Everyone loves area rugs. They are fluffy and they improve the design of any room, especially those family room floors.
Moreover, they provide the perfect soft comfort, so if your floor is, for instance, a drab, hard floor, or covered with marble, you should consider having an area rug.
As with any other decorative items, the area rugs need special care, in order to remain beautiful and stay in the same shape.
Considering you will be vacuuming them at least once a week, you should look for the best vacuum cleaner for area rugs, as well as other special cleaners for this type of carpets.
However, the process of getting a top vacuum cleaner for area rugs is not that simple, as the market is full and over-crowded of lots of types.
Luckily, this article features a comprehensive, yet full buying guide, so you can make a wise purchase. There is no need to spend days of research and cover hundreds of products when you can read just some key points.
More than the buying guide, I have listed 15 best vacuums for area rugs, with pros, cons, and my personal experience. I hope you will find the best guidance, so cleaning the area rugs will be a simple process. Let’s go!
- Why Do You Need a Special Vacuum for the Area Rugs?
- Here Are Best Vacuums for Area Rugs:
- Best Vacuum for Area Rugs the Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Vacuum for Area Rugs Reviews 2020
- 1. Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Eureka 169K 2-in-1 Quick-Up Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. Cleaner Corded 17000PA Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro Al Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 7. Hoover Windtunnel Max Capacity Vacuum Cleaner
- 8. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
- 9. Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner
- 10. BISSELL, 20037 Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 11. EUREKA Airspeed Ultra-Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner
- 12. Black & Decker BDST1609 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner
- 13. Sanitaire Tradition Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 14. INSE Vacuum Cleaner Corded 18KPA Vacuum Cleaner
- 15. Hoover Jet Cordless Hard Floor Vacuum Cleaner
- Buying Guide - How to Buy the Best Vacuum for Area Rugs
- My Top Pick
Why Do You Need a Special Vacuum for the Area Rugs?
If you have hand-knotted wool rugs, you might know that vacuuming them needs a set of special features from the machine you are using. If you know that you have lots of area rugs all spread into your house, maybe it’s the right time to invest in a special vacuum cleaner.
These special machines come with the main important feature, which is a variable suction and pile height adjustments. As such, you will get the most fine-tuned cleaning. On the other hand, flat weave kilims and wool pile rugs need variable height and suction settings, in order to be perfectly clean and you have the best cleaning efficiency.
The area rugs have fragile fibers, so if normally you would go for a carpet brush that agitates the dirt out of a carpet pile, in this case, please don’t. The brushes can be overly aggressive and in time, they will damage these fragile fibers.
The special vacuum cleaners will come with a disengaged brush, which means that the suction will pull out all the dust particles, without even disturbing the soft wool fibers.
As such, while keeping in mind these special features, let’s move on to the other things to consider when purchasing a vacuum cleaner for area rugs.
Here Are Best Vacuums for Area Rugs:
I am sure that you can’t wait to find out everything there is to know about the best vacuum for area rugs, so before anything else, let’s see the highlights.
- Best Overall: Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum Cleaner
“Powerful, versatility, and easy maneuver; rubber wheels; easy to empty dirt can; controllable suction.”
- Best Budget: Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
“Good price; powerful suction; versatile; multipurpose tools; easy to empty.”
- Best for Area Rugs and Hardwood: Eureka 169K 2-in-1 Quick-Up Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
“2-in-1 vacuum; bagless; multi-functional; washable filters; easy to use; versatile.”
- Best for Area Rugs and Pet Hair: Cleaner Corded 17000PA Vacuum Cleaner
“3-in-1 vacuum cleaner; 2 modes; HEPA filters; 23 feet power cord; swivel steering; great suction power.”
- Best for area Rugs and Tiles: BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro Al Vacuum Cleaner
“Donate for pets; vacuums and washes; multi-surface; innovative brush; great dirt tank.”
- Best Robot: Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
“Very silent; smart sensors; versatile; multi floor capabilities; multiple cleaning modes; great battery life.”
- Best For Wool: Hoover Windtunnel Max Capacity Vacuum Cleaner
“Great reach; above floor reach; impressive dirt cup; multi-cyclonic filtration; versatile.”
- Best Small: Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
“3-in-1 vacuum cleaner; good for large debris; multi floor capacities; good power cord length; large dust cup.”
