It’s autumn, and as the cold weather approaches, you will have a mess in your yard as trees shed their leaves. Raking and using blowers might suffice, but leaf vacuum mulchers happen to be better than most other options.
Leaf vacuum mulchers not only vacuum the leaves, but they shred them into tiny pieces? Why? It allows the bag to hold more of the waste-reducing the cost of consumables.
If you are looking for the best leaf vacuum mulcher, you are in luck as I have created a list that will make your search a walk in the park.
What Is A Leaf Vacuum Mulcher?
When trees drop leaves or during the fall weather, there may be too many leaves in front of your house. Disposing all of these leaves is quite struggling since you will need large bags or many spaces to store them.
In this case, the use of a leaf vacuum mulcher can fix this problem. How does this machine work? It will gather the leaves and glide them to a small pile for ease of disposing of. With such great convenience, you no longer need to spend hours collecting leaves or using various bags.
That’s not all, since this is a leaf vacuum mulcher. It captures, shreds, and bags them for mulch. What you need to do is only to use this machine for vacuuming the yard, and owning a neat yard has never been easier.
What Are The Advantages Of A Leaf Vacuum Mulcher?
Now let’s cast through some amazing benefits of owning a leaf vacuum mulcher to see why you need to invest in this machine!
- Time-Saving: using a leaf vacuum mulcher helps you save a lot of time by eliminating the need to collect the leaves. You just need to use the vacuum mode, and all the leaves will be gathered.
- Mulching Function: as you know, the mulch produced is ideal for boosting plants’ growth in the garden. Mulching serves as a fertilizer because it is rich in nutrients such as nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Strong and Convenient: a leaf vacuum mulcher is powerful enough to shred the debris stuck to the yard, so there will be no hassle when vacuuming. Moreover, I would like to inform you that a leaf vacuum mulcher can shred the leaves to a small pile with proportions greater than 10:1.
- Easy To Setup and Store: setting up this product is effortless as you do not need any tools. Moreover, this device is just a small package, so storing it is also as easy as pie.
- Adjustable speeds: a leaf vacuum mulcher that provides you with various speed options will help you modify the speeds when needed. Thanks to this function, the task is performed better and faster when you select the high speed for large fields.
Leaf Vacuum Mulcher Shops Near You
Before we get started, I would love to talk about where to get these devices. I am cool that way. Without the right information, the likelihood of you making costly mistakes is high. I do not want that.
First, I recommend consulting a colleague or that neighbor with one of these bad boys. They are the best to direct you to a good shop. However, the online space is equally good. Here are some search terms you can use to find a good leaf vacuum mulcher outlet near you.
- Leaf vacuum mulcher shop near me
- Leaf vacuum mulcher shop in my location
- Leaf vacuum mulcher shop in my area
- Leaf vacuum mulcher shop in the US
With that, here is what you have been waiting for.
Here Are The Best Leaf Vacuum Mulcher To Buy
I insist that the Toro 51619 UltraPlus is the best leaf vacuum mulcher. You can also get the Blue Ridge Leaf Vacuum Mulcher if you are on a budget. For demanding tasks, or commercial purposes, the Worx Trivac WG505 is remarkable.
Check out the other best leaf vacuum mulchers I recommend below to find the one that best fits your needs!
- Best Overall: Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum Mulcher
“Powerful device: 250 mph degree, 350 CFM in blow mode, and 410 CFM in vacuum mode, variable speed control, 97% leaf reduction.”
- Best Budget: Blue Ridge BR8501U Leaf Vacuum Mulcher Blower
“Adjustable speeds, 10 bags of leaves to 1 bag of mulch, 220mph force, cord retention.”
- Best for Small Debris: Greenworks 24322 G-Max Digi Pro Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
“6 speeds options, superior mulching performance, brushless motor, smooth operation with just little noise.”
- Best Quiet: Black + Decker BV6000 Blower Vacuum Mucher
“50% less noise for comfortable operation, all-in-one, 3-in-1 device, 2 speeds selections, grind up to 16 bags of mulch down to one.”
