by the unappealing appearance of my vinyl home siding.
1. Wet and Forget 800003 Moss Mold Mildew & Algae Stain Remover
(Best For Multiple Outdoor Surfaces)
My first recommendation is the Wet and Forget 800003 Moss Mold Mildew & Algae Stain Remover. This cleaner can clean a wide range of surfaces; this includes stone columns, concrete pathways, vinyl siding, and many more others.
If you have a large yard, it is a good idea to go with a product that can be used to clean many outdoor surfaces. From stone columns, concrete pathways to vinyl siding, this cleaner efficiently tackles it all.
A bonus to buying this product is that it is not toxic and, thus, did no damage to my garden after application.
However, I made sure to follow the manufacturer’s advice to wet the plants before starting the application.
The one disadvantage I have found about using this product is that it should not be applied inside your home because of the harsh chemical odor it gives off. Check out this short video review.
- Gentle Spray & Leave Cleaner
- Contains biocide that cuts through the grime easily
- Non-caustic, non-acidic, bleach-free.
- Safe for all surfaces
|Brand||Wet and Forget|
|Surface Type||Vinyl siding, roof, and other outdoor surfaces|
|Eliminates||Algae, moss, lichen, mold, and mildew|
- Can be used on multiple surfaces
- Works efficiently to clean grime
- Poses no danger to vegetation
- Not applicable indoors
2. Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner Concentrate
(Best Vinyl Protector)
Next up is the Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner Concentrate, which I recommend if you are looking for a product that will make your home vinyl siding last longer.
This product protects your vinyl siding from fading off as it weakens over a long duration of exposure to the atmosphere. This product is also a heavy-duty cleaner, which means it tackles many kinds of dirt.
It contains one gallon of formula concentrate; it is versatile and poses no damage to your vinyl siding, leaving only a long-lasting brightening effect. Check out this video review if you need more persuasion.
- To be applied by hand, spraying, or through a pressure washer
- Heavy-duty cleaner
- Multipurpose: cleaner and degreaser
- Protects vinyl siding from fading away quickly
|Surface Type||Can be used on multiple surfaces, including metal|
|Eliminates||Stains, tough grease, and grime|
- Can be used on multiple surfaces
- Can be applied using a pressure washer
- Does not effectively clean “caked-on” mold
3. Zep House and Siding Pressure Wash Cleaner
(Best for Pressure Washer)
The Zep House & Siding pressure wash cleaner efficiently removed the longstanding dirt on my vinyl siding on just one use. Albeit unintentional, I found that this product was the perfect fit to remove the grime that filled the gutter about my home.
This is not a surprise considering that this product is from one of America’s reputable manufacturers. It can be applied to a large variety of home siding types aside from vinyl, which gives it the “multipurpose” label.
However, it is essential to note that this product was specially designed to be used in a pressure washer. For simple tips on how best to use your pressure washer, watch this video.
- Professional-grade formulation
- Can be applied on vinyl, aluminum, brick, stucco, and wood sidings.
- Can be diluted to make 20 gallons!
- Should only be used with a pressure washer
|Surface Type||Aluminum, brick, stucco, vinyl, and wood sidings.|
|Eliminates||Hard to remove stains, including grease and gutter grime.|
- Offers excellent value for money
- Efficiently cleans off gutter grime
- Can cover 5000 square feet
- Its mild formula does not effectively get rid of mold and moss.
4. Scotts FBA 51501 Concentrate Plus OxiClean Outdoor Cleaner
Buy the Scotts FBA 51501 Concentrate Plus OxiClean Outdoor Cleaner, and you need not worry about breaking your budget plans. It is the most affordable cleaning product for vinyl siding I have used thus far.
This Scotts product offers value that is much more than many other products on the market. It comes in a 2.5-gallon bottle, which can be diluted to make up to 25 gallons of solution ready for use.
It also comes in varying sizes so that you can choose whichever fits your pocket best! The solution can be applied by spraying onto the vinyl siding or through a pressure washer.
Watch this short video for a review of this product.