- Best Bagless: Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner
“Retractable cord; telescopic wand; sofa brush; HEPA filters; cyclonic suction; bagless.”
- Best Cordless: BISSELL, 20037 Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
“Great for pet owners; cordless; handheld; powerful suction; lithium battery.”
- Best Lightweight: EUREKA Airspeed Ultra-Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner
“Easy to carry around; lightweight; washable filters; vacuum upstairs and downstairs in minutes.”
- Best Stick: Black & Decker BDST1609 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner
“3-in-1 vacuum cleaner; stick; handheld; lightweight; multipurpose attachments; easy to store.”
- Best Bagged: Sanitaire Tradition Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Corded; bagged; large debris capacity; durable; detachable power cord; very silent”
- Best for Area Rugs and Bare Floors: INSE Vacuum Cleaner Corded 18KPA Vacuum Cleaner
“Versatile cleaning; great with multiple types of surfaces; powerful suction; wide range of use; the layer of filtration”
- Best for Area Rugs and Laminate Floors: Hoover Jet Cordless Hard Floor Vacuum Cleaner
“Vacuuming and washing; 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner; cordless; powerful suction; microfiber brush roll.”
Best Vacuum for Area Rugs the Comparison Chart
Here is how you can make a general opinion about the best vacuum for area rugs I have selected for today.
|Best Vacuums for Area Rugs||Product Dimension||Weight||Warranty|
|Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum Cleaner - Best Overall||10.67 x 13.15 x 8.66 inches||9.1 pounds||2 years|
|Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner - Best Budget||8.3 x 9.5 x 44.25 inches||2.6 pounds||1 year limited|
|Eureka 169K 2-in-1 Quick-Up Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Area Rugs and Hardwood||9 x 5 x 41 inches||5.54 pounds||1 year limited|
|Cleaner Corded 17000PA Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Area Rugs and Pet Hair||3.94 x 3.94 x 11.81 inches||9.98 pounds||1 year limited|
|BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro Al Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Area Rugs and Tiles||10.5 x 12 x 46 inches||17.51 pounds||3 year limited|
|Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner - Best Robot||12.6 x 2.76 x 12.6 inches||9 pounds||1 year limited|
|Hoover Windtunnel Max Capacity Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Wool||13 x 13.5 x 44.5 inches||16.1 pounds||2 year limited|
|Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Vacuum Cleaner - Best Small||6 x 10 x 44 inches||3.97 pounds||1 year limited|
|Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner - Best Bagless||11.5 x 15.5 x 10 inches||12 pounds||1 year limited|
|BISSELL, 20037 Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Best Cordless||5.5 x 16.5 x 7 inches||4.6 pounds||2 year limited|
|EUREKA Airspeed Ultra-Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner - Best Lightweight||11.42 x 11.93 x 41.34 inches||7.7 pounds||1 year limited|
|Black & Decker BDST1609 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner - Best Stick||27 x 5.5 x 4.6 inches||4.09 pounds||1 year limited|
|Sanitaire Tradition Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best Bagged||12.5 x 13.75 x 45 inches||20 pounds||2 year limited|
|INSE Vacuum Cleaner Corded 18KPA Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Area Rugs and Bare Floors||50 x 9.7 x 10.8 inches||6.58 pounds||Need to contact the seller|
|Hoover Jet Cordless Hard Floor Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Area Rugs and Laminate Floors||6 x 9.84 x 44.42 inches||10.4 pounds||2 year limited|
Top 15 Best Vacuum for Area Rugs Reviews 2020
Here you are, at the most expected part of the article. Here are the top 15 best vacuums for area rugs, with pros, cons, and personal experience.
1. Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking for a complex model of vacuum cleaner for area rugs, then you should consider the Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum. The Bissell Hard Floor Expert Deluxe is a canister vacuum, very lightweight, so you can easily carry it around.
If you have some delicate surfaces to clean and don’t want any scratches, you should look for this vacuum. It has great suction power, as well as digital fingertip controls, for easy and fast power control.
If you care a lot about your surface, this Bissell Vacuum comes with rubber wheels and some felt treads to protect them.
- Rubber wheels;
- Delicate brush;
- Easy to empty dirt cup.
- Great dirt cup capacity;
- Non-marking rubber wheels;
- Felt treads;
- Lightweight and compact;
- Easy to maneuver and store;
- Fingertip control;
- Delicately cleans to floor;
- No-mess disposal.
