No matter whether it is a home roof or vehicle roof, it is the first element that anyone will notice. A roof acts as the defense against all the odds. Just like the interior, even your roof gets dirty. And cleaning them is undoubtedly a big challenge.
Here is where the best roof cleaners come into play.
Last year, I built my dream home and purchased a new car. Within one year, I notice that my home roof looks odd, and my car rooftop has some white stains that are hard to clean. After searching a lot, I get to know that the home roof stains are due to rust, stain, fungi, lichen, mold, and mildew, and vehicle stains are due to smoke and long sun exposure. These are some elements that can ruin any roof appearance. It was very difficult for me to get rid of these stains until I wouldn't have found the roof cleaners.
After using the roof cleaner, I was surprised by the results. It just made my home look like a new one. So, if you’re also struggling with the same problem, you should think about using the best roof cleaner for your home and vehicle.
Look for cleaners that can help you clean various types of stains. There are numerous products available in the market, and it is confusing to find the right product. So, to help you make a wise decision, here I am going to review the best roof cleaners that can be used for home and Vehicle roofs. Before we start, let’s understand what are the different types of roof cleaners and how to apply the roof cleaner.
- What are Different Types of Roof Cleaners?
- What is The Best Roof Cleaner on The Market 2020?
- Best Roof Cleaner Comparison Table 2020
- Top 15 Best Roof Cleaner To Buy 2020
- 1. Bugs N’ All Multi-Surface Vehicle Cleaner
- 2. Wet and Forget 10587 Roof Cleaner
- 3. Wet and Forget 805048 Roof Cleaner
- 4. Gel-Gloss WW128 Roof Cleaner
- 5. Karcher 9.558--146.0 Roof Cleaner
- 6. Spray & Forget SF1G-J Roof Cleaner
- 7. Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner
- 8. Camco 41063 Roof Cleaner
- 9. BEST 55048 Roof Cleaner
- 10. RMR 141 RTU Roof Cleaner
- 11. Camco Pro-Tec 41453 Roof Cleaner
- 12. Dicor Corporation RP-RC-1GL Roof Cleaner
- 13. Bio-Kleen M00509 Roof Cleaner
- 14. Propack 55128 Roof Cleaner
- 15. RV 67128 Roof Cleaner
- How to Use a Roof Cleaner?
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Roof Cleaner
- My Top Pick
What are Different Types of Roof Cleaners?
While there are different types of roof cleaners available in the market, not all of them can clean all types of surfaces. Hence, it is wise to pick the right cleaner for the right surface. Here, I am going to discuss different types of roof cleaners.
Eco-friendly Roof Cleaner
These roof cleaners are made up of biodegradable formula that is free from various toxic chemicals such as bleach, phosphate, acids, etc. Since these cleaners are free from acid, they won’t corrode the paint, which makes them ideal for painted surfaces.
In case you want to clean a roof that is made up of EPDM, asphalt, wood shingles, or other sensitive materials, then eco-friendly cleaners are the best option. Though the usage of eco-friendly ingredients has made these roof cleaners a bit expensive, these roof cleaners are gentle and safe for your home and environment.
Those who are having infants and aged persons in their homes must buy eco-friendly cleaners as harsh chemicals present in traditional cleaners emit a strong smell that is harmful to their health and may trigger allergic reactions. On the other hand, using an eco-friendly cleaner is not only safe to use but also helps you to clean your environment easily.
However, the biggest disadvantage of eco-friendly cleaners is that they need little scrubbing and rinsing. Hence, if you don’t want to be involved in scrubbing or rinsing or you are trying to clean some stubborn stains, then eco-friendly roof cleaners may not work. For these stains, you must choose a high concentrated chemical-based formula.
Harsh Roof Cleaner
The cleaners that contain sodium hypochlorite, bleach, acids, chlorine, or other harsh chemicals are considered as harsh cleaners. The inevitable presence of strong chemicals makes these cleaners highly effective against stubborn dust particles.
You can use these cleaners to clean various biological substances on roofs, such as algae, mold, fungi, moss, etc. You don’t require any scrubbing or rinsing. Depending upon the complexity of stains, you can mix the cleaner with an adequate amount of water.
