Cats, unlike dogs, are low-maintenance pets. While you have to take a dog out several times a day, cats don’t need that much attention provided they are well-fed. Also, unlike dogs which have to be taken outside to do their business, lest they soil your carpets, cats only need a litter box that you can scoop a week thrice.
Cats, though, still track the cat litter onto other surfaces, and not all vacuum scan clean cat litter. Well, I would forgive you for thinking any vacuum cleaner is up to the task, but some would be easily damaged. You need the best vacuum cleaner for pet litter to keep your home in top condition and to ensure the device lasts long.
Why Do You Need Cat Litter Vacuums?
Other than keeping your house in top condition, below are more reasons as to why you need a vacuum for pet litter.
- Clay Granules – Similar to rocks, these hard clay granules can damage any standard vacuum in record time. Cat litter has many of these granules, and they travel at high speed inside your gadget and can destroy some of the delicate components of your machine. Specialized machines, on the other hand, are built to withstand such abuse without sustaining damage.
- Mold – Cat litter is an excellent environment for mold to develop. With a regular vacuum, there is always the danger of vacuuming the litter plus some damp items resulting in the growth of mold. You can blow the mold back into your home, and this is especially dangerous for Asthmatic folks.
- Odor – Normal vacuums will not eliminate the smell from the litter or soiled litter. These best vacuums for cat litter, though, will trap the odor and ensure the air in your home is clean.
- Dust – Cat litter and litter are inseparable. Dust happens to be a threat to any motor, and it will break down your vacuum before you have the chance to save it. Specialized machines, on the other hand, ensure the dust does not find its way to the motor.
Vacuum Cleaner For Cat Litter Shops Near You
Let’s face it. It is unlikely that you know where to get the best vacuum cleaner for cat litter. Moreover, I would be deceiving if I said, I know where you can get one of these bad boys. What I do know, though, is how you can find a near-perfect outlet.
- Top 12 Best Vacuum for Berber Carpet Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Tile Floor Cleaner Machines Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Shark Stick Vacuums Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Dustbuster Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Spa Vacuum Cleaners To Buy 2021
- Top 25 Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners To Buy 2021
- Top 18 Best Vacuum and Mop Combo Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Vacuum Cleaner for Concrete Floors to Buy 2021
First, I implore you to consult that colleague who has one of these devices. It figures that they had done their due diligence before purchasing the machine. You can also take your search online with the following search terms. “Best vacuum cleaner shop near me”, or “best vacuum cleaner shop in Kansas.
What Are The Best Vacuum Cleaner For Cat Litter?
When it comes to buying the best vacuum for cat litter, the Shark NV752 is the best for such tasks, thanks to the power and the superb filtration. You can also get the New Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog if you are ready to pay the high price tag. If you are on a tight budget, I recommend the Dirt Devil UD79355B
Though all the machines on this list will make quick work of cat litter, these have the edge over the rest. Let’s take a look at these best vacuums for cat litters below:
- Best Overall: Shark Rotator NV752 Upright Vacuum– “Equip HEPA filter; apply anti-allergen complete seal technology; LED lights for cleaning in dark place; offer various useful accessories for multiple cleaning tasks.”
- Best Budget: Dirt Devil UD70355B Upright Vacuum Cleaner – “Low-profile design; swivel steering head; a three-stage filtration system for better running; require less maintenance.”
- Best Dyson: Dyson Absolute V10 Stick Vacuum Cleaner– “In-line configuration; hygienic emptying with “point and shoot” system; a torque drive cleaner head; can convert into a handheld vacuum.”
- Best Miele: New Miele C3 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum Cleaner – “One of the best Miele vacuums; 5-level height adjustment; 6 different power suction settings; the Active AirClean filter has active charcoal that can neutralize pet odor.”
- Best Stick: Shark Rocket UV380 Stick Vacuum Cleaner – “Come with modern dual-brushroll system; foldable for easy and compact storage; swivel steering head; a XL dustbin; provide an accessory bag.”
- Best for Edges: Bissell PowerEdge 81L2A Stick Vacuum Cleaner – “The unique V-shape head can perform well in edges and around objects; 11.35-inch cleaning path width; the rubber squeegee system pick up pet hairs; auto height adjustment.”
