If you are new to carpet cleaning, and by carpet cleaning, I mean professional cleaning, then I am sure you know that you need a professional carpet cleaner. However, picking the best appliance is no walk in the park.
Well, you are in luck as I got you covered. Here is a complete list of 15 best commercial carpet cleaners, and I am sure it will help you come to an informed decision. You will learn of the pros and cons of the different units, learn what to look for when on the hunt for a commercial appliance and finally end it with some FAQs to address concerns and issues you might encounter.
- Benefits of Investing in a Commercial Carpet Cleaner
- Commercial Carpet Cleaner Shops Near You
- 15 Best Commercial Carpet Cleaners Comparison Guide 2020
- 15 Best Commercial Carpet Cleaners 2020: Reviewed and Rated
- 1. Hoover Smartwash FH52000
- 2. Bissell Big Green 86T3 Professional Carpet Cleaner
- 3. Bissell Big Green BG10 professional Carpet Cleaner
- 4. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3
- 5. Mytee Lite 8070 Carpet Extractor
- 6. Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter
- 7. Rug Doctor 93146 Deep Carpet Cleaner
- 8. Edic Galaxy 2000 Commercial carpet Extractor
- 9. Aqua Power C4 Quick Hot Water Carpet Extractor
- 10. Hoover Commercial C3820 Carpet Cleaner
- 11. Ladybug Tekno 2350 TANCS Vapor Steam System
- 12. Polti Vaporetto Go Steam Canister with Onboard Tools
- 13. Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner
- 14. Tornado Marathon 350 Spot Extractor
- 15. Mytee 1003DX Carpet Extractor
- Commercial Carpet Cleaners Buying Guide
Benefits of Investing in a Commercial Carpet Cleaner
First, commercial carpet cleaners are not exactly affordable, especially for people new to the carpet cleaning business. However, they are worth it, and here is why.
- Durable – When getting into carpet cleaning, you need a machine that can handle the abuse, one that can handle the bumps, the messes, the constant movement, and the repeated usage. Only a commercial-grade unit can do that. These appliances are made of heavy-duty components that can endure the workload without damage. Think of these machines as excavators only in the vacuum world.
- Larger Tanks – If it were possible, I would recommend a standard vacuum cleaner for offices professional services as they are affordable, but you would have to refill regularly and empty. Commercial carpet cleaners, on the other hand, have large solution and dirty water tanks. Therefore, you can clean larger areas with ease. And while we are on the topic of reach, you will have a more extended reach, and you can clean larger areas.
- Power – Commercial carpet cleaners are for highly-trafficked areas such as hotels and offices. You need a robust unit to eliminate the spots and get the deeply embedded dirt, and that is what these devices offer. Standard carpet cleaners cannot hold a candle to these devices in terms of power.
Commercial Carpet Cleaner Shops Near You
Now that you know why you should invest in a commercial carpet cleaner, I think it is a time as good as any you know the best commercial carpet cleaner shops in your area. We have made the search effortless with the map below but here are some tricks I find are equally good.
First, it is always best to consult colleagues and friends. If you have a friend with a kickass carpet cleaner, make an effort to ask where s/he got it. I find that referrals are ideal for getting a good shop and a great unit. Moreover, a quick online search can be handy. Here are some few search terms you can use.
- Commercial carpet cleaner shops near me
- Commercial carpet cleaner shops in my location
- Commercial carpet cleaner shops in my area
- Commercial carpet cleaner shops in UK
Now, remember that map I told you about? Here you go.