These cleaners are highly effective for cleaning each corner of the roof, but you can’t use it for sensitive materials like asphalt or rubber. Make sure if you are using these cleaners in the garden area, you use a very low concentration solution as it may harm the plants.
These harsh cleaners may not break your bank, but it has an immense chance to take a toll on your health. Especially, those who have infants and senior citizens in their homes should refrain from trying these cleaners. The strong smell of the chemicals is not at all good for health. Hence, the usage of these cleaners can make you fall prey to heart and lung-related diseases.
High-Pressure Power Washing
Those who all are in search of a temporary solution must try the high-pressure power washing method. In this method, the surface is subjected to high-pressure water to clean various dust stains from the roof. You need not use any products.
This High-Pressure Power Washing method is by far the best process to clean the ceramic tiles as there will be no usage of harsh chemicals.
While this method can clean the entire surface, it is difficult to clean hard to reach areas. So, those who want to see a super clean roof must stay away from this method as it won’t comply with your demand.
Power wash or brush can be used for a squeaky-clean feeling, but it may damage the granules that protect your roof from damage. Hence, if you are using this method, you should choose the right scrubbers and brushes.
High-Pressure Power Washing process as it calls for a huge amount of water. People who are not lucky enough to get an adequate amount of water supply should forget about this method, or they should use eco-friendly roof cleaners.
What is The Best Roof Cleaner on The Market 2020?
I have listed some of the best roof cleaners that I trust the most. Please have a quick look at the list and find yourself the best roof cleaner.
- Best Overall: Bugs N’ All Multi-Surface Vehicle Cleaner
Easy to use, Non-toxic biodegradable formula, Odor and gloss free
- Best Budget: Wet and Forget 10587 Roof Cleaner
Easy and safe to use, Non-acidic, Versatile
- Best for Mold Removal: Wet and Forget 805048 Roof Cleaner
Non-acidic, no bleach, no phosphate, Effective nozzle spray, Easy to use
- Best for Vehicles: Gel-Gloss WW128 Roof Cleaner
Biodegradable and 100% safe, Easy to use, Suitable for all types of roof
- Best for SUVs: Karcher 9.558--146.0 Roof Cleaner
No residue, Clear-coat safe, Biodegradable formula
- Best for Outdoor Use: Spray & Forget SF1G-J Roof Cleaner
Eco-friendly and economical, Non-corrosive, No heavy metals, acid, phosphate, bleach
- Best for Exterior Mildew: Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner
No need for scrubbing, Extremely effective, Safe for landscaping applications
- Best for TPO Roofs: Camco 41063 Roof Cleaner
Easy to apply, Protection from future damage, Quick and convenient
- Best for Professionals: BEST 55048 Roof Cleaner
Prevents fungal growth, Easy to apply, Inexpensive
- Best for Domestic Use: RMR 141 RTU Roof Cleaner
No harsh chemicals, Non-abrasive, No scrubbing needed
- Best for RV & Trailers: Camco Pro-Tec 41453 Roof Cleaner
Dust resistant, Inexpensive, Less maintenance
- Best for Commercial Use: Dicor Corporation RP-RC-1GL Roof Cleaner
Eco-friendly, No abrasive ingredients, Anti-static formula
- Best for High-Performance: Bio-Kleen M00509 Roof Cleaner
Rinsing is not needed, Residue-free, Biodegradable and eco-friendly
- Best for Rubber Membrane RV Roofs: Propack 55128 Roof Cleaner
Easy to use, Non-petroleum formula, Effective and quick
- Best for EPDM Rubber Roofs: RV 67128 Roof Cleaner
Eco-friendly, Easy to apply and use, Protecting against UV rays
Best Roof Cleaner Comparison Table 2020
The comparison chart below will give you a quick overview of the best roof cleaner. Here I have compared the best roof cleaners based on their specifications. Please read this chart to find the best roof cleaner that can efficiently meet your needs.