- Best Robot: Ilife V3S Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner – “Low profile design; smart sensors prevent falling and bumping; offer 4 cleaning modes; can schedule the cleaning time.”
- Best Hoover: Hoover UH70210 T-Series Upright Vacuum Cleaner – “5-position height adjustment; HEPA Media filter; a mighty machine; the headlights support cleaning in dark places; the system check indicator let you know when the vacuum gets clog or the filter needs to be cleaned.”
- Best Canister: Eureka Mighty Mite 3684F Canister Vacuum Cleaner -“The 10-amp motor gives a powerful performance; integrate a blower port; 2 setting height adjustment; work great on hard floors.”
Best Vacuum Cleaners for Cat Litter Comparison Chart 2021
|Best Vacuum Cleaners for Cat Litter||Bag||HEPA||Cord||Cord Length/ Runtime||Weight in Lbs.||Warranty in Yrs|
|Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away NV752 Vacuum - Best Overall||No||Yes||Yes||30-ft||15.4 lbs.||5 years|
|Severin Nonstop Bagless Vacuum||No||Yes||Yes||20-ft||20.9 lbs.||3 years|
|Shark Rocket UV380 Deluxe Pro Vacuum - Best Stick||No||No||Yes||30-ft||<10 lbs.||5 years|
|Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Vacuum - Best Dyson||No||No||No||60-mins||5.88 lbs.||2 years|
|ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum - Best Robot||No||Yes||No||90-100 mins||4.5 lbs.||1 year|
|Dirt Devil UD70355B Bagless Vacuum - Best Budget||No||Yes||Yes||20-ft||10.8 lbs.||2 years|
|Bissell 9595A Cleanview Bagless Vacuum||No||No||Yes||25-ft||15 lbs.||2 years|
|Bissell PowerEdge 81L2A Vacuum - Best for Edges||No||No||Yes||20-ft||7.5 lbs.||1 year|
|Shark Navigator NV356E Upright Vacuum||No||Yes||Yes||25-ft||13.7 lbs.||5 years|
|Hoover UH70210 T-Series Upright Vacuum - Best Hoover||No||Yes||Yes||25-ft||18.7 lbs.||2 years|
|Bissell 1954 Cordless Vacuum||No||No||No||25-mins||5.8 lbs.||2 years|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 33A1 Vacuum - Best Handheld||No||No||Yes||16-ft||4.2 lbs.||1 year|
|iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum||No||No||No||90-min||7.8 lbs.||1 year|
|Eureka Mighty Mite 3684F||Yes||Yes||Yes||20-ft||8.6 lbs.||1 year|
|New Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Vacuum - Best Miele||Yes||Yes||Yes||24-ft||12 lbs.||3 year|
Top 15 Best Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter Reviews 2021
It is about time we get into the core of this piece. Though the comparison table above will give you a feel of these devices, I implore you to read the fine print below.
1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away NV752 Vacuum Cleaner
With its superb performance on hard floors and carpets, its incredible filtration, and its maneuverability, the NV752 is undoubtedly the best vacuum cleaner for cat litter.
First, it has superb filtration, ensuring that none of the litter dust makes it back into the house. It is sealed, and all the air sucked in will have to pass through the HEPA filter before it is discharged back into the house.
You will also appreciate the cleaner head. On carpets, you can use the brushroll, but you can easily change to hard floor settings, thanks to the fingertip controls. Furthermore, you can use the Hard Floor Hero attachment to tackle litters and other stuck-on debris. This tool has better coverage on surfaces such as tiles.
Finally, this machine offers superior maneuverability. It not only works as an upright, but you can use it as a powered lift-away to clean pet litter under furniture, and as a canister vacuum for above-floor cleaning.
- A powered lift-away vacuum for multiple cleaning purposes
- Feature a HEPA filter with anti-allergen complete seal technology
- Offer a 5-year limited warranty
- Equip fingertip controls to switch into the suitable floor mode
- It has a slew of accessories to do various cleaning tasks.
- Equip LED lights for identifying cat litter in dark areas.
