Do you have pets and children and you know how difficult it is to clean the mess behind them? It’s true, you love your furry friends more than you hate stains and disorder. Well, forget about those odors that never left your house.
This particular problem happens to all people who have pet friends, but luckily, there are lots of enzyme carpet cleaners to solve the issue.
As such, forget about the homemade enzyme cleaners for dog or cat urine as I have gathered the top 15 best enzymatic cleaners on the market perfect for you.
There is always an endless battle of man versus stains, but you can start winning this game by purchasing the best products for your house. Not only they will remove all those stinky stains, but they also neutralize the odors in a jiffy.
Forget about the fight with chemical cleaners, as they are so unhealthy for your health and environment.
If you have pets and children around the home, this article will help you choose the best weapon against stains, which is the best enzyme cleaner.
- Why Choose an Enzyme Cleaner?
- What is the Best Enzyme Cleaner?
- Best Enzyme Cleaners Comparison Chart
- Best Enzyme Cleaner Product Reviews
- 1. Rocco & Roxie Supply Co 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 2. Nature's Miracle P-98151 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 3. Nature's Miracle 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
- 4. Stuart Pet Supply Co. 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
- 5. Simple Green 32 oz. & 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
- 6. Sunny & Honey 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 7. Furniture Clinic 17 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 8. E.J. WHEATON CO. 20 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 9. SKOUT'S HONOR 64 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 10. Stink Free 128 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 11. Nature's Miracle Laundry 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 12. FDC 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
- 13. TriNova 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
- 14. Green Gobbler Toilet 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner
- 15. Green Gobbler 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner
- Best Enzyme Cleaners - Your Buying Guide
- My Top Pick
Why Choose an Enzyme Cleaner?
So far so good, but why choose an enzymatic cleaner and not prepare a homemade one? Well, first of all, because the enzymatic cleaners leverage a great power in removing the most stubborn stains and odors you have in your house.
Also, this cleaning process comes with zero toxic contamination in your house. Moreover, the enzymatic detergents will be very gentle on the fabrics.
There are lots of cat lovers, but if you are like me, an obsessive-compulsive-disorder-like person, and you had enough with pet pee and poop stains, well, consider picking the best carpet cleaner for old pet urine for you.
So, the enzymatic cleaners are those types of cleaning products that use enzymes in the process of breaking down all the stubborn stains. Enzymes are macromolecular biological catalysts which cause the chemical reactions.
As a result, in the enzymatic cleaners, the process will remove even the oldest stains and odors.
This being said, here are the top reasons why you should give a try to this product:
- Eco-Friendly: enzyme cleaners are all eco-friendly since they contain only non-toxic ingredients that make them safe for the environment.
- Non-toxic: one of the main features of the enzymatic cleaners is that they do not have any chemical formulation. Moreover, they are biodegradable and also harmless.
- Deep cleaning: the enzymatic cleaners are doing their work slowly and so they work. But the results will be amazing and you will appreciate them. The cleaning will be in-depth, therefore, the ingredients will sip the mess even from the tiniest crevices.
- Long-lasting action: I guess this is the best part, and it refers to the cleaning action that does not stop even after you rinse the product. Those smart enzymes will stay there behind and will work for 24 hours in order to remove all the odor and dirt.
What is the Best Enzyme Cleaner?
Here are the main highlights of each product I have reviewed:
- Best Overall: Rocco & Roxie Supply Co 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“One of the best enzyme cleaners on the market comes with a spray applicator that makes it so easy to use.”
- Best Budget: Nature's Miracle P-98151 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“For little money, you get a great product, even for the old odors from pet urine. With this one little goes a long way.”
- Best for Dog Urine: Nature's Miracle 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
“You get a lot of enzyme cleaner for this price. Great as a cleaner supply and the best when it comes to cleaning dog urine.”
- Best for Pet Urine: Stuart Pet Supply Co. 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
“The scent of this cleaner is so fresh and clean. After you use it, your home will smell so good and fresh. Great for potty training periods.”
- Best for Cat Urine: Simple Green 32 oz. & 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
“Cat pee doesn’t smell nice but if you spray this directly on the pet stain and leave it like 1 minute, the floors remain all clean with minimum effort.”
- Best for Vomit: Sunny & Honey 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“This enzyme cleaner can clean even the very old stains on your favorite carpet. This includes even the nasty vomit stains.”
- Best for Human Urine: Furniture Clinic 17 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“Cleans so good, it is simply amazing. And you don’t even need to rub it over the stain. It is great if you have a young child around or a very old person in the house.”