- The cord is too short.
|Specification met||Certified frustration-free|
If you are not sure about investing in a canister vacuum, well, you should do it. I loved the fact that this canister vacuum is lighter than others, as well as really easy to maneuver, even if you need to vacuum upstairs.
Moreover, if you have low tables or low furniture, it will be easy to reach these areas once having this Bissell vacuum.
This video will give you even more information.
2. Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
For all those who don’t want to spend a fortune for the next vacuum for area rugs, they should look at this model. This is a very powerful model, easy to use, with a suction capacity that won’t leave any dirt mark.
Moreover, its versatility is another criterion why it is worth choosing it. As such, if you want some quick pickups, this Bissell vacuum will be a really crevice tool to have. Forget about the stains on the hard floors, once you have this powerful machine.
This bagless vacuum will perfectly clean the dirt on low pile carpets, as well as from the sealed hard floors and countertops.
- Crevice tool for furniture;
- Floor nozzle for stairs.
- Very versatile;
- Stick vacuum;
- Handle vacuum;
- Stair vacuum;
- Convenient and easily convertible;
- Very easy to store.
- No roller brush.
|Cord Length||15 ft|
|Specification met||Certified frustration-free|
This Bissell vacuum for area rugs is perfect for many types of surfaces, very lightweight, and with a dirt capacity of 0,67 liter. So enough capacity to clean the whole house. Another great advantage is that it can give effective cleaning on both carpets and hardwood floors.
This video will be of help in terms of information.
3. Eureka 169K 2-in-1 Quick-Up Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Area Rugs and Hardwood)
Everyone dreams about versatility, right? So, on this principle, if you are paying an amount of money, it is crystal clear that you want to use the vacuum on lots of surfaces.
This Eureka quick-up bagless vacuum cleaner has great efficiency when it comes to picking up the dirt, allergens, and hair. The vacuum comes with a motorized brush roll, which has great vacuum functions which will efficiently go through the hard to access areas.
If your old vacuum does not reach all the corners, you should look for this corded vacuum.
- 2-in-1 design;
- Brush roll;
- Washable Filter;
- Lower handle.
- Very compact design;
- Multi-functional vacuum;
- Convertible, from a stick vacuum cleaner to a handy one;
- All-floor cleaning;
- Brush roll for both bare and rug areas;
- Very easy to use;
- Economical and washable filter;
- The filter improves air quality.
- Sometimes it is very hard to push the vacuum on the rugs.
|Cord Length||15 ft|
|Dust Cup||0.65 L|
|Cleaning Path||10 inches|
This vacuum cleaner is a corded one, which promises to easily pick up the dirt remains and also to reach those little, tight corners. Now, you should make sure you get that the product works on 120V.
4. Cleaner Corded 17000PA Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Area Rugs and Pet Hair)
This vacuum cleaner is perfect for those who are looking for a brush head that is very easy to control. The brush changes its direction fastly, anywhere in the house, and on any surface, you are vacuuming.
I think you will also enjoy how you will get rid of the pressure you would normally apply while vacuuming. The two modes of cleaning are perfect to use while vacuuming the floor, curtains, as well as the sofa.
This great feature will make the cleaning process a lot faster and easier. Read the full pros, cons, and personal experience to understand more.
- 3-in-1 design;
- 2 modes;
- HEPA filters.
- 3 in 1 quick pick up;
- 17000PA suction;
- Easy cleaning;
- Very warm service;
- Comes with stick vacuum cleaner to push the larger particles around;
- Works great on multiple surfaces, such as area rugs, low pile carpets or hard floors;
- Comes with a high-end filtration system;
- Powerful motor to pick up small particles, such as pollen and dust;
- Washable filtration system;
- The filtration system can improve the air quality in the room.
- Sometimes hard to be put together;
- Does not work on long pile rugs.
|Dust capacity||1.2 l|
|Batteries||Lithium ion included|
One of the best parts of this vacuum cleaner is that it will make your life easier, due to the great design, the easy cleaning process, as well as the capacity to even filtrate the air around.
Now, another great advantage is that it works great on the wooden floor, as well as on short pile rugs. The filtration system is washable, so don’t worry about all the dirt that debris that accumulates.
5. BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro Al Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for area Rugs and Tiles)
Sometimes, having a good vacuum for both rugs and tiles is a hard researching process. This is why you need a Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro Al in your life. This great machine will both vacuum and wash the floors, right at the same time, in just one step.
The tangle-free pet brush roll is actually an innovative formula, which will allow the vacuum to better clean the surfaces. This vacuum can clean better even than a sponge mop and a bucket in much less time.
If you know that you have lots of debris to clean, and there is a lot of pet hair, then you should consider this vacuum. The Tangle-Free Brush Roll will perfectly scrub all the dirt and then remove the debris.
- Multi-surface brush roll;
- Swivel head;
- Washing features.
- Multi-floor cleaning;
- Pet multi-surface pet formula;
- Safe for tile, sealed wood floors or linoleum, and laminate flooring;
- Two-tank technology;
- Febreze formula to eliminate pet odors;
- A fresh mix of formula and water;
- Hair and debris stored in a special tank;
- Multi-floor cleaning.
- The roller gets easily dirty.
|Vacuum & Wash||Yes|
|Power Type||25 ft. Cord|
|Specification met||Certified frustration-free|
If you have pets or children who are doing a lot of mess in the house, then you should consider a vacuum that comes with a mop at the same time. The great brushing roll will perfectly switch between cleaning hard floors to area rugs and other types of surfaces.
This video offers much more information.
6. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Although more expensive than the previous models, this Coredy Robot Vacuum has high-end technology. If you hate vacuuming in the house, then you should consider buying a robot vacuum cleaner.
This one from Coredy has highly sensitive anti-collision technology. This is how the machine can evade obstacles and also protect the furniture, the walls, and the other household items you do care about.
The best part of this vacuum is that it is powered by a 2600mAh Li-ion battery, which will last longer than others. Imagine a robot vacuum that can clean more than 120 min per charge, which means it can clean all the rooms in the house, from a single charge.
- Great battery;
- Anti-scratch tempered glass;
- 5 Efficient Cleaning Modes.
- 3-in-1 design;
- Extremely thin vacuum cleaner;
- Eliminates the dirt under the furniture;
- Goes through hard to reach areas;
- 3-point cleaning system;
- Dual edge-brushes;
- Sleek, anti-scratch tempered glass top cover;
- Anti-collision technology;
- 5 efficient cleaning modes;
- Wireless vacuum;
- Dual-hall sensors.
- A bit expensive;
- Need to help it in case of getting stuck.
|Max Suction Power||1400Pa|
|Dust Box Capacity||500ML|
I love how this robot eases the cleaning work process in the house. You just need to start it, and it will make its own map while vacuuming the house.
It does not matter if you have lots of debris, dust, or pet hair, this robot vacuum will clean all of them.
Don’t worry about those moments when the vacuum goes under the furniture, as it will not scratch, due to the tempered glass top cover.
7. Hoover Windtunnel Max Capacity Vacuum Cleaner
(Best For Wool)
This Hoover Windtunnel Max Capacity is a vacuum cleaner, enough heavy-duty to clean all the mess on every floor type. The machine has so much power that it will clean all the messes on any floor type.
Moreover, it comes with an extension, in case you have to deal with some hard to reach areas. Now, the Hoover Windtunnel Max Capacity has this name because of its power to suction lots of dirt.
The filtration features are also great, as they are replaceable and won’t add too much dirt.
- Above floor tool kit;
- Extended reach;
- Multi-cycling filtration.
- Multi-floor performance;
- Easily adapted adjustments;
- Cleans all types of floors;
- Does not scatter;
- Comes with extended reach, to clean up high and hard-to-reach places;
- Comes with a crevice tool;
- Comes with a dusting brush and multi-purpose tool for tackling dirt and pet hair;
- 5L dirt cup for longer cleaning.
- Might have problems with the retractable cord.
|Above Floor Reach||12 ft|
|Cord Length||25 ft|
|Cleaning Path||13.5 in|
|Floor Height Adjustment||5 Level|
One of the best parts of this vacuum cleaner is that it comes with a crevice tool, as well as a multi-purpose dusting brush, so you can easily clean all that dirt. Moreover, if you have a pet, the brush will be perfect for vacuuming all that annoying pet hair from furniture, stairs, and so on.
This video is a nice demonstration to watch.
8. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
Nobody wants to use a vacuum cleaner that is too heavy. Especially if you need to carry it all around the house. This is why you need this Eureka Hand Blaze 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner.