- A substantial bin doesn’t require frequent emptying.
- It is a mighty vacuum.
- It is quite bulky.
- Swivel steering needs to be smoother.
|Cord length||25 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||3.3 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Hard floor|
|Accessories||A mini motorized brush, a pet multi tool, a hard floor hero, a duster crevice tool|
You should learn a little bit more about the Shark NV752 before you set out to purchase it. Here is how it compares to the Dyson Animal 2.
2. Dirt Devil UD79355B Bagless Vacuum
For an affordable machine for cat litter, look no further than the Dirt Devil UD70355B. Dirt Devil is renowned for making quality but inexpensive machines, and this vacuum is no exception.
One thing that piqued my interest about this machine is the swivel steering. It makes getting around obstacles a walk in the park. You will also appreciate the no-loss suction technology as then you can clean even when the bin is nearly full.
Deeply-embedded cat litter will not be a problem wither. The brushroll will agitate it out of the carpet rather quickly. The brushroll has automatic height adjustment for cleaning carpets from low-pile through medium to high-pile carpets.
As for above-floor cleaning, this machine has a hose and extension wands for such tasks. It also includes a turboclaw, which will come in handy when removing pet hair.
- Appear in low-profile design
- Swivel steering head
- A three stage filtration system is equipped for better operation
- Require less maintenance
- Come at an affordable price.
- It is mighty and can deep clean carpets.
- The performance on carpets is superb.
- Long hair does get tangled in the brushroll.
|Filter||Odor trapping filter|
|Dust cup capacity||1.58 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Hard floor|
|Accessories||A 2 in 1 dusting and crevice tool, a turboclaw pet tool|
Though this is a great device, it is not exempt from some of the problems associated with vacuums. Watch the video below to learn how to fix it should it overheat and stop.
3. Shark Rocket UV380 Deluxe Pro Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking for an undemanding device, a vacuum that you can pick and go provided it is attached to an outlet, then get the Shark UV380. This is a corded stick vacuum that is best for light-cleaning tasks.
First, you will appreciate the different configurations you get with the UV380. You can use it as a stick, and as a handheld. In stick mode, you can use the roller brush, which is remarkable for agitating carpets or the hard floor genie, which is a suction only tool.
You will also appreciate that it has a long cord increasing the reach. With such versatility, you can be confident that you get to clean all cat litter.
Next, you will appreciate all the accessories that make cleaning a breeze. I am talking of the crevice tool, the upholstery tool, and seeing as you are cleaning after pets, the motorized tool is helpful for hair.
- Come with modern dual-brushroll system
- A 2 in 1 vacuum cleaner
- The XL dust bin can hold a large amount of litters and other debris
- Have the swivel steering design for effortless maneuver
- Has a foam filter that will trap all the litter dust.
- Can be folded over for straightforward storage.
- Comes with an accessory bag, which reduces the likelihood of losing your tools.
- Its performance on shaggy carpets is wanting.
- Does not pick dirt on the backpass.
|Filter||Washable foam and felt filter|
|Cord length||30 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||0.91 quarts|
|Accessories||An upholstery tool, a duster, a crevice tool, a hard floor hero, a wall mount hook|
4. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson manufactures some of the best vacuums. The only reason this is not top of this best vacuum cleaners for cat litter list is the price is a bit high. It is best for people who are on a generous budget. As a cordless machine, you will appreciate the runtime. You can use it for 60-minutes before you have to recharge. The runtime though drops when using it in max mode.
The trigger switch, on the other hand, ensures that you only use the fuel when cleaning. But what makes this best for cat litter? First, there is the durability. Dyson vacuums are durable, and the cat litter will not affect this machine.
Moreover, the V10 Absolute happens to be a powerful machine and will leave your carpets and hard floors in immaculate conditions. Finally, the advanced whole machine filtration system ensures no dust is released back into the house.
- Designed with in-line configuration for more suction power
- Hygienic emptying with the “point and shoot” system
- Packed with many tools
- The torque drive cleaner head can clean carpets effectively
- Robust construction
- Well-accessorized increasing versatility.
- Can converts into a handheld for cleaning above-floor areas.
- Has wall-mount storage.
