You have probably heard about the eco nuts or the soap nuts and maybe you are already interested in buying them. But since there is not such a wide subject in the media, some advice would help you out.
You can buy soap nuts online everywhere, but do you really know what they are good for? In this article, I will answer all your questions and many more. I will do a soap nuts review for hair, as well as teach you how to reach the waste-free laundry using these simple cleansers.
Soap nuts are the newest, yet the oldest planet-friendly trend, which is not surprising at all, considering that they are made of 100% organic ingredients. Therefore, there are no chemicals added and the washing process is 100% cruelty-free.
What Are Soap Nuts?
The nuts are special soaps that contain saponins, which is a surfactant substance. Combined with water, this substance creates bacteria and dirt fighting soaps. It is actually the fruit pulp that has been, for a long time, used by indigenous cultures for maybe thousands of years.
- Top 15 Best Wood Cleaner Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Cleaner for Soap Scum on the Market 2021
- Top 12 Best Brass Cleaners Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Roof Cleaner to Buy in 2021
- Top 12 Best Drain Cleaner Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Marble Cleaner to Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Granite Cleaners in 2021
- Top 15 Best All-Purpose Cleaner Reviews 2021
Therefore, when you get a soap nuts free sample or buy soap nut products, you will have the fruit of the nut, which is dried, and have the pit/nut all removed.
These soap nuts are very gentle, as such, perfect for delicate fabrics and quite effective. You can use them on workout clothes, even biking clothes and they will remove all the sweat and dirt.
Among all of this, they are free of chemicals, fragrances or any toxins. The soap nuts sprouts are also hypoallergenic, very efficient in terms of washing and have a small carbon footprint because they really weigh so little.
Soap Nuts – Tips and Tricks
Soap nuts can be used in multiple ways. For instance, you will hear about the soap nuts shampoo or the soap nuts for the dishwasher. So, let’s check out the most popular ways to use these products:
- Boil them in a specific quantity of water and use them, after cooling, for the process for carpet cleaning;
- As all-purpose cleaner;
- On stainless steel;
- As a glass cleaner;
- As a leaner for jewelry;
- To generate suds and spray them onto plants to deter pests;
- For washing the car;
- Make personal-care products using soap nuts;
- Make a mild detergent for body wash alternative;
- Perfect as a cleaner for eczema and other skin conditions.
Now that you know how you can stay in the soap nuts ecozone, let’s discuss some easy “recipes” and how many nuts you should use or how much water you need to create the best soap nut cleanser. It all depends on how strong you want the future soap product to be.
If you want to create an all-purpose surface cleaner, boil 5 nuts in somewhere around 4 cups of water for only a couple of minutes, then leave all this cool. If you want a more concentrated cleanser, you can boil some 10 nuts in around 6 cups of water and leave it for about 20 minutes.
If you want to extend the soap nuts essential oils life or the soap nuts laundry detergent recipe, you can keep the soapy liquid in the fridge.
Which Are The Best Soap Nuts to Buy?
Last but not least, the best way to advertise a product can be the people’s thoughts and experience with it. If you are not convinced yet, maybe you should have a look at the testimonials for each product on our list.
- Best Overall – NaturOli Extreme 18X
“I used it even for housekeeping cleaning, and it works on every surface.”
- Best Pack – Green will Organic Soap Nuts
“The cotton wash bags are great, especially if you want to use the product on laundry.”
- Best Shampoo for Dry Hair – NaturOli Soap Nuts For Dry Hair
“My scalp used to be so sensitive, until this natural shampoo. Works great!”
- Best for Laundry – Eco Nuts USDA Soap Nuts
“Not only that cleans the laundry, but also softens it nicely.”
- Best Shampoo for Oily Hair – NaturOli Soap Nuts For Oily Hair
“I love it has no fragrance and not chemicals to harm my hair.”
- Best Hair Conditioner – NaturOli Extreme Hair Moisturizing
“My hair is nice moisturized, and my scalp problems were nicely reduced.”
- Most Complex – COCOBOO Soap Nuts Shampoo
“My hair looks fresh and clean, so this chemical-free shampoo is my favorite product now.”