- Best for Carpet: E.J. WHEATON CO. 20 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“Probably one of the most efficient products for cleaning carpets, this enzyme cleaner can remove even on the oldest stains.”
- Best Odor Remover: SKOUT'S HONOR 64 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“Sometimes the urine odor from your pet can be so persistent, but this cleaner will effectively remove it.”
- Best for Mattress: Stink Free 128 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“When you have a puppy, it can pee even on your bed because accidents can happen. Luckily, this enzyme cleaner will remove the smell of pet urine along with the stains.”
- Best for Laundry: Nature's Miracle Laundry 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“You can use it next to the detergent and it will be able to clean all your dirty laundry with ease.”
- Best for Pipes: FDC 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
“The formula is quite special. It is easy to use and works even with cold water.”
- Best Natural Enzyme Cleaner: TriNova 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
“The organic ingredients work very well, and you won’t mind using it around your cat and kids.”
- Best for Toilets: Green Gobbler Toilet 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner
“It contains no toxins, yet it does a perfect job in plowing through any clog.”
- Best for Drains: Green Gobbler 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner
“A great drainer, even for the oily clogs. Very good to have in the house.”
Best Enzyme Cleaners Comparison Chart
Take a look at this chart. Here you will see all the enzymatic cleaners I have selected for today and the categories that differentiate them. It’s time for making your own idea about each of them. Then go to the reviews and see my experience with every product on the list.
|Rocco & Roxie Supply Co 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best Overall||Rocco & Roxie Supply Co||5 x 2 x 10 inches||2 pounds||32 oz.|
|Nature's Miracle P-98151 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best Budget||Nature's Miracle||3 x 3 x 9 inches||2 pounds||32 oz.|
|Nature's Miracle 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Dog Urine||Nature's Miracle||7.6 x 5.1 x 12.2 inches||8 pounds||1 gal|
|Stuart Pet Supply Co. 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Pet Urine||Stuart Pet Supply Co.||6 x 6.5 x 12.5 inches||8.6 pounds||1 gal.|
|Simple Green 32 oz. & 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Cat Urine||Simple Green||10.8 x 5.2 x 12 inches||11.81 pounds||32 oz. & 1 gal.|
|Sunny & Honey 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Vomit||Sunny & Honey||10.7 x 4.9 x 2.9 inches||2.3 pounds||32 oz.|
|Furniture Clinic 17 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Human Urine||Furniture Clinic||Not specified||1.32 pounds||17 oz.|
|E.J. WHEATON CO. 20 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Carpet||E.J. WHEATON CO.||2.8 x 2.8 x 9.2 inches||1.6 pounds||20 oz.|
|SKOUT'S HONOR 64 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best Odor Remover||SKOUT'S HONOR||Not Specified||4.5 pounds||64 oz.|
|Stink Free 128 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Mattress||Stink Free||9.8 x 4.7 x 12.8 inches||8 pounds||128 oz.|
|Nature's Miracle Laundry 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Laundry||Nature's Miracle||5 x 2.4 x 11.3 inches||2.45 pounds||32 oz.|
|FDC 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Pipes||FDC||12.8 x 5.5 x 5.4 inches||8.5 pounds||1 gal|
|TriNova 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner - Best Natural Enzyme Cleaner||TriNova||Not specified||2.3 pounds||32 oz.|
|Green Gobbler Toilet 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Toilet||Green Gobbler||13.5 x 6 x 6 inches||3 pounds||1 gal|
|Green Gobbler 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner - Best for Drains||Green Gobbler||10 x 5 x 5 inches||8.55 pounds||1 gal|
Best Enzyme Cleaner Product Reviews
I took my time and wrote down the pros, cons, and personal experience with each enzymatic cleaner. Read them carefully and find your favorite one.
1. Rocco & Roxie Supply Co 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
The Rocco & Roxie Strength Enzymatic Cleaner is a professional enzyme cleaner that will take away all the stains, gross, and mess. This odor eliminator is perfect to have if you are a pet lover and you love your furry friends as much as you love a clean house.
- Enzyme activated
- Safe formula.
- Pet odor and stain remover for cat and dog urine;
- Eliminate stains, residue, and odors;
- Certified gentle and safe Chlorine free and color safe;
- Environmentally friendly;
- Safe to use around pets and children;
- Certified Safe for all carpets.
- The smell is not the best one.
|Product Dimensions||5 x 2 x 10 inches|
|Brand||Rocco & Roxie Supply Co|
If you want to get rid of the old pet odors and stains, consider this product. The best overall in my list, this cleaner is an enzyme activated and contains natural enzymatic bacteria, which gets activated as soon as it contacts stains and odors.
Here is a nice review to watch.