- The charging time is still long.
- It is a pricey machine.
|Filter||Advanced whole machine filtration|
|Run time||Up to 60 minutes|
|Dust cup capacity||0.8 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Hard floor|
|Accessories||A combination tool, a crevice tool, a mini motorized tool, a mini soft dusting brush, a charger, a wall mount|
If you are already interested in this amazing vacuum, do not miss the unboxing video below to have a better view about this product.
5. ILIFE V3s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Robot vacuums are not cheap. Given the ingenuity that goes into these machines, you can expect most to set you back a small fortune. So, imagine my shock when I came across an affordable robot vacuum and one that qualifies to be one of the best vacuum cleaners for cat litter.
The ILIFE V3S has three cleaning modes. You can set it to clean the whole floor, spot cleaning, and you can command it to clean just the edges. It approaches the baseboards gingerly, a feature only found in premium robot vacuums. Its cleaning prowess will blow you away, especially when it runs on hard floors.
Seeing as it does not have a beater bar, I recommend it for tile, laminate, and hardwood floors. It is a tank, thanks to the power it packs, and it will pick up most of the dirt with ease. Litter granules and trash will not be a problem.
- Low profile design
- Equip smart sensors to prevent falling and bumping
- A remote control is included
- Offer 4 cleaning modes: auto clean, edge clean, spot clean, and schedule clean
- Does not clog as it does not have a beater bar.
- A mighty vacuum
- It can only perform well on hard floors.
|Run time||90-100 minutes|
|Dust cup capacity||0.3 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Hard floor|
|Accessories||A remote control, a cleaning brush, 2 HEPA filters, 2 side brushes, an AC adapter, a charging dock|
It is not a waste of time to see how this robot vacuum operate before purchasing it. The video below will be helpful.
6. Severin Nonstop Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
The next item on this list of the best vacuum cleaners for cat litter is the Severin bagless vacuum. Ever since manufacturing went to the east, there has been a slight decline in quality. Well, that is not the case with the Severin. Made to German standards, you can be confident that you are receiving a quality machine at an affordable price.
Starting with the filtration, I believe you will love the HEPA filter as it will trap 99.97% of cat litter dust. This is especially helpful in houses with asthmatic folks. Next, you will appreciate that it is a canister vacuum, and thus you can get to cat litter dust under furniture or above-floor areas.
As for the accessories, there is an upholstery tool, a crevice tool for those tight spots, and some extension hoses for extending the cleaning reach.
- Apply multi-cyclone technology for constant cleaning
- Feature an ergonomic soft handle
- Made of durable materials that are exposed to the breakage tests
- Only weighs 10 pounds for easy maneuver
- It is reasonably quiet at 77 decibels.
- Emptying the dirt is a walk in the park.
- The cord is retractable and quite flexible.
- Built to German standards, and you can be sure of the quality.
- The cord is quite short.
- Emptying the bin may leave a cloud of dust.
|Cord length||20 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||1.8 L|
|Surface recommended||Hard floor, upholstery, carpet|
|Accessories||A XL parquet nozzle, a 3-part accessory set, a telescopic tube, a suction hose|
Severin is not as popular as other machines on this list, but the review below will give you a better feel of the machine.
7. Bissell 9595A Cleanview Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Bissell is renowned for its affordable but premium quality vacuums. The Bissell 9595A is no exception to the rule, and you will love its performance when it comes to cleaning cat litter. With its one-pass technology, it will pick up dirt in fewer passes than the competition. When it comes to above-floor cleaning, you will appreciate the wand and the included tools.
And speaking of tools, the Bissell 9595A has enough tools to solve multiple tasks. First, there is the turbo brush, which is ideal for eliminating cat hair, the crevice tool for removing cat litter in tight spots, and the dusting brush.
The filtration system also piqued my interest. It might not be HEPA, but it does trap a lot of allergens, and it is ideal for such cases where you are dealing with cat litter dust.
- The multi-cyclonic system improve power suction
- The foam filter is washable
- Advanced brush design for deeper carpet cleaning
- A powerful and lightweight vacuum
- Come at a reasonable price
- It is versatile and will clean above-floor areas with ease.