|Best Roof Cleaners||Quantity||Concentration||Type|
|Bugs N’ All Multi-Surface Vehicle Cleaner - Best Overall||1 qt.||8 quarts from 1 quart||Spray|
|Wet and Forget 10587 Roof Cleaner - Best Budget||1 gallon||6 gallons from 1 gallon||Liquid|
|Wet and Forget 805048 Roof Cleaner - Best for Mold Removal||1.5 qt||Not specified||Spray|
|Gel-Gloss WW128 Roof Cleaner - Best for Vehicles||128 ounces||16 gallons from 1 gallon||Liquid|
|Karcher 9.558--146.0 Roof Cleaner - Best for SUVs||1 gallon||20 gallons from 1 gallon||Liquid|
|Spray & Forget SF1G-J Roof Cleaner - Best for Outdoor Use||1 gallon||10 gallons from 1 gallon||Liquid|
|Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner - Best for Exterior Mildew||1 gallon||3 gallons from 1 gallon||Liquid|
|Camco 41063 Roof Cleaner - Best for TPO Roofs||32 oz.||Not specified||Spray|
|BEST 55048 Roof Cleaner - Best for Professionals||48 oz||Not specified||Liquid|
|RMR 141 RTU Roof Cleaner - Best for Domestic Use||1 gallon||Not specified||Liquid|
|Camco Pro-Tec 41453 Roof Cleaner - Best for RV & Trailers||2 gallons||Not specified||Liquid|
|Dicor Corporation RP-RC-1GL Roof Cleaner - Best for Commercial Use||1 gallon||Not specified||Liquid|
|Bio-Kleen M00509 Roof Cleaner - Best for High-Performance||1 gallon||Not Specified||Liquid|
|Propack 55128 Roof Cleaner - Best for Rubber Membrane RV Roofs||128 ounces||2 gallons from 1 gallon||Liquid|
|RV 67128 Roof Cleaner - Best for EPDM Rubber Roofs||1 gallon||Not Specified||Liquid|
Top 15 Best Roof Cleaner To Buy 2020
If you’re not sure which roof cleaner can meet your needs, then check out the detailed reviews. It will help you to understand the specifications and features of the top 15 roof cleaners and make an informed decision.
1. Bugs N’ All Multi-Surface Vehicle Cleaner
Removing oxidation stains from your vehicles is not an easy task, especially if you use regular detergent cleaner. That’s why Prosol has launched this Bugs N’ All multi-surface vehicle cleaner that shows its results within 60 seconds. If you are looking for a product that will get rid of dirt, grime, stains, and grease from your vehicles in the shortest time, then you should try Bugs N All.
This cleaner uses advanced technology and proves to be an effective solution that can break down bugs and neutralizes the organic acid in a very short time period. It is free from polish and waxes that can degrade the surface quality. This versatile cleaner can be used to clean the exterior and interior of your car. It can be used on carpet, leather, paint, plastic, vinyl surfaces.
The reason why anyone would love this product is its high safety score. It does not contain any harsh chemicals that may cause harm to the environment. It has also been made from biodegradable material so that whenever you clean your surroundings, it doesn’t cause any side effects.
- It does not contain any added wax or polish that can leave your vehicle looking cloudy
- It can also be used to clean the interior as it does not ruin materials
- Smart technology makes this product 100% effective.
- You can make 8 quarts of liquid with 1 quart.
- Non-toxic and non-abrasive
- Easy to use
- Saves money
- No gloss added
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable formula
- Expensive as compared to other cleaners
- Can’t be used in sun exposure
|Concentration||8 quarts from 1 quart|
|Item Dimensions||8*8*12 inches|
2. Wet and Forget 10587 Roof Cleaner
If you have a busy schedule that does not leave you with just a few minutes to clean your roofs and other high places, then choose to purchase the Wet and Forget Mold and Mildew Stain Remover. The product is designed to help with the removal of moss, mold, stains, and mildew on exterior surfaces.
As with the name, you only have to spray and forget about it. Since it doesn’t require any scrubbing or rinsing, it saves you a lot of time or energy. This cleaner is designed with biodegradable materials to make it safe and clean for you to use.
Like other roof cleaners, this solution needs to be diluted. You can make 6 gallons of the solution with only 1 gallon. This cleaner works effectively on various surfaces, including aluminum, brick, clay, composite, fabric, metal, PVC, etc. Hence, you can use it for your vehicle cleaning as well.
