Cleaning hard floors is often a tricky affair. Yes, vacuums will get rid of the debris and maybe stuck-on dirt, but they do not sanitize, you will have to mop for that. Mops, on the other hand, have a hard time getting rid of large trash. First, you have to vacuum or sweep, then mop.
But what if there was a middle ground? What if there was a device that gave you the best of both worlds? A machine that allows you to mop and vacuum, and to clean large and small debris. Well, say hello to the vacuum and mop combo.
- Why You Should Get a Vacuum and Mop Combo
- Vacuum Mop Shops Near You
- Best Vacuum and Mop Compo Comparison Table 2020
- 15 Best Vacuum and Mop Combo 2020: Reviewed and Rated
- 1. Bissell Crosswave Floor and Carpet Cleaner 1785A
- 2. Vapamore MR-50 Wet-Dry Steam Cleaner and Vacuum Combo
- 3. Tineco iFloor Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 4. Roborock S5 Robotic Robot Vacuum Mop
- 5. Mr. SIGA 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner Mop
- 6. Ecovac Deebot R95
- 7. Bissell Crosswave 2036A Pet Pro Vacuum Mop
- 8. Bissell 1543A Symphony Steam Mop and Vacuum
- 9. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
- 10. Bissell Symphony 1132A Vacuum and Steam Mop
- 11. Dyson DC56 Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- 12. Hoover BH55210 Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 13. E-Rising 3-in-1 Stick vacuum and Mop
- 14. Roborock E35 Robot Vacuum and Mop
- 15. Rollibot 2-in-1 for Rapido Vacuum
- Vacuum and Mop Combo Buying Guide
Why You Should Get a Vacuum and Mop Combo
If you are pondering why you should invest in such a device, some reasons include but are not limited to:
- Save Time – Think about it, with standard mops and vacuums, you have to keep moving from one device to the other. Get the vacuum to clean grouts and large debris, and then get the mop to sanitize. With a vacuum and mop combo, you save time by having a device that can do both in a few passes.
- Affordable – Again, with standard mops and vacuums, you have to invest in two gadgets, and the cost often runs into hundreds of dollars. Well, vacuum mops are not cheap, but they are not as expensive as the combined cost of buying a mop and a vacuum.
Vacuum Mop Shops Near You
I would like to believe that the information here is enough to make an informed decision, but should you want a realistic feel, I recommend going to a vacuum mop shop in your location. To find one of these outlets, you can consult a friend who owns one of these bad boys, or use the online space.
Should you choose to take your search for the best vacuum and mop combo shop online, here are some search terms that will make your search easier:
- Vacuum and mop combo shop near me
- Vacuum and mop combo shop in my location
- Vacuum and mop combo shop in my area
You can customize the search to suit your needs provided you point out that you are looking for shops in your area.
Best Vacuum and Mop Compo Comparison Table 2020
Here is a quick comparison table if you are pressed for time. I would recommend you read on, but this should be enough to help you come to a decision.
|Name||Weight in-lbs.||Cord Length/ Runtime||Dimensions in Inches||HEPA||Warranty|
|Bissell Crosswave Floor and Carpet Cleaner 1785A - Best Overall||11||25-ft||46.1 X 10.5 X 12||N/A||2|
|Vapamore MR-50 Wet-Dry Steam Cleaner and Vacuum Combo - Best Handheld Vacuum and Mop Combo||4.8||20||20 X 6 X 5||No||1|
|Tineco iFloor Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum - Best Cordless Vacuum Mop Combo||6.5||22-min||43.7 X 10.6 X 9.8||N/A||2|
|Roborock S5 Robotic Robot Vacuum Mop - Best Robot Vacuum Mop Combo||7.72||150-min||13.78 X 3.78||Yes||1|
|Mr. SIGA 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner Mop - Budget Pick||2.78||25-min||47.2 X 10 X 5.1||Yes||1|
|Ecovac Deebot R-95 - Best Splurge||30.8||-||37 X 15.5 X 13||No||3|
|Bissell Crosswave 2036A Pet Pro Vacuum Mop - Best for Pets||11||25-ft||46 X 12 X 10.50||N/A||3|
|Bissell 1543A Symphony Steam Mop and Vacuum - Best for Versatility||9.74||25-ft||45 X 11 X 9.7||N/A||2|
|ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner - Best for Tight Spots||4.9||140-min||11.81 X 2.76||No||1|
|Bissell Symphony 1132A Vacuum and Steam Mop - Best for Edge Cleaning||9.7||25-ft||46.5 X 11 X 9||N/A||2|
|Dyson DC56 Hardwood Floor Cleaner - Best for Superior Indoor Air Quality||5||15-min||29.5 X 10.7 X 5.6||Yes||-|
|Hoover BH55210 Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum - Best Self-Cleaning||10.4||20-min||44.4 X 9.8 X 6||_||2|
|E-Rising 3-in-1 Stick vacuum and Mop - Best for Runtime||6.61||45-min||27 X 11 X 7||Yes||1|
|Roborock E35 Robot Vacuum and Mop - Best for Light Tasks||6.5||150-min||13.8 X 3.6||Yes||1|
|Rollibot 2-in-1 for Rapido Vacuum - Best Attachment||-||-||-||-||-|
15 Best Vacuum and Mop Combo 2020: Reviewed and Rated
It is about that time we got to the heart of this review. As I am familiar with the challenges we encounter when on the hunt for one of these devices, I created a list that will help you make an informed decision. Enjoy, and be sure to leave a comment below.