- The bin is large and transparent.
- The height of the beater bar is adjustable.
- The hose happens to be stiff and slightly short.
- You cannot use it on hard floors as you cannot turn-off the beater bar.
|Filter||Washable foam filter|
|Cord Length||25 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||2.11 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Stairs, upholstery|
|Accessories||An extension wand, a turbobrush tool, a dusting brush, a crevice tool|
Before bringing this BISSELL 9595A home, you should learn more about it through the review video below:
8. Bissell PowerEdge 81L2A Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Edges)
If you are comfortable being limited to floor cleaning, or you are looking for a machine that excels at hard floor tasks, then the Bissell 81L2A is the machine for you. Cleaning cat litter will be a breeze as will any other type of dirt.
First, the cleaner head has a unique v-shape that will help with the granules as well as large dirt. The shape directs all large debris to the wide opening at the center. The V-shape also helps when it comes to cleaning around furniture feet and edges.
Though one might be tempted to use this machine on carpets, it is best for hard floors. It does not have a brushroll which is necessary for cleaning carpets. In its place we have a squeegee that ensures suction is not lost. It helps with picking the fine dust associated with cat litter.
- The unique V-shape head works incredibly in the edges and corners
- Feature an 11. 35-inch cleaning path width
- The end of the V-shape part vacuums fine small dirt
- The rubber squeegees system can captivate pet hairs
- Auto height adjustment
- It is light, and you can use it for hours with ease.
- The swivel steering head makes it easya to maneuver.
- It is limited to cleaning hard floors. You cannot use it for above-floor areas or carpets.
|Filter||A washable foam filter|
|Cord Length||20 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||Not specific|
|Surface recommended||Hard floors|
Given that the Bissell 81L2A is different from most vacuums, you should then know what you are getting before making a purchase. Here is a review you should watch to get a better feel.
9. Shark Navigator NV356E Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The next best vacuum cleaner for cat litter is for people who are more interested in the performance than the aesthetics of the machine. The Shark NV356E is one mighty piece of equipment, but it is not easy on the eye. Nevertheless, if you are willing to compromise on that, you will have a beast in your house.
Trapping the fine cat litter dust is effortless for this machine. It has a HEPA filter, and we all know what that can do. As for power, few devices can compete with this machine. It has Shark’s no-lose suction technology. Therefore, you will vacuum with the same power even when the bin is nearly full.
You can also use this device for hard floors and carpets. It has a brushroll which comes in handy when cleaning carpets. You can also shut off the brushroll to clean hard floors. By and large, this device will get cat litter from crevices, hard floors, and carpets.
- Lift-away design makes it easy to vacuum the stairs and high places
- Fully seal with anti-allergen technology
- Provide HEPA filter
- Advanced swivel steering head for effortless maneuver
- It has pet tools for getting rid of the cat hair.
- The swivel-steers increasing maneuverability.
- Comes with a lengthy 5-year warranty.
- The hose is stiff, and it is short.
- It is quite top-heavy.
|Cord Length||25 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||2.2 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Hard floors|
|Accessories||A pet power brush, a dusting brush, a crevice tool|
10. Hoover UH70210 T-Series Upright Vacuum Cleaner
If you want the best vacuum for cat litter, then I reckon you are having trouble with feline hair as well. Well, the Hoover UH70210 will help you with that.
WindTunnel technology happens to be one of the best innovations in the vacuum industry. The tech will separate the dirt from the air flinging it into the dust canister. It reduces the strain on the filters subsequently decreasing the amount you would spend on consumables.
To decrease the possibility of damage to the vacuum from granules, the UH70210 has 2-subsequent suction paths that prevent the pellets from being scattered around.
You can also use the UH70210 on carpets and hard floors. With the suction mode pedal, you can engage or disengage the beater bar depending on the surface you will be cleaning. Finally, you can change the height of the beater bar to clean low to high-pile carpets.
- 5-position height adjustment
- Have a HEPA Media filter
- The system check indicator is useful when the vacuum gets clog or the filter needs cleaning
- Provide a 2-year warranty
- Comes at an affordable price
- It is mighty and will get rid of deeply embedded dirt.