- Safe for use in the garden
- Free of chlorine bleach and phosphates
- Can be sprayed or used in a pressure washer
- Cleans off moss, mold grime, and algae
|Surface Type||Cement, stone, wood, wood composite, brick, and all home siding types.|
|Eliminates||Stains caused by moss, mold, mildew, algae, and more|
- Comes in various sizes
- Poses no damage to plants (eco-friendly)
- Can be applied with a pressure washer
- Too mild for a hard crust of dirt
5. Vinyl Renu Siding Restorer Kit
(Best for All Home Sidings)
This kit includes a one-gallon siding restorer and a powerful concentrated cleaner to serve all your needs. The siding restorer is ideal for bringing back the color and luster of only your faded vinyl sidings but also metal sidings or roofings, Hardie board, and even stucco.
In case you want to remove the dirt, oxidation, or green stains on the wall, you can use the powerful concentrated cleaner. Since this product is made of water-based ingredients, it is both user-friendly and strong.
Thanks to the seal-healing technology, this product penetrates deeply and reverses the weathered surface’s aging. Want to make your house look like new? Purchase this product and put an end to annual maintenance!
- Powerful cleaner kit
- Water-based ingredients
- Patented UV protection
|Surface Type||All sidings|
|Eliminates||White chalkiness, green stains, black spots, grease, and dirt|
- Ideal for multiple surfaces
- Restore the color of all home sidings
- Penetrate, condition, and protect
- Effortless to apply
- Not very ideal for cleaning the deck, but it still delivers excellent results on other surfaces.
6. Star Brite Mold & Mildew Stain Remover Cleaner for Vinyl Siding
(Best For Mold and Mildew)
This product is yet another one from a top brand. It is a sure recommendation for battling the mold, mildew, and moss that may have caked over your home vinyl siding, thus making it unappealing.
The Star Brite cleaner is made of a strong-acting basic formula that contains bleach, lye, and surfactants. It is almost no wonder that it worked effectively to clean the tough stains on my vinyl siding.
The one kink to using this product is that it CANNOT be applied through a pressure washer. For tips on how best to manage the unsightly growth on your home siding, check this video.
- Cleaner for tough stains
- Should ONLY be used in a sprayer
- Should not be diluted (pre-diluted)
- Comes in varying sizes (22 oz, 32 oz, or a 1-gallon bottle)
|Item Form||Spray/ Liquid/ Concentrated|
|Surface Type||Vinyl siding|
|Eliminates||Stains caused by all fungal growths|
- Best for caked mold
- Comes in different volumes
- Efficiently cleans off tough stains, mold, mildew, and moss
- Cannot be used through a pressure washer
7. Simple Green House and Siding Pressure Washer Cleaner
Next up is another Simple Green product on my cleaner. This time I have chosen one of their products for its eco-friendly label.
Much like their name implies, Simple Green designed biodegradable products, and that pose no harm to nature in any way. This makes it a sure recommendation for passionate environmentalists.
This multipurpose product does not contain any harsh chemicals, and the US EPA Safer Product Standards have certified it as one safe to use.
- Made with a mild formula
- Designed for use in a pressure washer
|Surface type||Vinyl and other home siding types|
|Eliminates||Grease and fungal growths|
- Eco-friendly label
- Great value for money
- Safe for use around pet and children
- Tough stains persist after use
8. RMR-86 Instant Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover
The RMR-86 Instant Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover is a special one. I have deemed it an “all-rounder” because it meets all the basic requirements of a vinyl siding cleaner and offers excellent value.
Within mere seconds of application and subsequent scrubbing, the RMR-86 cleaned my home siding of the deep-set stains that other cleaners I had tried could not clean!
Aside from this, this product can be applied on any surface. From vinyl home sidings to tiles, wood, and concrete, the RMR-86 suits all! However, I advise that you use protective eye goggles before using this product because its potent formula can cause you to tear up.
Need any more convincing about the RMR-86? Check this short video.
- Plant-based product
- Unique formula removes tough stains in seconds
- Use on multiple surfaces
- For cleaning inside and outside the home
|Surface Type||All home siding types|
|Eliminates||Mold and Mildew stains|
- Leaves no residue after application
- Tough formula cleans deep-set stains and mold in seconds.