15 Best Commercial Carpet Cleaners Comparison Guide 2020
If you are in a hurry, here is a quick comparison guide to help you narrow down on your preferred device.
|Name||Weight in pounds||Tank in gallons||Cord in feet||Dimensions in inches||Warranty|
|Hoover Smartwash FH52000 - Best Overall||18.5||1-gal – solution tank; 1-gal – dirty water tank||22||18.9 X 13 X 43.5||5|
|Bissell Big Green 86T3 Professional Carpet Cleaner - Best for pets||42.3||1.75||25||20.5 x 11 x 42.2||5|
|Bissell Big Green BG10 professional Carpet Cleaner - Best for plush carpets||40.2||1.75||25||42.5 X 20.5 X 11||1|
|Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 - Best for offices||50.3||3.9||22||22 X 11.5 X 35||5|
|Mytee Lite 8070 Carpet Extractor - Best for detailing||38||3-gal||25-ft||31 X 50 X 28.5||Lifetime Warranty|
|Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter - Best for carpets and hard floors||24||-||50||49.6 X 13.6 X 9.7||5|
|Rug Doctor 93146 Deep Carpet Cleaner - Best for water extraction||0.8-gal–solution; 0.8 gal – dirty tank||28||22.8 X 14.2 X 28||2|
|Edic Galaxy 2000 Commercial carpet Extractor - Best high-end||78||12-gal – Solution; 12-gal – dirty water tank||50||31 X 18 X 35||5|
|Aqua Power C4 Quick Hot Water Carpet Extractor - Best for deep cleaning||46||4-gal for each tank||-||12 X 25 X 19.5||6-months|
|Hoover Commercial C3820 Carpet Cleaner - Best for spot cleaning||1-gal; 1-gal||35||22.8 X 14.2 X 28||2|
|LadyBug Tekno 2350 TANCS Vapor Steam System - Best commercial carpet steam cleaner||15||-||15||10.75 X 12 X 16||1|
|Polti Vaporetto Go Steam Canister with Onboard Tools - Best for onboard storage||6.6||0.2 gal||10||26.67 X 26.67 X 24.13||1|
|Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner - Most versatile||26||1.05-gal||14.9||10.5 X 13 X 16.5||3|
|Tornado Marathon 350 Spot Extractor - Best steam spot extractor||22||1.5 gal; 1.5 gal||15||21 X 12.5 X 12.5||1|
|Mytee 1003DX Carpet Extractor - Best for large areas||50||10-gal||50||22 X 38 X 48||Lifetime Warranty|
15 Best Commercial Carpet Cleaners 2020: Reviewed and Rated
Let’s get into the meat of this article. I hope you are as pumped as I am writing this, and that in my small way, I help you make an informed decision. You are also welcome to leave a question or comment below.
1. Hoover Smartwash FH52000
Topping this list of the best commercial carpet cleaners is the Hoover FH52000. The FH52000 is a smart device and comes with a slew of features to make your work easy.
First, it has a powerful motor, and thus recovering dirty water will be a walk in the park. Second, it has two roller brushes with long bristles allowing you to clean any surface. It also includes a stair tool, a crevice tool, and a spinscrub attachment increasing the versatility.
However, what stood out for me was the smart tech. It includes an auto-mix feature eliminating the pain of having to measure the solution, it is also auto clean, and auto-dry combining suction and hot air.
- It has a powerful suction
- It is easier to use as it has fewer triggers
- It has a long hose for easier reach
- The cord is short limiting the cleaning radius
- The tanks are small for a commercial carpet cleaner
2. Bissell Big Green 86T3 Professional Carpet Cleaner
(Best for pets)
Two companies have positioned themselves as manufacturers of the Best commercial carpet cleaners, and one of those companies is the Bissell with the 86T3.
Though this is a professional device, it will work in most homes. It is easy to store as it has a small footprint, and has a 10.5” cleaning path meaning you can use it around furniture. Moreover, it has an anti-tip design ensuring it is ever upright.
You will also appreciate the large capacity tanks. It has a 1.75-gal tank allowing you to clean large areas without having to refill or empty. The suction and the rotating brush ensure that it eliminates all dirt. To save time, it cleans when pushing and pulling.
It as a 9-ft hose which is perfect for stairs and you can use it to clean upholstery. Finally, the included cleaner has Scotchguard protection to prevent future stains.