- Include a pet hair tool.
- The foot-pedal is ergonomic.
- Headlights are useful for cleaning dark areas.
- The auto-rewind function of the cord doesn’t work very well
|Filter||HEPA Media filter|
|Cord Length||25 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||Not specific|
|Accessories||A dusting brush, a crevice tool, an extension wand, a turbo tool|
The motor and the belt are the core of any vacuum. As such, they sustain a lot of damage. Here is how to replace the engine in the Hoover UH70210.
11. Bissell 1954 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The next item on this guide of the best vacuum cleaners for cat litter is this Bissell 1954, which also happens to be a greats cordless. When purchasing a cordless vacuum, you have to consider the runtime. Well, the 1954 will serve you for about 25-minutes before you have to recharge, thanks to the 14.4V lithium-ion battery.
The Bissell 1954 made it onto this list thanks to the advanced brushroll. It (the brushroll) helps with cat hair and removing cat litter from carpets. There is also the pet hair nozzle tool for upholstered surfaces. As for cleaning hard floors, you can only use it for small messes. It is best for carpeted and upholstered surfaces. There is also the crevice tool that will help suck up cat litter from difficult to reach spots.
Finally, it has a decent warranty, and it folds over for better storage.
- Run by lithium ion battery for up to 25 minutes
- Offer a 2-year limited warranty
- Can be folded for compact storage
- Can be used on multiple surfaces including above the floor places
- It has unmatched portability thanks to its cordless build.
- The clear window on the rotating brush allows you to see when the brush is clogged.
- You can convert it to a handheld for above-floor cleaning.
- The battery may run out of more quickly over time.
|Run Time||25 minutes|
|Dust cup capacity||0.6 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Hard floors, upholstery, carpet|
|Accessories||An advanced pet hair brush roll, a pet hair nozzle, a crevice tool with dusting brush, a sweep and scoop tool|
12. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 33A1 Vacuum Cleaner
The next best vacuum cleaner for cat litter also happens to be the best handheld. As such, it is limited for use inside the car, on couches, countertops, and other above-floor areas. Do not purchase this expecting to use it on carpets and floors.
The 33A1 is a straightforward machine. It is a suction device and thus best for areas that are not too shaggy. Yes, the rubber nozzle will agitate upholstered surfaces, captivating all the pet hair, cat litters, and other debris, giving you the spotless within a short time.
This vacuum comes with 2 types of nozzle. The suction nozzle performs its best when it comes to tackling dry messes such as cat litter. Meanwhile, the specialized rubber nozzle will capture pet hairs and dirt in upholstery surface. Undoubtedly, this device is a great gift for any pet owner.
- Offer 2 specialized nozzles that can be switched for different tasks
- Appear in lightweight construction for hassle-free maneuver
- Have a 1-year limited warranty
- Compact design
- The price is affordable.
- It is light, and you can use it for extended periods.
- Feature an ergonomic handle and thus comfortable to use.
- The cord is decently long.
- Though it is great for countertops and cars, it lacks the power and accessories to remove dirt from crevices surfaces.
|Cord Length||16 feet|
|Dust cup capacity||0.78 quarts|
|Accessories||A pet hair eraser, 2 nozzles|
Are you curious about how the Bissell 33A1 looks like, or how it performs? Well, you are in luck as this video should give you a feel of what you are getting.
13. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
iRobot is renowned for its superb vacuums, and the Roomba 690 is what stood out for me as it excels at cleaning cat litter. First, it has a cleaning head that will come in handy on the carpets. It is just remarkable and will eliminate deeply embedded dirt. The side brushes are for fine particles and especially when cleaning near baseboards.
As for power, it does pack quite the punch. That coupled with the beater bar and the brushes make for a winning combination against dirt and especially cat litter. Another exciting feature is the dirt detect function. It spots where there is dirt (read cat litter) and focuses on that area.
Finally, the navigation is just superb. Thanks to the virtual barriers. You can keep this machine from going to some areas. Moreover, it has advanced sensors that keep it from bumping into obstacles.