1. Bissell Crosswave Floor and Carpet Cleaner 1785A
The Bissell Crosswave 1785A stands as the multi-surface cleaner to beat. It is designed for hard floors, but I found that it is adequate on rugs and medium-pile carpets.
As a dry cleaner (i.e., vacuum), it is excellent for fine debris and performs better than most standard vacuums. However, it struggles with large debris that are often the size of the gate opening on the front. I recommend picking it up and placing it on the waste to prevent this.
On carpets, the dry cleaning mode is decent, but it struggles with deep cleaning. I recommend limiting this to hard floors and area rugs. As a wet cleaner, though, this machine stands out.
Cleaning wet messes will be a breeze thanks to the powerful suction and the soft brush that scrubs without damaging the surface. Moreover, you can use it for more than spills. It allows you to sanitize floors as it has a clean water tank reservoir. And speaking of tanks, it also has one for dirty water cutting the drying time.
I believe you will also love the controls. They are smart touch controls that allow you to switch from cleaning hard floors to area rugs in seconds.
- The brush-roll self-cleans thanks to the water that is continually being run
- It is easy to clean thanks to the easy remove brush window
- It collects water, resulting in the floor drying quickly
- It is relatively light for a vacuum and mop combo
- It struggles with large debris
- Pushing it on carpets is difficult
- When wet cleaning, a lot of dirt gets stuck on the inside of the machine resulting in a lot of cleaning work
The Bissell is a marvelous machine. It is mighty and makes short work of messes. Here is a video that will help you learn why it is my top pick.
2. Vapamore MR-50 Wet-Dry Steam Cleaner and Vacuum Combo
(Best Handheld Vacuum and Mop Combo)
The next best vacuum and mop combo tool is the Vapamore MR-50. The MR-50 is a technological marvel, and you should know why by the end of this review.
First, as a handheld, it is perfect for above-floor cleaning. I am referring to couches, countertops, and even windows. Moreover, it happens to be portable and is ideal for spot cleaning.
Using the Vapamore MR-50 is a walk in the park, as it only has 4-selection levels. First, there is the vacuum mode which you should use to suck up as much liquid before cleaning. Use this mode together with the squeegee attachment.
Next, there is the dry steam which is used for cleaning light stains. Finally, there is the wet steam which is for cleaning set-in stains. By and large, it can tackle all stains.
- It has 2-brushes for different types of tasks
- It works on delicate surfaces
- It is light
- It is powerful
- You can only use it in the horizontal position, which is not comfortable
- It goes through a lot of water in steam mode
I welcome you to watch this Vapamore MR-50 review for more information. If you are curious about the design and the performance, then this video review is for you.
3. Tineco iFloor Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum
(Best Cordless Vacuum Mop Combo)
If you are looking for the best Bissell Crosswave 1785A alternative, get the Tineco iFloor wet/dry vacuum. I would say it is better than the Bissell 1785A, but it has one flaw that made me rank it lower. More on that later.
As this is a cordless vacuum mop combo, you can carry it anywhere without worrying about outlets. Other than portability. You will love the spot cleaning mode that spins the brush faster to get rid of tough stains.
As for the performance, it was beyond stellar. It picks debris in a few passes, whether in wet or dry mode. In the wet mode, one pass is enough to get rid of all waste without leaving a residue, better than my top pick. It also happens to have a self-cleaning tray, where you can let it run to remove the debris.
- It is cordless increasing the portability
- It is robust and cleans in a few passes
- It is affordable
- It leaks once the water in the dirty water tank exceeds the max level
Tineco has been touted as the best Dyson alternative, but this is the one area where the company is head and shoulders above Dyson. You will fall in love with this device after this review.
And speaking of Dyson, here are the best Dyson vacuums.