- It is reasonably priced
- It has a power brush system eliminating dirt faster
- It has a foldable handle for simpler storage
- Saves time as it cleans in both directions
- It is heavy
- It does not have a water heater
3. Bissell Big Green BG10 professional Carpet Cleaner
(Best for plush carpets)
Did I not say that Bissell is one of the best commercial carpet cleaner manufacturers? Well, we have the BG10 next on this list.
The Bissell BG10 is a bulky appliance at 40.2 pounds. Therefore, taking it upstairs or bringing it downstairs will be a job in and of itself. However, moving it on carpets will be like a hot knife through butter thanks to the large wheels. As for the cleaning path, it has a 10-inch path. Getting around office furniture has never been easier.
You will love the two-tank system. It keeps the clean water separate from dirty water. The clean water tank is below the dirty-water reservoir and has an indicator on the side for when you have to refill. Don’t worry, though; it will not be that often. Finally, it has an adjustable handle that you can customize to your height.
- The handle is foldable for easier storage
- The tanks are removable to refill and empty
- It has an upholstery kit, for cleaning above-floor areas
- The handles are rounded for comfort
- It is heavy and clunky
- It has a short cord at 25-ft
Seeing is believing, right? Well, here is a video review of the Bissell BG10 to help you make an informed decision.
4. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3
(Best for offices)
Next on our list of the best commercial carpet cleaners is the Rug Doctor. This device has everything going for it in that it is powerful, has a complete pet pack, and it is affordable. I could go as far as to say it is cheap for an industrial carpet cleaner, but it can still go pound for pound with competitors.
The pet pack includes an upholstery tool, a urine eliminator, and a pet formula carpet cleaner. Given the cost and the pet pack, I recommend it for households too. The pet pack is also handy in offices thanks to the new office pet phenomenon.
Another exciting feature of this device is that it has a customizable handle. You can set it between 32.5” and 36.5” depending on your height. It also has a large two tank system for cleaning large areas, and to keep clean and dirty water separate.
- It is reasonably priced
- It is powerful
- The handle is customizable to your height
- It is durable and can handle abuse
- The brush moves side to side, protecting your carpet
- • It is bulky, and it struggles on shag carpets
5. Mytee Lite 8070 Carpet Extractor
(Best for detailing)
The Mytee Lite is excellent for detailing thanks to the hose and the broad upholstery tool. The hose is 15-ft long, and thus you can clean without having to move the bulky machine. The upholstery tool, on the other hand, is 4-inches wide, allowing you to clean in a few passes.
Being an industrial machine, it is rugged and can withstand abuse. It has two large tanks enabling you to clean without having to refill. The open, clean water tank allows you to recycle water when testing if it is hot. And speaking about water, you will appreciate that it has a heated system. Add cold water, wait for a few minutes, and you are ready to go.
Some other convenience features include the storage basket, wheels that nullify the weight, and waterproof switches.
- It has a powerful suction
- It has a lifetime warranty
- The carry basket is handy
- Seeing as this is a detailing device, it would be better if the handle was in front for easier maneuverability
- Though the interior components can handle abuse, the plastic build cannot
I would not go as far as to call the Mytee Lite 8070 the perfect extractor but here is a video of a few things you might like about the device.
6. Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter
(Best for carpets and hard floors)
If you are looking for a machine that can double up as a hard floor cleaner and a commercial carpet cleaner, then the Oreck ORB550MC is the best unit to invest in.
The Oreck ORB550MC is different from most other devices. It is a floor buffer used for cleaning hard floors. It will work on laminate, hard floors, and vinyl with ease. On carpets, I recommend it for dry cleaning or loosening dirt particles which you can later vacuum.
As for the reach, you will appreciate that this has a long 50-ft cord that will allow you to clean in areas with obstructions or otherwise large rooms. It also has a significant cleaning path of 13-inches. The random orbital movement is also a perk as it enables the machine to move across any floor with ease, leaving no swirls or brush marks.