- The 3-stage cleaning system enhance the vacuuming result
- Can work effectively on different floor types thanks to the dual multi-surface brushes
- Support to schedule anywhere via the app
- Compatible with Alexa and Google assistant
- Great for carpets and hard floors.
- Can be voice-controlled.
- Decent runtime of 90-minutes.
- The beater bar auto-cleans.
- Has a high-efficiency filter that will trap all the dust.
- Well, I consider it pricey as it is only suitable for light cleaning.
|Run Time||Up to 90 minutes|
|Dust cup capacity||0.4 liters|
|Surface recommended||Hard floor, carpet|
|Accessories||A home base charging station, a virtual wall barrier, a North America line cord, an extra filter, a flat cleaning tool|
Regular maintenance is the only way your vacuum will serve you for more extended periods. Here is how to go about maintaining the Roomba 690.
14. Eureka Mighty Mite 3684F Vacuum Cleaner
The next best vacuum cleaner for cat hair is the Eureka Mighty Mite 3684F. You might be familiar with this vacuum’s close cousin, the Mighty Mite 3670G. They happen to be more similar than you might think, but this happens to have more premium features.
Starting, there is a HEPA filter that will trap all litter dust. This is quite handy when it comes to cleaning a house with asthmatic folks. Moreover, there is the odor eliminating bags. With pets, pet odors are inevitable. You will love this machine as it helps do away with that.
As for cat hair, well, there is the power paw, and let’s not forget about the 12amp power of this machine. Combined, they make for an undefeatable duo. Finally, the device is light, and you can carry it up and down a flight of stairs with ease.
- The 10-amp motor performs powerfully
- Integrate the blower port to use in workshop and garage
- Require less maintenance as it is a bagged vacuum
- Provide 2-setting height adjustment for hard floor and rug
- It is maneuverable and easily cleans around furniture.
- Has onboard storage for the crevice and combination tools.
- The performance on hard floors is unmatched.
- The cord is relatively short.
- It does not have a shoulder strap.
|Filter||Washable HEPA filter|
|Cord Length||About 20 feet|
|Dust capacity||2.5 quarts|
|Surface recommended||Hard floor|
|Accessories||A combination tool, a deluxe floor nozzle, a crevice tool, a power paw|
15. New Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Vacuum Cleaner
Miele has never been a company to manufacture low-cost items, and the C3 Cat and Dog is no exception. You will pay a small fortune for this machine, but you will be getting Miele quality, and I believe that is worth the high price tag.
There is little the C3 cannot do. First, it has the Electro+ cleaner head which is just remarkable for carpeted surfaces. The parquet twister head is outstanding for hard floors.
The features don’t stop there. You will love the superb filtration. The bags are diaper thick and will trap 99.9% of the litter. Also, all air has to pass through the bag as it is air sealed. As for pet odor, there is a charcoal filter for such tasks.
- 5-level height adjustment
- 6 different power suction settings
- A 3-year warranty is included
- The Active AirClean filter can neutralize pet odor
- Has a metal insertion in the handle to discharge static electricity.
- It can follows you effortlessly on the caster wheels.
- The speed is variable, allowing you to clean different surfaces.
- A powerful machine.
- It is pricey. You will pay a small fortune for this.
- The Electro+ cleaner head is bulky.
|Filter||Active AirClean filter|
|Cord Length||24 feet|
|Dust capacity||Not specific|
|Surface recommended||Dual action(hard floor, carpets)|
|Accessories||An upholstery tool, a dusting brush, a crevice nozzle, a mini turbo brush, a 3D bumper|
The Miele C3 Cat and Dog is nothing short of remarkable. Words don’t do this machine justice, but here is a video review that should give you a better feel.
How To Choose The Best Vacuum Cleaner For Cat Litter
Here are the things I considered when creating this list of the best vacuum cleaners for cat litter. These are the things you should consider, as well.
Type of Vacuum
Given the slew of vacuum cleaners available, you have to stop and consider the different types of machines as only then can you pick one that meets your needs.
Unless you want go through the trouble of learning how to use a machine. I recommend you get an upright vacuum for your cat litter cleaning needs as this is what we are accustomed to.