- Best Powder – Merlion Naturals Organic Shikakai Powder
“This moisturizer is full of vitamins, my hair is stronger and dandruff has gone.”
- Best for Hair Growth – Tree To Tub Soap Nuts
“This shampoo is full of vitamins that will stimulate hair growth.”
- Best Soap Bar – NaturOli Soap Nuts Bar
“The exfoliating feature leaves the skin so soft, while the olives hydrate it.”
Soap Nut Comparison Chart 2021
Like on every market in this world, there are better or least good products. I have selected the top 10 best soap nuts and gathered them up on a table. Here, you will find some similarities, yet differences between these products and be able to have an overlook on them.
Let’s discover the best products on the market and the main characteristics to pay attention to.
|Best Soap Nuts||Smell||Weight||Product Dimension||Volume|
|NaturOli Extreme 18X - Best Overall||Odourless||8 ounces||2 x 2 x 9 inches||8 oz.|
|Greenwill Organic Soap Nuts - Best Pack||Odourless||3 pounds||5 x 5 x 5 inches||n/a|
|NaturOli Soap Nuts For Dry Hair - Best Shampoo for Dry Hair||Odourless||0.16 ounces||3 x 3 x 10 inches||16 oz.|
|Eco Nuts USDA Soap Nuts - Best for Laundry||Odourless||1.2 pounds||2.5 x 2.5 x 8.5 inches||16 oz.|
|NaturOli Soap Nuts For Oily Hair - Best Shampoo for Oily Hair||Odourless||0.16 ounces||3 x 3 x 10 inches||16 oz.|
|NaturOli Extreme Hair Moisturizing - Best Hair Conditioner||Odourless||0.16 ounces||2 x 2 x 9 inches||8 oz.|
|COCOBOO Soap Nuts Shampoo - Most Complex||Earthy||1.1 pounds||n/a||16.9 oz.|
|Merlion Naturals Organic Shikakai Powder - Best Powder||Odourless||8.2 ounces||6.1 x 3.5 x 2 inches||8 oz.|
|Tree To Tub Soap Nuts - Best for Hair Growth||Eucalyptus||9 ounces||2.2 x 2.2 x 6 inches||8.5 oz|
|NaturOli Soap Nuts Bar - Best Soap Bar||Odourless||n/a||n/a||2 * 3 ounce|
Top 10 Best Soap Nuts Reviews 2021
1. NaturOli Extreme 18X Soap Nuts
NaturOli Extreme stands on the first place in my top, as it is 18 times more concentrated than other soap nuts. This product can be used as liquid detergent, as well as a cleaner on the market.
Do you have to clean the laundry and want to use a natural product? Well, this NaturOli soap nuts will leave the laundry all soft, fresh and fragrance-free.
Moreover, it is easy to use, and you need only to dilute it if you are looking for a non-toxic, sager household cleaning purposes.
- Certified organic soap nut;
- Perfect to use for laundry;
- Multi-purpose cleaning;
- Natural and organic;
- Lowest carbon footprint.
- You need to dilute it for proper use.
|Product Dimensions||2 x 2 x 9 inches|
|Purpose||Landry and all-purpose cleaning|
|Certification||USDA Organic Soap Berries|
I really believe that this product is one of the best multi-purpose detergent, which you can safely use for cleaning the laundry, as a household green cleaner, as well as a cleaning solution for different surfaces in the house. If you are looking for a very convenient way of cleaning the house, as well as a totally natural soap, look at this one.
People who have sensitive skin and noses, or encounter some skin irritations due to the commercial detergents should use the best soap nuts.
2. Greenwill Organic Soap Nuts
If you are looking for a friendly pack for your future soap nuts, the GreenWill Organic Soap is coming with nice advantages to consider. The Net soapberry weights only 3 pounds, and includes two 4×4 inches cotton wash bags.
These soapberries are inspected and packed in US South Carolina, and its origins are really safe.
- Organic soapberry;
- Cruelty-free product;
- Made of the soapberry tree;
- Comes with cotton wash bags.