- It has a long reach, thanks to the cord
- It is light compared to the other machines on this list
- It is versatile for cleaning different surfaces
- It is virtually maintenance-free
- • There have been complaints of ORECK not honoring their warranty. Might be something to think about before buying
7. Rug Doctor 93146 Deep Carpet Cleaner
(Best for water extraction)
The next appliance on this best commercial carpet cleaner list is the Rug Doctor 93146, and it is a rather exciting machine. First, it has industrial strength for a household machine. Moreover, it only cleans on the back pass, which takes some getting used too. However, this system is kinder to your carpets.
As for the performance, it takes a few passes to completely clean, but the extraction is superb. It also includes a super spray boost for those messes that need extra cleaning solution. The spray boost is between the rear wheels for a better aim. And speaking of wheels, they are large, so it is easier to push on carpets.
Another exciting feature of the Rug Doctor 93146 is that the brush is on a floating chassis allowing it to adjust to the carpet height. Remarkable, right? Well, here are more pros and some cons.
- It has edge brushes for edge cleaning
- It is foldable thus easier to store
- It is weighty
- Takes a bit of getting used to
Here is the Rug Doctor in action. I welcome you to watch to see the amount of dirt it extracts from the rugs, and why I consider it one of the best commercial carpet cleaners.
8. Edic Galaxy 2000 Commercial carpet Extractor
(Best high end)
If you are on a generous budget, and this should be extremely generous, I recommend you invest in the Edic Galaxy 2000. The Edic 2000 is a pricey appliance, and one of the best commercial carpet cleaners.
First, it has large tanks. The clean water tank is 12 gallons, while the recovery tank is 11-gallons. You can clean an entire house or office with this device without having to refill or empty. You will also appreciate the 25-ft hose that will get into areas no other hose can.
As for heating, the Edic Galaxy 2000 relies on an external heater that can be added any time. It reduces the abuse the internal components take, thus increasing the life of the device. Plush carpets will not be a problem owing to the large wheels of the machine.
- The external heater prevents internal components from sustaining damage
- It is robust and will get the job done
- It has large tanks
- It is pricey. It is several times the cost of other appliances on this list
- It is bulky and lifting it say up a flight of stairs or into a truck will be difficult
9. Aqua Power C4 Quick Hot Water Carpet Extractor
(Best for deep cleaning)
Following on this guide of the best commercial carpet cleaners is the Aqua Power C4. I try very hard to find things to complain about when reviewing products, but there was little to complain about.
First, the durability of this device is unquestionable. It has heavy-duty cast aluminum and stainless steel parts, and even the drive belt is Kevlar reinforced. As for the ease of use, the controls are on the handle, the handle is rounded for comfort, and it collapses for more accessible storage.
When it comes to the tanks, though not as large as those of the Edic Galaxy’s, they are enough to clean large areas without emptying. The solution tank is not removable, but it has dual filtration to protect the pump. It also has a level drain for the solution. The dirt water tank, on the other hand, is removable for easy emptying. Finally, it has a 19.5” cleaning depth allowing you to get the deeply embedded dirt.
- It is easy to use and maneuver
- It is powerful
- It is durable
- It is pricey
- The clean water tank is not removable
10. Hoover Commercial C3820 Carpet Cleaner
(Best for spot cleaning)
The best commercial carpet cleaner for spots has to be the Hoover C3820. The solution nozzle and brushes are on the same cleaner head; thus, you can direct the solution to the appropriate area.
You will also appreciate that the brushes counter-rotate massaging the carpet instead of beating it. The spin brushes do little damage to the carpet, increasing the longevity. While we are still on the topic of performance, you will love that the suction as it recovers most of the dirty water.
Another remarkable feature of the Hoover C3820 is that is has a long cord. At 35-ft you have a massive cleaning radius. As for the tanks, you have a solution tank and a recovery tank and though they are not large (1-gallon each), they are ideal for standard cleaning tasks. The tanks are easy to clean and refill for a better experience.