Furthermore, the weight is on the cleaner head, and thus it will deep clean without much force. In spite of the benefits, it might strain your hand, and they are not the lightest.
Though a lot has been done to improve stick vacuums, they are not the best for large cleanups. I recommend them as secondary devices or for light cleaning tasks.
I still believe they have their place as they are light and maneuverable, some of them can be transformed into handheld style, but there is still a ton that needs to be done before they can compete with the best canister vacuums or the best upright vacuums.
If not for the reduced cleaning time, or the ease in cleaning, then invest in a canister vacuum for their reduced noise. Canister vacuums also happen to be powerful, and cat litter will pose no problem.
However, few have motorized cleaner heads as most companies to figure out how to get power to the cleaner head. They also take quite some getting used to.
You can also get a robot vacuum if you want to avoid the work associated with other machines. These are best for light cleaning tasks, but you will appreciate that they save you the trouble.
This type of vacuum is lightweight, compact hence you can maneuver them easily. Even though they are not the perfect choice for large area cleaning, they will not let you down when picking up cat litter in upholstery, stairs, small corners and edges.
Power is relative but you should invest in a mighty machine. Cat litter will find its way to some difficult places to reach places. The dust will sink into carpets and get into crevices. Only a powerful machine will get to such deeply embedded dirt. Only a device with strong suction will remove dust from crevices.
Yes, it might be pricey, but you will not regret buying it.
Durability is essential. Cat litter will damage your machine, and it is a no-brainer that you should get a tool that can withstand such abuse. Moreover, you can save a large amount of money if your vacuum can stay with you for a long-term use
Whether you purchase bagged or bagless vacuums, you should check how much dust the vacuum can hold.
When it comes to bagless vacuums, the suction power tends to get weaker once the dust bin is almost full. A large dust bin will require less emptying times, therefore, you can have a uninterrupted cleaning time.
If it is bagged vacuum, you don’t have to change the bag too frequently if the bag capacity is not too small.
This is another important factor that you should look for when purchasing a vacuum cleaner for cat litter. It somehow will give you assurance while bringing the vacuum home. If there is any problem happening during using, you can contact with the brand and receive the best solution.
Here are some golden candidates for the best cat litter vacuums that you can consider on the market nowadays:
It is needless to introduce BISSELL since it is already a popular name for everyone, especially pet owners. Has operated for 140 years, BISSELL give its customers an innovative collection of vacuums with modern design and function. Every purchase at BISSELL will also be a chance for a pet to be saved.
As a pioneer in small household appliance, Shark always releases innovative and highly functional vacuums that fit the lifestyle of busy people all over the world. It is one of the leading brand in the industry.
For over 100 years, Hoover is a trustworthy brand that manufactures user-friendly and powerful vacuum cleaners. Nowadays, Hoover is a part of TTI Floor Care North America.
Miele is impressive with its awesome, durable canister vacuum collection. The quality is the first and foremost thing when mentioning Miele products. Its vacuums are made to endure toughest tests before launched in the market, therefore, they can last a lifetime in your home.
How to Prevent Litter Tracking?
These are some inexpensive ways to prevent litter from scattering everywhere.
Using Rugs and Mats
Rugs and maps are an ingenious way to contain cat litter. Place mats around the litter box, so the pet messes tracked off collect there instead of being scattered. Eventually, you will only clean them off the rugs and mats.
Using a High-Sided Litter Box
Litter will fall off a low-sided box effortlessly, unlike a high-sided box. Using a high-sided box is simple, but it will save you the trouble of cleaning the surfaces and save your vacuum from damage.
Use an Empty Space
This might be a bit extreme and impossible for some, but you can place the litter box in an empty room and lock it up.
We are almost at the end of the review, and I hope one of these machines has piqued your interest. These are some frequently asked questions, and I hope these responses your mind at ease.
My Top Pick
Well, manufacturers do not make vacuums for cleaning cat litter, but there are features that will help with such cat messes. And my top pick is the Shark Rotator NV752 Upright Vacuum thanks to its impressive power suction and the superb filtration as well.
Though these are my best three machines, the others are equally good, and I believe you will love them. Tell me which piqued your interest in the comments below.
That’s it, folks, and I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it.