- Harder to use because it is a solid soap nut.
|Product Dimensions||5 x 5 x 5 inches|
|Purpose||Laundry cleaner and softener|
|Special details||Includes cotton wash bags|
The thing I enjoyed the most at this soap nuts is the package of this because it includes 4×4 inches cotton wash bags. Moreover, you can be sure about the origin of this product, as it is well inspected and packed.
If you want another reason to buy this kind of soap nut, you should know that its origins are the soapberry tree. This way, they are a natural detergent but can be used as cosmetics and medicine as well.
Here is a video on how to use the soap nuts.
3. NaturOli Soap Nuts For Dry Hair
(Best Shampoo for Dry Hair)
The organic NaturOli Soap is one of the most popular products in this list, as it is 100% botanical and sulfate-free. If you have a sensitive scalp and look for a bio product to help you wash your hair properly, the NaturOli soap deserves your attention.
Perfect for “normal to oily” and “normal to dry” hair, this pure shampoo will have a gentle action and will clean nicely the hair. Whether you want a brief detox for your hair or just want to move to a more natural way of cleaning your hair, the NaturOli will offer you the perfect combination.
- Large 16-oz recyclable bottle;
- Conditioning shampoo;
- Safe for color-treated hair;
- Certified USDA organic soap;
- Rinses nicely the hair;
- Contains no parabens, no alcohol, and no irritating chemicals.
- Need to come with a conditioner if you have very dry hair.
|Product Dimensions||3 x 3 x 10 inches|
|Purpose||For dry hair|
The NaturOli shampoo for dry hair is a high-quality natural cleaner, ultra-rich and with a gentle action on the hair. Although it is a natural cleaner, this shampoo is very powerful, has a gentle action and works as a brief detox.
For the best results, let the shampoo to action for 1 minute and enjoy the detox sensation. This shampoo will rid the hair and scalp from any hazardous chemicals and residues.
Check out the next video to see how you can use soap nuts for washing the hair.
4. Eco Nuts USDA Soap Nuts
(Best for Laundry)
Are you looking for waste-free laundry detergent? The Eco Nuts Liquid Detergent has great power in cleaning, softening and refreshing the clothes. For people who are sensitive and have allergies to commercial detergents, this is the best alternative to consider.
This detergent contains no toxic chemicals and it is a sustainable option for cleaning the laundry. Looking for a green cleaning solution in your house? Just give a try to the Eco Nuts Organic Liquid Detergent.
- Safe for delicate, sensitive skin;
- 2-in-2 dual-action laundry solution;
- Can be used as a detergent or fabric softener;
- Delicate to any type of textile;
- Totally cruelty-free;
- Ideal for an eco-friendly lifestyle;
- Safe for septic and greywater systems;
- Organic laundry soap;
- Ultra-concentrated might need to dilute it.
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 8.5 inches|
|Number of uses||48|
This is the new trend of washing the laundry, and the Eco Nuts did a great job when I tested this brand. Not only is the product eco-friendly, biodegradable and leaves no stains, but it also cleans the laundry gently and leaves it all smooth.
The products of the Eco Nuts have never been tested on animals, but on different types of textiles, to see exactly what is suited for. Also, if you have allergies from the commercial detergents, consider buying an eco soap nut.
5. NaturOli Soap Nuts For Oily Hair
(Best Shampoo for Oily Hair)
Oily hair tends to get dirty so fast. But not as long as you are using the right product to clean it. The all-natural soap nuts have become the most popular eco products, available for both “normal to oily” and “normal to dry”.
100% botanical, and also sulfate-free, the NaturOli soap is all made with certified organic soap nuts. The shampoo is made of high-quality, ultra-rich, botanical extracts, specially created for hair and scalp issues.
The NaturOli soap is powerful but has yet gentle action.
- Safe for color-treated hair;
- Reduces fading;
- Balances secretion of the oil glands;
- Free of parabens, petroleum, sulfates, and alcohol;
- USDA certified organic soap.
- Might dry the hair.
|Product Dimensions||3 x 3 x 10 inches|
|Purpose||For oily hair|
If you want to get rid of the chemicals which are present in all the shampoos in your supermarket, you should look for these natural soap nuts for oily hair. You will be enjoying the detox feel, as well as a truly natural shampoo for daily scalp care.