- It is affordable
- It is carpet friendly
- The solution switch is on the handle for more straightforward control
- It does not get rid of deeply embedded stains
- There are complaints about the quality
11. Ladybug Tekno 2350 TANCS Vapor Steam System
(Best commercial carpet steam cleaner)
The next best commercial carpet cleaner is the LadyBug 2350. Though steam cleaners are designed for hard floors, this is one I recommend for use on carpets. However, it is pricey (probably the most pricey on this list), but it is worth the price.
As for attachments, it is well accessorized, and you can clean both hard floors and carpets. I recommend the sturdy bristle brush for cleaning carpets. Moreover, it is environmentally friendly as it relies on steam and not chemicals. It has a boiler that will get the water to 324-degrees, which is enough for the toughest stains.
You can also be sure of durability as this device is made of the most durable components. Ease of use is also unmatched as it is light, and has caster wheels for maneuvering. Here are more pros and cons.
- Retails with TANCS providing EPA level certified disinfecting
- The steam cleaning leaves little water behind, and thus the carpets dry faster
- It is user-friendly thanks to the digital information LCD screen
- It is safe to use thanks to the built-in safety trigger
- It is a continuous fill device, and there is no need to wait for it to cool down
- It is pricey
- Not for extensive carpet cleaning
I love this review of the Ladybug 2350, as it is complete from unboxing to use. I welcome you to watch for a better feel.
12. Polti Vaporetto Go Steam Canister with Onboard Tools
(Best for onboard storage)
If you are on the hunt for another steam cleaner you can use on carpets, try out the Polti Vaporetto. It is a canister device and one that you can pull behind you. You can also carry it on your shoulders ghostbusters style.
Other than it being easy to use, there are more reasons why it is one of the best commercial carpet cleaners. First, it has a slew of attachments increasing the versatility. Even better, the appliances store on board, reducing the likelihood of losing them.
The mop head is intuitive and works on all floor types. As for refilling, it means unscrewing the cap, adding the water, and waiting for about 5-minutes for it to heat up.
- It is lightweight, and thus you can work with it for long periods
- It is easy to assemble
- You can store all the tools onboard
- It is easy to assemble
- • The ribbed handle is harsh on your thumb. It is not a deal-breaker, but it will sting if you decide to clean the entire house
13. Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner
Versatility is essential for a device, and the Dupray Tosca cleaner is the most versatile. With 25-accessories, you can clean any surface with ease. It has a triangular tool for cleaning corners and a rectangular tool for surfaces, nylon brushed and stainless steel brushes for detailed work, and microfiber pads as well as a microfiber cloth for various floors.
The device can clean hard floors as well as carpets with ease, though lifting deeply embedded debris especially from shag carpets will be difficult. Other than cleaning performance, you will appreciate the long cleaning time. With 90-minutes clean time, you can be cover a medium or even slightly large house with ease.
Another reason I consider it one of the best carpet cleaners is because of the digital control. It controls all the critical functions and has vital information, such as the maintenance reminder — a great all-round device.
- The attachments are click fit for a secure fit
- It has a cord holder on the back
- It has 360-degree caster wheels for easier maneuverability
- It is highly pressurized
- Easy to refill, and works with tap water
- • It does not work well o grease
Return your favorite carpets into their pristine conditions with the Dupray Steam Vac. However, first checkout this review for a better feel.
14. Tornado Marathon 350 Spot Extractor
(Best steam spot extractor)
Next on this guide of the Best Commercial Carpet cleaner is the Tornado Marathon 350. This is a spot extractor, therefore don’t purchase expecting it to complete full carpet cleanups. Though it is not great for complete clean-up, it is exceptional for spot cleaning.
First, it has two large tanks for cleaning solution and dirty water. Both tanks are 1.5 gallons in size, and though they are not substantial for carpet cleaning, they are enough for spot cleaning. The lids are clean, so you know when you have to refill the clean water tank and when you have to empty.