4. Roborock S5 Robotic Robot Vacuum Mop
(Best Robot Vacuum Mop Combo)
If you want the best vacuum mop combo with a preference for robots, I recommend the Roborock S5. Its performance is at par if not better than renowned brands, and the mapping feature is one of the best.
First, it is a round and white machine, and I found it to be aesthetically pleasing. In vacuum mode, it has side brushes that will pull debris onto the path of the vacuum. The brushes and the exhaust do not scatter debris which is rare with robot vacuums.
As for the runtime it has 110-mins in max mode and 150-mins in low power mode; quite impressive. You will also appreciate the mapping feature. After one or two runs, the device will have mapped your home, and you can proceed to draw virtual lines to keep it from going to particular areas where it might get stuck.
Finally, it has a zone clean feature where you can draw boxes to clean only those areas.
- It has unmatched mapping capability
- It is powerful in low and high power modes
- You can attach a mop for it to wet clean
- It has a long runtime
- The bin is rather small
- The edge and crevice cleaning could be better
Very few robot vacuums can hold a candle to the Roborock S5. Watch this to know why I consider it the best robot vacuum and mop combo.
5. Mr. SIGA 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner Mop
For a budget pick when on the hunt for the best vacuum and mop combo, then get Mr. SIGA 3-in-1. Other than it being a multi-purpose tool, there are two reasons why I like it. First, it is light; at 2.86 pounds, you can work with it for hours without fatigue.
Another terrific feature of this device is that it is affordable. It is a fraction of the price of most devices here and don’t we appreciate gadgets that save us money. It happens to be a cordless device allowing you to work in areas without outlets.
Nonetheless, you have to keep an eye on the battery to keep it from running out at the most inopportune time. As for runtime, it works for 25-minutes, and charges for 3-hours.
- It is light
- It has a long handle preventing you from bending
- It has a machine-washable microfiber pad
- The drying and sweeping pads are disposable
- The runtime is short while it takes longer to charge
6. Ecovac Deebot R95
If you are looking to splurge or you are on a rather generous budget, then get the Deebot R95 robot cleaner. It is the best vacuum mop combo for people with deep pockets.
The R95 can be easily fitted with a mopping feature for a deeper clean. Yes, it is primarily a vacuum, but you can convert it to a mop with ease. And speaking of the vacuum, it has a V-shaped brush which allows you to pick more dirt with ease.
I also came to appreciate the mapping feature. The Smart Navi System can map and effectively create an ideal cleaning path. Furthermore, with the app, you can create virtual boundaries where the device is allowed to clean.
Finally, the Deebot R95 is a smart device that it resumes cleaning where it left off before it ran out of power.
- It can clean large and small debris with ease
- The suction inlet is interchangeable depending on the task
- It works with an app giving you effortless control
- It has a long 130-minute runtime
- It is pricey
- It does not work with some routers
7. Bissell Crosswave 2036A Pet Pro Vacuum Mop
(Best for Pets)
If you want the best vacuum and mop combo for pets, look no further than the Bissell 2036A. First, it has a multi-surface pet brush that is ideal for cleaning pet hair and a pet hair filter that separates pet hair from other large debris. It also retails with the pet cleaning solution to eliminate pet odors.
Away from its pet features, it has a broad cleaning path at 12-inches. You can clean a lot of ground in fewer passes. As for the brush roll, it happens to be soft and will not damage your hard floors, and it is also tangle-free. Furthermore, you need not worry about cleaning the brushroll as it is ever clean.
As for the cord, it is a 25-ft cord which I found to be standard on most vacuum mops, and it also has twin-tank technology.
- Assembling the 2036A is a breeze
- It needs only a few passes to eliminate pet stains
- It is robust
- The scrubbing brush holds a lot of water, and drying the floor will be a challenge
There is a possibility that you will be cleaning different surfaces. Check out this video to learn how the Bissell 2036A performs on different surfaces.
8. Bissell 1543A Symphony Steam Mop and Vacuum
(Best for Versatility)
Bissell is the market leader when it comes to vacuum mops. The Bissell 1543A happens to be one of their best machines in this category, and as such, it had to be on this list of the best vacuum and mop combo.
First, you can have the steamer on or off. Therefore, you can use it as a steamer, vacuum, or vacuum steamer. Moreover, you can choose between low and high steam, depending on the mess you are to clean. Throw in the various vacuum options available, and you have a versatile device.
You will also appreciate that it can stand on its own. Therefore, you don’t have to find a place to support it should you need to take a rest or do something else.