- The product will reactivate after it rains to get rid of moss, mold, and stain
- Very economical as one gallon of the concentrated product can make 6 gallons
- The bottles and sprayers have a smart design that helps you achieve a fast and thorough cleaning.
- It is a blech fee roof cleaner
- Biodegradable formula
- Easy to use
- Safe to use
- It needs rain to wash off the dirt
- Not suitable for vehicle interior cleaning
|Concentration||6 gallons from 1 gallon|
|Item Dimensions||6.2*4.5*10.5 inches|
|Manufacturer||Wet and Forget|
3. Wet and Forget 805048 Roof Cleaner
(Best for Mold Removal)
When it comes to home exterior cleaning, you may fail to pay attention to out of reach places. With the Wet & Forget Hose End, you will be able to reach all the high places on the exterior of your house as it comes with a hose-end sprayer that can reach up to 30 feet high.
Since this is a non-acidic base formula and doesn’t contain any bleach, it can be used on a wide range of surfaces. It works well on mold, moss, algae, mildew, or any stubborn stains. It takes a couple of minutes to see its magic. Not only it removes all types of stains, but it also prevents mold formation for years to come.
However, this cleaner is highly corrosive, so it can cause some fatal issues if applied in windy weather. When you are using this cleaner, make sure you wear protective gear and keep your pets and kids indoors.
- Using this cleaner is very economical as it can cover around 2000 feet
- It is activated by the wind and rain to get rid of stains
- It is suitable for all exterior surfaces
- Non-acidic, no bleach, no phosphate
- No scrubbing or rinsing required
- Safe to use on a wide range of surfaces
- Easy to use
- Rapid results
- Non-refillable container
- Not safe for plants and pets
|Item Dimensions||7*4*11 inches|
|Manufacturer||Wet & Forget|
4. Gel-Gloss WW128 Roof Cleaner
(Best Roof Cleaner for Vehicles)
If you are looking for the best mold cleaner for fiberglass, reinforced plastic, or marble products, then check out the Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax from TR industries. This product has been designed to help you get the perfect finish effectively and economically. This product contains carnauba wax that makes your RV shine like a new one.
This Wax and Wash cleaner have been formulated from biodegradable material, and it does not contain phosphates or acids. For this reason, it is safe to use around pets and kids. With this product, you will achieve a new and polished look on your RV in very little time.
It has very high concentration; so, you can make 16 gallons of cleaner with only one quart of this product. It can remove dirt, grime, grease, and all the stubborn stains from your home roof as well as the vehicle roof. The best part about this product is that it cleans and waxes at the same time and saves you a lot of money and effort.
- It cleans without streaking and water spots
- It offers long term protection due to its long-lasting capabilities
- The product is three dimensional with the capability to clean, shine, and protect the surface
- Biodegradable and 100% safe
- Easy to use
- Suitable for all types of roof
- High concentration
- Not suitable to use in sunlight
- May not useful against heavy grime
|Concentration||16 gallons from 1 gallon|
|Item Dimensions||8.9*7.8*4.2 inches|
5. Karcher 9.558--146.0 Roof Cleaner
(Best for SUVs)
Karcher Car Wash & Wax promises you to give a quick and cleaner look to your vehicle without leaving any residue and spots behind. It helps to rinse off any unwanted material from the surface of your truck, car, motorcycle, SUV, and many more automobiles.
This biodegradable car wash and wax cleaner has no bleach. So, you need not worry about damaging your pressure washer or vehicle’s delicate surfaces. It is safe to use around pets, kids, and plants. Though it is a little pricey, the results shown by this cleaner is worth the money you will spend on this cleaner.
- It is highly concentrated with one gallon producing at least 20 gallons
- It cleans to perfection without leaving any residue to the exterior of your car
- The cleaner makes washing safe both for you and the vehicle
- Biodegradable formula
- Safe for vehicles
- Quick and fast results
- Highly concentrated
- Light wax protection
- Car wash only
|Concentration||20 gallons from 1 gallon|
|Item Dimensions||7*10.3*4.5 inches|
6. Spray & Forget SF1G-J Roof Cleaner
(Best for Outdoor Use)
Those who are looking for a roof cleaner that is a concentrated yet non-corrosive, non-acidic, non-caustic, eco-friendly formula should try Spray & Forget Revolutionary Roof Cleaner. It deep cleans the exterior surfaces of your house and removes all the grime, dirt, algae streaks and strains, and dissolves tough stains.