If you need to vacuum upstairs or above the floors, this hand vacuum promises to give you a nice cleaning experience and to leave the house spotless.
Maybe you will need a fast, easy vacuum cleaner for cleaning after dinner, or after your pets, so consider this one. Here are some pros to convince you, but also the cons and my personal experience, for a more relevant opinion.
- 3-In-1 design;
- Powerful 2 amp motor;
- Washable filtration system.
- Onboard crevice tool;
- Only 4 pounds;
- Great cleaning efficiency;
- Can capture even the larger debris;
- Easy to maneuver stick vacuum;
- Versatile, perfect for area rugs, low pile carpets, and hard floors;
- Can even improve the air quality;
- Can do the job of vacuuming faster;
- More environmentally safe package.
- The dust tank is a bit too small for cleaning a big house.
|Cord Length||18 ft|
|Motor Wattage||240 W|
|Cleaning Path||9.5 inches|
Using a corded vacuum cleaner for the whole house can be a bit tiring, especially if you have many floors. Moreover, maybe you want to clean just the crumbs after lunch or dinner. This is why I find the 3-in-1 vacuum cleaner to be really cool, versatile, easy to use, and lightweight.
9. Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner
If you are tired of cleaning those annoying bags of dust, maybe you should look for a bagless vacuum cleaner for area rugs. This Ovente’s Cyclonic Vacuum is great not only for vacuuming all the dirt but also for cleaning the air around you.
If you have allergies or asthma, this vacuum will help you maintain a healthy home and clean air. The multi-level HEPA filtration is the main reason for cleaning the air, and also captures the small particles around you.
As such, this vacuum is so powerful that it can trap most of the bacteria, dander, or microbial mold spores in just minutes. You will be glad to see how efficient it can be a bagless vacuum.
- HEPA filtration;
- Cyclonic suction;
- Sturdy telescopic wand.
- Works fast and efficient;
- Premium attachments;
- Cleans different surfaces in-depth;
- Comes with multiple types of attachments;
- Effective on sucking most bacteria;
- Saves times and energy;
- Easy to store;
- Easy to clean;
- Great for sucking the pet hair too.
- The cord might be too short.
|Made from||Heavy-Duty Plastic|
|Cord Length||188.5 inches|
If you are looking for a fun way to vacuum the house, well, you should look for a vacuum to help you out. The Ovente’s Cyclonic Vacuum is perfect to have especially if you are dealing with respiratory issues.
This video offers much more information.
10. BISSELL, 20037 Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Bissell Pet Stain Eraser is one of the best cordless vacuum cleaners on the market. There is nothing more annoying than vacuuming in the house and stopping every 10 minutes to switch the cord.
However, you can look for a cordless vacuum cleaner instead, and make the process of vacuuming a lot easier. As such, if you have to clean carpets, stairs, area rugs, as well as auto interiors, this Bissell Cordless Vacuum Cleaner will be such a help.
The vacuum comes with the Oxy formula, which will help you instantly and permanently remove all those stubborn stains. If you have pets, you know how hard it can be to remove odors, messes, and other spots.
Once having this type of vacuum, you won’t have these problems anymore.
- Powerful suction;
- No water needed.
- Sprays, scrubs and suctions;
- Remove the old pet stains;
- Great for area rugs, stairs, interiors and many more;
- Instantly removes lots of messes, such as urine, feces, dirt, mud, blood, tomato sauce, food grease and so on;
- Includes trial-size formulas;
- The cleaning formula does not need to be mixed with water.
- Need to permanently charge it.
|Formula Included||Professional Spot and Stain + Oxy|
|Automatic Hands-Free Cleaning||No|
It is very hard to get rid of the old stains on the carpets or sofas. Luckily, this type of vacuum cleaner has a great formula that does not need to be mixed with water but will suck all the old dirt.
11. EUREKA Airspeed Ultra-Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner
Only 7.7 pounds, this Eureka Airspeed vacuum cleaner is so compact, you will love it. Bagless as well, this cleaning solution is so easy to lift and maneuver.
As such, you can easily move from downstairs to upstairs and vacuum the whole house, without dealing with a heavy vacuum. The compact design allows you to easily store it, even if you stay in a small apartment.