2. Nature's Miracle P-98151 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
You don’t need to spend a fortune on the best enzymatic cleaner. The Nature's Miracle cleaner has a great formula that will take off all the grass stains, mud, blood, even the old odors.
All based on a bio-enzymatic cleaning formula, the Nature's Miracle will be your best friend in keeping the house all clean.
- Powerful formula.
- Stain and odor remover;
- A perfect solution for any pet mess;
- Bio-enzymatic formula;
- Permanently eliminates old odors and stains;
- May be used on carpets, clothing, kennels, and so on.
- The applier is not that friendly.
|Product Dimensions||3 x 3 x 9 inches|
As long as you use the Nature's Miracle cleaner, you will be able to permanently eliminate lots of the organic odors and stains. Especially if you have a pet, this bio-enzymatic formula will react to organic stain and odor and eliminate them in second.
Make sure you will leave the formula to dry all naturally, for a better result.
3. Nature's Miracle 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Dog Urine)
You will forget about other cleaners once you have Nature’s Miracle cleaner right at your hand. One of the best cleaning products for pet mess for 35 years, this is a good odor and stain remover.
The formula is tough and once it comes in contact with a food source or a stain, it will eliminate it immediately.
- Controlled formula;
- Great for use on hard floors, carpets, clothing, and furniture;
- The enzymatic formula for severe messes;
- Light fresh scent;
- Very fast-drying.
- The package is too big, so you need a spray applicator.
|Product Dimensions||7.6 x 5.1 x 12.2 inches|
One of the best enzyme cleaners for dogs, this bacteria-based formula will produce some “good” enzymes, that will eliminate pet urine, vomit, and many other bio-based messes.
Don’t worry about your favorite carpet, as this cleaner is very light and will not destroy the fine textile.
4. Stuart Pet Supply Co. 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Pet Urine)
Enzymes found in cleaning products are the main reason for removing all those old odors and stains. The Stuart Pet Supply Enzyme cleaner will leave your carpets, floors, furniture, and many other surfaces clean and fresh.
- Safe formula;
- Scientifically formulated stain remover;
- Enzyme powered for better results;
- Multi-surface cleaner;
- Child and pet safe;
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Bulky package.
|Product Dimensions||6 x 6.5 x 12.5 inches|
|Brand||Stuart Pet Supply Co.|
This cleaner works as good as the previous ones, but its main advantage or its plus is the fresh linen fragrance. All fresh, it won’t leave a nasty smell, but a nice fragrance, which together with the enzymes will digest the odors and pet stains.
Here is a video on how enzymatic cleaners work.
5. Simple Green 32 oz. & 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Cat Urine)
The Simple Green Enzyme Cleaner promises to eliminate forever those bad odors from pets and pets urine. If your carpet has old food stains, but it is also very soft and sensitive, this cleaner will take care of them, without ruining the textile.
- Safe formula;
- Uses powerful, natural enzymes;
- Great to use on carpets, rugs, clothing, and curtains;
- Non-toxic formula;
- Safe to use around pets and children;
- Eliminates old and new stains and odors;
- Great for removing feces, vomit, dirt, blood and more.
- The smell is not the original Simple Green one.
|Product Dimensions||10.8 x 5.2 x 12 inches|
|Capacity||32 oz. & 1 gal.|
|Type||Spray & solution|
The non-toxic formula will make it safe and easy to use around pets and children and works well even on curtains and clothing. The safe bacteria penetrate the surfaces and break down and removes the soils.
6. Sunny & Honey 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Vomit)
There is nothing more heartbreaking than your lovable pet getting sick. Another awful part is cleaning the mess after it. The Sunny and Honey Enzyme Cleaner is perfect for cleaning the vomit and pet urine from all kinds of surfaces.
- Safe formula;
- Safe for use on carpets, clothing and other surfaces;
- Contains good enzymes that will effectively remove odors and stains;
- Safe to use around pets and children.
- Make sure you get a supply for the future.
|Product Dimensions||10.7 x 4.9 x 2.9 inches|
|Brand||Sunny & Honey|
If you want to go straight to one of the best enzymatic cleaners, this one from Sunny and Honey is a very good solution. Moreover, don’t worry about the pet’s health, as this cleaner is safe to use around them.
7. Furniture Clinic 17 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Human Urine)
The Furniture Clinic is a great enzymatic cleaner to consider. Dogs are cute, right? But they are sometimes very messy. Are you a cat person? Then there is nothing better than having a handy cleaner, to keep the house clean after your pets.
The Furniture Clinic will handle any type of mess for you.
- Easy to use.