This natural shampoo was awarded, and its ability to become a personal use product made this eco shampoo one of the most popular in this industry. Free of parabens, glycols, sulfates, alcohol or any chemical fragrances, this shampoo is perfect even for the most sensitive scalps.
6. NaturOli Extreme Hair Moisturizing Soap Nuts
(Best Hair Conditioner)
The organic extreme hair moisturizing has become one of the most popular products from NaturOli. Made of 99.9% natural ingredients and all sulfate-free, this formula will offer great care.
Ultra-rich, this moisturizer is powerful, has a gentle action and it targets the hair and scalp issues. You will see the results after the very first use.
- Organic formula;
- No added fragrances;
- Rinses well and leaves the hair tangle-free;
- Great for all types of hair;
- Offers texture and volume;
- Powerful, yet gentle action;
- Safe for color-treated hair;
- Hydrates and revitalizes;
- Need to buy the shampoo for the best results.
|Product Dimensions||2 x 2 x 9 inches|
Ideal for purifying and hydrating the scalp, this moisturizing formula has a gentle action. Also, it promises to restore even the most damaged hair, from heat, sun, processing, even from the previous chemical products you have used before.
If you want to go on the eco path of cleaning the hair, don’t forget about the importance of a good moisturizer. If you have coloured hair, don’t worry, as this moisturizer is perfect and safe for color-treated hair.
7. COCOBOO Soap Nuts Shampoo
I have labeled the Cocoboo Soap Nuts Shampoo the most complex product, as it has the most important advantages all gathered together. This cruelty-free product is going to clean nicely the hair, without containing any bad ingredient, just natural components.
100% chemical-free, this shampoo is made of soapberries, also called soap nuts, which are those berries that are able to produce a soap called saponin. This little ingredient will operate as a natural surfactant.
- Made with USDA organic soap nuts;
- Natural surfactant;
- 100% chemical-free;
- Perfect even for babies;
- Natural and biodegradable;
- Made with pure ingredients;
- Safe and gentle for sensitive skin;
- Never tested on animals;
- No chemicals added.
- Comes only in big packages.
|Purpose||For all types of hair|
If you are looking for a natural, organic shampoo, that contains no chemicals, this gentle shampoo will clean and protect your scalp. Hypoallergenic, this shampoo will never damage your hair.
Moreover, it will take care of it. The way to use it is very simple. You just need to apply the shampoo on wet hair, then gently massage the scalp and rinse it away. Then dry the hair with a towel.
8. Merlion Naturals Organic Shikakai Powder
It is time to discuss a revolutionary product, the powder. If you don’t want to use normal soap nuts for hair, well, Merlion Naturals Powder is an excellent natural cleanser that deserves to enter in your ritual.
All-natural, this free of any chemical additives powder will add some shine and softness to your hair. High in vitamins A, C, K, and D, the powder also contains other antioxidants that will help the hair on growth.
As the hair follicles need plenty of nourishment, the powder will stimulate the hair to grow thicker and gain the vitamins it needs. The powder contains Shikakai, which is known as the Hair Fruit.
- Excellent natural cleanser;
- Adds shine and softness to the hair;
- 100% organic;
- No chemical additives;
- High in vitamins A, C, K, D;
- Dandruff control;
- Soothes the hair;
- Moisturizes the dry scalp;
- Great conditioner.
- You need to prepare it, as this is a powder.
|Product Dimensions||6.1 x 3.5 x 2 inches|
|Type||Shampoo & conditioner|
If your hair needs hydration, then why not try a natural product to “feed” your hair and scalp? The Shikakai powder will help the growth of the hair, and keep dandruff off.
If your hair is very fine, this moisturizer will gently detangle the hair and give it a thicker dimension. The formula has a naturally low pH and it is free of oils.
9. Tree To Tub Soap Nuts
(Best for Hair Growth)
The Tree to Tub Soap Nuts product is going to naturally luscious the thick hair, due to the soapberries that will deep clean the follicles in a natural way. All organic, this conditioner will deep clean the follicles and remove the dirt in a minute.
Most of the products are labeled as natural or sensitive, but very few really do what they promise. The Soapberry For Hair from Tree to Tub is going to nourish and protect the hair cuticles.