As for the weight, it weighs 10-pounds. Not light, but I do not consider that to be heavy. It also fits into tight spots resulting in a cleaner house.
- It works with different types of discs resulting in sweet-smelling house
- It has a long-enough cord
- It is powerful
- It has hands-free disposal technology and
- It takes longer to heat the water
Though it is great for versatility, it also happens to be ideal for pets. Here is a quick review to give you a better feel of this device.
9. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
(Best for Tight Spots)
Robot vacuums happen to be pricey, but the ILIFE V5s is affordable and had to be on this list of the best vacuum and mop combo. Its performance as a mop is astounding, but it also does well as a vacuum.
First, I believe you will love the design. It has a black and white ring surrounding an iPhone gold lid. It also has two blue lights that come on when cleaning increasing the aesthetic appeal.
As for the performance, it is best for hard floors as it does not have a beater brush. It does have a wide suction hole which should be enough for medium-sized debris. It has three cleaning modes, spot cleaning for tough stains, and stuck-on dirt, edge cleaning, and whole floor cleaning.
As for mopping, I can only recommend it for light tasks. It has a half-moon pad that you attach to the underside of the device to clean mops, but I found it cannot clean tough stains.
- It is remarkable for light tasks
- It is aesthetically pleasing
- It is affordable
- It does not have a mapping feature. It navigates randomly until it runs out of battery
If you have any questions about the ILIFE V5S, you should get some answers in this FAQ video.
10. Bissell Symphony 1132A Vacuum and Steam Mop
(Best for Edge Cleaning)
The next best vacuum and mop combo is the Bissell Symphony 1132A 2-in-1 vac and steam mop. Unlike other devices where you have to change cleaner heads, you get both functionalities in one cleaner head. You also benefit by eliminating germs without the risk of chemical residue.
Nonetheless, there is more to this device. First, it is designed for bare floors. That is quite a bummer as I believe people with carpeted floors would have loved it too. On bare floors, use it in the kitchen as it will cut through the grease with ease. Yes, you can use it in other areas, but it shines most in the kitchen and other high traffic areas.
As for features, you will appreciate the 5-way adjustable handle as it increases versatility. There is also the quick release tray to change the cleaner heads and the fact that you can use it as a vacuum, a vacuum steamer, and a steamer.
- It is cheaper than other appliances
- It performs well on large debris
- The easy release option makes changing cleaning pads a walk in the park
- You cannot use it on hard floors
- It only works with distilled water
Though cleaning filters is a walk in the park, here are some few filter cleaning tips of the 1132A.
11. Dyson DC56 Hardwood Floor Cleaner
(Best for Superior Indoor Air Quality)
If you are interested in superior indoor air quality but are willing to sacrifice a little bit of performance while at it, then get the Dyson DC56. It has a HEPA filter that will trap 99.97% of allergens.
Knowing what to expect from Dyson though, the DC56 was a letdown. Don’t get me wrong; it is a great device, but not what we expect from Dyson.
The Dyson DC56 mops as you vacuum; it is not a steam mop, but relies on wet pads. It is best for areas that are regularly cleaned, and best for small debris. You can also use the DC56 as a handheld, but you have to sacrifice the mop feature.
Finally, it is a cordless machine, with 15-minutes of runtime.
- It is light
- It has a HEPA filter resulting in superior air quality
- It has a wall mount for storage
- The handheld works better
- It is too expensive for such underwhelming performance
- The vacuum power drops when working with the cleaning pads
- It cannot clean large debris
12. Hoover BH55210 Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum
One shortcoming of even the best vacuum and mop combo units is that grime sticks to the unlikeliest of places, and cleaning is difficult once the dirt dries. The cleaner head is often dirty, as is the suction tube and the filter. You have to clean the appliance after every use. Well, you are in luck thanks to the self-cleaning technology of the Hoover BH55210.
The BH552120 retails with a tray where you can leave it to run for a few minutes to eliminate dirt on the inside. Some other terrific features of this device include the ONEPWR battery system and the microfiber brushroll. If you are already on Hoover’s ONEPWR system, then it makes sense you purchase this as the batteries can be swapped for those of other devices.
Finally, the microfiber pad ensures that you trap most dirt without damaging delicate surfaces.
- It is perfect for pet messes and hair
- You can use it to refresh low pile carpets
- It has a reasonable 25-minute runtime
- It does not dry the surface thoroughly, and you have to go over an area several times to collect all the water
Hard floor cleaning is often hard work. The Hoover BH55210 removes the hard work from cleaning hard floors as you will see in this review.