This cleaner does not contain any bleach and removes the streaks without damaging the integrity of the roof. This cleaner can be applied on all exterior surfaces like roofs, fences, shutters, decking, sidings, etc. This product requires no rinsing, making it quite easy to use. The cleaner removes both black and green algae along with fungus, lichen, and mildew stains from the roofs effectively.
It is a highly concentrated solution by which you can make 10-gallons of the solution with a one-gallon bottle. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, metals, or phosphates that can harm the environment. In case you’re dealing with harsh stains, it is good for your undiluted liquid.
- It works on all exterior surface
- It is free from bleach and phosphate
- It doesn’t require brushing and rinsing
- Eco-friendly and economical
- Cleans a vast area of 2000 sq.ft
- No harsh chemicals
- No requirement for rinsing
- May not be effective on tough stains
- Doesn’t work as fast as other cleaners
|Concentration||10 gallons from 1 gallon|
|Item Dimensions||7.2*4.8*10 inches|
|Manufacturer||Spray & Forget|
7. Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner
(Best for Exterior Mildew)
Mold Armor FG503 E-Z House Wash is an all-in-one cleaner that removes dirt, debris, mold, mildew, fungi, and algae stains from the exterior surface of the house. This heavy-duty yet non-toxic and non-abrasive formula makes this cleaner safe to use on various surfaces like bricks, fences, trim and painted decks, concrete, vinyl, aluminum, wood sidings, and many more.
It shows its results within a few minutes. You only need to spray it on and wait for a few minutes before using a pressure washer. You can apply the product with a garden sprayer, tank sprayer, roller, or sponge to clean the exterior surfaces of your house.
However, its concentration is not as high as other roof cleaners; you can only make 3 gallons of the solution with one gallon. But according to its price, I think it is worth it to spend money on this roof cleaner.
- It is ideal for a wide range of surfaces
- It is inexpensive and works quickly
- It covers up to 2,000 sq.ft. area easily
- It shows results within 10 minutes
- No need for scrubbing
- Extremely effective.
- Safe for landscaping applications
- Low concentration as compared to other cleaners
- A little amount of bleach
|Concentration||3 gallons from 1 gallon|
|Item Dimensions||4.8*7.1*10.2 inches|
8. Camco 41063 Roof Cleaner
(Best for TPO Roofs)
An RV roof lasts for 10-12 years, but the lifespan of an RV can be increased by 8-10 years with some care and using the right roof cleaner. The Camco 41063 rubber roof cleaner is a powerful cleaner that can give a new look to your RV trailer while removing black streaks and road grime with only one application.
The cleaner not only cleans but also conditions the roof because its formula is blended with conditioner and surfactants. It cleans oxidation, and black streaks, tree sap, road film, and tough grime from the surface of the RV rubber roof. It even prevents future damage to the roof, thereby extending its lifespan.
- It is perfect for deep cleaning and conditioning
- It increases your RV rubber roof’s life
- It can be applied to EPDM and TPO roofs as well
- Easy to apply
- Protection from future damage
- Quick and convenient
- Not suitable for home roof cleaning
- Scrubbing needed for stubborn stains
|Item Dimensions||3*5*12 inches|
9. BEST 55048 Roof Cleaner
(Best for Professionals)
Those who find it difficult to clean heavy road film and tough grime from their RV trailers, they need a cleaner and protectant like the B.E.S.T. 55048 roof cleaner. This non-petroleum formula cleans all these stuff without much effort and extends the lifespan of RV rubber roof matting.
Apart from this, it is blended with protective ingredients. Hence, it even deals with changing weather by providing a protective and clean coating on the rubber roof for a long time. It can clean, moisturize, and condition in just a step, and prevents the growth of mold, mildew, and fungus on your RV roof.
The best part about this roof cleaner is that it is easy to use. You only need to spray the solution and wait for a few minutes. It will do its work without any scrubbing. However, this product is not biodegradable. Hence, it is not safe for the environment.