Even if it is lightweight, this vacuum has a powerful 6 AMP motor, that will suck all the dirt. The dust cup is also easy to clean and empty, so you will get rid of dust and mess in just minutes.
- Quick release handle;
- Powerful suction;
- Washable filter.
- 6 AMP motor;
- Powerful all floor suction;
- Easily extracts dirt and hair on the surfaces;
- Very lightweight;
- Comes with a dusting brush;
- Easy to store and to carry around;
- Perfect for cleaning windows as well;
- Includes crevice tool and dusting brush.
- Only 1-year warranty.
|Dust Cup Capacity||2.7 L|
|Cleaning Path||10.5 inches|
|Cord Length||18 ft|
Vacuuming can be a really relaxing and pleasant activity as soon as you have a vacuum that can help you in this direction. The Eureka Airspeed bagless vacuum cleaner is easy to use, has a powerful motor, and an easy to empty dust cup.
12. Black & Decker BDST1609 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner
Cleaning can be an easy process as soon as you have a vacuum cleaner that converts easily. As such, I recommend you try the Black & Decker Stick Vacuum, which is softly and fastly convertible.
If you need to clean the car interior or some hard to reach corners, there is nothing more helpful than having a stick vacuum to help you out. You just need to find the handheld vacuum right inside the box for car cleaning and also other areas such as the upholstery.
In other cases, you can insert the handle and sweeper head, and turn everything into a stick vacuum, for using it on the hard floor, or for pet hair and litters.
- 3-in-1 design;
- Powerful suction;
- Easy to assemble.
- Versatile cleaning;
- Great for low-piled carpet cleaning;
- Vacuums perfectly the pet hairs and litters;
- Easy to switch from regular head to a crevice tool;
- Effective for cleaning between cushions;
- Easily picks up dust bunnies and other particles.
- You need some time to convert the vacuum from one mode to another.
|Dust Cup||0.65 L|
|Cleaning Path||9.6 inches|
|Cord Length||16.5 ft|
If you want to pay less for cleaning your car, you should look for a vacuum cleaner that can do this job for you, with less money.
This is why you should consider having a stick vacuum that can clean all kinds of messes. This versatile type of cleaning implies switching from a regular vacuum to a crevice tool.
13. Sanitaire Tradition Upright Vacuum Cleaner
If you still want to use the classic vacuum cleaner, but also look for great quality, then you should try the Sanitaire Tradition Upright. This Upright Commercial Vacuum is a heavy-duty one that will offer its users longevity and productivity.
As such, if you know you have to deal with tough environments, then this one has Extended Life Motor, which will give you more than 2,000 hours of cleaning power.
The shakeout bag can hold up to 18 quarts of debris and dirt, so you won’t need to empty the bag very often. The structure is also durable and includes a chrome hood, perfect for offering great comfort.
- 79 dBA;
- Commercial-grade performance;
- Detachable power cord.
- Extended life motor;
- Up to 2,000 hours of cleaning;
- Durable structure;
- Safe to use for tough environments;
- Tool-free brush roll;
- 50-foot reach;
- Large capacity bag.
- This is an expensive model of a bagged vacuum cleaner.
|Dust Collection||18 qt. Shake Out Bag|
|Motor Life||2,000 hours|
|Removable Fan Chamber||Yes|
|Cord Length (ft)||50|
I would recommend this vacuum cleaner only if you have tough dirt to clean. This is a more heavy-duty type of vacuum, with a high price, so consider this.
Here is a video you will find useful.
14. INSE Vacuum Cleaner Corded 18KPA Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Area Rugs and Bare Floors)
For those who are passionate about technology, it is never too late to have a powerful vacuum cleaner that combines the great suction power with the latest smart techs.
INSE is a brand that specialized in creating innovative, smart home appliances, and this vacuum cleaner is no exception.
So, if you are passionate about having good-quality, high-value smart cleaners, go to this one. The suction power is great, so it can pick up all kinds of dirt in minutes.
- Strong Powerful Suction;
- Three-Layer Filtration System;
- 22 ft power cord.
- Motor rated at 600w;
- Two different working modes;
- Great for multiple types of surfaces;
- Upper cyclone filtration;
- Wide range of use;
- Wide range of use;
- Easy to clean.