As for weight, it is light, and you can carry it to different job sites. The hose is also long, allowing you to reach tight spots such as stairs. After cleaning, you can pick up most of the water with the 79” suction. As for noise, it is a bit loud at 79DB.
- It has large wheels; thus, you can move it on carpets with ease
- It has a handle to carry the unit
- It is robust
- The unit leaks water when you pull the trigger
- You have to scrub
15. Mytee 1003DX Carpet Extractor
(Best for large areas)
If you are more advanced in the carpet cleaner journey, and you are in the market for a new unit, the Mytee 1003DX Speedster cleaner is one I recommend. Yes, it is pricey, but it is worth every penny and is one of the best commercial carpet cleaners.
First, it has a powerful piston pump with 500psi and a strong suction at 130-inches of water. It will pick up most of the water from the carpet. You will also appreciate that this device has a 10-gallon clean water tank enabling you to clean for more extended periods. I consider it the best for large areas thanks to the long 50-ft cord.
Another exciting feature of the Mytee 1003DX is that it has long cords. They also happen to be removable for storage. For maneuverability, you will appreciate the 12” back wheels, and the 5” caster wheels. You can lock the caster to reduce machine movement. As for durability, the roto-molded polyethylene resists denting and rusting.
- It has an extended lifetime warranty
- It has aluminum lift handles making loading effortless
- The power cords are detachable
- The switches are waist high to reduce bending.
- It is heavy and pricey
Though this is a short review, it should give you enough feel for.
Commercial Carpet Cleaners Buying Guide
Now that we know of the best commercial carpet cleaners, it is time we know how to pick a commercial carpet cleaner. Selecting a device is the heart of the matter, and the guide below will help you make an informed decision.
When on the hunt for a commercial carpet cleaner, you are most likely going to use it for your professional cleaning services. Yes, you can get one for your home, but these are reserved for business. Given the movement involved, you should invest in a portable device.
Invest in a light unit, but you would be forgiven for not doing that as most of these are bulky devices. Ensure it is easy to move and has large wheels for working on shag carpets. While we are on the topic of portability, get a device that has locking wheels for when you are on inclines.
Though the solution is essential when cleaning carpets, the pressure determines how much solution the machine can spray. The pressure also determines how far the solution will penetrate. A device with higher pressure means you can deep clean shags carpets unlike one with low pressure.
The nature of the tasks you will be handling will influence the tank size of the unit you will purchase. If you are looking for a commercial carpet spot cleaner, then 1 to 2-gallon tanks will be enough. However, for full carpet cleaning, you need an appliance with larger tanks.
Also, ensure the carpet cleaner has a dual tank system for clean and dirty water.
An in-built heater is not necessary, but it is a nice to have feature. However, some units have a heater that attaches to the primary unit, and it is something I recommend. The attachable heater ensures the delicate components are kept away from the heat, thus increasing the life of the device.
If you are going to invest in a carpet cleaner with an in-built, then get one that keeps up. There are instances where the machine cannot heat water at the speed of cleaning, and you end up working with cold water. Ensure you purchase an appliance that can keep up.
The time the carpet will take to dry is something most people never stop to consider. The drying time is determined by the vacuum power. A stronger vacuum recovers more water cutting the drying time to a few hours. However, be prepared to pay an arm for an appliance with a stronger vacuum.
Finally, you should consider the warranty of the appliance. Get one with a lifetime warranty or one you are comfortable with. Moreover, ensure that the company honors the agreement by checking what previous customers have to say.
We have come to the end of this best commercial carpet cleaner guide. Here are some few concerns most people have about commercial cleaners. I am addressing some of the pain points to ensure your experience with these appliances is smooth.
Commercial carpet cleaners are the best manufacturers have to offer. These will leave your carpet clean and neat.
I realize this might be a lot of info to process, but you cannot spare any effort if you want the best commercial carpet cleaner. I hope I helped you get an ideal device, and leave a comment below on what you think of this review.