- Great housekeeping seal;
- Rigorous testing before going on the market;
- Mattress urine remover;
- Non Hazardous and all safe;
- Works great on multiple surfaces;
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed;
- Doesn’t need rubbing.
- Need to wait some minutes after applying it.
The steps you need to take for using this cleaner are easy. First, you need to locate the stain, then apply the stain remover. Take a towel and press over the stain. Do not rub. The last step is to take again the towel and take away the remaining stains.
8. E.J. WHEATON CO. 20 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Carpet)
One of the top enzyme carpet cleaners, the E.J. Wheaton CO. was evaluated by the FDA and related as a great, great cleaner for the old urine and odors stains.
- Powerful bio-enzymatic formula
- Safe to use.
- Powerful bio-enzymatic formula;
- Works great even on stubborn pet urine odors;
- Large aerosol for simplified application;
- Strong enough even for commercial use;
- Gentle formula.
- The smell is a little offensive.
|Product Dimensions||2.8 x 2.8 x 9.2 inches|
|Brand||E.J. WHEATON CO|
I tried this cleaner on an older dog stain, and this product alone saved the carpet from remaining stained. The smell is a bit disturbing though, but the efficiency cannot be contested.
9. SKOUT'S HONOR 64 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best Odor Remover)
One of the best enzyme cleaners, the Skout’s Honor Enzyme Cleaner is better, stronger, even faster than many other products on the market. Free of harsh chemicals, this cleaner is a must in a house with lots of pets.
- Safe formula;
- Eco friendly.
- Very strong formula;
- Daily multi-purpose cleaner;
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed;
- Environmentally friendly;
- Big bottle, better as a supply than an applicator.
If you are looking for an enzymatic formula that works immediately you apply it, then look for this one. It does not contain any harsh chemicals, but still, works so fast and better than others. The producer guarantees your satisfaction, so why not go for it?
Watch this video representation.
10. Stink Free 128 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Mattress)
If you want to get rid of those urine odors that persist in your house, this Stink Free Cleaner may be the right answer for you. The changes chemical compounds will break down all the inert substances you want to get rid of.
- Professional strength formula;
- Deodorizes completely and permanently the cat urine odor;
- Aggressive and multi-functional;
- Deodorizes cat urine odor;
- Multi-functional oxidation.
- Need to buy a separate spray bottle.
|Product Dimensions||9.8 x 4.7 x 12.8 inches|
I was looking for a complete deodorization and urine removal for our home, and this solution will do its job perfectly, under any conditions. Good to have, especially if your carpets still smell bad.
11. Nature's Miracle Laundry 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Laundry)
Never thought you could use the enzyme cleaner on laundry too? If it happened for your puppy to poop or urine on your favorite laundry, then make sure you have Nature’s Miracle next to you.
It is ideal to use next to the laundry detergent for removing all those odors and stains and bring back the whitening and brightening to the clothes and sheets.
- Safe formula;
- Easy to use bottle.
- Removes laundry stains perfectly;
- Bio-enzymatic technology;
- Whitens and brightens;
- Breaks down even the oldest stains.
- Need to use in addition to your laundry detergent.
|Product Dimensions||5 x 2.4 x 11.3 inches|
|Smell||Coconut and lavender|
This formula is strong enough to penetrate into the textiles and remove even the toughest stains and odors. Make sure you use it next to the clothes detergent.
12. FDC 1 gal. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Pipes)
This enzyme pipe cleaner for FDC has that application-specific bacterial consortium, which will immediately target the large oil and grease molecules. Therefore, the stains will disappear in seconds.
- Powerful formula;
- Bacterial action.
- Eliminates fog with break down plus;
- Eliminates even the harsh odors from grease;
- Targets oil and pH decreases.
- Need to leave it for many hours to get the best result.
|Product Dimensions||12.8 x 5.5 x 5.4 inches|
If you know the stains you have in your house are oil-based, consider this enzymatic cleaner, that will go straight to the stain and turn it into smaller molecules that will disappear. I was glad about this formula.
13. TriNova 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner
(Best Natural Enzyme Cleaner)
Pets are like family, so even when cleaning the house, you do not want to harm them. This is why you need the Trinove enzyme cleaner, which is based only on natural ingredients.
As such, it is powerful enough to combat pet stains, without having to worry about toxic elements.
- Safe formula;
- Easy to use.
- 100% natural cleaner;
- Safe to use around children and pets;
- No toxic chemicals;
- Versatile, good for many types of surfaces.
- The bottle has a small size for the price you pay.
All the pets lovers know how hard it is to combat the pet stains, without harming their furry friends. But this enzymatic cleaner is all-natural, still powerful enough to safely clean the urine stains and remove the unpleasant odors.