- It cleans streaks, grimes, oxidation marks, and road film effectively
- It extends the life of the rubber surface
- It prevents mold and mildew formation on the roof
- Prevents fungal growth
- Protection against ultraviolet rays
- Easy to apply
- Small in size
- Not eco-friendly
|Item Dimensions||8.5*4.8*3.5 inches|
10. RMR 141 RTU Roof Cleaner
(Best for Domestic Use)
Finding it difficult to get rid of molds and mildews? If yes, then RMR-141 RTU roof cleaner is the best option. It is an EPA-registered disinfectant that kills and inhibits the growth of mildew, mold, bacteria, and viruses within 15 seconds. All you need to do is spray it on the roof and wait for a few seconds. You will see them disappear in no time.
The cleaner also acts as a sanitizer and deodorizer that eliminates odor and disinfects in one easy-step application. You won’t need any brushing or scrubbing. Whether you want to remove mold from the concrete wall, tiles, sidings, grout, fiberglass, metal, vinyl, or any other surface, its powerful formula breaks down all the dirt.
The cleaner’s positively charged formula tracks and engulfs negatively charged bacteria. The product can be used on most commercial and residential surfaces. Also, you can use it in every corner of your house, such as basements, behind and under sinks, kitchens, etc.
- There is no dilution needed to use this product
- It can block the stain from coming back up to 5 months
- 1-gallon is sufficient to clean an area of 400 sq.ft
- It completely eradicates molds, mildews, and other microorganisms
- It disinfects surfaces in one application
- No harsh chemicals
- No scrubbing needed
- You may need to wipe it after some time
- Not effective on tough streaks
|Item Dimensions||11.8*6.1*5.9 inches|
11. Camco Pro-Tec 41453 Roof Cleaner
(Best for RV & Trailers)
Cleaning up the excessive road junk, water spots, grease, grime, black streaks, and oxidation marks that get accumulated over the years from RVs with rubber roofs is a mess. If you are seeking ways to get rid of this mess, then Camco 41453 RV Rubber Roof cleaner is here to rescue this problem.
It is a 2-step roof cleaner. The first step of this roof cleaner is to clean various stains, grime deposits and condition the RV rubber roof. The second step involves the implementation of a protective layer that prevents sedimentation of any dirt, protects from Ultraviolet damage, and also prevents chalking of the roof and minimizes maintenance.
This roof cleaner comes with a gallon of cleaner and one-gallon protectant. However, it is not biodegradable. Hence, it can be harmful to the environment.
- It is suitable for EPDE roofs, but not for TPO roofs
- It helps extend the lifespan of RV roof
- It can clean away tree sap and road grime
- It prevents further accumulation of dirt
- Reduces maintenance
- UV protection to the roof
- Dust resistant
- Not suitable on heavy road grime
- Makes the surface too slick after application
|Item Dimensions||10.9*10*7.6 inches|
12. Dicor Corporation RP-RC-1GL Roof Cleaner
(Best for Commercial Use)
This Rubber Roof Cleaner by Dicor Corporation is one of the gentle RV roof cleaners available in the market. It can clear up unwanted stains, grime, sap sediments, and many other marks from your RV roof. Also, the product prevents your RV from oil stains and residue build-ups, thereby protecting the outer of your vehicle.
This product doesn’t contain petroleum distillates or other abrasive ingredients, hence acts gently on the rubber surface, thus preventing the cleanser from eating into the rubber and denting it at spots. It is easy to use. All you need to do is apply it on a soft mop or brush and scrub the surface and rinse it off.
However, there is no protectant associated with it. But you can use Dicor’s protectant along with RV cleaner for long-lasting results.
- It is specially designed for RV Rubber roofs
- It is made up of biodegradable materials
- It contains water-softeners.
- It gets rid of unwanted stains quickly
- Cheaper and easy to use
- Prevents cracking, drying, or tearing of the roof
- It can be used on all rubber RV roofs.\
- No abrasive ingredients
- Anti-static formula
- Often fails to remove hard stains and oxidation marks
- You have to rinse off after cleaning
|Item Dimensions||12*7.5*4 inches|
13. Bio-Kleen M00509 Roof Cleaner
(Best for High-Performance)
Bio-Kleen M00509 Black Streak Remover is a dual-purpose roof cleaner, which also acts as a protectant. Not only does it remove soils and watermarks, but the product also specializes in removing oxidation marks, black stains, chalk residue, etc. from the boats, RVs, and trailers.