- Best with Metal Impeller: Worx WG518 Corded Blower Vacuum Mulcher
“Powerful blowing speeds, 2-speed control, 16:1 mulching ratio, metal impeller, easy-to-use, one-touch reversion between blowing and mulching.”
- Best Versatile: Toro 51619 Ultra Blower Vacuum Mulcher
“3-in-1 machine for multi-purpose, better control with variable speeds, larger metal impeller, 88% of mulched debris reduced.”
- Best Commercial: Worx Trivac WG505 Vacuum Mulcher
“Metal impeller with 16:1 ratio, lightweight at 9.5 pounds, one-hand operation, adjustable airflow speeds.”
- Best Gas-Powered: Husqvarna 125BVX Blower Vacuum Mulcher
“High air volume and speed, a gas-powered unit, auto-return stop switch, variable speed throttle with cruise control.”
- Best Compact: Toro 51617 Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
“2-speed air control, cord lock system, quick-release latch, compact, contemporary styling.”
- Best with Variable Speeds: Black + Decker BV6600 Blower Vacuum Mulcher
“12 Amps motor, variable speeds for better control, grind 16 bags of mulch down to one, high-performance with low noise.”
- Best Robust: Sun Joe SBJ605E Vacuum Mulcher
“Durable aluminum alloy impeller, 16:1 reduction ratio, quick and easy conversion, 6 adjustable wind speeds.”
- Best Walk-Behind: Sun Joe SBJ802E Vacuum Mulcher
“8-gallon bag capacity, 5-amp motor, high impact resistant impeller mulches, height-adjustable handle.”
- Best Lightweight: Black + Decker LSWV36 Vacuum Mulcher
“6:1 mulching ratio, battery-operated with excellent runtime, low noise level, soft-grip handle.”
- Best for Large Yards: Scotts BVM23014S Blower Vacuum Mulcher
“14-Amp motor and turbofan technology, 2-speed settings, lightweight design for ease of using, powerful and versatile.”
15 Best Leaf Vacuum Mulcher Comparison Chart 2021
Here is a quick comparison guide to doing your work of comparing the devices undemanding. Let’s scroll down and take a quick look at this table to find the best leaf vacuum mulcher for you! Do enjoy.
|Best Leaf Vacuum Mulchers||Bag Capacity in Bushels||Weight in Pounds||Blower Speed in MPH||CFM||Warranty in yrs.|
|Toro 51621 Ultraplus Leaf Blower and Vacuum - Best Overall||1.5||8.9||250||410||2|
|Greenworks 24322 G-Max Digi Pro Leaf Mulcher - Best for Small Debris||1.2||5.6||185||340||2-Battery, 4-Vacuum|
|Black + Decker BV6000 Blower/Vac/Mulcher- Best Quiet||1.5||8.1||180/250||400||2|
|Worx WG518 Corded Blower Vac- Best with Metal Impeller||1.2||10.8||170/250||410||3|
|Blue Ridge BR8501U - Best Budget||N/A||13.7||220||350||2|
|Toro 51619 Ultra Blower Vac- Best Versatile||1.5||9||170/250||410||2|
|Worx Trivac WG505 - Best Commercial||1.2||9.5||210||350||3|
|Husqvarna 125BVX Blower Vac - Best Gas-Powered||2.14||9.6||170||425||2|
|Toro 51617 Leaf Vacuum Mulcher- Best Compact||N/A||6.5||215||350||2|
|Black + Decker BV6600 Blower Vacuum Mulcher- Best with Variable Speeds||1.5||8.1||140/250||400||2|
|Sun Joe SBJ605E Vacuum Mulcher - Best Robust||1.9||8.6||250||410||2|
|Sun Joe SBJ802E Vacuum Mulcher - Best Walk-Behind||0.86||20||150||590||2|
|Black + Decker LSWV36 - Best Lightweight||0.5||4.7||120||200||2|
|Scotts Outdoor Power Tools BVM23014S Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher - Best for Large Yards||2||10||110/200||410||3|
Best Leaf Vacuum Mulchers Reviews 2021
This is the heart of the matter. You will learn about the various features of the 15 best leaf vacuum mulchers to help you decide which suits you. I also welcome you to leave a comment below if you feel there is something I missed.
1. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum Mulcher
Topping the list of my best leaf vacuum mulcher, the Toro 51621 UltraPlus is nothing short of incredible. It is a 3-in-1 electric unit and works as a blower, vacuum, and mulcher. In blow mode, it has 350CFM of airflow and 410CFM in vacuum mode. It can pick the toughest and even wet leaves.
I also found the variable speed fascinating. There are instances where you want speed to tackle wet leaves, but at times, you only want a device that will blow away a bit of dust. You get all that with the Toro 52621. You can vary the speed from barely noticeable to 250 MPH.
As for weight, it is 8.9-pounds, and though people say it is bulky, you will not notice it as it is well-balanced. It also has two knobs you can hold when working.
Finally, it has a metal impeller. Most blowers at this price have a plastic impeller, so it is nice to find one that has a metal impeller.
- Powerful device: 250 mph degree
- 350 CFM in blow mode and 410 CFM in vacuum mode
- Variable speed control
- 97% leaf reduction
- The attachments snap together and come off quickly
- It has 3-nozzles that increase versatility
- It is affordable
- Time-saving and excellent performance
- Better control in different modes
- The cord holder could be better. Owing to how it is angled, the cord will still slip out
|Included Attachments||Power insert, concentrator, oscillating nozzle, shred ring|
If you want to learn more about this fantastic leaf vacuum mulcher, I welcome you to watch the video below.
2. Greenworks 24322 G-Max Digi Pro Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
(Best for Small Debris)
Following on this list of the best leaf vacuum mulcher is the Greenworks 24322. If you are on the hunt for a cordless vacuum mulcher, I recommend this device though it is only ideal for small leaves.
If you are already on the 40V Greenworks platform, then it is a no brainer that you should add this to your toolset. I also recommend it as you will be working untethered. The 2AH battery takes 1-hr to charge, while the 4AH battery takes 2-hrs to charge. As for runtime, you will get about 15-minutes in turbo mode.
And speaking of turbo mode, though the speed is not as adjustable as that of our top pick, you can select between standard and turbo mode. The impeller is nylon, and though it is durable, it is only ideal for mulching small debris.
- 6 speeds options
- Superior mulching performance
- Brushless motor
- Smooth operation with just little noise
- It is well balanced and allows for excellent control
- The blower is incredible
- Long-lasting device
- Lightweight and easily maneuverable
- Lower vibration for comfort in use
- I wish the vacuum mode could be better
- The runtime is short in turbo mode
|Speed Control||Variable (6 speeds)|
|Reduction ratio||Not specific|
|Included Attachments||Blower, blower tube, vacuum tube, bag, 4.0AH battery, and charger|
Greenworks is a great machine, and I believe you will love it after watching the review here. I will not be surprised if you purchase more than the 24322 from Greenworks.
3. Black + Decker BV6000 Blower Vacuum Mucher
With a 12-amp motor, there is little the Black + Decker BV 6000 cannot do. First, it is a 3-in-1 unit, and it converts from a blower to a vacuum in minutes. Conversion also happens to be a tool-free affair.
The device has two handles for better control and to reduce the strain on any hand. It weighs 8.1 pounds, and though I cannot consider it a lightweight device, it is not bulky either. As for the power, it can get up to 250MPH in blower mode. However, it has 2-speeds, and the other is 180MPH for areas that need lower speed.
It happens to be a relatively quiet machine at 68 decibels. You can use it without annoying the neighbors. Finally, it has a metal impeller. This is fascinating, as rarely do you get a metal impeller at this price point.