14. Green Gobbler Toilet 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Toilets)
If your toilet cleaner does not work anymore, consider the Green Gobbler one. This Enzyme Cleaner is designed to degrease, deodorize, and safely clean the toilets and old stains. Powerful and effective, this is a good alternative to using any other chemicals.
- Unique blend;
- Easy to use.
- Rapid degradation technology;
- Targets fog and pH decreases;
- Ultra-fast odor elimination;
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Cannot use it in the dishwasher.
|Product Dimensions||13.5 x 6 x 6 inches|
This formula is strong, odorless, and takes a few minutes to do its job. It contains no chemicals and ensures to plow through any clog.
15. Green Gobbler 1 gal Enzyme Cleaner
(Best for Drains)
Start draining the water with a non-corrosive product, from Green Gobbler. A great alternative to the usual chemicals, this is the best formula to assure that any clogs will disappear.
- Non-toxic formula
- Rapid degradation technology.
- Degrades oil, greases, proteins, sludge and food waste;
- Reduces pump-out frequency;
- Targets fog;
- No chemicals.
- Cannot clean other furniture or surfaces than the indicated ones.
|Product Dimensions||10 x 5 x 5 inches|
One of the best enzyme cleaners for drains, this solution is powerful enough to plow through any of the clogs or grease traps you have in the house.
Best Enzyme Cleaners - Your Buying Guide
You might think that the process of choosing the best enzymatic cleaner is a piece of cake and you don’t need so much documentation before going to the supermarket’s shelves.
After all, you simply need an enzymatic cleaner, so what can be so hard? Well, actually, there are a few factors you should consider when choosing this kind of cleaning item. As such, let’s go through all of them.
The Active Ingredients
As I said before, the enzymatic cleaners have as the main ingredient of the enzymes. These types of active ingredients will help the products to the job at its best.
Make sure the product you will use does not contain harsh chemicals that can have adverse effects on your health. In order to avoid this situation, read the labels, and make sure there are only natural or organic ingredients.
Type of Enzyme
When you go shopping, you might look first at the best dog urine odor remover stains. Instead of that, it would be wise to choose a detergent that contains the right enzymes for the type of odors or stains that you are worried about.
Try to opt for a cleaner that has multiple types of enzymes like these ones:
- Lipase: these enzymes work great on fat, and help for removing oily stains, as well as on degreasing fabric and laundry.
- Amylase: this is perfect for removing sauces, eggs, starches, or sugar. Moreover, they will also get you rid of juice and wine stains as well.
- Protease: these enzymes will help you remove protein-based stains, such as blood or pet urine.
Surfaces You Want to Clean
Products are different, based on the surfaces you are going to clean. They can be used on rugs and carpets, while other items will be more versatile. Generally speaking, we would recommend you to choose an enzymatic cleaner, as versatile as it can be.
It is also a good idea to purchase a cleaner that will not cause any harm to your fabrics.
The Application Method
It is crystal clear that you will want a product that is easy to apply. The most convenient one is the enzymatic cleaner that comes in a spray bottle, and that can be easy to adjust. This means you won’t need to get close to the stain to effectively remove it.
On the other hand, there are the pour bottles, which tend to be larger than the spray ones. They offer great value for the money you pay, but you will need to get closer to the stain and apply the solution. To make it easier to apply, you can transfer it into a spray bottle.
Concentration of Enzymes
Like any other cleaning solution, there are enzyme odor removers for clothes (domestic use), industrial level concentrations, for the mattress and even skin lotion with enzymes. Too high concentrations might harm or bleach your fabrics, even corrode the skin.
On the flip side, if the formulation of the enzyme is too weak, you will need to use lots of the solution for getting effective stain removal.
We bet you never thought about this criteria. Well, it is important to have an enzyme cleaner that will be dying not in 24 hours, but in a few minutes.
Who doesn’t like the fresh scent after cleaning? If you are a perfume person, look for a cleanser that smells good and fresh. If you will go for a fragrance-free model, it is always a good idea if you don’t want to use a synthetic unpleasant product.
Finally, let’s check out what are the most frequently asked questions. I wanted you to read the answers here so you won’t have to look elsewhere.
My Top Pick
With all this information considered, you might already know which enzymatic cleaner is the best one for you. When it comes to cleaning products, especially those that should clean the pet stains and odors, they need to be tough enough to permanently clean the mess.
However, don’t run the risk of damaging the health of your family and your pets and choose one of the safe formulas presented in this article.
My top pick is Rocco & Roxie Supply Co 32 oz. Enzyme Cleaner so which one is yours?