Though the roof cleaner is extremely active, it uses biodegradable eco-friendly ingredients only, which helps in removing rust stains from scratch, leaving no residual marks. Also, it provides UV protection to your RV roofs.
Besides cleaning rubber roofs, the product can work on different materials such as PVC, EPDM, etc. The application of wax on the spot is advised after usage. It is easy to use. All you need to do is spray it on, wait for a few minutes, wipe it off, and you're done. It will give you a sparkling clean, streak-free surface.
- It can be used as a disinfectant
- It dissolves all bugs and microhabitats
- It is easy to apply and use
- Effectively removes mold, mildew, black stains, and streaks
- Rinsing is not needed
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly
- If used undiluted and in excess, it can corrode rubber and plastic
|Concentration||2-4 oz per gallon of water for light duty|
32-64 oz per gallon of water for heavy-duty
|Item Dimensions||5*5*11 inches|
14. Propack 55128 Roof Cleaner
(Best for Rubber Membrane RV Roofs)
Best 55128 Rubber Roof Cleaner/Protectant is a two-in-one roof cleaner. It combines cleansing with conditioning, thus making a perfect protection mechanism for rubber roofs and surfaces. This roof cleaner removes dirt, sap and grime, water spots, streaks, road film, and all sorts of marks that occurred due to oxidation.
This product is composed of a non-petroleum formula that ensures deep cleaning of your RV roof. It also increases the lifespan of your rubber roof matting by its dual action of cleaning and conditioning in one easy application.
You may clean your RV rubber roof surface with this roof cleaner twice a year to prevent mold, mildew, and fungus growth on your roof and give it a brand-new appearance. It is easy to use, but make sure you dilute it with water in a 1:1 ratio.
- One-third of this solution can cover an area of 30 feet.
- The non-petroleum formula won’t affect your car’s exterior
- It has long-lasting results.
- It is ideal for various types of stains
- Dual-action of cleaning and conditioning
- It improves rubber roof matting and lifespan
- Effective and long-lasting results
- Not eco-friendly
|Concentration||2 gallons of the solution with 1 gallon|
|Item Dimensions||11*7*3.5 inches|
15. RV 67128 Roof Cleaner
(Best for EPDM Rubber Roofs)
RV Rubber Roof Cleaner – Protect All 67128 is the last roof cleaner with which I will end the list. It’s a safe, biodegradable, non-toxic, non-abrasive chemical formula that prevents your rubber roof from cracks, tears up, or bubbles. This roof cleaner can be used to clean your home roofs as well.
This dual-purpose product acts both as a cleaner and a protectant. It is usable on various types of EPDM RV rubber roofs, thus making the roof cleaner extremely versatile. Heavy grime and sap accumulation, oxidation marks, water spots, grease residues, rust marks – this beast can clear all types of stains. Most importantly, it prevents roof chalking.
The roof cleaner coats the rubber roof with a tough polymer creating an anti-static barrier, which keeps away all sorts of dirt and reduces chalking. Also, it provides your EPDM rubber roof with UV protection, which diminishes the maintenance cost of your RV roof by 75%. As there are no soapy detergent materials in this roof cleaner, hand rinsing is not necessary.
- It is made up of gentle ingredients.
- It dissolves grime and reduces roof chalking
- It provides a tough polymer coating.
- You can clean up to 100 sq.ft with one gallon.
- Easy to apply and use
- Protecting against UV rays
- No rinsing needed
- Tough stains require scrubbing
- It forms white streaks
|Item Dimensions||10.7*7.2*4 inches|
How to Use a Roof Cleaner?
- When it comes to roof cleaning, you must first choose a roof cleaner as per the surface of the roof. For instance, if you want to clean your home roof, made up of stone or bricks, choose a harsh cleaner. On the other hand, if you want to clean your RV roof, choose a roof cleaner that is safe for RV roof cleaning.
- Now check the weather conditions. Choose a cool day with little winds to clean your roof as it will ensure that the cleaner gets absorbed properly by the surface.