- 50% less noise for comfortable operation
- All-in-one, 3-in-1 device
- 2 speeds selections
- Grind up to 16 bags of mulch down to one
- A cord retainer for uninterrupted use
- Retail in compostable bags
- Superior durability
- It is mighty and will suck up even small twigs and mud
- The metal impeller is a bonus
- The suction tube occasionally clogs
|Speed Control||2 speeds|
|Brand||Black + Decker|
|Included Attachments||2 disposable bags, diffuser, detachable shoulder strap, concentrator, blow tube, vacuum tube, reusable bag assembly|
Removing the fan cover to convert this to a vacuum and mulcher can be difficult. Well, worry not, as this review will make it easier for you.
4. Worx WG518 Corded Blower Vacuum Mulcher
(Best with Metal Impeller)
The next best leaf vacuum mulcher is the Worx WG518. It is a workhorse, a beast, and vacuuming dry leaves will be a walk in the park. With two variable speeds, 160MPH and 250MPH, the Worx WG518 can be used for demanding and light tasks.
The higher speed is great for demanding tasks such as wet leaves, twigs, and acorns, while the lower speed is for light jobs.
I also fell in love with the weight. At 7.5-pounds, it is beyond lightweight. And don’t we all love lightweight but robust machines? You can work for hours without fatigue.
Moreover, it is a 3-in-1 device, and changing from blower to vacuum and back is easy. No tools are needed providing you have the necessary nozzles. As for the CFM, it is close to 400, and that is more than double what powerful vacuums offer.
Finally, it has a metal impeller; therefore, you are sure of the quality and durability.
- Powerful blowing speeds
- 2-speed control
- 16:1 mulching ratio, metal impeller
- Easy-to-use, one-touch reversion between blowing and mulching
- Lightweight, and you can use it for hours with ease
- A mighty device, thanks to the 12 amp motor
- Versatile use
- Ideal for clearing deck, patio, driveway, sidewalk, or yard
- It is remarkable when it comes to getting things out of tight spots
- It is noisy at 82 decibels
- It only has two variable speeds
- It lacks balance when using it to sweep side to side
|Speed Control||2 speeds|
|Color||Orange and black|
|Included Attachments||Blower and suction tube|
Does it work? That is the question one has to answer when on the hunt for a leaf vacuum mulcher. Here is the Worx WG518 in action to help make a decision.
5. Blue Ridge BR8501U Leaf Vacuum Mulcher Blower
Following on this list of the best leaf vacuum mulchers is the Blue Ridge BR8501U. I loved it as it is a budget pick and will not leave a dent in your back. Moreover, it happens to be a light machine allowing you to work for long hours.
The Blue Ridge Leaf vacuum mulcher is an electric machine, and thus it is free of emissions. Another fantastic feature of the Blue Ridge is that it is a 3-in-1 machine. It is a blower, a vacuum, and a mulcher.
You will appreciate the 220MPH blower speed and the 350CFM. The blower has a reducer enabling you to get rid of leaves and debris in tight spots.
As for converting from one function to another, it is a breeze as no tools are required. Finally, it has cord retention that will come in handy during storage.
- Adjustable speeds
- 10 bags of leaves to 1 bag of mulch
- 220mph force
- Cord retention
- Powerful machine
- 2-speed control for demanding and light tasks
- It is affordable
- Easy to assemble
- Though converting from blower to vacuum and mulcher is easy, it takes a while
|Speed Control||2 speeds|
|Included Attachments||Mulch bag|
6. Toro 51619 Ultra Blower Vacuum Mulcher
The Toro Ultra is different from the UltraPlus in that it does not have a shred ring and an oscillating nozzle. Nonetheless, it is still one of the best leaf vacuum mulchers in the industry.
The Toro Ultra has the top-rated air horsepower in the industry. It has 410CFM in vacuum mode and 350CFM in blow mode. In short, vacuuming or blowing leaves will be nothing if not a walk in the park. Converting the device from a blower to a vacuum also happens to be easy, thanks to the quick-release latch.
I also came to like the cord lock. It helps keep the cord attached to the unit. There is also the cord storage hook that allows for effortless storage.