13. E-Rising 3-in-1 Stick vacuum and Mop
(Best for Runtime)
For the best vacuum and mop combo with the most extended runtime, I recommend the E-Rising 3-in-1 stick vac. As you might have guessed, it is a cordless device with a runtime of 45-min to 55-min. That should be enough for most cleaning tasks. Moreover, the battery has a power indicator, so you will ever know the charge left.
As for speed, it has two-speed control for different tasks. The 0.6L bin will hold enough dirt, but you will have to empty it often.
I also found that it works well on carpets thanks to the motorized roller head. It can get to deeply embedded dirt with ease. However, you cannot use the mop feature on carpets. And speaking of mopping, it attaches to the back of the cleaner head so you mop after vacuuming.
- It has LED lights on the front to help when working in dark areas
- It has a HEPA filter for improved air quality
- It can stand up for better storage
- It has a long runtime
- It has a small bin, and you will empty it often when cleaning
- You have to buy wet and dry wipes
14. Roborock E35 Robot Vacuum and Mop
(Best for Light Tasks)
Roborock pays attention to the minor details, and that is what gives it an edge over competitors. It is intelligent, and thanks to the gyroscope and the electric eye it will clean reasonably. Moreover, the sensors keep it from falling down the stairs and prevent it from bumping it furniture kids and pets as it will slow the device down.
Similar to the Roborock S5, you will appreciate that the brushes do not disperse dirt and that the exhaust does not scatter debris, as it is a dual exhaust that happens to be diffused. Also, it picks large trash and small debris on carpets and hard floors.
Furthermore, Roborock has a tangle-free brush. I thought it was a marketing gimmick as every robot vacuum manufacturer makes that claim, but it happens that it is a tangle-free brush. As for the mopping feature, you have to attach a cleaner pad to the water tank. Water seeps into the pad ensuring that it is saturated to the right level. It might not replace the regular mop, but it is excellent for light tasks.
- It has a long battery life at 2.5 hrs
- It has a substantial bin
- Water only seeps onto the cleaning pad when it is moving
- Though Roborock says it can work on carpets, it results in the side brushes jamming
Roborock is undoubtedly a terrific robot vacuum and mop. Here is its performance to help make an educated decision about this device.
15. Rollibot 2-in-1 for Rapido Vacuum
Though this is not a vacuum and mop combo, it works with the Rapido vacuum so it might as well be on this list. First, it has suction on the front, followed by cleaning pads. You will have to invest in wet and dry wipes if you want to clean your floors.
As for the vacuum, it is suction powered and best for use on hard floors. You can forget about cleaning carpets as it does not have a beater bar. I loved the simplicity of this device though you have to have the Rapido vacuum for you to use it.
- Seeing as it is an attachment, it is affordable as you don’t have to buy a new machine
- The cleaning pads will last long as you the vacuum first gets rid of most of the dirt
- It only works with a Rapido vacuum
Vacuum and Mop Combo Buying Guide
I believe I am a good guy, so I provided a buying guide if none of the devices here fascinate you. Here are things you should consider when investing in one of these bad boys.
Corded or Cordless
When looking for the best vacuum and mop combo, you have to decide between a corded and cordless machine. Corded vacuum and mop combos are great if you want to avoid the downtime associated with cordless vacuums. Should you choose a corded vacuum, then get one with a cord that is at least 25-ft.
Size and Weight
You might be using one of these devices for hours on end. As such, invest in an appliance that is easy to carry. A machine that can fit into tight spots, and one that you can store with ease. And while we are on the topic of storage, ensure that it can stand on its own that you don’t have to find a place to lean it after every wash.
To avoid the work associated with cleaning, then you can get a robot vacuum and mop combo. Robots from Roborock are rather dependable thanks to the superior power and extended runtime.
If you are here, I bet it is because of the versatility vacuum and mop combos provide. Who wouldn’t love a machine that vacuum and cleans? Well, you might be compromising other features to get these two functions. As such, ensure you purchase a device that is adaptable beyond just being a vacuum and mop.
When working with vacuum and mop combos, you will have to pick between a steam mop and a standard mop that works with wet or dry cleaning pads. The latter does not have any runtime, but there is ever the issue of consumables.
Should you choose to purchase a vacuum and steam mop combo, you have to check the steaming time. Steaming time is the amount of time it takes for the water to be ready to use. Get a device with the shortest runtime; otherwise you will be spending a better portion of your time waiting for the water to heat.
This vacuum and mop combo review is somewhat lengthy, but I have to commend you for making it this far. However, let me respond to some nagging questions to put your mind at ease.
It’s a wrap, folks. We are finally at the end of this best vacuum and mop combo review, and I hope that one of these devices piqued your interest. If one did, let me know in the comments below.