While it nourishes the hair, this conditioner is also anti-dandruff and will drift the hair in pure joy.
- Great hair growth formula;
- Natural and sensitive;
- Covers the toxic coatings of hair;
- Maintains the natural pH at 5.5;
- Activate the DHT blocker botanicals;
- Growth boosting complex and full of vitamins;
- Organic healing botanicals;
- Free from sulfates, parabens, and silicone;
- Recommended by the dermatologists;
- Refreshing touch, offered by the tea tree and eucalyptus;
- Suitable for women and men.
- Might not work against hair loss for everyone.
|Product Dimensions||2.2 x 2.2 x 6 inches|
|Purpose||For hair growth|
If you are looking for a good-quality shampoo, to remove the unhealthy follicle deposits, while maintaining the pH at the proper level, this Tree to Tub deserves your attention.
It also contains vitamins, such as A, B3, B5, B7, C, D, E, as well as Biotin, Caffeine, and Rosemary. The best part? It is suited to all hair types, so anyone can use it.
10. NaturOli Soap Nuts Bar
(Best Soap Bar)
This handmade soap is one of a kind. If you want to get the best of a regular soap nut, enjoy the olive oil presented in this unique soap bar. This is a hand made cold-pressed soap, which contains no harsh additives or synthetic ingredients.
The natural glycerin will nicely bathe your skin. Due to its special ingredients, the soap bar offers a smooth exfoliating. Make sure you buy these items as fast as you can, as it is in a limited edition, all cold-pressed, with a nice, simple fragrance.
- Handmade soap bar;
- Won the “Best Natural And Organic Brands in the Market”;
- Has a USDA Certification;
- Slightly exfoliating;
- Full of antioxidants;
- Anti-aging properties;
- Very nourishing for the skin.
- Doesn’t have a very pleasant smell.
|Purpose||Anti age and exfoliating|
If you love hand-made cosmetics and also want to explore the great world of the soapberries, this cold-pressed bar is perfect for you.
The great part of this soap has a unique blend, with olives, which are hydrating the skin. Moreover, this soap bar has healthy oils that will nourish the skin, while the anti-bacterial feature will keep away the germs.
There are no synthetic fragrances, so if you are sensitive to hard smells, this one’s for you.
Buying Guide. How to Choose the Best Soap Nuts?
When you want to switch the cleaning methods to some natural ones and avoid all the chemicals that are everywhere in the ordinary detergents, you should focus on some important aspects.
As such, it is not that important to search for things such as where to buy soap nuts near me, but HOW you should purchase them.
Therefore, make sure you check the following points on the next list:
- They should be completely natural. Look for all-natural soap nuts, that contain none of the chemicals that are present in the commercial laundry detergents
- They need to be allergy-friendly. Make sure to read if there are any fragrances or chemicals in the soap nuts you are going to buy. Also, nut allergies are also safe.
- Antibacterial and antifungal. Make sure the saponins in the soap nuts will help you ward off the pathogens, such as the common kitchen fungi or the black mold.
- Make sure they are affordable and the soap nuts leave no residues.
- Buy soap nuts by weight and never by considering the loads claimed
- Look for only “DE-SEEDED” soap nuts
- Don’t look for the “hype” soap nuts, but for the real ones
- Look for the suppliers that are proven reliable
- Make sure that the certain soap nuts are returnable
- Don’t look mainly be the price as a determining factor
- Only buy Trifoliatus or Mukorossi soap nuts
Where to Buy Soap Nuts From?
If you want to be sure about the best place to buy soap nuts, go to the health food stores, or even order them online through herbs shops. Make sure that you order a batch that will come with some muslin bags so that you can use them directly when cleaning the laundry.
Last Thoughts and Personal Experience
If you are on your way on adopting a vegan life or just want to use a natural cleanser, then consider the soap nuts, whether they come from Europe or they are soap nuts Indonesia made.
You can buy these simple soap nuts from most of the health food stores, or even online.
If you had a nice experience with the soap nuts and with a certain brand, then let me know, in the comments below. Also, if you have more questions to ask, don’t hesitate to do it.