Moreover, the device is simple to store as you can disassemble it and keep it in one of the bags. As for the impeller, it is metallic, and you are assured of the quality and longevity.
- 3-in-1 machine for multi-purpose
- Better control with variable speeds
- Larger metal impeller
- 88% of mulched debris reduced
- It seldom clogs
- Bottom dump zipper for ease of use and durability
- Built-in cord lock
- 2-year full warranty
- Unbeatable power
- The bag opens at the bottom, and the zip cannot hold the weight of the dirt. Eventually, it will fall apart
|Included Attachments||Vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, power insert, and concentrator nozzle|
If you do not shy away from long reviews, here is a Toro 51619 review that will help you make an informed decision.
7. Worx Trivac WG505 Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
Selecting the Worx Trivac is the best leaf vacuum mulcher for commercial purposes was not painless. First, it has a plastic impeller, and that is not ideal for an industrial unit. However, it is hard plastic and will last long without the weight of metal.
And speaking of weight, the device weighs 8.4 pounds, which is reasonable. It is easy to control with the two handles, and you will make your way through leaves with ease. The switch is on the handle, and powering it on or off is easy.
I picked this as the best commercial leaf vacuum mulcher because you don’t have to change the nozzles to move from vacuum to blower. That is easy, and it happens at the push of a switch.
As for the blower, it has 7-variable speeds increasing the versatility of the device.
- Metal impeller with 16:1 ratio
- Lightweight at 9.5 pounds
- One-hand operation
- Adjustable airflow speeds
- Easy to take apart and put together
- Mighty with 210MPH and 350CFM
- Budget-friendly price tag
- Strong enough for tough debris
- The blower is a bit weak, and working on grass is going to be difficult
- You cannot use it on irregular surfaces
|Speed Control||7 speeds|
|Color||Orange and black|
|Included Attachments||1.2 Bushel Collection Bag|
Learn how to use the Worx Trivac by watching the video below.
8. Husqvarna 125BVX Blower Vacuum Mulcher
Leaf vacuum mulchers are available in three types: gas-powered, battery-powered, and corded. The Husqvarna happens to be the best gas-powered blower vac. I loved that it is fuel-efficient, and you will barely put a dent in the tank after hours of work.
As for power, it is quite robust. It can get to 8000 RPM, which is equivalent to 170MPH. That should be enough for vacuuming on gravel and concrete, but it will struggle on grass. Another striking feature is the cruise control that allows you to maintain a constant speed without having to adjust the blower’s speed.
The Husqvarna is ergonomic, and I loved how they have eliminated the torque effect. The blower is in line with the handle and consequently the hand, and it is easier to work with.
- High air volume and speed
- A gas-powered unit
- Auto-return stop switch
- Variable speed throttle with cruise control
- You can use it anywhere without being tethered to an outlet or running the risk of downtime
- The air purge reduces resistance when starting the machine
- Adjustable tube length
- Intuitive controls
- Ergonomic design
- Attaching the bag is a hassle
- It is a gas-powered unit, and therefore it smokes
|Impeller Material||Plastic (metal mulching blade in the center)|
|Included Attachments||Collection bag|
9. Toro 51617 Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
Toro is a renowned company, and their appliances are exceptional. The Toro 51617 is one such device, and though simple, I believe you will love it.
First, it is a blower, vacuum, and mulcher. The blower function is great for collecting dirt in one area, after which you can pick it up. I loved that it has a reducer for getting things out of tight spots such as decks.
The handle is intuitive and has knobs, which I found more comfortable than the standard handle. Finally, the impeller is plastic, and though it is enough for small tasks, I do not recommend it for bulky debris.