- Can be used inside homes
- Harsh smell
9. Mold Armor FG51164 E-Z House Wash Hose-End Sprayer
The Mold Armor FG51164 E-Z House Wash is my top recommendation for use in a pressure washer. While the use of sprayers to apply cleaning products on vinyl sidings is widespread, there is nothing that beats the ease of using a pressure washer.
However, not all products can be applied through this machine. If you are one after the ease of application as well as efficiency, then I recommend using this Mild Armor cleaner with a pressure washer.
Within minutes of application, you get clean sidings that will make your home look as good as new! New to pressure washers? Check out this informational video.
- Works on vinyl, concrete, aluminum, and wood
- Twice stronger cleaning formula
- Best for use in a pressure washer
|Surface Type||Vinyl, concrete, aluminum, and wood home siding types|
|Eliminates||Stains caused by dirt, mold, mildew and algae|
- Easy to use
- Tackles hard-to-remove stains, mildew, and mold
- Works well with just a hose
- Takes a couple of tries to get rid of all stains
10. Moldex 7030 Instant House Wash
Next up is the Moldex 7030 Instant House Wash, which gave instant results when I used it to clean my home vinyl siding. It also cleaned deep-sea stains left by mold and algae, which is no surprise considering that its manufacturers boast its advanced formula.
What makes the Moldex 7030 unique is that it left my vinyl siding looking clean for a very long time. If you are a newbie to this, you will come to find that cleaning your home’s vinyl siding is so strenuous that it can be a daily chore if you are doing it independently.
This is why there is a need to buy a cleaner that has long-lasting cleaning and brightening effects on your vinyl siding. I recommend this Moldex product that features an active cling technology that allows the cleaning agent to hold on to the surface for a long time.
Watch this video for more information about the product.
- Breaks down mold, algae, and mildew quickly
- Comes with a spray bottle
- Easy to apply
- Can also be used in a pressure washer
|Surface Type||Wood, vinyl, brick, and stone siding.|
|Eliminates||Tough stains caused by mildew, mold, algae, fungus, and moss.|
- Easy to use
- Made of 100% recycled plastic
- Instant result with no scrubbing required
- Easily cleans off mold, algae, etc
- May leave residue
11. Home Armor FG503 E-Z House Wash
(Best for Landscaping Use)
The Home Armor FG503 E-Z House Wash is my recommendation for people who have gardens or landscaping. It is biodegradable and safe to use in a large area with ko fear of causing harm to your plants or damaging the soil.
This product can be used to get rid of algae and mold on many outdoor surfaces. To apply, all you need is a sprayer. Thanks to the strength of the product’s formula, there is no need for a hard scrub before you see its cleaning effects.
I used this product over a small surface, but it is marketed that one gallon can cover up to 2,000 square feet in just ten minutes.
Watch this video for how best to use these cleaners over a large surface effectively.
- Works well on multiple surfaces
- Tackles deep-set soil stains
- Easy to use
- Does not require scrubbing
|Surface Type||Vinyl, aluminum, and wood siding.
Brick, stucco, concrete, decks, fences, etc.
|Eliminates||Tough soil stains, mildew, mold, and algae stains.|
- Eco-friendly and thus safe to use on landscaping and garden
- Cover 2000 square feet
- Easy to apply
- No spray nozzle
12. Spray & Forget Revolutionary Roof Cleaner Concentrate
(Best for Beginners)
The Spray & Forget Revolutionary Roof Cleaner Concentrate is my top pick for the easiest product to use for cleaning vinyl sidings. Much like its name implies, this product is designed to be sprayed onto large surfaces like rooftops and home siding, thus the ease of application.
Merely spraying the product over growing mold and mildew will dissolve them in minutes and leave your home looking beautiful. It can work on any surface and poses no harm to the environment.
Here is a video that briefly explains the mechanism of spray-to-use vinyl siding cleaners.
- Recommended for cleaning rooftops and large spaces
- Easy to apply
- A 1-gallon bottle is enough to make 10 gallons
|Brand||Spray & Forget Revolutionary|
|Surface Type||All outdoor surfaces|
|Eliminates||Stains caused by dirt, mildew, mold, algae, moss, and lichen.|
- Long-lasting effects
- It can clean up to 2000 sq. ft.