- Now prepare the surface for the application of roof cleaner. Get rid of leaves and residue before applying a layer of roof cleaner.
- Now depending upon the complexity of stains and instructions mentioned on the bottle, dilute the roof cleaning solution with the water. While most of the roof cleaners need to be diluted before application, in case your cleaner is a pre-made solution, you need not dilute your roof cleaner.
- Now put the solution in the sprayer and spray it all over the roof. While harsh chemicals need not any scrubbing or rinsing, if you’re using eco-friendly roof cleaner, use a soft scrubber to clean the stubborn stains and rinse it with fresh water.
- These are the steps that you need to follow to clean your roof. While roof cleaning seems like an easy task, it is not; you may end up injuring yourself. Hence, it is wise to consult a professional to help or wear safety gear like helmet, shoes, goggles, gloves, etc. while the roof cleaning process.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Roof Cleaner
With time, the roof surfaces of the cars and houses get dirty, and constant clinging of dirt on the roof can cause permanent damage. Roof cleaning can be a hazardous job. Besides the magnitude of the work, its execution, and procedure of care make the task a more daunting one. Here is where roof cleaners come into play.
There are several roof cleaners available in the market that perform the work efficiently and help in removing dust, fungi, rust stains, lichens, mildew, and mold. However, not all roof cleaners can be used for all roof types. To help you choose the best roof cleaner, I will discuss certain factors that one should consider before purchasing a liquid roof cleaner. Without wasting much time, let’s get started.
The most important element when it comes to purchasing a roof cleaner for house and car is the chemical composition of the cleaner. It is best to buy a roof cleaner that is manufactured with eco-friendly substances, having very little or no chemical element.
You don’t need to give special care while dealing with this type of roof cleaner. Moreover, environment-friendly cleaners will not harm the roof surfaces; it will be in its proper state while giving you amazing results. Non-bleach solutions are degradable and work instantly to give quicker results. This feature keeps both the user and the environment safe. So, always opt for eco-friendly roof cleaners for effective cleaning as well as to maintain safety.
Another factor that is to be certainly considered when buying a roof cleaner is the coverage. The coverage details are indicated on the containers of most of the roof cleaners. The factor that affects the coverage of roof cleaners is whether the solution requires dilution or not.
Usually, the roof cleaning solutions that can be diluted gives more coverage as compared to the solutions that are non-dilutable ones. However, if you need to clean the tough mosses, then you must go for a more effective roof cleaner than the one with more coverage.
Roof cleaners must be chosen according to the kind of roof materials because various roof materials are likely to react differently to different cleaners. In case one is having a roof that is made of metal, stone, or other sturdy materials, he/she must undoubtedly use the harsh cleaners.
But, if one is having a rubber roofing or any other soft material, as in case of car roofs, gentle roof cleaners should be chosen to prevent damage. It must also be noted that if a rubber roof cleaner is used on a fiber-glass surface, the result can be severe and may also require repair. So, a cleaner must be chosen according to the roof surface.
Another essential factor to consider is the ease of application of the roof cleaner. Most of the roof cleaners are used on the surface by spraying. After the solution is sprayed, it can be left as it is, and it will do the work itself.
On the other side, there are roof cleaners that need to be scrubbed to work effectively. There are even products that require rinsing, while others do not. So, in order to choose a good roof cleaner for a house or car, ease of application depends entirely upon the user.
While searching for a good roof cleaner, the buyers usually come up with various kinds of questions. I am going to discuss some of the most common questions below.
My Top Pick
I hope that this article has helped you to choose the best roof cleaner that can meet your needs efficiently. However, before you buy a roof cleaner, do remember the factors you should consider when buying the roof cleaner.
While all the roof cleaners on my list are the best, I liked Bugs N’ All Multi-Surface Vehicle Cleaner the most. This powerful roof cleaner is made up of biodegradable material. Hence, it is an eco-friendly product. Apart from this, it has no harsh chemicals. It is safe to use around pets and plants.
Do you know any other best roof cleaners? Do you have any tips for choosing the best roof cleaner? If yes, don’t forget to share it with me. And if you have any queries, feel free to ask. I’ll love to answer your queries.