- 2-speed air control
- Cord lock system
- Quick-release latch
- Compact, contemporary styling
- Comfortable to use
- Easy to maneuver
- No tools conversion
- Long periods of uninterrupted use
- It only has a 2-speed setting, which is uncharacteristic of Toro
- Changing nozzles is a challenge
|Speed Control||2 speeds|
|Reduction ratio||Not specific|
10. Black + Decker BV6600 Blower Vacuum Mulcher
(Best with Variable Speeds)
The 3-in-1, 12-amp Black + Decker vacuum mulcher is the next best leaf vacuum mulcher. Powered by a 12-amp motor, it is robust and will make short work of any tasks. It blows leaves at speeds of 250MPH, allowing you to work on grass and other areas that need such high speeds. However, you can lower it to 140MPH for areas where subtlety is required.
You also have to consider the product’s weight when on the hunt for a leaf vacuum mulcher. At 8.1-pounds, it is neither weighty nor light, but you will appreciate that it is well balanced. As for the noise, I found it to be relatively quiet at 68 decibels.
Another exciting feature was the impeller, which doubles as a fan. It is a metal impeller that is head and shoulders above the competition, which uses plastic impellers. Finally, the bags are disposable and can hold 1.5 bushels.
- 12 Amps motor
- Variable speeds for better control
- Grind 16 bags of mulch down to one
- High-performance with low noise
- Changing from blower to vacuum and mulcher is a walk in the park
- The fan is metallic and can withstand the abuse
- Resealable leaf bag
- Do the job efficiently and reliably
- Some find it heavy
- The manual could be better
|Color||Orange and Black|
|Brand||Black + Decker|
|Included Attachments||Blow tube, vacuum tube, EZ empty reusable collection bag, concentrator|
The following video should make your work 0f setting up the BV6600 easier.
11. Sun Joe SBJ605E Vacuum Mulcher
Another machine that just had to be on this list of the best leaf vacuum mulcher is the Sun Joe SBJ605E. First, you get three color choices (purple, green, silver), and though this doesn’t sound like a big deal, I appreciated that I could pick whichever color I preferred.
You will also appreciate that the handles are knobs and not the standard handles, increasing comfort and control. As for the power, it has a top speed of 250MPH thanks to the 14-amp motor. This motor is the most powerful, and you will appreciate that it is mighty.
As for the impeller, it is an aluminum alloy impeller, and it can withstand abuse. Finally, the bag has a shoulder strap to distribute the weight of mulched hair and take it off your hands. It has a clip where you attach it to the vacuuming nozzle in other machines so as not to drag it on the ground.
- Durable aluminum alloy impeller
- 16:1 reduction ratio
- Quick and easy conversion
- 6 adjustable wind speeds
- A reducer on the blower to help get into tight spots
- Getting the bags on and off is simple
- Suit all your leaf blowing needs
- 3-in-1 design
- Quiet motor
- The bags are relatively smaller, unlike the competition
|Speed Control||6 speeds|
|Impeller Material||Aluminum alloy|
|Included Attachments||Vacuum bag|
Putting together any machine is often a pain. And though we don’t read instructions, I recommend reading this before you start using it.
12. Sun Joe SBJ802E Vacuum Mulcher
If you are tired of carrying a leaf blower, or the thought of doing that discourages you from investing in one of these devices, then I recommend the Sun Joe SBJ802E. It is a walk-behind unit and has some snazzy features.
First, changing from blower to vacuum is fantastic, as it happens at the flick of a switch. You don’t have to change accessories as is the norm with most devices on this list. As for the handle, it is adjustable, meaning you can customize it to your preferred height.
It retails with a 2-year warranty which I found quite impressive.
- 8-gallon bag capacity
- 5-amp motor
- High-impact resistant impeller mulches
- Height-adjustable handle
- You don’t suffer fatigue from having to carry the machine
- Powerful suction
- Versatile 3-in-1 tool
- Rugged, easy-glide wheels
- It has a large bag to hold the mulched leaves
- The blower is weaker, reaching only 150MPH
- You cannot get into tight spots such as flowerbeds
|Speed Control||Not specific|
|Included Attachments||8-gallon collection bag|
The Sun Joe SBJ802E is a different machine from the rest. I welcome you to watch this review to learn more about this device.