- Does not require scrubbing
- May not clear out all mold and algae on one use
13. 303 (30307) UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl Siding
(Best UVR Protector)
This product protects your vinyl siding from ultraviolet rays that may cause it to weaken over time. This product is also a heavy-duty cleaner, which means it tackles many kinds of dirt.
The product is versatile because it can be used on just about any surface – including inside and outside cars! It does no damage to your surfaces and only leaves them with a long-lasting, brightening effect.
Check out this short video review of the product.
- Can be used on multiple surfaces
- Prevents cracking, discoloration, and fading
- Offers resistance to UVR
|Surface Type||Vinyl, Plastic, Rubber, Fiberglass, Leather|
|Eliminates||Dirt and grime|
- Protects home siding from UVR
- Offers a non-greasy look after use
- Leaves surfaces with a beautiful matte finish
14. RMR 86 Pro Complete Mold Killer & Remover DIY Bundle
This biodegradable product is a 2-in-1 bundle that gives your vinyl siding long-lasting protection from fungal growth. It includes the RMR-86, which I have already reviewed above, and the RMR-141 RTU.
The RMR-86 is the cleaning agent, while the latter is an EPA-certified fungicide, disinfectant, and sanitizer. It is no wonder that the effects of applying the RMR 86, RMR-141 RTU cleaning solution is visible in a few seconds.
This product is also straightforward to use thanks to it being a spray and forget type and can be used inside and outside homes.
However, the most alluring feature of the product is that it helps to prevent the growth of unsightly mold. Need tips on how to prevent mold growth over your home sidings? Check this video.
- Spray and forget type vinyl siding cleaner
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Works in under 15 seconds
|Surface Type||All outdoor surfaces|
- Easy to use
- Includes disinfect and sanitizer properties
- Works very fast
15. Granite Gold Daily Cleaner Spray – Streak-Free Stone Cleaning Formula
Finally, a kid-friendly product on the list.
The Granite Gold cleaning formula is best known for being suitable for use amongst humans and even most especially children.
There are no harmful side effects to using these products; it is non-toxic and non-acidic, so I recommend it for the family owners. Much like its name hints at, this product can also be used to clean stone floors. Watch this short video for more information about the product.
- Biodegradable and kid-friendly
- Comes in three packs
- Made in America
|Surface type||Kitchen and all outdoor surfaces including home siding types|
|Eliminates||Spills and soil stains|
- Can be used on numerous surfaces
- Excellent, streak-free result
- Non-toxic and non-acidic
- pH balanced and safe to use
- May leave residues after application.
Things to Look out for When Buying Vinyl Siding Cleaners
Now harmed with a review of 15 vinyl siding cleaners, the next important thing to go through is my list of crucial things to note while choosing one of these products.
- Consider your time: Cleaning vinyl siding is no easy task because it consumes a lot of time and money. It is usually an annual or biannual chore, but you can make it easy and enjoyable by choosing a fast-acting cleaner.
- Ease of applying: Before buying a vinyl siding cleaner, it is crucial to note if it is a “spray and forget” type or one that would require scrubbing after application.
- Consider if the product is safe for the environment and you and your family: The importance of this point can’t be overstressed because using a product that contains harsh chemicals may pose a danger to the environment and human well-being.
- Consider the type of siding you want to use the product for: There are different siding types, and there are just as many different cleaning products that are best suited to each of them.
- Consider your budget: If you do not have a budget, I suggest that you draw one ASAP. This helps to streamline your search and avoid unnecessary expenses. Also, while it is crucial to catch great deals on the market, never forget to check the quality of the product.
Here are a few popular questions that arise when it comes to the subject of finding the most suitable vinyl siding cleaner based on each person’s tastes and needs for it.
My Top Pick
Almost expectedly, I chose all-rounder RMR-86 Instant Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover is my top pick. There is no going wrong with this product.
It is safe for the environment, poses no harm to human health, and thoroughly cleans fungal growths from vinyl siding and a wide range of surfaces. Buy the RMR-86, and you will not regret it!