- Make sure you buy it from a trustful seller.
|Power Cord||22 ft|
|Suction Power||18000 Pa|
|Filter Type||High-efficiency Filter Pad|
|Dustbin Capacity||1 L|
Rugs and bare floors can hardly be cleaned as good as you expect. This is why its good to have a versatile vacuum cleaner, such as the INSE one. This can easily move and clean from one surface to another, without making any special additions.
15. Hoover Jet Cordless Hard Floor Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Area Rugs and Laminate Floors)
Laminate Floors need special treatment. This is why you need a vacuum cleaner that can deal with lots of surfaces. This one from Hoover is perfect, especially if you want to do 2-in-1 jobs.
For instance, you can vacuum while washing, and also seal the hard floors, including laminate ones, vinyl, hardwoods, and so on. The vacuum cleaner is totally cordless, so you won’t need to plug it all the time to get the best results.
The trigger system will give you control over the cleaning solution while vacuuming and washing the surfaces. If you feel like you run out of power, you can use some additional batteries to extend the life of the vacuum.
- Powerful Lithium-Ion technology
- Microfiber brush roll
- 2-in 1 design.
- Vacuums and washes the floors at the same time;
- Can clean multiple types of surfaces;
- Total control over the cleaning solution;
- Cordless cleaning;
- Powerful suction;
- It can pick both wet and dry messes;
- Gently washes and scrubs the surfaces;
- Comes with batteries, multi-purpose brush roll, and measuring cup.
- You need to buy the cleaning solution separately.
SprayClean Solution Control
Cleaning becomes so easy when you can do 2 things once. As such, vacuuming and washing will be easy to do at the same time. Moreover, due to the Lithium-Ion technology, you can extend the runtime with some additional batteries.
Buying Guide - How to Buy the Best Vacuum for Area Rugs
Don’t expect to find some rocket science, as all the vacuum cleaners are working based on the same principle. But the best vacuum for the area rugs come with some additional features, so keep scrolling down to find out more.
If you succeed in finding at least 90% percent of the mentioned features to the next vacuum cleaner, it means it is perfect for the area rugs you have at home.
There are very few times when you will find an area rug placed on a bare, concrete floor. As you might know already, most of the area rugs are placed on tiles or hardwood floors. The first reason for having a versatile vacuum cleaner is the financial aspect, of course.
But, if you think more, it is more convenient to have a single vacuum cleaner, which can clean both the area rugs and the hard floors as well.
So, make sure the vacuum cleaner will do its job on lots of surfaces, without worrying about any possible scratches that might appear or any damage. Here are some of the qualities that make a vacuum cleaner truly versatile.
Please consider them, as well as the types of floors you have in your house. These are the qualities that are making the vacuum cleaner really versatile:
- Great suction settings and multiple powers;
- Brush roller adjustment settings.
Please note that most of the area rugs need more suction power than most vacuum cleaners, especially when it comes to hard floors. As long as the suction power will be more powerful, you won’t need those brush rollers that can harm the fibers of the rug.
Most of today’s vacuum cleaners come with lots of attachments, which are helping the user to reach all those corners hard to clean. Moreover, the attachments will add great versatility to the vacuum cleaner.
As such, you will be able to clean different areas, such as the walls, the curtains, and many more. Once having all these attachments, the ways of using the vacuum cleaner become limitless.
Here are some of the most helpful attachments to look for:
- Crevice cleaner;
- Extension wand;
- Dusting brush;
- Upholstery tool;
- Turbo/ Power brush.
The weight of the vacuum cleaner is crucial, as you won’t like a vacuum which is very heavy. Imagine carrying them from room to room, and also upstairs. So if there is advice to give you, it is choosing the most lightweight vacuums for the area rugs.
Do you still have questions regarding the best vacuum for area rugs? Here are the most frequently asked ones.
My Top Pick
As you have seen already, the best vacuum cleaners for area rugs come in lots of sizes, shapes, and price tags. But there are some common features which make them ideal for using them on the area rugs.
Some of these features are the power, the suitable brush rollers, as well as the ability to adjust the height of the brushes, and so on.
Make sure you take some notes with the 15 selected vacuums for area rugs and keep them in mind for these features. Once you will make sure your new vacuum has these features, you will know that the area rug would have the best chance for the best cleaning process.
You’ve seen that my top pick is Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum for Area Rugs. Do you have a favorite or are you still looking for the best one? Let me know in the comment section below.