13. Remington RM-1300 Vacuum Mulcher
Unlike other tools that mulch the leaves by a ratio of 16:1, the RM-1300 mulches by a ratio of 10:1. However, for a small backyard, that should not be noticeable. Two features piqued my interest with the Remington RM-1300, and they are the reasons this is on this list.
First, it has an attachable rolling nozzle that allows it to glide on hard floors. Cleaning patios, verandahs, and driveways will be a walk in the park. However, the nozzle will not be a problem when vacuuming on the grass. It is removable, after all.
Next, here is the quick shift lever. Similar to the Sun Joe SBJ802E, you don’t have to change nozzles. Consequently, you will work faster, saving time. As for speed, it is a 2-speed blower, with a top speed of 150MPH. As for the vacuum, it has a 350CFM, which will suffice for most activities.
- Powerful motor with 3-in-1 design
- 10:1 mulching
- Quickshift conversion
- 2-speed for easy control
- The quick switch lever saves you time
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and balanced design
- Ideal for driveways, sidewalks, and yard
- It has a decent 2-yr warranty
- It lacks the power that competitor leaf vacuums offer. With a max speed of 150MPH, it is on the lower end
|Speed Control||2 speeds|
|Included Attachments||Rolling nozzle|
14. Black + Decker LSWV36 Vacuum Mulcher
At 4.7 pounds, the Black + Decker LSWV36 is incredibly lightweight. As such, you can work for hours without fatigue, and it had to be on this best leaf vacuum mulcher guide.
It also happens to be a cordless machine for environmentalists looking for a cordless leaf vacuum mulcher. With a 40V battery, you have more power in a compact battery. Therefore you can work for longer periods without having to carry the weight around. The battery holds a charge longer, which is a plus in my books. As for the charge, it takes 1-hr to full charge.
The blower has a max airspeed of 120MPH, which is low. However, cleaning the patio or driveway will be a breeze. It also happens to be a quiet device at 65 decibels.
- 6:1 mulching ratio
- Battery-operated with excellent runtime
- Low noise level
- Soft-grip handle
- It is light, allowing for long periods of use without fatigue
- The blower attachment has a scraper tool for getting rid of matted leaves and stuck-on debris
- Comfortable for all-day use
- Clear patios, decks, walkways, driveways, and garages
- It has zero emissions
- It lacks the power to work on wet leaves
- It only runs between 20 and 30-minutes when fully charged
|Speed Control||Not specific|
|Brand||Black + Decker|
Though it comes from a renowned brand, I believe seeing is believing. The LSWV36 is an incredible machine, and I think you will love it more after watching this.
15. Scotts BVM23014S Blower Vacuum Mulcher
(Best for Large Yards)
Let me start with a disclaimer. Though the Scotts Outdoor is perfect for large yards, the yards should have few trees. It is underpowered for demanding work, and it is for light tasks.
With a variable speed between 110 and 200MPH, it will not be helpful in an area that borders the woods. As for the vacuum, it has a 310 to 410CFM; pretty decent.
Several things piqued my interest in this device. First, it has a massive bag at 2-bushels. Second, it has an adjustable rake on the vacuum nozzle that will help you get rid of stuck-on debris. And speaking of the vacuum nozzle, it has an adjustable length allowing you to adjust it for different tasks.
As if that was not enough to make it one of the best leaf vacuum mulchers, switching from blower to a vacuum happens at a switch. Finally, it has rollers that help when working on sidewalks or the driveway.
- 14-Amp motor and turbofan technology
- 2-speed settings
- Lightweight design for ease of using
- Powerful and versatile
- The bag has a zipper on the bottom that helps when dumping the leaves
- It has a lengthy 3-yr warranty
- Lightweight design
- It is underpowered and happens to be weighty.
|Speed Control||2 speeds|
Leaf Vacuum Mulcher Buying Guide
I welcome you to read on to know the things you should look for when looking for a top-rated machine.
Gas vs. Electric vs. Cordless
You first have to consider the type of device to get. You have to choose between gas, electric, and cordless leaf vacuum mulchers. Each of these has its pros and shortcomings.
Gas machines are noisy, heavy, and pollute the air, but they are great for areas without outlets and don’t have downtime. As for electric vacuum mulchers, they are free of emissions, are quiet, and are generally cheaper, but you are tethered to an outlet, and you lack the power that gas machines offer.
Finally, you have cordless leaf vacuum mulchers that try to merge the benefits of gas and electric devices. Yes, you get to be more mobile, but you are still limited by the battery life and the charging time.
Size of the Collection Bag
Other than speed, the other reason you are sacrificing the rake is to reduce the number of bags you use. As such, you have to ensure you get a device that retails with a large bag. The bag should be at least 1.5 bushels to allow you to vacuum and mulch a large area without having to empty often.
Other than the size, look for a bag with a zipper that runs the entire length of the bag. If the zipper is at the bottom, it should be strong, ensuring it can carry the weight of the leaves.
Suction power is an important feature to consider whether you are looking for a vacuum for a home or a leaf vacuum. Suction power determines what you can use the machine for. If your area is often wet, you should get a powerful machine, something like the Toro 51619 UltraPlus.
Other than suction power, get a machine with variable suction and speed. There are instances where you will be working on delicate surfaces, and the high suction will be nothing but a drawback.
Weight and Portability
Depending on the areas you are working on, you will need a vacuum you can carry around. If you are muscular, then a weighty vacuum will be no problem. However, if you lack the strength, look for a light device.
You should also consider the portability the machine offers. This boils down to the type of device you are working with. Gas leaf vacuum mulchers are portable but are bulky. Electric units, on the other hand, are light but lack portability. Picking the right device will boil down to your preferences.
The impeller is the core of any leaf vacuum mulcher. As such, you have to consider it before you make a purchase. Impellers are often plastic or metallic. I recommend devices with metallic impellers, although getting a reliable tool at this price is a challenge.
So, should you get one with a metal impeller, be sure to purchase that? Metal can withstand any abuse from rocks and twigs. Moreover, it is strong enough to mulch acorns and other hardened debris.
Though plastic impellers are decent, they lack the durability that metal offers. However, if you will be mulching areas with few to no stones, then a device with a plastic impeller will suffice.
I recommend getting a device from a trustworthy brand. Yes, less known companies can make excellent leaf vacuum mulchers, but there are services you will only get from renowned companies.
A company such as Toro has too much to lose from a negative review, and thus it has perfect after-sales services. They are more likely to honor their warranty in case of damage over other less known companies.
Other than Toro, other trustworthy brands include Worx, Greenworks, Ryobi, DEWALT, and Husqvarna.
As for price, try and stick to your budget. If you are on a limited budget, get our budget pick, the Blue Ridge Leaf Vacuum. It happens to be affordable, but it has the power to handle most if not all leaf vacuuming jobs.
You can also sacrifice one function if you don’t necessarily need a 3-in-1 device. Sacrificing one function will lower the price drastically. Nonetheless, I still think you should invest in a pricey unit as they are built better, have more power, and probably last longer.
Ensure you can access the fan area. An easy access fan area allows you to clean clogs and to check on the state of the impeller. Moreover, if you are buying the machine in a leaf vacuum shop near you, ensure that it does not vibrate too much as then it will be uncomfortable to work with.
Finally, the handles should be comfortable, and it should have a trigger lock, so you don’t have to depress the trigger every time.
We are nearing the end game of this review, but let me answer some frequently asked questions about leaf vacuum mulchers.
My Top Pick
Picking the right leaf vacuum mulcher should now be a walk in the park. I choose the Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Vacuum Mulcher as my top pick because it comes with a metal impeller and variable speeds for easier control.
Which is the best leaf vacuum mulcher for you? Do you know other best leaf vacuum mulchers? Do you want to ask anything? I also welcome you to leave a comment below on what you think is the best leaf vacuum mulcher.